Author Topic: Huntsman 1v1 bracket- Round 1: Janus Rogo vs. Budonoki Sophos  (Read 692 times)

Skylia

  • Been Around

  • Offline
  • **

  • 97
  • Karma:
    +8/-0
  • Personal Text
    Disgusting.
    • View Profile

Despite the fact that this was the Vytal festival tournament, one of the most anticipated world events, there was a general feeling of unease in the air. While there was definitely still cheering, conversation, and laughter, there was noticeably less than the previous rounds. There was also a very apparent difference in crowd size, with some sections missing almost entire rows. Maybe it was due to the dark gray clouds overhead, or maybe it was because of who was participating in this round. As it came time for the round to begin the loudspeaker clicked on and the refined, silvery voice of Prim would return once again. Although this time, there was a slight hint of sadness in her voice as if she were reminiscing on something negative from her past. ”Good afternoon to everyone attending this 1v1 match of the Huntsman bracket. Before we properly get started, my employers are requiring me to say a few preliminary words. Many of you may not be aware, but the combatant named Janus Rogo has previously been tried in our courts for the unrightful murder of refugees. Although he may have been charged as not guilty, he has gone under our radar for years now. We find it somewhat concerning for him to emerge again in this way...so we’ll be placing our knights at all entrances and exits as a simple precaution. We aren’t planning anything, but only wish for the overall safety of combatants and spectators. Now that that’s out of the way, how about you introduce us to the combatants in this round, Hunter?”

It was uncomfortable to hear Hunter’s usually lively voice take on a serious tone. ”Janus Rogo. A criminal that suffered from a stroke of bad luck, who really should’ve stayed off the radar.” Hunter’s line sounded more personal than what most would expect. ”As for his opponent, we have Budonoki Sophos, a Beacon Professor-” Clatters of a chair falling over gets picked up by the arena’s sound system as Hunter’s tone went from serious to disbelieving. ”Excuse me. A professor is participating?” Hunter’s voice seem to become a bit more whiny. ”How come he gets to participate and I get stuck behind the desk? It’s fun and all with Prim here, but I want to fight too!”

Although she was somewhat concerned that Hunter was more focused on the professor than the criminal, Prim would have to give into Hunter’s shitty memes so he wouldn’t freak out and break something important. ”Well Hunter, I’m sure that if a criminal and a professor can get a match, I’m sure the two beloved announcers can as well. Speaking of matches, however, let’s see how the environment spinner feels about this match!” Sending the signal to start the spinner, Prim would also send another motion towards the camera.

A large holographic image of a lottery machine appears on all sides of the arena, with two spinners. The spinners spun so quickly, making it nearly impossible to make out the passing words. It ticked through the options slower and slower until it finally stopped on Mountain and Lava. As the spinner did its job, Atlesian Knights would move into place at each entrance/exit with 2 at each. A technician would also take his place in the announcer’s booth with Prim and Hunter.

The floor of the arena lowered and, in its place, arose two new floors. On Budonoki’s side, a large rocky crag rose from the ground with small cliffs to allow for easier climbing. Small trees line the crag and a thin layer of grass covers any ground that isn’t rocky. On Janus’ side a mostly intact floor of cracked cooled off lava, with lava pools littered around would appear. However, the truly unique feature of this map would be the large volcano that formed in the center of the arena. Spewing a constant stream of lava, even the craggy side of the arena won’t be safe with a plethora of burning trees and grass. So this arena will definitely prove hazardous for even the two seasoned Huntsmen in this match!

As the spinner finished its job and faded away, the doors on each side of the arena opened to signify the start of the match.

(A coin flip has decided that Janus will get the first post. The arena size is identical to that of the 1v1 arena in the show, however, it features scaled down biomes to fit the size. Good luck, and may the best combatant win.)
Lucina Archaletta - The Haughty Hipster - 1st Year Beacon Student on Team ALIA

Vanilla Stella-Maris - The Indomitable Idol - Special Operations Combat Idol  - WiP

Dr. Gustave

  • Administrator
  • Full Member

  • Offline
  • *****
  • The Nice Admin

  • 877
  • Karma:
    +226/-219
  • Personal Text
    Forgive me for what I must yabba dabba do
    • View Profile
Re: Huntsman 1v1 bracket- Round 1: Janus Rogo vs. Budonoki Sophos
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2018, 10:41:14 AM »
(OOC: A first post has not been made for 3 days, Janus has lost first post priority, Budo now has first post)
Atlas: ShowHide
Mercenary: Kol Augur ~ The Judicator of Atlas
Speaking: #5C5054 Thinking: #EAC117
Mistral: ShowHide
Huntress-in-Training: Aca Roth ~ Member of Team RWND
Speaking: #E05260 Thinking: #EA857F
Huntress-in-Training: Brook Pallas ~ Member of Team CNBR
Speaking: #4863A0 Thinking: #98AFC7
White Fang Captain: Cornix ~ Survivor of Mistral and Captain in Vale
Speaking: #D0DAE0 Thinking: #BCC6CC
Council Member: Phaedo Katsaros ~ Figurehead for Faunus/Human relations
Speaking: #667C26 Thinking: #B6CC76
Vacuo: ShowHide
40th Vytal Tournament Champion: Zabar Aga ~ Member of Team DAWN
Speaking: #CD7F32 Thinking: #EE9A4D
Vale: ShowHide
Huntress: Malina Nahualli ~ Leader of Team MCCA
Speaking: #B3346C Thinking: #8B0C44
Beacon Professor: Titania Printemps ~ Assistant Headmistress of Beacon Academy
Speaking: #4AA02C Thinking: #E55B3C

Riven

  • Full Member

  • Offline
  • ***

  • 395
  • Karma:
    +88/-0
  • Personal Text
    The Shattered Sword
    • View Profile
Re: Huntsman 1v1 bracket- Round 1: Janus Rogo vs. Budonoki Sophos
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 07:35:35 AM »
Atlas. The cold northern kingdom was a place Budonoki had only visited very infrequently, and then only when his work had required. No doubt many would assume that to be reticence -- Atlas, after all, had a bad reputation when it came to anti-faunus bias, but the truth was far more mundane, yet simultaneously personal. This place of ice and snow, of bare rock and freezing waters, had so little native to its shores that could be called "greenery" that it may as well be completely devoid. Venturing this far north, he always felt like he was leaving a piece of himself behind... it was disquieting, something that stripped away the regular ease with which he could find his center and render his soul calm. Everything was just simply more difficult for him here... and it was about to get worse.

Even before the doors opened and revealed the stage, the old lynx felt them. Heard them. The cries of agony as branch and shoot were subjected to the flame rang in his mind with an awful anguish, a stabbing pain that left him short of breath the moment he perceived it. He'd braced himself against the wall of the waiting area, taking steadying breaths, drawing on every tool of mental focus and resolve that he had ever acquired. Bad enough to be deprived of nature's embrace, but to then afterwards have it handed back to him in torment? That was nearly crippling. The fight hadn't even yet begun, and already it felt as though someone had given him a swift kick in the gut.

The sound of the doors opening drew him back to the present moment. Deep breaths... deep breaths... A jolt of Atlesian cold air -- cold for someone like him, at least -- flowed down the hallway and further awoke him to his regular senses. He let it flow through his lungs, then willed one foot in front of the other. He could cope. He had to. There was no committing to this only to back out.

He couldn't let the entire world know his biggest weakness, after all...

Stepping out into the arena, Budonoki presented as the very image of a cultured Mistrali faunus-sage. He had traded in his standard combat gi for one that was somewhat showier, a single-sleeve variant with silver accents tracing the edges of an elaborate medley of green leaves and vines on a muted brown backdrop. He carried his metal combat staff in one hand, a simple length of corded rope securing his other staff to his back. The wide-brimmed conical straw hat he'd chosen, accented with the design of two long, winding jade dragons intertwining, sufficed to conceal the hints of pain in his expression as his gaze traveled to the burning trees. He would have a word later with the tournament organizers about showing proper respect for nature...

As his steps carried him towards center stage he caught sight of his opponent. He knew the man by reputation, of course, to say nothing of the fear and hostility that radiated from the crowd, the attendant knights, and even the announcers. To them he must seem like a Beowolf released from its cage, a thing to be despised and ultimately put down... he sighed wearily, thinking back to his own days of strife. Nothing is ever cut and dry in the midst of war. It is easy to afterwards sit in judgement with all the facts cleanly and neatly arrayed, but to be there in the heat of the moment is another matter entirely. To be seen as a monster for one's deeds... perhaps, to even see one's self that way, was not something to which the surgeon sage was unfamiliar. The slightest twist of fate, and he could all too easily have ended up in Janus Rogo's shoes.

Coming to a stop at the edge of the mountain terrain, with the bellowing volcano looming off to one side, the old faunus waited for his opponent to draw near before speaking. "These people have already judged you, Janus Rogo. I have not. I hold no ill will towards you," He extended one hand, a gesture of goodwill. "And hope that our fight will be as between equals."
[ PLOT REQUESTS are AVAILABLE! 2 Slots Open! ]
[ RP BANNERS ~ Feel free to request via post or PM ]



STUDENTS

Beacon Student: Rory Vogel, "The Scarlet Shield" ~ 1st Year, Team VCVS

Shade Student: Sean Acacia, "Grenadier" ~ 1st Year



OTHERS

Beacon Teacher / Experimental Botanist: Dr. Budonoki Sophos, Medical & Wilderness Specialist

Baker / Retired Huntsman: Alec Chadwick, owner of 'Fabled Goods' bakery

Pirate / Freelancer: Captain Cordell of the Red Corsair ~ Available For Hire!

Mercenary / Infiltrator: Micah Sere AKA "Prowler" ~ Danger, Avoid If Possible

Mercenary / Infiltrator: Maria Sanguine AKA "Bloody Mary" ~ Underworld operative, "The Lady of a Thousand Faces"

Janus Rogo

  • Global Moderator
  • Been Around

  • Offline
  • ****
  • Senior Staff

  • 73
  • Karma:
    +15/-4
  • Personal Text
    Corporal Moneybags to you
    • View Profile
Re: Huntsman 1v1 bracket- Round 1: Janus Rogo vs. Budonoki Sophos
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2018, 09:26:46 PM »
Janus Rogo. The Jet Knight. Specialist-par-excellence.

The Butcher of Tenang Bay.

Of course that'd be the one that would stick with him for the rest of his life. He pinched the bridge of his nose as the announcements went on, mind wandering to distant shores, screams, and sorrows. Dozens of years of service, of protecting Atlas, of protecting Remnant, and here was all that could be said about him. A criminal.

How dare they!, the thought came unbidden, more a voice whispering in his ears. His Aura pulsed and a wave of pressure radiated off him, spreading down the hall. What do they know? He could feel the weight of the Tyrant behind him. He could smell the ash in the winter air. He could- He could fill the whole world wi-

"Enooouuugh!", he growled. His attention centered. The world seemed to rush back in on him. Deep breaths... Deep... Breaths....

Home. The scents of a smokey winter rushed in to greet him. He could sense the eerie silence beyond the doors, his presence might've been a bad idea, in hindsight, but it was too late to pull out now. All he had to do was win. Hell, he didn't even need the win, he just needed to not kill a bunch of people, again. Be polite. Be professional. Have a plan to- *~CLUNK~*

The doors swung open. Rogo, the Butcher, stepped forward. The man was clad in his old tactical battle rattle, once stark white, now worn down to slate gray. Aesthetics were gone, but, despite the pockmarks and furrows, the effectiveness was not. The helm under his arm was polished to a dull bronze dome. The straps and underarmor were essentially molded to him, as long as he'd been wearing the gear, and felt like little more than more skin. He scanned the Knights immediately. There was no way the Military, or just about anyone, really, would try and pull something here. Too much attention on the world stage. Too much Specialized attention. The arena's terrain spinner had somewhat favored him, too. His opponent's side was rife with elevation shifts and cover, while his own had some gnarly surface hazards in the lava. An idea flickered across his mind when he saw the volcano, one that'd come in handy if his foe had the right style of combat. Speak of the devil... A scrawny... monk? Janus didn't recognize him, but he was certainly a sight.

And a Faunus. Again with this, great.

At least this one seemed polite.

Rogo's boots left the ground. The rush of air scattered the smoke and ash around him as he slowly rose towards the cliff. He hovered just out of reach of Budonoki for a moment, staring him down. He could feel the Tyrant hanging on his back. The old, heavy battle rifle seemed to shiver with excitement. All he had to do was pivot forward, spin the rifle around. He'd catch the old man off guard, put the bayonet through him! Push the attack, rush him, AGGRESS!

Janus Rogo drifted slightly forward and clasped Budonoki's arm in his.

"A good sentiment, sir. Best of luck here.", he said over the roar of the volcano, before releasing his grip and floating back down to his entry point. He landed, donning the helmet, and unslinging the Tyrant. The mercenary raised a fist in salute of his opponent, took a deep breath, and prepared for the war.

Riven

  • Full Member

  • Offline
  • ***

  • 395
  • Karma:
    +88/-0
  • Personal Text
    The Shattered Sword
    • View Profile
Re: Huntsman 1v1 bracket- Round 1: Janus Rogo vs. Budonoki Sophos
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2018, 04:42:53 PM »
Doing his best to subdue the chorus of anguish echoing in his thoughts, Budonoki took that moment close to Janus to take full stock of his opponent. The wear and tear on the equipment told a story, as did the man's eyes -- he could only speculate on specifics, of course, but the essence of "The Jet Knight" was clear enough to him. The old faunus had seen much of war and even more of warriors... and something told him that he was not the only one currently in pain. Oh, he took stock of other details as well -- the battle rifle on his back, for one thing, and the fact he could apparently fly for another -- but Budonoki cared more to know the man than the arsenal. They were, after all, about to be "dance partners".

Handshake concluded, Janus withdrew to his starting point. Budo followed suit; though he couldn't fly the old man could certainly jump, and since Janus had courteously disclosed his own mobility it would be poor form not to do the same. Springing into a back flip, he covered almost half the distance in one go and then traversed the rest with a medley mix of smaller flips, cartwheels, and windmill kicks. Between the crisp Atlas air and the brief warm-up, the surgeon-sage was starting to feel at least somewhat ready for what lay ahead.

Yet, he knew this would not be easily fought. Janus almost certainly outclassed him in raw physical strength; the Jet Knight held an overwhelming advantage at long range as well, and the ability to go airborne could wrong-foot a martial artist like himself with terrible ease. All of this played through the faunus' mind as he took up a fighting stance, knees bent with one foot barely even touching the ground and metal staff held lightly in one hand. This was his obvious preparation -- less obvious, and likely to be overlooked by both Janus and the audience, was that during the earlier acrobatics the wooden staff strapped to his back had undergone a slight change. In places the bark had split open and greened, the first hints of bud-like growths peeking through the gaps.

The old faunus took a deep, steadying breath, letting it out as a chilly plume of haze. It was time to begin.


FIGHT ~ IT ~ OUT!
Blood and Stone [Ivan Torrent Remix]
by Audiomachine


In an instantly, every muscle fiber in Budonoki's body came alive with purpose and intensity -- taking off like a shot, he raced towards Janus in a seemingly random zig-zag pattern. War had taught him much, and one thing about guns in particular: even if you are fast, even if you have literally the reflexes of a cat on your side, and even with senses far sharper and more honed than any human's, it was a fool's errand to dodge bullets. It could be done, certainly, but half of that was down to simple luck and intuition. Far better, truly, to not wait for the bullet; dodge the shooter's aim, present no easy target, be proactive instead of reactive. And, of course, mind your surroundings. There was no telling how thick the rock layer was on Janus' half of the arena, and if the lava pools were any indication there was fresh magma waiting just beneath. Thus, if Janus let him make it as far as the halfway mark uninterrupted Budonoki would abruptly veer towards the center -- towards the volcano. He had ideas of his own for using the massive fissure, should the right opportunity present itself.



Action Tracker:
▫ [ACTION: High speed evasive charge.]
▫ [PASSIVE EFFECT: Verdant Sense ~ Nature Aflame] Due to ongoing fire damage to plants in the arena, Budonoki's focus is diminished. So long as this continues, he takes +2% Aura damage from any attack that connects.
▫ [The Vine has shifted from Primary to Secondary form.] This will generate fruit once every two turns (zero currently available; two turns until next fruit).
▫ [Aura Status: ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ (100%)]
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 12:46:12 PM by Riven »
[ PLOT REQUESTS are AVAILABLE! 2 Slots Open! ]
[ RP BANNERS ~ Feel free to request via post or PM ]



STUDENTS

Beacon Student: Rory Vogel, "The Scarlet Shield" ~ 1st Year, Team VCVS

Shade Student: Sean Acacia, "Grenadier" ~ 1st Year



OTHERS

Beacon Teacher / Experimental Botanist: Dr. Budonoki Sophos, Medical & Wilderness Specialist

Baker / Retired Huntsman: Alec Chadwick, owner of 'Fabled Goods' bakery

Pirate / Freelancer: Captain Cordell of the Red Corsair ~ Available For Hire!

Mercenary / Infiltrator: Micah Sere AKA "Prowler" ~ Danger, Avoid If Possible

Mercenary / Infiltrator: Maria Sanguine AKA "Bloody Mary" ~ Underworld operative, "The Lady of a Thousand Faces"

arcus_gray

  • Full Member

  • Offline
  • ***

  • 545
  • Karma:
    +34/-6
  • Personal Text
    There's no accounting for dumbass
    • View Profile
Re: Huntsman 1v1 bracket- Round 1: Janus Rogo vs. Budonoki Sophos
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2018, 07:41:05 AM »
Sitting somewhere in the mishmash of people in the crowd sat a seemingly mild mannered man with long dark hair and piercing red eyes that betrayed his attempt at seeming calm. from behind his glasses Ceramite's eyes were locked squarely on Janus with an almost predatory focus.The butcher of Tenang Bay. A monster who had been let off for his crimes due to Atlas' damnable courts. He was staring at a man that personified everything he despised about Atlas and couldn't wait for his opportunity to tear the bastard apart. Before that however he would have to wait and so he watched. Demonstrating all the patience he could muster.
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

Janus Rogo

  • Global Moderator
  • Been Around

  • Offline
  • ****
  • Senior Staff

  • 73
  • Karma:
    +15/-4
  • Personal Text
    Corporal Moneybags to you
    • View Profile
Re: Huntsman 1v1 bracket- Round 1: Janus Rogo vs. Budonoki Sophos
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2018, 09:41:44 PM »
Janus watched, bemusedly behind his helmet at the series of acrobatic flips the older Faunus performed in a flamboyant return to his starting point. Impressive. Indicative of a fair amount of physical training. His flips let him get a better look at his equipment, too, which looked to be... Some kind of a stick? A tree branch? Hard to say, although, knowing how Hunters tended to equip themselves in a manner that aligned with their Semblances, their Styles, or their Tastes, it was a safe assumption that this guy would engage him with something related to nature.

Suddenly, almost as if a bomb went off, the arena seemed to change. An electricity seemed to spread through the air, as Budonoki shot towards him. Towards the volcanic hellscape he was standing on, with the pits of lava all around him.

A wise man once said "Never interrupt your enemy when they're making a mistake."

But that doesn't mean you can't make the mistake worse.

Janus braced, then rocketed sideways, his rifle fluidly snapping into his shoulder as he skated just above the ground. He didn't even bother to look down the sights, relying instead on the natural feel of the rifle, of the decades of practice with it, as he sent a series of hammered pairs at his opponent, merely to distract, maybe get lucky on a hit. The mercenary came to a sudden, sharp stop, with a blast of air scattering ash, leaving a pit of lava between him and the apparently melee oriented Professor.


Action Tracker:
▫ [ACTION: Aggressive Repositioning.]
  ▫[DAMAGE: 2% per round. 6 rounds total. 12% possible, 4% likely.
▫ [PASSIVE EFFECT: Thrust ~ Jet Skate] Janus' use of his semblance to avoid contact with the ground increases his speed while keeping him out of range of the Lava.
▫ [The Tyrant is in its primary, Battle Rifle form.]
▫ [Ammo Status: ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇(90%)
▫ [Aura Status: ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ (100%)]

Riven

  • Full Member

  • Offline
  • ***

  • 395
  • Karma:
    +88/-0
  • Personal Text
    The Shattered Sword
    • View Profile
Re: Huntsman 1v1 bracket- Round 1: Janus Rogo vs. Budonoki Sophos
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2018, 10:08:10 AM »
DAMAGE RECEIVED: 4% [base damage 1 shot plus 2% due to 'Nature Aflame']


So far, things were much as expected. In turning to veer towards the volcano Budonoki had come under fire from Janus' weapon; the old faunus had avoided making himself an easy target, but a veteran soldier and mercenary would, of course, be long used to firing at moving targets. One of the rounds clipped the surgeon's shoulder, a glancing blow that nonetheless took a small chunk of Aura out with it. Janus had won himself "first blood".

A small price to pay for the advantage about to be gained.

Reaching the base of the volcano, he deftly scaled his way up by leaping from one foothold to another, avoiding the active lava streaming down its slope as he wove his way to Janus' side of the fiery mountain. It looked practically suicidal, scrambling about on the single biggest hazard of the field... but there was a purpose. Finding firm footing on a narrow ledge of cooled rock, Budonoki judged that he had reached the correct point: halfway up the slope, facing Janus' half of the arena. There was no time to rack his brain to see if half-forgotten knowledge of geology would justify what he was about to attempt -- if he stayed in one spot for too long, Janus would pick him off.

Metal staff tucked under his arm, Budo's hands glowed with a faint green light as he delivered a twin palm-strike directly into the rock face of the volcano. He drove a pulse from his Aura as deep into the stone as he could, causing a ripple of dust and small stones to be kicked up on either side of him. Immediately he could feel the rumble of the volcano change -- whether it did what he'd hoped remained to be seen.

Turning to spot Janus, Budonoki took his metal staff in hand once more and determined to close the distance. By now the Jet Knight would most certainly be wondering what he was up to; he couldn't give his opponent time to put the pieces together, not if he were to change the momentum of this fight. A series of evasive leaps and dashes down the volcanic rock face saw the distance between them narrow; this time Budo wasn't veering off, but going at Janus head-on. His Aura could weather a few more shots, if need be, to get him close enough for a counter-attack. The mercenary had wisely positioned himself with a lava pit between them to maintain distance -- a good strategy, but as Budonoki gripped his weapon with both hands, pointed it lance-like at Janus, and triggered it to extend, the limits of that approach would become apparent. In two seconds' time the staff could bridge that gap; even just a glancing blow would create enough of an opening for Budo to leap across and face Janus directly.

Meanwhile, on the slopes of the arena's artificial volcano, cracks in the stone began to weep tears of liquid flame...



Action Tracker:
▫ [ACTION: Structural integrity of volcano compromised on Janus' side.]
▫ [ACTION: Mid-range strike from fully extended Combat Staff.]
▫ [PASSIVE EFFECT: Verdant Sense ~ Nature Aflame] Due to ongoing fire damage to plants in the arena, Budonoki's focus is diminished. So long as this continues, he takes +2% Aura damage from any attack that connects.
▫ [PASSIVE EFFECT: Aura Techniques ~ After Effect] After using an Aura-based attack or defense technique, Budonoki takes 2x Aura damage from any attack in the opponents'next post which connects.
▫ [Aura Status: ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ (96%)]
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 10:28:35 AM by Riven »
[ PLOT REQUESTS are AVAILABLE! 2 Slots Open! ]
[ RP BANNERS ~ Feel free to request via post or PM ]



STUDENTS

Beacon Student: Rory Vogel, "The Scarlet Shield" ~ 1st Year, Team VCVS

Shade Student: Sean Acacia, "Grenadier" ~ 1st Year



OTHERS

Beacon Teacher / Experimental Botanist: Dr. Budonoki Sophos, Medical & Wilderness Specialist

Baker / Retired Huntsman: Alec Chadwick, owner of 'Fabled Goods' bakery

Pirate / Freelancer: Captain Cordell of the Red Corsair ~ Available For Hire!

Mercenary / Infiltrator: Micah Sere AKA "Prowler" ~ Danger, Avoid If Possible

Mercenary / Infiltrator: Maria Sanguine AKA "Bloody Mary" ~ Underworld operative, "The Lady of a Thousand Faces"

Janus Rogo

  • Global Moderator
  • Been Around

  • Offline
  • ****
  • Senior Staff

  • 73
  • Karma:
    +15/-4
  • Personal Text
    Corporal Moneybags to you
    • View Profile
Re: Huntsman 1v1 bracket- Round 1: Janus Rogo vs. Budonoki Sophos
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2018, 06:47:32 PM »
The noodly bastard stole my idea. Janus thought to himself. He'd tracked his movements across the arena, floating across the ground, ensuring Budonoki stayed opposite the lava from him. Seeing the man scamper up and crack the side of the Volcano was irritating, to say nothing else. He'd planned to crack it open, in a pinch, but Budo had beaten him to the punch, so to speak.

Then he decided to continue making the same mistake. Hey, if they're gonna give you the chance....

Janus planted his feet. He saw the staff coming. He took his front hand off the rifle, stepped sideways, focused, and with the free hand, he directed an intensely powerful jet of air into the pit of lava before him. There was enough force to peel the first few feet up and spray it across the arena. Right at Budo. If they're not gonna fall into your trap, bring the trap to them.

Action Tracker:
▫ [ACTION: Vectored Thrust.]
  ▫[DAMAGE: 2% per round. 5 rounds total. 10% possible, 4% likely.
  ▫[DAMAGE: 20% Lava Spray
▫ [PASSIVE EFFECT: None
▫ [Ammo Status: ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇(80%)
▫ [The Tyrant is in it's primary, Battle Rifle form.
▫ [Aura Status: ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇(100%)]

Riven

  • Full Member

  • Offline
  • ***

  • 395
  • Karma:
    +88/-0
  • Personal Text
    The Shattered Sword
    • View Profile
Re: Huntsman 1v1 bracket- Round 1: Janus Rogo vs. Budonoki Sophos
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2018, 12:36:09 PM »
DAMAGE RECEIVED: 42% [base damage 20% plus 2x due to 'After Effects' and 'Nature Aflame']

By the time Budonoki realized what Janus was up to it was already too late to make a successful evasion. The lava forced upwards by the stream of thrust sprayed everywhere in his general area, red-hot blobs that ranged in size from mere pebbles to watermellons flying at him, and in large numbers. There was simply no dodging everything, nor was he at his best. Janus had struck at an opportune moment and caught Budo off-guard; were it not for his Aura, the old faunus would've been a dead man for certain.

Reeling backwards as one particularly fierce part of the spray hit him, it was all that the surgeon-sage could do to haphazardly leap away. Nor did he land well -- losing so much Aura all at once was not without its consequences, and it left him winded, gasping, and unable to focus. As he hit the ground and tumbled the mental anguish he'd been suppressing hit full force. For a very long moment he merely lay there on the volcanic ground...

It was the thunderous crack of rock giving way that kept the professor from becoming engulfed by his inner world of screaming nature. Where he'd struck the volcano was now a wound bleeding molten liquid in spurts and gushes through a large, jagged crack, and over the next several moments it rapidly grew in scale and intensity. Pressure and heat from inside the magma chamber was trying to get out -- the hole, small at first, was widening... and as it progressed other cracks in the structure began to appear. Scrambling to his feet, the old faunus sensed that he didn't have much time; adrenaline and desperation would help to keep his focus now, at least until he was safely back on his side of the arena.

He collapsed his metal staff and turned his gaze towards Janus. "I recommend you join me on the other side!" There was no resentment to the fierce blow that the Jet Knight had struck; despite looking a bit roughed up from the tumble Budonoki's outward affect was calm. As the lava flowing down from the breach became a fast-moving river and the conical rise started to collapse on one side it became abundantly clear that Janus' side of the arena was soon to be awash in lava; having seen enough, and rather tiring of the acrid stench of brimstone, Budonoki snatched up his fallen hat and took off at a swift pace for the greener face of the battlefield.


Action Tracker:
▫ [ACTION: Volcanic collapse flooding Janus' side with lava.]
▫ [ACTION: Budonoki withdrawing.]
▫ [PASSIVE EFFECT: Verdant Sense ~ Nature Aflame] Due to ongoing fire damage to plants in the arena, Budonoki's focus is diminished. So long as this continues, he takes +2% Aura damage from any attack that connects.
▫ [Aura Status: ▇▇▇▇▇ |||| (54%)]
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 08:19:27 AM by Riven »
[ PLOT REQUESTS are AVAILABLE! 2 Slots Open! ]
[ RP BANNERS ~ Feel free to request via post or PM ]



STUDENTS

Beacon Student: Rory Vogel, "The Scarlet Shield" ~ 1st Year, Team VCVS

Shade Student: Sean Acacia, "Grenadier" ~ 1st Year



OTHERS

Beacon Teacher / Experimental Botanist: Dr. Budonoki Sophos, Medical & Wilderness Specialist

Baker / Retired Huntsman: Alec Chadwick, owner of 'Fabled Goods' bakery

Pirate / Freelancer: Captain Cordell of the Red Corsair ~ Available For Hire!

Mercenary / Infiltrator: Micah Sere AKA "Prowler" ~ Danger, Avoid If Possible

Mercenary / Infiltrator: Maria Sanguine AKA "Bloody Mary" ~ Underworld operative, "The Lady of a Thousand Faces"

Janus Rogo

  • Global Moderator
  • Been Around

  • Offline
  • ****
  • Senior Staff

  • 73
  • Karma:
    +15/-4
  • Personal Text
    Corporal Moneybags to you
    • View Profile
Re: Huntsman 1v1 bracket- Round 1: Janus Rogo vs. Budonoki Sophos
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2018, 11:43:52 AM »
Injuries are a natural way of violence. Whether given or received, in any real fight, it helps to remember that not just one person will be hurt. There’s always more pain and hate to dispense. It’s why armies came up with triage, it’s why ER centers exist, it’s why the Grimm are so… Well… That’s not here, not in Janus’ mind. None of this floats to the surface, it just sets the current of his actions. His natural flow, if one would think of it that way. There’s an acceptance of direction, of events, of outcome in there somewhere. He knows that he’ll be injured, if this is a real fight. He knows his foe is near-enough to an equal. He knows what he sees. The man retreats, attempting to draw him in. The maneuver is a valid one, given the terrestrial upheaval.
It’s also revealing. There’s almost beckoning hint of desperation in the move. The Old Man, the Professor, is attempting to set the environment of the fight. He wants to fight in the mountainous terrain. His ranged abilities are clearly severely limited, if not nonexistent, going off his lack of retaliation. The mountainous terrain lends some advantage to his opponent, in terms of cover, but…
The impassive bronzed helmet betrays no sign of reaction. He simply... moves. The Jet Knight continues to live up to his name, rapidly closing the distance, as though some furious red artillery shell. For a moment, he blends in with the volcanic detritus, velocity and trajectory notwithstanding. There’s a series of sharp cracks as the mercenary shoulders through the obstructing sections of heated stone. The mercenary’s aura soaks much of the damage, but as he slams into the side of the far mountain, momentum arrested, it’s clear he allowed some of the effects through. Charred impacts mar his armor, but they’re largely superficial. A weighed trade-off, sacrificing his own health for speed, and positioning. The man snaps around, rifle up, and opens fire. A thundering hail of rifle rounds spray at the Professor, capped off by one of the heavier 20mm rounds as well.

Action Tracker:
▫ [ACTION: Vectored Thrust.]
  ▫[DAMAGE: 2% per round. 20 rounds total. 40% possible, 8% likely.
  ▫[DAMAGE: 10% [color=#]Underslung Cannon[/color]. Explosive. 10% for Direct.
▫ [PASSIVE EFFECT: None
▫ [Ammo Status: ▇▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇(50%)
▫ [The Tyrant is in it's primary, Battle Rifle form.
▫ [Aura Status: ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ (94%)]