Author Topic: It Takes a Village (AKA 'A pretentious prick arrives at Beacon) (OPEN)  (Read 15627 times)

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    (´・ω・`) | I feel down the stairs and ravioli on me
    • View Profile
An airship flew over the city of Vale, a purple crown logo painted on its side. The airship was the size of those which brought students to Beacon at the start of each year, but this one was slightly different. Different in the fact that it was privately owned, and, rather than carrying a large group of eager now hunters and huntresses, it carried but a single one. Well, him plus his entourage.

There were people there to make sure he looked impeccable, people to carry his belongings, people to operate the vehicle, people to act as his personal guards. Not that he needed any of it, or anything. The whole thing was merely formality that a person of his high class had to deal with. Nothing more.

The vehicle docked gracefully next to the courtyard, people glancing at it with confusion. The rest of the students had arrived earlier, after all. They were even more confused when the doors opened and a stream of obvious adults poured out, carrying and pulling all kinds of luggage. Ammunition, clothes, dust, spare parts, various cosmetics and books. And, out after all of them came the "man" himself.

Reginald fucking Royale.

He was dressed in his usual regal garb, cape flowing behind him as he strutted down the ramp, a young woman quickly stepping out from the airship and taking hold of the end of the cape to keep it from dragging on the ground. Reggie raised his hand towards her to indicate that there was no need, then turned to the workers carrying his bags.

"Chop, chop, people! I don't pay you to lazy about and waste my time! Get the bags to wherever my dorm shall be and get back immediately so father doesn't need to wait on the ship!" He called out to them in a commanding tone, clearly not bothered by any potential onlookers. For all he cared, they were unimportant. He was important. They were peasants.

He nodded to the woman behind him, and began to move through the courtyard, head held high and exerting confidence with every motion like the pompous prick he was. There's a new king in town, Beacon. And you better be ready.
Razzmatazz Gele - 2nd Year warrior of happiness of Team ____. "Oh, I also like ____! Let's be friends!"

Janna Tarmac - 1st Year tank lady of Team DGTL. "Our job is to protect the innocent, and that's what I do."

Reginald Royale - 1st year snotty brat of team RBLS. "I'm telling father about this!"

Rufus Chocla - 2nd year freestyle rapper of team APRC. "Rap comes from the Soul, don't mess with the Flow, if you can't take no more, don't wait for Encore!"

Anza Burgundy - 1st Year archer of team CRSA. "War eagle, feller!"

Silica Methiviola - Assistant to the Royale Family/Reginald. "Suck my metaphorical dick, nerd."

Coconut Cream - 1st Year pervert of team CASA. "B-before we fight could you just like... nyah once for me?"

Tiber Rostrum - 1st year Bea(k)on student. "*Unintelligible, birdlike gibberish*"

My good ole AMA

Asterisk

• View Profile
Re: It Takes a Village (AKA 'A pretentious prick arrives at Beacon) (OPEN)
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 03:15:43 PM »
Ophelia sat on a bench typing her novella on her laptop. Stella sat on her right, programming on her scroll. As Reginald arrived, they glanced up for a second, recognizing the symbol on the airship and the noisy boy before returning back to what they were doing.

Stella then gave Ophelia a wink before stepping on the edge of Reginald's cape just as he walked past, still typing on her scroll.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 03:21:04 PM by Asterisk »

Ever Professional

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 04:29:07 PM »
Seeing the cape on the newcomer, Ash got a dry look on his face and muttered "Well, it seems like somebody lacks a sense of style."
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 09:07:15 AM by Ever Professional »
Ash Feuer- First Year Student of Beacon of Team MARS - "Do you honestly believe that is an intelligent idea?  Oh Atlas, you're serious."

Ebony Dunstan- First Year Student of Haven- "Come on everybody,  let's do something fun!"

Leycil

• Personal Text
    Crew said? Croo said? Crew shade? Crow sahde?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2016, 06:05:28 PM »
Galileo saw Reginald, the moment that he did, Reginald is going to be in loads of pain. Well annoyance type pain.
He stood back for a bit, waiting to see what happens to Reginald after Stella stepped on his cape.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 05:37:16 AM by Leycil »
Colton Joule - Fist of Lightning

Leycil Redlee - The Data Sniper

Lucillé Leyes - The Bladed Dancer

Orion Noon - High Noon Trickshot

Galileo Mephis - Randomness at its finest

Worldbuild: Flake Homestead: ShowHide

Thx to Asterisk's for the amazing banner

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2016, 09:41:26 AM »
Those who stand in my way will soon regret the day they crossed paths with- OH FU-[/i] Reggie couldn't even finish his thought, the smirk being wiped off his face as his cape was suddenly pulled back. The guy tried to continue his strut, and soon found himself getting close and personal with the ground.  Rubbing his face and muttering curses under his breath, Reginald stood up and turned around sharply, pointing accusingly at the pair sitting on the bench. Though his fall was much less than graceful, he could still muster up a pretty good menacing glare.

"You! How dare you do such a thing to humiliate me? Do you have even the slightest clue who I am!?" Reggie shouted at them, no clue who had actually done it. He raised his hand to his guards, who had just left the ship and running towards him upon seeing him fall. No, he had to establish dominance himself. That's what a man would do! No it isn't.
Razzmatazz Gele - 2nd Year warrior of happiness of Team ____. "Oh, I also like ____! Let's be friends!"

Janna Tarmac - 1st Year tank lady of Team DGTL. "Our job is to protect the innocent, and that's what I do."

Reginald Royale - 1st year snotty brat of team RBLS. "I'm telling father about this!"

Rufus Chocla - 2nd year freestyle rapper of team APRC. "Rap comes from the Soul, don't mess with the Flow, if you can't take no more, don't wait for Encore!"

Silica Methiviola - Assistant to the Royale Family/Reginald. "Suck my metaphorical dick, nerd."

Coconut Cream - 1st Year pervert of team CASA. "B-before we fight could you just like... nyah once for me?"

Tiber Rostrum - 1st year Bea(k)on student. "*Unintelligible, birdlike gibberish*"

My good ole AMA

Ever Professional

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2016, 02:29:50 PM »
Ash slowly begins clapping his hands at Reginald's fall.  "Magnificent entrance. Really."
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 09:07:35 AM by Ever Professional »
Ash Feuer- First Year Student of Beacon of Team MARS - "Do you honestly believe that is an intelligent idea?  Oh Atlas, you're serious."

Ebony Dunstan- First Year Student of Haven- "Come on everybody,  let's do something fun!"

Martian

• Been Around

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2016, 02:51:40 AM »
Marshal had just arrived at Beacon and was wandering around the courtyard when he saw the spectacle unfolding in front of him. Some guy wearing a cape had apparently fallen on his face and was yelling at some people nearby. Suddenly wishing he had some popcorn, Marshal decided to stick around and see how things would play out.
Marshal Oranzova- 1st Year Beacon Student, Leader of Team MARS - "Man, this is totally gonna cut into my nap."
Robin Teale- 1st Year Beacon Student, Team TRTA - "That's the most dangerous thing I've ever heard. Let's do it."

Asterisk

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2016, 03:02:13 AM »
Stella and Ophelia looked at each other for a moment. They knew each other well enough that they didn't even need to exchange words. Stella pointed at Ophelia with her thumb although it was herself that had stepped on Reginald's cape. "Abigail did it."

Ophelia, wearing a white t-shirt, black skirt, and a light grey knit knee-length cardigan gave a smile as she met Reggie's eyes directly. "Tip of advice? Don't go into combat here at Beacon with the cape on. As we all just saw."
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 03:16:48 AM by Asterisk »

Leycil

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2016, 05:39:44 AM »
Galileo walked in, like he came from Reginald's ship wearing one of the guard's unifroms(he knocked one out) and came to Reginald's side. He gave a wink at Stella and Ophelia to show he was faking it before helping Reginald up.

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2016, 09:45:13 AM »
Reggie shoo'd his 'guard' away, not breaking eye contact. His look was, to put it simply, 'upsetti'.

"This cape is a sign or royalty! A symbol of status and power! And I'll have you know, getting behind me in combat is not that easy!" He proclaimed, raising his head even higher as he spoke. Somehow, just saying all of that made him think he had 'won the argument'. What a tosser.

My good ole AMA

Ever Professional

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2016, 12:01:18 PM »
Ash approaches and raises an eyebrow. "A symbol you just tripped over; that doesn't sound very powerful to me."

Martian

• Been Around

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2016, 03:19:38 PM »
Marshal sighed as he approached. "Come on, man," he groaned to this strangely-dressed guy. "I'm sure it was an accident. Why don't you just let it go before you make a fool of yourself? It's kind of a bad move to make enemies on the first day, right?"
Marshal Oranzova- 1st Year Beacon Student, Leader of Team MARS - "Man, this is totally gonna cut into my nap."
Robin Teale- 1st Year Beacon Student, Team TRTA - "That's the most dangerous thing I've ever heard. Let's do it."

Uncouth T-Rex

• Personal Text
    Unofficial Forum Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2016, 05:27:23 AM »
Jack Pettibone blinked right up next to them, all smiles and blistering radiance, his hands lazily shoved in his pockets. His blue eyes flashed mischievously as his cargo shorts and checkered blue shirt, unbuttoned of course, flapped from his sudden movement.

"No, a cape is a sign of being a massive wad, and a huge sign that screams "PULL ME, I LIKE BLUNT FORCE TRAUMA TO THE THROAT!" he quipped, his teeth sparkling in the sun.
Seek Justice, Love Mercy, and walk humbly with your God.

Character List:
Spoiler: ShowHide
Marlon Murk-Leader of Team MRKD (Marked) "The power of the night, the press of the storm, The post of the foe; Where he stands, the Arch Fear in a visible form, Yet the strong man must go..."-Prospice, Robert Browning

Cheri Chanson-Team AFMC (Afirmacion) “The people who were trying to make this world worse are not taking the day off. Why should I?” -Bob Marley

Jack Pettibone-Leader of Team JCRA (Jackrabbit) "In my body, where the shame gland should be, there is a second awesome gland. True story."-Barney Stinson

Cherry Chainsaw "Wake up, I'm a bullet loosed Into the heart of a wretched age, I breathe just to beat and bruise, an evolution of the burnin' rage!"-Miracle of Sound, Hell to Pay

Professor Siobhan Clannad-Personal Finance and Home Economics Professor at Beacon Academy "We can do no great things, only small things with great love."-Unknown, often attributed to Saint Teresa of Calcutta

Professor Feltch Hatterly Criminal and International Law Professor at Beacon Academy "Art, like morality, consists of drawing the line somewhere."-G.K. Chesterton

Professor Scarlet Vandal Weapons Engineering and Design Professor at Beacon Academy "Perfection has one grave defect: It is apt to be dull."-W. Somerset Maugham

Character AMA here, Personal AMA here, Character/Plot Timeline here, Descent into Madness here

If you ever need writing advice, be it for a post, a plot, or a character, don't hesitate to ask, I'm happy to help! PM me if you need someone to DM Grimm or NPCs, or need my Professors in your threads, though my ability to help with that depends on my free time!

Leycil

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2016, 05:59:35 AM »
Galileo took out a lighter he found in the guard's pockets and lit it before throwing it down on the cape before dashing off to hide.l

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2016, 06:29:33 AM »
Shiroe was patiently watching as events unfolded from a bench while reading a small leather bound book. Unfortunately, Reginald, or Reggie as he first knew him as, was strutting around as always making rounds as if he owned the place. Sigh. If only he learned that one's wealth wasn't what defined a person, especially since those who found him rather...unsettling, were mostly part of the middle class. How he knew Reggie was another matter, mostly cuz he knew his dad. The Pendragons were rather active in keeping up appearances so it wasn't a surprise that he got to know people, even if by name and appearance only.

Poor Reggie, though he is a bit...crude. Shiroe thought, watching as another kid, who somehow got one of his guard's uniforms, tried setting his cape on fire. It was a bit funny at first when someone tripped him but he couldn't just stand and watch while his cape slowly started to catch fire. That was just plain arson. Not wanting to step in Shiroe tapped his finger on a nearby stone, using a pinch of water dust mixture, and tossed the stone at his cape. Soon after the rune activated it sprayed a small torrent of water almost like a fountain, quite pretty if he did say so himself, and quickly killed the fire at the expense of the boy's clothes. Well, a little water never did harm anyone. Not as much as fire anyways.

Going back to his book Shiroe flipped to the next page, reading the passage in his mind and conveniently enough it was a prose quoting a torrent of water saving a city from conflagration. Maybe he got the idea from the book unconsciously.  Sigh.
Students
Wisteria Lockheart - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Don't make me throw a book at you"
Shiroe Pendragon - 1st Year Student at beacon - "This is my monochrome reality" - Team MARS
Lavender du Lac - 1st Year Student at Haven -  "The harder I try the further things drift away."
Ayaka Miyamoto - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Tsubame Gaeshi!" - Team ALIA
Vermilion Desdemona - 3rd Year Student at Beacon - "Only time you'd be above me is when your head rests on my pike"
Talen de L'eglantine - 3rd Year Student at Beacon
Kei Almas - 4th Year Student at Beacon - "Everything is ripe for the taking!"
Aurum LeBlanc - 3rd Year Student at Atlas - "Lay back, take it easy, and watch the comedy unfold"

Professors
Professor William Nox - "To contain the world in a grain of dust