Author Topic: AMA (Ask Me Anything)/Meet the author  (Read 2037 times)

Viventium Umbra

• Personal Text
    Quoth the raven, "Nevermore"
    • View Profile
AMA (Ask Me Anything)/Meet the author
« on: September 13, 2016, 01:19:01 AM »
In line with the new "thing" that Uncouth T-Rex started, I'm making a thread where you can get past the characters I make and get to know me. That said, I'm still very protective of my privacy, so I won't be sharing any personal information.

You find yourself falling through the folds of reality as the world shifts and changes into a blur, and then blackness. You land flat on your back and stand up to find that you are touching carpet, though you cannot see it. You stand up to find that you can't see anything but a thin layer of mist over what is presumably the floor. Everything is shrouded in impenetrable shadow, but directly ahead you find the darkness lifting back. It reveals a desk, or rather, the general shape of a desk (still shrouded in shadows like everything else), and a figure sitting behind the desk. He is wearing a black cloak, and presumably black clothes beneath that, with a hood that completely shrouds the facial area from sight.

"Welcome to my domain. I am Viventium Umbra, the living shadow. I act as my creator's avatar for interactions with others throughout the internet. For all intensive purposes, he and I are the same person, so I am not the same as the other characters we created for this forum," the figure says. "You may call me Viv for short."

I am here because a friend discovered this forum and introduced me to it. We had both been fans of RWBY, and had our own ideas for weapons, semblances, and characters that the creators could, but likely wouldn't, include in the series. I mostly use this forum as a literary playground; a place to create fleshed-out people who are inevitably based on my own traits and mind (Enz, for example, is a fictional embodiment of my logic, and Azrail is my introversion). In a sense, these characters are extensions of me, but at the same time they each have a distinct past and personality that makes them unique. I actually do a considerable amount of writing outside of this forum if I have the time, and what I've got so far is available to view here if anyone's interested.

So there, you've got some basic information about me, but that's hardly all. Go ahead, ask away, I'll answer to the best of my ability.
My Characters: ShowHide

Azrail Duivel Kind (Deceased) 3rd year lightning reaper -  teamless [spoiler]Reaper's Spear I summon thee
To smite my foes and enemies.
Lightning's wrath in darkness grasped
Delivers swift eternity.

-Azrail Duivel Kind

Drevin Srebra 1st year speed demon - #347C2C - teamless

Brond Osilgrin - #B22222 - fully fledged hunter/walking bonfire

Rix "Deadshot" Maradis (currently unapproved) 1st year coder/sniper - #157DEC & Tess #79BAEC - teamless

Project t17: restrained - glow #D41A1F color #121212 - the chupacabra of Vale

Zitham Degas - #E31230 - "At the end of the day, as long as there are two people left on the planet, someone is gonna want someone dead."
[/spoiler]

AMCA (ask my characters anything)

AMA (ask me anything)

My Weird Pseudo-Plot

Spoiler: ShowHide

Asterisk

• View Profile
Re: AMA (Ask Me Anything)/Meet the author
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 06:17:12 PM »
20 facts about yourself, GO!

Viventium Umbra

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 04:23:03 PM »
1. I am a Christian (Not a specific sect, but leaning heavily on the Protestant side of things.)
2. I love to read fiction.
3. I love to write fiction.
4. The Viventium Umbra character was actually a product of my outrage over various injustices in fictional works and real life. He was supposed to be the ultimate righter of wrongs, but then I realized the character was too powerful to be fun anymore and retired him from standard role playing. Over time he became my online identity, and thus, my username here.
5. I once went on another role-playing forum and entered every thread I could trying to kill other PCs. Needless to say, everyone kept abandoning the thread before their characters could die.
6. My favorite movie is either Life is Beautiful or The Way
7. My favorite types of music are electronic, rock, and alternative rock.
8. I like to play other role-playing games such as D&D and Pathfinder with my friends IRL.
9. My favorite color is plaid.
10. My favorite number is 3.
11. I base almost all of my characters off of some aspect of myself.
12. My favorite show is a three-way tie between Avatar: The Last Airbender, Konosuba, and the Monogatari series.
13. I'm a fan of anime.
14. I play soccer.
15. I'm a bit OCD.
16. I have been officially diagnosed with ADD.
17. My favorite video games are Infamous 2, Brawlhalla, and Dota 2.
18. I actively try to stay away from extremism and often find that the right answer lies somewhere in the middle.
19. If I could have any superpower, it would be the power to not need sleep, while still retaining the ability to sleep if I wanted to.
20. My favorite books include To Kill a Mockingbird, The Things They Carried, The Lord of the Rings trilogy, Stephen King's IT, The Catcher in the Rye, and the Harry Potter series.

Azrail Duivel Kind (Deceased) 3rd year lightning reaper -  teamless [spoiler]Reaper's Spear I summon thee
Delivers swift eternity.

-Azrail Duivel Kind

Rix "Deadshot" Maradis (currently unapproved) 1st year coder/sniper - #157DEC & Tess #79BAEC - teamless

Zitham Degas - #E31230 - "At the end of the day, as long as there are two people left on the planet, someone is gonna want someone dead."
[/spoiler]

AMA (ask me anything)

My Weird Pseudo-Plot

Asterisk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2016, 04:46:50 PM »
Number 5 made my morning XD Tempted to try that now. Not on here, of course.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 04:52:01 PM by Asterisk »

Viventium Umbra

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2016, 11:06:23 PM »
It was an interesting experiment because the site worked so that each thread was its own world, and that world was controlled by the person who made the thread. There were signup threads so that people could control who participated, but they all seemed very blind to clearly OP things. I mean, I made a psychopathic kid who could change, replace, add, and remove memories from people in real time! I made a monster that had a hive-mind of sentient cells which could transform into anything organic and infect other cells! I made a demon older than the earth which could change shape, become intangible at will, and extinguish any source of light with its very presence! None of those were denied! I don't think any of my characters were denied! But whenever I put someone in a position where they couldn't escape death, they'd just not reply.

Delivers swift eternity.

-Azrail Duivel Kind

[/spoiler]

AMA (ask me anything)

My Weird Pseudo-Plot

Timeworker

• Personal Text
    Natus es angelorum morientur gehennam ignis
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2016, 06:37:18 PM »
Hey that plot-line that you have going on with Enz. Where is that going exactly because now that I'm piecing everything together I'm having a small "o-shit" moment. Also Xavier (once he gets approved...again) might want to have a little chat with him.
Griz Blancard 1st Year Student at Beacon"I need a nap"
Dorothy Burgundy 3rd Year Shade, Elite Scavenger "Treasure is everywhere, you just need to know where to look!"
Xavier Cendres2nd year Beacon "Everything can be solved with a wrench, screwdriver, and a whole lot of time"

Viventium Umbra

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2016, 07:23:13 PM »
Well it's kind of a surprise, so I'd rather not tell, despite how much I really want to. Let's just say that Xavier only has a small window of opportunity before he will be unable to speak with Enz Wraith the faunus.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 08:12:26 PM by Viventium Umbra »

Delivers swift eternity.

-Azrail Duivel Kind

[/spoiler]

AMA (ask me anything)

My Weird Pseudo-Plot