Author Topic: Justin LaPook  (Read 4546 times)

FGLM001

• Personal Text
    Gravity, thou art a heartless bitch
    • View Profile
Justin LaPook
« on: September 17, 2016, 12:24:50 AM »
CHARACTER

Name:​ ​Justin​ ​LaPook

Stage​ ​Name:​ ​Knives

Species​ ​and​ ​Gender:​ ​Male​ ​Sheep​ ​Faunus 

Symbol:​ ​A​ ​skull​ ​and​ ​crossbones,​ ​but​ ​with​ ​cleavers​ ​replacing​ ​the​ ​bones

Appearance:​ ​Justin​ ​prefers​ ​to​ ​wear​ ​all​ ​black,​ ​with​ ​torn​ ​black​ ​jeans,​ ​a​ ​black​ ​T-shirt, and​ ​curly,​ ​dyed​ ​black​ ​hair.​ ​He​ ​is​ ​of​ ​average​ ​height​ ​and​ ​build,​ ​being​ ​5​ ​foot​ ​7​ ​and​ ​weighing​ ​165 pounds.​ ​He​ ​has​ ​three​ piercings​ ​in​ ​each​ ​ear.​ ​They​ ​are​ ​all​ ​black​ ​studs​ ​that​ ​curve​ ​around​ ​the​ ​top
of​ ​his​ ​ears.​ ​He​ ​has​ ​small​ ​horns​ ​that​ ​curl​ ​underneath​ ​his​ ​hair,​ ​with​ ​the​ ​tips​ ​barely​ ​poking​ ​out. The​ ​Beacon​ ​uniform​ ​is,​ ​of​ ​course,​ ​compulsory,​ ​and​ ​he​ ​wears​ ​it​ ​when​ ​necessary.​ ​He​ ​does​ ​not like​ ​it​ ​and​ ​will​ ​take​ ​it​ ​off​ ​as​ ​soon​ ​as​ ​he​ ​can.​ ​He​ ​keeps​ ​his​ ​normal​ ​clothes​ ​in​ ​a​ ​gym​ ​bag​ ​on​ ​his back.

History:​ ​Born​ ​in​ ​Vale​ ​to​ ​a​ ​poor​ ​family​ ​with​ ​7​ ​children,​ ​Justin​ ​has​ ​been​ ​unwanted since​ ​birth.​ ​He​ ​was​ ​the​ ​youngest​ ​and​ ​therefore​ ​the​ ​one​ ​who​ ​got​ ​mistreated​ ​the​ ​most.​ ​If​ ​it wasn’t​ ​his​ ​cruel​ ​mother​ ​hitting​ ​him​ ​over​ ​the​ ​head​ ​when​ ​he​ ​just​ ​tried​ ​to​ ​get​ ​some​ ​food​ ​it​ ​was his​ ​father​ ​beating​ ​him​ ​with​ ​his​ ​belt​ ​for​ ​saying​ ​he​ ​liked​ ​a​ ​human​ ​girl​ ​down​ ​the​ ​street.​​Like​ ​most faunus,​ ​his​ ​family​ ​didn’t​ ​care​ ​for​ ​humans.​ ​Whenever​ ​someone​ ​brought​ ​up​ ​the​ ​topic,​ ​unless​ ​it was​ ​to​ ​say​ ​something​ ​derogatory​ ​to​ ​humans,​ ​they​ ​were​ ​generally​ ​beat.​ ​This​ ​went​ ​on​ ​until​ ​the entire​ ​family​ ​was​ ​convinced​ ​that​ ​humans​ ​were​ ​terrible​ ​and​ ​deserved​ ​to​ ​be​ ​punished. 

He​ ​was​ ​about​ ​13​ ​when​ ​he​ ​met​ ​a​ ​few​ ​people​ ​that​ ​would​ ​change​ ​his​ ​life​ ​entirely.​ ​These​ ​people were​ ​Cherry​ ​Chainsaw,​ ​Kerri​ ​Palidus,​ ​and​ ​Ceramite​ ​Gunmetal.​ ​One​ ​day,​ ​as​ ​he​ ​was​ ​walking about​ ​town,​ ​he​ ​met​ ​this​ ​group​ ​as​ ​they​ ​were​ ​hanging​ ​out.​ ​Over​ ​the​ ​next​ ​several​ ​years,​ ​he​ ​grew close​ ​to​ ​them​ ​and​ ​they​ ​helped​ ​him​ ​realize​ ​he​ ​wasn’t​ ​so​ ​alone.​ ​They​ ​“borrowed”​ ​an​ ​electric bass​ ​guitar​ ​and​ ​he​ ​learned​ ​to​ ​play​ ​thanks​ ​to​ ​a​ ​group​ ​of​ ​people​ ​that​ ​were​ ​into​ ​hardcore​ ​music that​ ​his​ ​new​ ​“clan”​ ​introduced​ ​him​ ​to.​ ​Shortly,​ ​he​ ​became​ ​a​ ​part​ ​of​ ​their​ ​band,​ ​adopting​ ​the stage/nickname​ ​Knives.​ ​He​ ​helped​ ​his​ ​band,​ ​Grimm​ ​Omen,​ ​rocket​ ​to​ ​the​ ​top,​ ​and,​ ​due​ ​to​ ​his loyalty,​ ​followed​ ​the​ ​rest​ ​into​ ​Beacon,​ ​although​ ​his​ ​exact​ ​words​ ​were​ ​”I’m​ ​doing​ ​it cuz​ ​Cherry​ ​will​ ​fucking​ ​murder​ ​me​ ​if​ ​I​ ​don’t.​ ​That​ ​shit’s​ ​for​ ​try-hards​ ​and​ ​pussies.”​ ​He studied alongside the rest of his band for the written exams, but not as hard as the rest. Surprisingly, he still managed to pass with decent grades. Of course, his upbringing taught him how to fight, but he still was able to learn a bit from Cherry, and that was enough to pass the combat exams.

The​ ​last​ ​part​ ​of​ ​his​ ​history​ ​that​ ​is​ ​notable​ ​before​ ​entering​ ​Beacon​ ​is​ ​the​ ​day​ ​his​ ​family​ ​died. He​ ​came​ ​home​ ​one​ ​day​ ​to​ ​find​ ​his​ ​house​ ​burned​ down,​ ​with​ ​his​ ​entire​ ​family​ ​inside.​ ​When​ ​the police​ ​showed​ ​up,​ ​they​ ​found​ ​a​ ​teenager​ ​staring​ ​numbly​ ​at​ ​the​ ​ashes​ ​of​ ​the​ ​place​ ​he​ ​used​ ​to
live.​ ​The​ ​police​ ​decided​ ​the​ ​​ ​reason​ ​he​ ​didn’t​ ​cry​ ​or​ ​anything​ ​was​ ​shock​ ​and​ ​urged​ ​him​ ​to​ ​see a​ ​therapist.​ ​Knives​ ​declined,​ ​knowing​ ​that​ ​it​ ​wouldn’t​ ​help.​ ​After​ ​an​ ​investigation,​ ​no​ ​one​ ​was able​ ​to​ ​find​ ​the​ ​​ ​cause​ ​of​ ​the​ ​fire​ ​and​ ​it​ ​was​ ​known​ ​from​ ​then​ ​on​ ​as​ ​a​ ​freak​ ​accident.​ ​Knives entered​ ​Beacon,​ ​determined​ ​to​ ​put​ ​that​ ​behind​ ​him.

Personality:​ ​He​ ​is​ ​sullen,​ ​a​ ​loner,​ ​and​ ​doesn’t​ ​really​ ​care.​ ​The​ ​only​ ​thing​ ​he​ ​does care​ ​about​ ​is​ ​his​ ​music​ ​and​ ​his​ ​band/team.​ ​When​ ​talking​ ​to​ ​people,​ ​he​ ​is​ ​distant​ ​and​ ​tries​ ​to end​ ​the​ ​conversation​ ​as​ ​soon​ ​as​ ​possible.​ ​If​ ​he​ ​is​ ​talking​ ​to​ ​a​ ​teammate,​ ​however,​ ​he becomes​ ​much​ ​more​ ​comfortable.​ ​He​ ​is​ ​never​ ​upbeat​ ​but​ ​can​ ​hold​ ​a​ ​conversation​ ​and
sometimes​ ​even​ ​laugh.​ ​He​ ​will​ ​actively​ ​avoid​ ​any​ ​humans,​ ​distrusting​ ​them​ ​completely.​ ​He​ ​is attempting​ ​to​ ​work​ ​on​ ​his​ ​hate,​ ​though.​ ​The​ ​thing​ ​that​ ​unnerves​ ​people​ ​though​ ​is​ ​when​ ​he talks​ ​about​ ​fighting.​ ​He​ ​speaks​ ​sort​ ​of​ ​like​ ​a​ ​fanatic,​ ​recalling​ ​fist​ ​fights​ ​and​ ​the​ ​like​ ​he​ ​has had​ ​and​ ​describing​ ​how​ ​he​ ​won.

Aura​ ​and​ ​Semblance:​ ​His​ ​aura​ ​is​ ​black.​ ​His​ ​semblance​ ​gives​ ​him​ ​the​ ​ability​ ​to literally​ ​not​ ​give​ ​a​ ​damn​ ​about​ ​what​ ​you​ ​do.​ ​It​ ​allows​ ​him​ ​to​ ​feel​ ​no​ ​damage​ ​during​ ​the​ ​time​ ​it is​ ​active,​ ​but​ ​at​ ​the​ ​cost​ ​of​ ​15%​ ​of​ ​his​ ​aura.​ ​It​ ​lasts​ ​for​ ​twenty​ ​seconds​ ​and​ ​afterwards​ ​has​ ​a recharge​ ​time​ ​of​ ​half​ ​an​ ​hour.​ ​He​ ​still​ ​takes​ ​the​ ​damage​ ​like​ ​usual,​ ​it's​ ​just​ ​like​ ​his​ ​pain receptors​ ​shut​ ​down.​ ​Also​ ​anything​ ​that​ ​would​ ​cause​ ​continuous​ ​pain​ ​begins​ ​hurting​ ​him​ ​the moment​ ​his​ ​semblance​ ​gives​ ​out.

Combat​ ​Behavior:​ ​When​ ​it​ ​comes​ ​time​ ​to​ ​fight,​ ​his​ ​usual​ ​lethargy​ ​is​ ​gone,​ ​replaced by​ ​a​ ​zeal​ ​unmatched​ ​by​ ​anything.​ ​He​ ​rushes​ ​close​ ​with​ ​a​ ​grin​ ​on​ ​his​ ​face​ ​and​ ​chops​ ​away, usually​ ​aiming​ ​for​ ​limbs.​​ ​It’s​ ​hard​ ​to​ ​match his​ ​energy​ ​but​ ​that​ ​ends​ ​up​ ​being​ ​his​ ​greatest​ ​weakness.​ ​He​ ​doesn't​ ​really​ ​think​ ​when​ ​fighting and​ ​that​ ​usually​ ​leaves​ ​him​ ​open​ ​to​ ​fighters​ ​who​ ​can​ ​keep​ ​calm​ ​under​ ​his​ ​onslaught.

WEAPON

Name:​ ​Sweet​ ​Meats

Primary​ ​Form:​ ​Two​ ​24-inch​ ​(yes​ ​I​ ​know​ ​this​ ​is​ ​ridiculously​ ​big)​ ​meat​ ​cleavers

History:​ ​Knives​ ​had​ ​these​ ​made​ ​when​ ​the​ ​band​ ​decided​ ​to​ ​enter​ ​Beacon.​ ​He​ ​had spent​ ​the​ ​beginnings​ ​of​ ​his​ ​life​ ​using​ ​cleavers,​ ​so​ ​it​ ​seemed​ ​appropriate.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 02:02:46 AM by FGLM001 »
Kushii Utsu-"Look, I'm the best, and there is no doubt about it."-Team MRKD

Brooke Baker-"Hope is the one thing we should never lose."-Team CBLT

Justin LaPook-"Whatever, man, just leave me the fuck alone."

Flooberoid

• Personal Text
    Who, memu?
    • View Profile
Re: Justin LaPook
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2016, 09:44:02 AM »
The color you picked for this guy is pretty hard to read on this board. I suppose the workaround for that is to highlight it, but...
1st Year Beacon Students: ShowHide
Hagane Inaba- Can melt steel beams. Leader of team HTDG
Mint Fresch- A chipper gale.
Persimmon Burhan- A douche.
Carnation Prescott- Get it, CAREa? Sorry.
Lissa Lime- Beacon's spinning top
Jacob Stillwater- Nailed it

Literally everyone else: ShowHide
Patchouli Breschi- First year at Shade. Don't let her penetrate you.
Diamante Solar- Third Year at Beacon. Feel the Light of the Holy Noodle!
Dannum Sohrab- Professor of practical combat skills at Shade. Or at least that's his excuse to blow things up.
Crystal Evermore- Aura professor at Beacon Academy.

Now introducing my AMCA, complete with apathy!

jjb2158

• Personal Text
    The Destroyer of Dreams & Expectations
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 04:36:19 PM »
Flooberoid - Just as an FYI: I appreciate your input here, but in regards to the Character Creation board, please leave any reviews or opinions to the mods/minions who do the review. If you have any input then you're welcome to PM the person to let them know.

I only have one thing to say in regards to his History: You have down that he was able to get into Beacon with minimal effort. However, there is nowhere in his history that even shows that he went to school or learned the combat skills to pass the Beacon Enrollment Exam. That being said, you're going to need to add something in his history to show how he was able to pass the exam and was able to enter Beacon.

Aside from that, as Flooberoid pointed out, black font is a bit difficult to read, but not impossible. So, it's up to you if you want to keep it or not.
First Year Beacon Student: Rackley Winchester - The Hawkeye Sniper currently Teamless

Second Year Beacon Student: Jett Davenport - The Playful Shadow Knight of Team MLDC (Melodic)

Third Year Beacon Student: Suntalia Lyn Ryker - The Voice of Thunder currently Teamless

Fourth Year Beacon Student: Savas Carnelian - The Quiet Berserker Leader of Team SARK (Stark)

Beacon Professor: Oberon Falcov - The Man With A Plan / Team Strategy Teacher of Beacon

Flooberoid

• Personal Text
    Who, memu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 05:04:08 PM »
In this particular case, I honestly thought I was still looking at the WiP boards. I will keep that in mind though, sorry.
1st Year Beacon Students: ShowHide
Hagane Inaba- Can melt steel beams. Leader of team HTDG
Mint Fresch- A chipper gale.
Persimmon Burhan- A douche.
Carnation Prescott- Get it, CAREa? Sorry.
Lissa Lime- Beacon's spinning top
Jacob Stillwater- Nailed it

Literally everyone else: ShowHide
Patchouli Breschi- First year at Shade. Don't let her penetrate you.
Diamante Solar- Third Year at Beacon. Feel the Light of the Holy Noodle!
Dannum Sohrab- Professor of practical combat skills at Shade. Or at least that's his excuse to blow things up.
Crystal Evermore- Aura professor at Beacon Academy.

Now introducing my AMCA, complete with apathy!

FGLM001

• Personal Text
    Gravity, thou art a heartless bitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2016, 02:03:47 AM »
That was supposed to imply that he was surprisingly bright. Reworded it, how's that?
Kushii Utsu-"Look, I'm the best, and there is no doubt about it."-Team MRKD

Brooke Baker-"Hope is the one thing we should never lose."-Team CBLT

Justin LaPook-"Whatever, man, just leave me the fuck alone."

jjb2158

• Personal Text
    The Destroyer of Dreams & Expectations
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2016, 10:17:39 AM »
Implying things never work as well as people think. What you're thinking won't be the same as what others think, you know?

Anyways, everything looks good to me now so....

+1
First Year Beacon Student: Rackley Winchester - The Hawkeye Sniper currently Teamless

Second Year Beacon Student: Jett Davenport - The Playful Shadow Knight of Team MLDC (Melodic)

Third Year Beacon Student: Suntalia Lyn Ryker - The Voice of Thunder currently Teamless

Fourth Year Beacon Student: Savas Carnelian - The Quiet Berserker Leader of Team SARK (Stark)

Beacon Professor: Oberon Falcov - The Man With A Plan / Team Strategy Teacher of Beacon

FunkyMonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2016, 07:08:17 PM »
Approved