Author Topic: [Mistral] Summer Shopping (PM for invite)  (Read 48 times)

Inexhaustive

• View Profile
[Mistral] Summer Shopping (PM for invite)
« on: June 12, 2018, 08:17:40 PM »
The WeXpo is an underground event held annually at the residence of Sheikh Faheem al-Yousuf in the Kingdom of Mistral where a number of individual grey-market weapons manufacturers showed off their latest creations hoping to sell them to various clients ranging from White Fang insurgents and private militaries to trusted Huntsmen and collectors. As some of these factions were enemies to each other, there was a strict code to WeXpo in that all-out-war was not allowed. While some people did occasionally ‘demonstrate’ a seller’s wares on others (to the seller’s delight at drawing the attention of prospective buyers), organized attacks would be faced with the Sheikh’s own security measures.

Having been invited for being Iris’s agent last year in helping the Sheikh cure his son of a rare disease, Amane was currently attending the event. Having spent all day browsing through the smorgasbord of weaponry ranging from small-but-deadly laser pens to armored vehicles, Amane was currently at one of the booths in the garden area, sipping an earl grey vodka martini and inspecting a portable anti-material sniper turret while listening to the merchant going over the details.

“This auto-rotating base here can connect to your scroll, allowing for remote control of the turret. Included in the fire-control system is a laser range-finder here, infrared camera right here, and various wind-reading devices so that you simply need to designate the target and it’ll perform the proper calculations for you. It can also be set to automatically fire at targets that enter its three kilometer radius, with filters for either Grimm, personnel, or both.”

“That’s useful. And how does it fare against hacking?”

“Its security has been thoroughly tested by our experts with many added layers of protection.”

Amane gives an approving nod.

“Would you like to give it a go?” The seller asks, handing a scroll to Amane and gesturing with his hand at a few targets across a kilometer long field.

Taking it, Amane looks at the scroll and taps the Activate button. The turret emits a whirring sound and comes to life with a click as the large semi-automatic rifle raised its barrel towards the targets. Tapping on one, it locks on and fires a shot with a loud bang, putting a hole through the center. Amane gives another approving nod and highlights a group of targets as the turret locks on and takes out each one in quick succession. Handing the scroll back, she said, “I’ll take it. You prefer cash or crypto?”

“Whichever you prefer.”

“Alright, transferring now.” She pulls out her non-transparent scroll and taps a few things while looking at the price tag before putting it back in her pocket.

The merchant checks his scroll to verify and then says, “Thank you for your business ma’am.” He shakes hands with Amane and packs the weapon up.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 10:12:55 PM by Inexhaustive »
Explorer / Beacon First Year / Entry Fragger of Team CASA: Amane Petrichor - "Win your battles before they're fought."

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
Re: [Mistral] Summer Shopping (PM for invite)
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 09:00:06 PM »
When Amane had extended the invite to travel to Mistral of all places for a weapons expo, Prism had practically jumped at the opportunity. Worldwide travel, especially on someone else's dime? It was practically heaven for the hummingbird, who'd been wanting to see the world beyond Vale for years now. She's dressed casually, the regular halter top and a pair of jeans, the familiar steel box hitched around her waist, and the wings on her back carefully concealed under an oversized jean jacket. Unlike Amane, the hummingbird isn't opting towards an alcoholic drink - simply clutching the can of an energy drink, watching the transaction between her and the vendor carefully.

As Amane packs up her weapon, Prism casts her eyes out to the surrounding crowd as she speaks. "...so, why're we buying a sniper turret? I'm pretty fond of my role on the team y'know, and as far as I know there's no bad blood between us, so I'm hoping that isn't my mechanical replacement."
Prism Skylark - Beacon First Year, Winged Sharpshooter and Leader of Team CASA (Casanova) #ffffff

Albrecht Clodwal - Nice-Guy White Knight and Beacon First Year

Azre and Erza Sundown- Fallen Stars and Shade First Years, Team RASB Member and Leader (respectively) #fe2d00, #feab00

Jima Purpora - Beacon Third Year, Grimm-Obsessed Scholar and member of Team PLSM (Plasma) #6e3aa8

Inexhaustive

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 03:53:34 PM »
Finishing her drink and setting it on a nearby collection tray then taking the hard case containing the weapon by the handle, Amane gives Prism's shoulder a gentle squeeze with her other hand. "You're fine." No matter how precise and quick the computer was, Prism is irreplaceable. Looking around, Amane says, "You see anything you want?"
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 04:19:03 PM by Inexhaustive »
Explorer / Beacon First Year / Entry Fragger of Team CASA: Amane Petrichor - "Win your battles before they're fought."

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 05:52:01 PM »
Prism offers Amane a smile in response to the squeeze, patting her teammate's hand. Hearing the question, she tilts her head in consideration as she thinks, perking up as she remembers something. "Oh! Just some interesting-looking 7.62 x 51 mm dust-tipped ammo awhile back, by the looks of things it was some strains I'm not familiar with. I'm not sure I'll be able to afford it, though maybe I could fire a round or two if the guy doesn't mind. You're able to demonstrate weapons at these things pretty liberally, right?" She looks over her shoulder at Amane for confirmation.
Prism Skylark - Beacon First Year, Winged Sharpshooter and Leader of Team CASA (Casanova) #ffffff

Albrecht Clodwal - Nice-Guy White Knight and Beacon First Year

Azre and Erza Sundown- Fallen Stars and Shade First Years, Team RASB Member and Leader (respectively) #fe2d00, #feab00

Jima Purpora - Beacon Third Year, Grimm-Obsessed Scholar and member of Team PLSM (Plasma) #6e3aa8