Author Topic: Immigration Blues (Open)  (Read 16649 times)

OmegaX123

• View Profile
Re: Immigration Blues (Open)
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2017, 12:08:12 AM »
Martin listened intently, the corners of his mouth turning down when Lix's descriptions got vague but returning to full-upward position quickly upon hearing some of the interesting features. "Pogo stick, huh?" He grinned. "Pretty cool stuff. And that glove... I mean if it wasn't for the fact that it sounds like it kinda relies on your semblance to really do much, I'd say I wanna have a closer look, 'cause that sounds pretty impressive. Never seen a weapon, or semblance for that matter, that actually harnesses dust in its crystal form. With an ability like that, plus the whole castle life thing, I guess it kinda makes sense why you looked so overwhelmed in the dust shop."
Martin Roja - 1st2nd-year student nosey-pants (see "Chasing Shadows" for details) of ShadeBeacon Academy (see "Under the Vacuan Stars" and "Immigration Blues" for details)

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2017, 02:24:18 AM »
Ah the old Freudian slip, poor kid is probably feeling a bit overwhelmed as well. Thought Saffron as she phased out during Martin's two rounds of fanboying but was quickly brought back into focus at the mention of semblances. 'You don't have to go into details Lix if you don't want to, in fact it would probably be safer if you didn't. I'm sure neither Martin or I mean you any harm but it is still a bad habit to get into talking about your semblance to basically strangers.' Saffron warned protectively as she sat back down and picked up the guitar.

Strumming a few cords Saffron turned to Lix and asked'How about you tell us about what you want to do with the powder you brought, it's true they tend to be more explosive but crystals have their benefits to.'. Saffron's mind whizzed trying to remember all the dust lessons she had had on the subject in Atlas in case there was any questions.

'I'm always up for a fight though Martin but we should probably have it another day, we don't want to bore Lix with our boorish ways' Saffron grinned, smiling wider at her simplistic play on words. Or maybe I am being over protective, she is a huntress-in-training and maybe some adrenaline might help with her nerves. Saffron thought as she studied the little girl once more.
No criticism is too harsh so hit me with your best shot.

Calen Shrike - ASTC - First Year Beacon.

Saffron de Cortez - SALT - Third Year Atlas.

Amarant Lovis - (formerly of)ACCE - Headmaster of Atlas Academy

Ramalia - RASB - First Year Shade

Lixsayla

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    There is more than is what!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2017, 06:04:08 AM »
Lix looks down at the lack of enthusiasm from the two, but she guessed she deserved it for her poor performance. Lix looked up again when Saffron took interest in her semblance. And she sounded rather protective about it. Lix rubbed the back of her neck and gave an awkward laugh. Lix puts her glove back on and went on to answer Saffron's inquiries.

"Um well one is for my shield, the impact hammer still needs dust and um I hope they don't mind..." Lix lifted her shield up before leveling it slightly off the ground. Flicking a switch and a loud pound came from Lix's shield's impact hammer giving the dirt a large puncture before placing her shield down and using the hole as a stand for her shield. "Another is a theory of mine that is based around my semblance, which was only a recent discovery and d-don't worry ma'am... I trust you both, you were nice enough to showcase your weapons anyway and mine lacked... flare. Anyway um so I can use dust crystals, and dust powder is just grounded up dust so they could be less... explosive. Well that's my theory, the ability to utilize dust so I would not need to always to rely on dust crystals for my abilities. After all um... Dust crystals are explosives themselves in their natural state. My semblance kind off... turns them into ticking grenades after using them once a duration is up... Incutio fires them away from me and warns me when said time is up." Lix then jumps at the idea of a fight. It would be interesting. Lix then shakes her head in response to Saffron's want to do it next time. Clearing her throat, Lix never thought she would do this but she was boring enough with her presentation so the idea might lessen the tension.

"I, um... Princess Lix Reinhardt of the Reinhardt castle... Wishes to see your battle... yeah... j-just so it..." A big red blush went over Lix's face before she hid behind her shield in embarrassment.
Lix Reinhardt - The Shield Mage

AMA - if you wanna know stuff.

OmegaX123

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2017, 11:22:46 AM »
How can this girl be so ridiculously adorable? Martin thought to himself, wearing a goofy grin. "Well then, if Her Highness requests it, then so be it," he said with mock formality - even throwing in a little bow. "A quick match before I go to Beacon to check in shouldn't hurt. That is, if Saffron's up for it."
Martin Roja - 1st2nd-year student nosey-pants (see "Chasing Shadows" for details) of ShadeBeacon Academy (see "Under the Vacuan Stars" and "Immigration Blues" for details)

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2017, 09:02:12 PM »
'Born ready Martin, do you wear any armour? If not we can get started here and now, we have the space.' Saffron answered reaching again into her pod for a series of thick metal plates which she placed evenly around her uniform. When the last one was placed they quickly entwined to construct Saffron's plate armour.

'There is nothing wrong with simplicity Lix, it's what you can do with them which matters. Thank you though for trusting us. It sounds like a fascinating semblance, one I would like to see in action after this. Saffron continued as she mulled over the 'princess' title. Heiress's she had seen a lot of, too many, but this was her first princess.

Maybe it's just a ceremonial thing, like the General's Own units. Didn't Vale lose it's king at the end of the Great War? Saffron pondered as she drew her hatchets and started bouncing on the balls of her feet, ready to lunge forward at a moment's notice.

Lixsayla

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2017, 04:04:22 AM »
Lix took up her shield and shifted it back to its box like form before taking at seat back at the bench, bring her shawl over her face in embarrassment of what she said, and what the two were teasing and interest in her abilities.

OmegaX123

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2017, 05:11:25 PM »
"Ready whenever you are," Martin said with a confident grin, drawing his sword. He smiled in Liz's direction before turning towards Saffron. "Just say the word."

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2017, 12:27:51 AM »
'Remember I have a year on you so don't let your pride get you injured before the first day of school. My CO wouldn't let me hear the end of it.' Saffron warned as she backed away and gave Martin some space before the fight starts.

'OK then, let's see what you have got, little man.' Saffron remarked as she turned back to face her opponent. About fifteen meters away Saffron shifted both of her hatchets in her hands into their boomerang forms and threw them at Martin. She then dashed forward, already with the second pair in hand ready to let loose a volley of hatchet strikes.

Saffron's Battle Data
2x4% Boomerang throws

Lixsayla

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2017, 11:20:49 AM »
Lix watched, her eyes trained in their movements. Lix took her scroll out and tapped a few commands. If there was anything different about Lix's scroll, it was modded with several combat based commands and apps meant for analysis and more. Lix took a picture of Martin and Saffron before watching the scroll process it. From there it gave accurate data of their aura gauges. Lix then smiled, now she has two new game characters to use for her scroll action 2d fighting game. Lix continued to be quiet and observant, wondering what Martin's next plan of action will be.

OmegaX123

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2017, 07:59:32 AM »
(Sorry for the delay, been at a friend's place for the weekend+ for his birthday)

Martin sidestepped one boomerang, only to step right into the path of the other. He raised his sword to block, but not fast enough. The weapon makes contact, and he steps back from the impact.

(Aura at 96%)

"I've fought people more experienced than that," he smirked. 'Course I didn't win then, but I'm not telling her that,
plus maybe the implication I'm tougher than I look might shake her a bit.
He pushed the button on his weapon, spinning it like he showed in the earlier demonstration, and once the transformation was complete he used it like a pole vault, flinging himself into the air towards Saffron with his feet outstretched.
(Polearm-propelled flying double kick - 5% aura damage)

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2017, 04:24:57 PM »
Saffron caught the kick on the flat of her hatchets. Bending her knees and otherwise compacting her body to get under Martin and push up to flip him. If successful, Saffron would plant her food in the middle of second year's exposed back and try to stomp him into the ground. Regardless of the outcome Saffron immediately understood Martin's superior reach means that she needed to remain close to her opponent if she was going to do damage. Already mostly forgotten the boomerang which missed continued it's return journey along the same basic line it left. Kid's got spunk, it's been a while since another student attacked me head on, let's see if he has a brain inside all that heart. Saffron grinned as the fight unfolded. Regardless this is going to be fun.

Saffron's Battle Data
5% Stomp
4% Boomerang

Aura: 96%(Some damage of the kick negated by block)

Lixsayla

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2017, 06:53:45 PM »
Lix sat at the edge of her seat, the fiery fight getting hee excited to see more action from the two. The girl shrinks back to the back of her seat and check the gauges. Still both at above 90% in their auras. Her attention shifted back to the fight, seeing how the teo will progress.

OmegaX123

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2017, 11:18:27 PM »
Martin embedded the point of his polearm into the ground, using the strength of his arms and upper body to keep himself vaguely airborne after Saffron's first move. As such, he managed to avoid the stomp, but left himself very open for -

Impact! The boomeraxe hit home, striking his lower (left) arm, causing him to release his dominant (also left) hand and lose his balance. Thinking quick, he used the momentum to try to turn the misstep into an attack of opportunity, bringing his foot down in an axe kick aimed for the top of Saffron's head. He follows through, once his feet are planted on the ground, by shifting his weapon to sword mode, and slamming a fire Dust cartridge into the hilt. Immediately the blade glowed red and leapt into flames, as he (semi)gracefully brought his body around on one heel, swinging the sword across Saffron's midesction. "Guess I forgot to mention that part," he said, with honest apology in his voice. "Honest mistake, wasn't trying to hold anything back. I meant it when I said I like my opponents to know what to expect."

(EDITED TO ADD:
Aura: 92%
Axe Kick: 3% depletion
Blazing Sword: 5% depletion)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 11:20:16 PM by OmegaX123 »

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2017, 01:01:25 AM »
Boy's got his core strength down, that's for sure. Saffron thought as she stepped in closer, avoiding the axe kick and raising up a hatchet for another strike. Plans of course all changed when Martin's weapon was engulfed in flames, a moment's hesitation was all that was required to put Saffron on the defensive against Martin's new weapon. Grinning at her opponent's apology to show there was no bad feelings Saffron got back to the difficult task of blocking a sword with an axe. Interlocking her axes Saffron managed to catch the sword in the haft's of her axes, her aura preventing it from cutting through. Sliding her left hatchet down the blade to try to hook around the cross-guard for a disarm attempt. This was augmented by Saffron spinning around and kicking Martin in the chest helping her push back Martins sword away from him.

Saffron's Battle Data
Kick 3%

Aura: 91%(Most of the fire sword attack was avoided but still takes damage from her fingers getting burnt.)

OmegaX123

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2017, 01:30:24 AM »
Well - this was unexpected. The axes found purchase around the guard of the sword, and Martin felt the grip sliding out of his hands. At the last possible second, he pressed the button to begin the polearm transformation again, which would, if his opponent didn't catch on, do one of two things: either the guard retracting would pull the axes out of her hands (or just enough to give him a moment to collect himself and consider options, or so he hoped), or would cause the axes to lose their grip and send Saffron stumbling backwards. In doing so, though the extending hilt/haft allowed him to (just barely) keep his grip on his weapon, the accompanying kick from his opponent caught him off guard, and sent him sprawling to the ground. To Martin's dismay, the fire Dust clip chose that moment to eject (as the polearm form had no Dust function, and the clip was spent besides), and dropped on his forehead. Well, that'll leave a mark come tomorrow, he thought, as if the rest of this fight wasn't going to do that already... Haven't been this on my toes since Vytal. He told his opponent as much (or at least the last sentence). "You're giving me a run for my Lien, Saffron. Atlas must have some good teachers." He grinned broadly, and dropped to his hands and knees, assuming a runner's start pose before lunging head-on at Saffron full-bore.

(Aura: 88%[the clip hurt a bit :P]
Lunge: If you've read Martin's bio, the fact that I haven't put a % depletion here should be the clue as to what I'm planning, but I'll be messaging Kingnoname1 to clarify a bit, since the result depends on Saffron's perceptiveness)

(EDIT: I sent the message I mentioned in the last bit, but I don't know if it didn't go through, or if the site has stopped tracking 'Sent Items' for some reason, or if I'm just being stupid and not clicking something to have a copy saved to my outbox or something...)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 01:36:26 AM by OmegaX123 »