RWBYFanon v4.2

RPG World of Remnant => The Vale Region => Beacon Academy => Topic started by: Flooberoid on September 22, 2016, 08:50:25 AM

Title: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Flooberoid on September 22, 2016, 08:50:25 AM
Hagane arrived early at Beacon Cliff for today's first-year initiation; so early, in fact, that he checked his scroll to verify he was even in the right place. From what he had gathered, today's mission would involve finding a random partner in the forest and securing an unknown artifact. Couldn't they be just a little more specific? Despite the vagueness of the main objective, Hagane knew full well there were unspoken objectives as well: Demonstrate outstanding combat prowess and make a good impression on your fellow students.

Even though nobody else had arrived yet, Hagane practiced his posture. Stand up straight, hands at your sides, face forward... All of this came off as stiff and forced, but Hagane tried to convince himself as other students started to arrive that he looked perfectly normal. Eventually, as he became surrounded by strangers of all shape and sizes, Hagane had to acknowledge he screwed up. The day of his arrival at Beacon should have been the day of first impressions- not today. Please just let the professor show up soon so I can get this over with...
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: nathan67003 on September 22, 2016, 08:52:42 AM
(Oh come on. At worst, copy-paste it. Don't forget about Uncouth GMing!)



Brock hadn't gotten up any earlier than usual. Yes, it was his initiation; no, it didn't mean he needed to wake up at six. After eating a light breakfast - still over three times as much as most students - , he had lumbered his way over to the initiation grounds, his stature granting him surprising speed. As he had planned, he arrived as his scroll switched form one hour to another. Right on time. Nailed it. He looked around and, mostly, below him, looking at the day's group. Apart from a man - which he assumed was a teacher - standing by the cliff's side and contoured by the morning's sunrise, nothing really stood out. For Beacon, that is.




Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: JupiterMoony on September 22, 2016, 09:02:09 AM
Drab was actually here, much earlier, though later than the teacher, before the break of dawn. Since initiation started later she jumped down the cliff and after landing safely, she started to climb the cliff face.

Just as Brock arrived, Drab was near the top, she could see the morning sun starting to rise, she climbed a bit faster as so to seem she is rising with the sun, kind of her thing really the sun motif. She then feels around the edge to find, a thick leg? She pulled herself up to see a giant man.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Flooberoid on September 22, 2016, 10:03:51 AM
((FIIIIIIINE. Message modified and Uncouth contacted.))
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Uncouth T-Rex on September 22, 2016, 06:20:48 PM
Siobhan bustled along, her little black flats slapping pitter-patter at the pavement of Beacon's walkways. She was in such a rush that her tail had slipped out from behind her pleated a-line skirt, flipping this way and that over its navy-blue backdrop. The ruffles up the front of her white blouse bounced with every step as she went, hoping to make up for lost time. The other faculty had been called away last minute for some sort of important dealings with Atlas patrols and Grimm, and so she'd had to cover for this particular initiation.

When she'd balked at the task, Alban had assured her that he'd arranged for a Hunter he knew to come and make sure the students stayed safe. She was there mainly to represent Beacon, this volunteer would monitor everything through remote control cameras and drones, the recordings of which would be passed along to the combat-capable staff for review.

Somehow, that meager assurance did little to calm her fears. She was to only have one aide who could actually fight? That hardly seemed wise...

Siegfried Rosenrot was already at the cliffside, watching the new students trickle in and wondering where Professor Clannad was. When Headmaster Inverno had given him a ring and asked him to assist the young lady, he was more than happy to oblige. He was more than a bit concerned that something had come up which required the attention of most of Beacon's ranking staff, but happy to oblige. While not his nephew Marlon's initiation, which he was eager to at least observe, this was a rare opportunity to be of service to his alma mater, and well worth attending. He was indeed pleased that the fine institution had been forced to have multiple initiations this year due to the large volume of successful applicants. A good sign, if there ever was one!

His face neutral, he cleaned his glasses and took stock of what this year had to offer. Clad in his usual cavalry boots and a burgundy regency suit, with Drachenbalger at his hip, he cut a dramatic and dignified figure in the light of the rising sun, ruffled silk shirt and all. He only hoped that he would not upstage Miss Clannad, she was a good woman, but a bit on the soft-spoken side, and this affair was not her forte. Seigried resolved to make certain that he followed her lead unless his direct intervention was called for, and he prayed it would not come to that.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Walter on September 23, 2016, 12:19:10 PM
Janna didn't have much of a choice when it came to sleeping in or being punctual. The time it took for her to fully put on all of her armor required for her to get up, the very latest, at 6AM. She had woken up at 5:30, but she had gone to sleep earlier last night, too, so she was well-rested enough.

In most situations, Janna would find herself to be one of the tallest, if not the tallest person in the room. It appeared this initiation was an exception, though, as she could spot several towering individuals among them. Well, she supposed that made sense. A good starting point for a hunter might be that they can wrestle a grimm to the ground and make them say uncle.

Janna didn't need to check her equipment. She knew she had everything she needed on her, as her weapons weren't designed to be reloaded on the field, and her shields, well. It'd be pretty obvious to her if she had forgotten the shields. With her armor and the two things by her sides, she looked a bit like a walking tank, rather than a person. Or, at the very least, an armored car of a person.

She looked towards the instructor in front of them, and waited for the initiation to begin. She was ready to prove herself in this school. She didn't expect it to be easy, but she knew she could handle herself. It'd be her job, after all.

((Yay for not needing to re-write stuff))
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Flooberoid on September 23, 2016, 12:47:28 PM
Hagane grew more comfortable as time went on. He made one final check of his steel and dust stocks to find them satisfactory. Sure, everyone here is... huge, but I'm sure they're decent people. Just then, he looked up to see that an absolute behemoth had taken the place next to him. Examining Brock, some of his discomfort began to rise again. He pondered the crater and the tremor that would accompany this man's landing in the forest. In front of the man, a woman he had failed to notice previously climbed up the edge of the cliff. Hagane decided against talking to the giant or the weirdo rock climber, and instead checked the time to find- much to his relief- that the initiation was to begin shortly.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: nathan67003 on September 23, 2016, 02:32:20 PM
Brock almost failed to register the slight pull on his leg. Looking down over his crossed arms, he saw a tall - compared to the average - , lean 'n mean lass was climbing over the cliff's edge, using his leg as a grip. Smiling, he said to her "Glad I could help."
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: JupiterMoony on September 23, 2016, 08:19:55 PM
"Well thank you," Drab smiled before putting her feet on the cliff, she gives the big guy a pat on the arm before noticing, everyone, compared to her, is really really, huge. Well except the teacher, he is about average."So... I'll be with these three big fellows, sweet!"
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Uncouth T-Rex on September 23, 2016, 11:27:21 PM
Siobhan scrambled out of the treeline just behind what she hoped weren't the final arrivals for the initiation. And after checking her scroll, she realized they would have to be, she was actually a few minutes late. Sighing, she collected herself, removed a few stray leaves and twigs from her blouse, and made her way to the cliffside. It took a little bit, since so many of the students lacked the good graces to let a lady through, and she was having trouble making her presence known over the general din of people talking nervously about the trial ahead. She could hardly blame them, the idea of fighting like this on your first day at school terrified her.

When she finally made it out of the cluster of students, she looked a little more disheveled than she had hoped to, but straightened herself and made her way to Mr. Rosenrot. She'd met him once or twice before, and he was polite and exceptionally well mannered. Didn't he have a nephew that was joining up this year? They greeted one another, and then she got down to business. Turning to face the crowd, she coughed to get their attention. No response. She called out, "Attention, please!" No one seemed to hear. Mr. Rosenrot looked slightly concerned, but maintained his silence.

A teensy bit annoyed, Siobhan reached into her bag. She'd hoped not to use this, but was now glad that she'd had the foresight to grab it on the way here.

"Attention, lads and lasses!" her tiny voice boomed out, bolstered by the megaphone. "I hope you're all doin' well this mornin'! My name is Miss Siobhan Clannad, an' I'm your Personal Finance an' Home Economics Professor here at Beacon! Now, we all know why we're here, so if ye'd be so kind as ta call off your names so Mr. Rosenrot here can count ye, that'd be grand!" There, that gave her a little more time to compose herself and actually read the instructions she'd been handed as everyone else had dashed out the door.

As the crowd began to respond, there was some initial confusion as people didn't bother taking turns and tried yelling louder than everyone else. A quick, curt, "One at a time, if ye don't mind!" from Siobhan fixed that.

Siegfried checked off each name on his scroll as it came up, quickly familiarizing himself with the software that was going to be his primary link to each student as they tromped about the Emerald Forest. It was a simple tool, and should prove easy to use once he enabled the projector feature on his scroll so that he had sufficient space to view more than one camera simultaneously. Some the names were familiar to him, he knew their older relatives who were already in the profession, and some he recognized from keeping tabs on rising talent across Remnant. It was good to keep abreast of whom you might be working with.

Once roll call was done, he gave a nod to Miss Clannad, and putting the megaphone to good use again, she cleared her throat. "Alright, it looks like that's everyone. Today is your Initiation. Behind me is the Emerald Forest, and it's chock full o' Grimm. If ye aren't careful, Mr. Rosenrot here is goin' ta be carryin' ye out like a sack o' potatoes, an' nobody here wants that, least of all me. Please do be careful! I don't want none o' ye gettin' hurt down there!"

"Now, the point o' the thing is this: on the other end o' the valley is an old ruin from days gone by. Ye all are ta get yourselves there, find yourselves an ancient knick-knack, and get yourselves safely back here with it. We'll be watchin' ye the whole time, takin' notes on what ye can do and how ye work with one another. Keep in mind, the first person ye run into is goin' ta be your partner for the next four years o' your life. After all's said and done, the Headmaster and the Staff will be decidin' who forms teams with who based on what ye do today." She paused for a moment, letting that sink in. The whole thing seemed awfully intimidating to her, but she kept any trembling out of her voice. Mr. Rosenrot could take care of it if there was a problem, right?

"Now go on an' everyone of ye set yourselves on the metal plates. Ye will need ta find out how ta land on your own! An' please, do be careful!" Siobhan wondered at that last bit, Alban's notes, which she had been reading from, were very specific as to the students needing to understand that was the case. What they weren't explaining at all was why. Land from what? She hadn't seen any aircraft hovering around, and those metal plates looked far too small to be landing pads...

Siegfried, entirely unaware of just how little Miss Clannad knew about Beacon Initiations, started the launch sequence as soon as everyone had found their places. He was caught completely off guard when she grabbed hold of his arm in a panic and whispered fiercely, tears beginning to form in her eyes, "Mr. Rosenrot, somethin' gone terribly wrong! Ye have ta save them, they'll be dashed ta bits against the trees!"

It took a few minutes of patient explanation that this was standard operating procedure and all part of the plan. She still wasn't happy about it by any means.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Walter on September 25, 2016, 12:36:50 AM
Janna stepped on the pad, and took one of her shields into her right hand, strapping it to her left vambrace. She glanced to her left, seeing the first of the students starting to be launched up and into the forest, some of them screaming in joy, others in terror, while some - specifically, those who had prepared for this - were rather calm about the whole ordeal. Janna was prepared.

Her large frame flew up into the air, though not particularly high, and she was off. She angled her body down and put her shield up in front of her, supporting it with her right hand as well. Time for one of the most simplistic landing strategies out there.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Flooberoid on September 25, 2016, 12:50:03 AM
While Hagane was not generally one to fail to pay attention, he missed most of the briefing while trying to place the instructor's accent. Some students appeared to be talking about a "landing strategy," so... were they supposed to jump off the cliff? Oh well, he could always just follow the other students.

Sounds started coming from Hagane's left, ranging from screams of excitement and terror to laughter. Hagane noted two things about the noises: They were at regular intervals, and they were getting closer. Unable to see around the giant to his left, he couldn't gather much information beyond that. His answer would come shortly, however, when the giant was launched from his pad at high velocity. Oh.

As he soared through the air, Hagane looked for the other students that had had their turns slightly before or just after him. He noted that everyone fell short of him, likely as a result of his relatively light weight. By the same logic, he would probably land somewhere near that rock climber from earlier, who he guessed couldn't have been more than five pounds different from him.

Upon getting close to the trees, Hagane remembered the peril of falling. Oh right, landing strategy. Better think fast. He formed Ichimonji into a hook shape and prepared to break his fall.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: JupiterMoony on September 25, 2016, 02:12:43 AM
Drab was sent flying a bit further than most but not as far as Hagane. She found herself realizing she did not bother to think of a landing.
"Oh well we always have this!" She took out Ardent Dawn and as she approached the ground and gave the ground a large overhead whack. The ground crack under the force and Drab lands gracefully on the ground.
"Let's go!" Drab dashed off, Ardent Dawn at ready
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: nathan67003 on September 25, 2016, 08:25:33 AM
Brock was waiting for something to happen when a small, elegantly-dressed blonde lady stopped besides McTeacher and tried to get the crowd to listen. And failed. And failed again. Brock had been about to let out a deep, bellowing 'everyone shut up' when he saw a megaphone in the lass's hand. So she was the teacher, huh? Listening, he noted her name and profession. Huh. Why in the world was she here? He didn't mind, but it was a bit offsetting.

When Miss Clannad asked for people to call their name out, Brock immediately complied by shouting his in the adult's general direction, probably accidentally deafening nearby students. When the order to do it one at a time came, he waited for the earliest pause he noticed and slipped his own name in.

He then proceeded to give the briefing his undivided attention. Right. Valley. Forest. Grimm. Other side. Take thing. Bring back thing. Don't get killed. Seemed simple enough, apart from the 'landing strategy'. What in the world did that mean?

As students scurried over to the large metal plates, Brock walked to one of the ones in the middle, the crowd splitting before him like a pool of fish in front of a dolphin. A very, very large dolphin. He then stood there, waiting for something to happen. That something was the left-most student being hurled into the sky, followed by the first person to his right about a second later. Oh. That landing strategy. Even though he had a bit of doubt as to the platform's ability to propel him into the sky, he got out Uloe from his back and bent his knees a little.

As his turn came, a loud, metallic screech was heard before he was launched about half as far as most students. Great, even less time to act! He hoped to come down close to a large tree, as it was pretty much his only solution.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Flooberoid on September 25, 2016, 10:22:04 AM
Hagane reached out with his hookblade and caught himself on a sturdy branch. Pulling himself up, he surveyed his surroundings... fruitlessly. Excellent, I now know that the forest has a dense green canopy. This information will come in handy. Even in his thoughts, it was hard to tell if Hagane was being sarcastic or not.

Not wanting to be left alone in the Grimm-filled forest, Hagane realized he would have to backtrack somewhat and find a partner. He put Ichimonji's blade back in its scabbard, turned in the direction of the cliff, and started walking.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Walter on September 26, 2016, 08:39:39 AM
There was a small tree in Janna's flight path. It didn't stay there for long, as her shield crashed through it and into a larger on the other side. The shield maiden angled it down further to essentially ride the tree trunk down, down, down to the grass below. The tree now bore a rather noticeable indentation on its side, like a scar running down from its top to its bottom.

Janna huffed as she rubbed her arm. Rough landing. She strapped her other shield to her other vambrace and took her swords off her back. Sure, it wasn't all that comfortable to be wielding them all the time, but if a monster attacked her now, she'd be fully prepared.

Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: nathan67003 on September 26, 2016, 10:29:47 AM
Less than a second before hitting the ground, Brock swung his hammer as hard as he could at the trunk of a large tree, trying to twist his body the opposite way to compensate. A large chunk of the trunk was smashed into pieces as Brock came to a thundering landing, rolling forwards to try and absorb as much of the impact as possible without breaking his legs. The tree fell beside him - a little too close for comfort.

He picked himself up and, after briefly looking for the Sun's position and comparing it with the time on his scroll, started walking directly opposite of the cliff with long strides. Not caring about stealth, he produced small thumps with every step.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Flooberoid on September 26, 2016, 02:23:04 PM
Hagane hadn't walked for long before a woman with a staff nearly collided with him at high speed. He reflexively drew his sword but dropped it into a relaxed position when he recognized the student. "What are you in such a hurry for? We're not exactly on a strict time limit." He gave her a small, amicable smile, relieved to have encountered another student so quickly.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: JupiterMoony on September 26, 2016, 06:18:29 PM
Drab slows down and comes to a halt.
"Why can't a lady get this over and done with, also since you are here me that makes you my partner for now I guess," Drab gives Hagane a pat on the shoulder and walks towards the direction of the ruins.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Walter on September 27, 2016, 10:23:01 AM
Janna's attention turned to the sound of gunfire nearby. Hella lot of gunfire, actually. She took a breath, and started moving in the direction of the sound, prepared to fight off any grimm that would get in her way. If someone was in a fight, she was going to help.

As she got closer to where she heard the sound coming from, she started to hear several rhythmic thumps, barely audible over the clanging of her own armor. Still, it didn't take long for her to spot Brock's towering figure.

"Hey!" she called out. "Was that you making all that ruckus earlier?" The shield maiden asked, approaching him with her shields held to her sides.

Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: nathan67003 on September 27, 2016, 11:02:52 AM
Brock was walking through the forest's underbrush at a somewhat rapid pace when someone - a tall, possibly slim and fit under the plethora of armour - lass with dark hair and skin about as tanned as his own walked into his sight and started making her way over to him, asking from far away if he was the one who caused all the din. Continuing to move forward, he answered to be heard from a distance, though he still probably overdid it a bit, and said "Depends! Was it a giant thoom that seemed a bit like thunder? If yes, then that was me!" Thankfully, by the time they were closer to each other, he'd lowered his voice to a more manageable amount of decibels.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Flooberoid on September 27, 2016, 01:08:37 PM
Well, that was quite the introduction. Hagane didn't expect to get along too well with this person... but he'd have to, wouldn't he? Did anyone bother to tell her that they would be partners for four years?
...
Hagane decided not to bring it up.
"All right then. No need to slow down, I suppose. I can keep up." Hagane looked around quickly to see if he could spot any other groups before catching up to her. "I'm Hagane, by the way. Hagane Inaba."
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: JupiterMoony on September 27, 2016, 08:48:02 PM
"Drab Sage Verdigis, quite the mouthful so just call be Drab," Drab said as did a few practice swings. "So what's up in your life? So far nothing really for me, just having to deal with moving in to Beacon."
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Uncouth T-Rex on September 27, 2016, 10:57:25 PM
Siobhan found herself nervously peeking around Mr. Rosenrot's arm to take in all the different students on the projected scroll screen. Some of them had already run into trouble, and were, oh she couldn't watch, fighting for their lives! Why wasn't Mr. Rosenrot doing something? Perhaps he was very fast, or had some other means of reaching them...

Siegfried was so far quite confident in everyone's abilities. Those who had encountered Grimm, and only a handful of Beowulves and Boarbatusk at that, were performing exceptionally. For the moment, no one needed his...oh bother, he'd managed to overlook someone. A snowy-headed, frail boy...he'd thought that he'd merely sat down to regain his breath and aura after a genuinely rough landing. As it turned out, the lad was nursing what was starting to look frighteningly like a broken leg, gauging from his agonized grimace.

"Miss Clannad, it appears we have a serious injury on our hands. Shall you be alright while I fetch him?" he asked, and sensing time was of the essence, only waited long enough for her to nod. With swiftness that defied his mode of dress, he was on a platform and launching himself to the target location, leaving Siobhan by herself and more than a little anxious in the quiet of the breeze.

Deep within the trees, a low rumble could be heard, slowly growing in intensity until the entire forest vibrated with it. Something stirred, moving many limbs and clacking in anticipation. It had begun. It was time.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Walter on September 28, 2016, 10:18:10 AM
Janna gave a short laugh. "Aye, it was! Well, I suppose we're gonna be partners for the time, eh? The name's Janna Tarmac. I'd shake your hand, but mine are a bit occupied right now." She said, before looking around as the noises in the forest began to pick up.

"I believe it's going to be a good idea for us to get moving. Maybe we can find some more students along the way, too." The maiden suggested. She was certainly concerned about some of the students she saw on the cliff. Of course, if you made it to Beacon, you could probably handle yourself. But that alone didn't put Janna at ease.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: nathan67003 on September 28, 2016, 10:55:34 AM
Brock's smile widened as Janna spoke, a chuckle escaping as she joked. "Mine's Brock Greenwood. If you really want to get there quick, you can always jump on.", vaguely pointing his free thumb at the area behind his neck. With that, he gave her a small pat on the back and resumed his previous course, albeit at a somewhat quicker pace, the ground nearly wincing in pain with every step.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Flooberoid on September 28, 2016, 01:23:03 PM
"Nothing much, honestly. I've been a country boy most of my life, just moved to Vale a couple years ago. I guess I'm still trying to get used to that on top of getting settled into Beacon." Right after saying that, Hagane heard the rumbling. He considered the implications of that. To what extent was Beacon in control of these tests? Surely they couldn't capture Grimm, but could specific Grimm be herded or lured into the testing grounds? No, that was likely impossible. If what they were hearing was indeed Grimm, it could not be a planned part of their initiation. Regardless, it would probably become one.
He turned to Drab. "What do you think that was? Because whatever it was, I think we're headed towards it."
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: JupiterMoony on September 28, 2016, 04:47:15 PM
Drab took her time thinking what possible things could make a rumble like that.
"Well we have no choice,  the only direction of progress is straight towards the ruins, and it must be big if it can make the ground shake," Drab then scratches the back of her head with a confused look. "Just which one?"
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Uncouth T-Rex on September 29, 2016, 11:07:15 PM
Flying high above the treetops, a pair of van-sized Nevermore circled lazily on thermals, searching for an easy target to pick off. They'd been watching the manthings from afar earlier, knowing that like every year, humans would enter the forest and leave themselves open for attack. The pair were an old one, experienced beyond the level their size would suggest, and had managed to severely wound and in one or two cases many years ago, kill the unwary. Not the large one and the one with metal skin, too heavy to carry off swiftly...the others...yes, especially that small one.

Silently, they dove, swooping down as one to blast through the treetops directly in front of the female they'd seen climbing the cliffside earlier. The first screamed and flared its wings wide, peppering the entire area with foot-long darts, while its companion slipped around behind and dove for the small male, aiming to snatch him up in its talons and ascend, stabbing away with its beak all the while.

The King Taijitu had been following the metalskin at a distance for some time now, watching ever-patient as she made her way through the trees. Even when she was joined by the large male, it had given no indication of its intent. Soundlessly, its body, easily the thickness of a subway car, slid in between the trees, taking advantage of the areas with less underbrush to avoid any unwanted noise. They were getting closer, closer to where it needed them to be...

Siegfried landed gently near where the young boy had fallen. As he had feared, the lad's leg was most likely broken, and the pain was making him fade...only one thing for it, then. "Fear not, I am here to get you safely home. Hold still, please." As the soft-eyed student stared up at him in awe, he extended a hand, clenched it, and froze the ice dust he'd scattered into a solid block around the injured leg. "That should numb the pain a bit, too. Hold steady, stiff upper lip, you know."

He walked over quickly, and helping the boy up, readied himself to depart. That was, at least until an impressive Beowulf Apha crashed into the clearing, snarling bloody murder and rattling its bone spines. Its charge tore several young trees out of the ground, and its slavering jaws could easily tear a man in two.

"Oh, come off it..." Siegfried muttered, reaching out and flicking a small condensed bit of impact dust at the beast, right at its center of mass. The resulting explosion sent it hurtling backward through the trunk of a large tree, killing it before its body even struck the trunk. A click of his heels had him rocketing skyward by way of fire and impact dust, the now fainted boy in his arms.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Walter on September 30, 2016, 06:47:18 AM
"I think I can keep going m'self, thank you very much." Janna said with a smirk, following the towering man. She kept her shields up to her sides just in case as they moved along.

"Have you encountered any grimm yet? I can only guess all that noise I heard earlier was to do with your landing strategy, am i right?" The woman asked, keeping her eyes peeled for any sign of monsters nearby. Yet she didn't see anything. not yet.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: nathan67003 on September 30, 2016, 07:01:09 AM
Do read this: ShowHide
Due to massive fucking changes in literally everything about everyone, Brock didn't fire anything when he landed. I've modified my previous posts to reflect that.


(EDIT: Posting is apparently fine. Just keep in mind that, depending on what happens, all threads involving my characters would basically become void.)

Brock kept mercilessly hammering the underbrush with his feet, most probably clearing a path for his newfound partner as they both moved forwards. "Nope, haven't seen any baddies yet. And yes, that was me. Poor tree never stood a chance.", he added as he recalled the sight of the pulverized section of trunk.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Flooberoid on October 01, 2016, 10:21:57 PM
The Nevermore's scream just preempted the dart barrage and gave Hagane a chance to reflexively dodge. Of all the creatures for our first taste of team combat... "Hey Drab, looks like a Nevermore. You ready to fight?" As he was sizing up the beast that had fired the darts, he was abruptly assaulted from behind. He made a hasty, narrow escape by diving away from Drab and quickly drew his weapon. Two of them? This is bad... It's unlikely we can handle this alone.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: JupiterMoony on October 01, 2016, 11:19:25 PM
Drab had just about the same idea when she heard that screech.
"You mean two Nevermore, and yes I'm ready," Drab said as she switched Ardent Dawn to its rifle form.
"Hopefully that screech would garner others attention," Drab said as she unleashed a bullet upon the Nevermore that shot the feather darts.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Uncouth T-Rex on October 03, 2016, 12:02:22 AM
The female's sting enraged the Nevermore, and crying its displeasure, it dove right for her, striking with its beak and all four sets of talons in total outrage. Its partner also landed, running with surprising speed right for the small male, not intending to miss this time. Splaying its wings out before it not unlike a sharp, many-bladed snare, it charged, its beady red eyes glazed over with hate.

The King Tajitu knew it was time. It could feel it in the earth, the way the ground shifted beneath its weight. Like lightning it struck, lancing out and in between the two humans, driving its head right into the forest loam. The cavern, already thin-roofed as it was, collapsed, taking the Grimm and both students down into a pit now littered with the remains of young trees and whatever detritus had been laying on what was until recently the forest floor. Perfectly at home in the cramped space, the great monstrosity slithered its coils round the interlopers and rose above them, fangs poised and at the ready. A hiss so forceful it carried a breeze came roiling out of its gaping mouth, poisoning the air with the sent of rot and decay.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: nathan67003 on October 03, 2016, 06:20:59 AM
(Walter, posting before you because I've got an idea :P)

Brock had not seen that thing coming. He barely had the time to brace himself before the ground literally vanished beneath his feet. Oh come on! Again??

He still managed to remain close to his partner as he landed with a loud thump, bending his knees to try to absorb as much of the impact as possible - and to keep them from shattering. He only fully comprehended what was happening as the rings of the monstrosity started quickly sliding by, surrounding them. He rapidly extended his arms and put all his strength into resisting the crushing onslaught - a feat he doubted he could manage for very long.

"Need... some... help... over here!!", he was barely able to breathe out through clenched teeth.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Walter on October 03, 2016, 11:52:40 AM
Janna, as much as she thought she was prepared for an attack, fell, and she fell hard, but managed to fully brace herself, shields held in front of herself, much like with her landing strategy. It took her a couple of seconds to get up, and as she was standing on her two feet again, the King Taijitu was already wrapping around the two of them.

The shield maiden blinked, and glanced to her side to see Brock barely able to handle the beast's strength. "I'm on it!" She called out, before raising her shields up high, then planting them into the ground heavily on either side of them. She placed her legs wide to support the shields. As she found herself some steady footing in this situation, she used her semblance to form a small barrier behind them as well, effectively lifting the weight from Brock. She didn't know just how long that aura barrier would hold, though, and she could feel the pressure on her own body.

"I'll go ahead and assume you're a heavy hitter, Brock. Give it a good what-for!" Janna said, raising her swords up so that she could retaliate proper.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Flooberoid on October 03, 2016, 01:13:18 PM
This time, even though he reacted nearly instantaneously, Hagane would not have time to dodge out of the way of the Nevermore's charge. He would have to stand his ground. Striking a firm stance, he lifted Ichimonji and held it out to defend himself. Hoping to surprise the beast, he activated the dust mechanism and superheated his steel blade.

His stance in place, Hagane took a very brief glance in the direction of his partner. He wanted to close the gap to her, team up, and focus their attack on one foe... but relaying this plan in the amount of time available was impossible. Instead, he settled for "Watch out!"
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: JupiterMoony on October 03, 2016, 06:02:56 PM
(Flood did you sleep at the keyboard? Cause it looks like you were typing halfway)
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Flooberoid on October 03, 2016, 07:41:23 PM
((Conflict resolved.))
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: JupiterMoony on October 04, 2016, 01:47:01 AM
((Oops, that would be my bad, I kept my phone on low brightness most of the time so I did not see the Watch Out, which blends in with the background. I remember telling everyone I'm on my phone usually on the RWBY forum. Sorry))

Drab quickly rolled out of the Nevermore's way but the gust produced from the Nevermore swooping down did push her back further than she planned. She quickly got up and gave a thumbs up to Hagane. She raised her rifle again and fired this time at Nevermore targetting Hagane, hoping it would get off his back so that she had someone to surprise the winged Grimm.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Uncouth T-Rex on October 05, 2016, 10:34:27 PM
The King Taijitu would have smiled if it had had the ability. Driving down hard, it went to savage the students already barely resisting its nigh unconquerable strength...

The Nevermore hunting the female took advantage of weapon being pointed away from it, and spun round sharply in mid-air, landing with a thud not ten feet from where its quarry was standing. Its echoing battlecry made the leaves tremble, and it pounced then, intending to pin her to the earth and then gouge out her eyes.

The one attacking the small male felt something smash into its elbow-joint and it stumbled in its charge, running its shoulder right into the burning blade in front of it. Horribly wounded but by no means dead, its screams of pain and rancor were punctuated by shorter squawks as it snapped and clawed at the human it had crashed on top of with its good limbs.

Siobhan jumped as Mr. Rosenrot landed behind her, staring at awe in his method of flight. Had he been riding on jets of flame? Was this the power a Hunter possessed? 

"If you could minister to the boy until the ambulance arrives, it would be most beneficial, Miss Clannad. I would take it that he requires some comforting." He spoke so calmly she could barely believe it, and deposited the injured student with care at her feet. Without another word he returned to monitoring the rest of his charges, his eyes fixed to the screen outside of a sudden glance here or there, spying out she knew not what.

Putting herself to the task at hand, she knelt by the shocked and disoriented lad, taking his head and shoulders into her lap, and tenderly dabbed at his forehead with her kerchief. The picture of motherly concern, she spoke softly her face close to his, until his eyes weren't so wide and unfocused. "There now, be a good laddie. We'll get ye all fixed up. Ye did well. It'll be alright. Don't fret. Ye did well." she crooned, smiling down at him.

"I would assist, but there are lives depending upon my vigilance. Besides that, you do us all a service. Beacon is lucky to have you, I should think." Mr. Rosenrot told her, his smile small and out of her view, but his voice declared well enough what he felt. They had been right to choose her, Beacon could use a feminine touch that wasn't backed by killing power.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Walter on October 06, 2016, 02:01:26 AM
Janna did not care for some big, dumb snake trying to eat their faces. The shield maiden let out a short battlecry as she lunged towards the Taijitu's attack, both swords raised. She placed Honor for a stab into its eye, while utilizing Justice to stop the thing's jaws from closing down by placing the sword between them. The woman dug her feet deep into the ground, her feet propped against her shields for balance.

She still gritted her teeth at the attack, hoping to all hell her aura and armor hold. Brock better knock the thing's lights out quickly, though!

Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: nathan67003 on October 06, 2016, 06:13:27 AM
Brock had finally found his hammer again and, with the extra reach it granted him, swung as hard as he could at the beast's head while it was distracted, vaguely hoping his teammate vould hold the coils back long enough in the position she was in.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Flooberoid on October 06, 2016, 01:28:15 PM
Considering a van-sized creature just toppled over on top of him and started squirming, Hagane's movement options were rather limited. Drab had prevented his situation from being much worse than it was now, but had put herself in danger in the process. Hagane knew he would have to get free quickly to pay her back. With this in mind, he permitted himself to put the creature on top of him in more suffering than he would ordinarily have allowed.

With his limited range of motion, Hagane thrust the still-heated blade of Ichimonji into the Nevermore's body. He turned the blade to gas inside of the creature's body. He noted the current toll on his dust and blade stocks: Down to two blades and enough dust for one more heat surge... I should make it last.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: JupiterMoony on October 06, 2016, 05:48:14 PM
Drab had managed to scramble away in time but she was cornered, the trees around her were too thick to dash around behind for cover,  she changed Ardent Dawn to its staff form and braced herself for quite a beating.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Uncouth T-Rex on October 08, 2016, 12:42:23 AM
The Taijitu let out a gasp as it felt the metal female's sting glance off of its scales and go straight into its eye, blinding it even as the nictitating membrane closed down reflexively, pinning the blade there and tearing it free from the human's grasp as the colossal serpent jerked away. The second sting simply bounced off its chin, not that it would have noticed after the powerful blow to its snout, a hit so powerful it knocked the beast senseless for a few moments, its coils going slack even as it began to flail madly.

Still screaming, the wounded Nevermore felt another searing pain go through its breast, and rolled away, right onto its damaged wing. Mad with agony, it staggered to its feet, barely aware of its surroundings anymore, and began snapping at anything that looked threatening in its blurred, hazy vision. Its chest felt heavy, as though a weight were squeezing the life out of it...

Its partner was still very much alive and kicking. Achieving nothing with its first leap, it drew itself up to its full height and spread its wings, trapping the female against a tree. A dull gleam of satisfaction could be seen in its eyes the moment before it lanced out for her face with its beak.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Walter on October 08, 2016, 02:52:48 AM
Janna smirked as the snake pulled back, the beast clearly having not expected such fierce retaliation. Still, she was not the main fighter in this pair, even less so with one of her weapons gone. Her main concern was making sure the creature didn't crush the two. She could feel the pressure exerted on the aura barrier on her own body, but it didn't matter, since the shields allowed her to sustain it.

The shield maiden gave a quick nod at Brock after his attack. The coils had gotten looser, and she could feel herself able to breathe better already. With that, she knew she had to use the chance to strike. Flicking the switch on Justice, she changed it to its pistol form, the weapon holding seven shots. Though somewhat inaccurate and dispersed at long range, in close range the weapons were essentially hand cannons, absolutely devastating. And the recoiling snake was perfect for it. She raised her weapon and fired once, aimed directly at the grimm's face.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: nathan67003 on October 08, 2016, 12:45:46 PM
As soon as his hit landed, Brock climbed as quickly as he could on top of the loosening coils, trusting his partner to keep the serpent occupied. even as it started flailing, he remained steady with Uloe in hand, searching for his next target - the second head.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Flooberoid on October 08, 2016, 01:34:08 PM
As soon as he got up, Hagane turned and started running to support Drab, sidestepping the flailing spectacle he had been engaged with previously. Striking a foe not focused on him was not exactly Hagane's forte, and he wasn't quite sure how best to go about it. He knew getting in front of the Nevermore would be impossible or at least suicidally impractical while it was pinning Drab, so his best bet would be... a big hit straight to the back? Hagane released all the remaining steel in his canister into Ichimonji, forming an incredibly awkward broadsword, which he swung upward as he charged for the giant bird. He knew this was a bad plan the moment the sword was in the air, as the supreme length and extra weight of the blade nearly toppled him. Regardless, he was able to put considerable power into the attack.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: JupiterMoony on October 08, 2016, 08:47:20 PM
Drab narrowly avoided the attack, she had put her aura up just in time. She saw from the corner of her eye that Hagane was attempting to help. She saw the greatblade being swung on the back. Should the attack connect she used that window of oppurtunity to quicklh dash to Hagane's side.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Uncouth T-Rex on October 10, 2016, 11:39:20 PM
Spoiler: ShowHide
Walter, Honor is still in the thing's eye, it blinked snake-ily and tore it loose from her hand, I'll just assume it's the one gun so you can edit appropriately.


The wounded head of the King Taijitu took the shot right in the back of the throat, spraying blood everywhere, and in its final spasms snapping back against the collapsed wall of the cavern again and again. Its unfocused brawn wrecked the earth, making it shudder with every collision. In the midst of this, from the center of the coils, a red eye gleamed from scales white as bone. The opposite end of the beast surged to life, aiming to come up and around so that its fangs would soon hold first the stinging female and then the male with the heavy stick. Taking no risks, it moved in a blur, intending to swallow them whole.

As the dying Nevermore breathed its gurgling last, its partner felt the sudden lack of sensation from right between its wings on down, and collapsed with an awkward squawk at the female's feet. Instead of going in for another stab at her fragile human skull, it was now staring up at her unable to move, and cawed in confusion as it unsuccessfully bid its limbs to work.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Walter on October 11, 2016, 10:13:30 AM
(Whoops, my apologies. Edited my previous post for her to only be using Justice.)

Janna remained focused on her target, the black snake head. It was thrashing about rather violently, too difficult to hit. Good news was, the coils had loosened quite a bit now, and her partner was out of the 'death zone' between them. It was time to act.

The shield maiden quickly pulled her shields out from the ground, the aura ones wavering just the tiniest bit as she did. Taking a deep breath, Janna raised both of them and jumped over the right side of the coil, the aura shields disappearing as her feet left the ground. Still, she was much more free to act with that effort gone.

As the white head went for its attack, Janna quickly raised her shields in front of herself for a block, hoping for her partner to strike quickly.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: nathan67003 on October 11, 2016, 11:33:08 AM
As soon as his search beyond the rings had turned up negative, Brock turned back to the creature, watching mostly everywhere for a sign of the white head as the black one entered convulsions. Quicker than he could completely follow, he saw it dart out of the coily entanglement towards his partner. Hoping for her to get a shield up in time, he surged as quickly as he could towards the opponent's new fangs, jumping the coils and going for an upwards strike of Uloe with all his strength.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Flooberoid on October 11, 2016, 01:33:49 PM
((Changing Hagane's color AGAIN since it's hard to read on this board. The old one was hard to read on the old board... stop changing the background color!))

Hagane was barely able to move, the giant blade of Ichimonji stuck in the ground and his stance rendered shaky by the weight of his swing. He tensed up and braced himself for impact the moment the bird moved, and eased again as he saw it drop. Okay, note to self: Giant sword is very risky and impractical. Do not use it again, he thought as he recollected the steel.

Noticing Drab had escaped and was now beside him, Hagane addressed her. "I doubt it will put up much of a fight from here. Go ahead and finish it off." He turned around to face the Nevermore that had fallen on him previously. A feeling of guilt washed over him as he saw the last signs of life in its body fade away on their own. He should have put it out of its agony sooner.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: JupiterMoony on October 11, 2016, 05:53:44 PM
Drab gave Hagane a pat on the back.
"Get a good rest kay," Drab said as she walked over to the bird and swung her staff and with force went for an overhead strike to crush the skull.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Uncouth T-Rex on October 12, 2016, 10:17:24 PM
The ivory head of the serpent crashed hard into the metal female, her shell making it difficult to close its mouth, which she was now standing in. Not that it wasn't trying with all its might as it sped along, until something hard caught it right in the throat. It hadn't counted on the large male moving out of its path so easily, and coughed, spitting out the female right into the wall it had planned to bash her against. It would have ploughed right into her headfirst if its companion head hadn't expired and flopped like dead weight right across it then, slowing it enough so that it snapped its jaws shut inches from the female's head.

Meanwhile, the inured student had passed out in Siobhan's arms, and she rocked him gently, singing softly to him while Mr. Rosenrot kept an eye on all the other students. Soon, an ambulance hovered up and took the boy off to the infirmary, and as she sat there and watched the paramedics go about their business with practiced efficiency, she spoke to her guard.

"How hard do they take it? Ye know, it must be awful ta fight so long and then be told ta try again next year."

"In my experience, Miss Clannad, the ones who fail to rise from their stumblings here are not cut from the proper cloth to be a Hunter in the first place. They lack the mettle so critical for the position." he replied, his face emotionless. She looked at him in silence, and then cast her gaze down at her own feet. He was right, she knew, but it still felt so unkind...
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Walter on October 13, 2016, 09:47:56 AM
It was truly a bizarre experience, to say the least. One moment, Janna was raising her shield in front of herself, but the very next moment she was inside the mouth of an angry, hungry grimm, it's teeth uncomfortably close to her. Wincing at the force exerted on her body and glancing back, the shield maiden saw that she was no quickly accelerating in the direction of the cavern wall. Shit.

Seconds later, however, she was free from the thing's grasp as Brock hit it in the throat! Yay! And so, she was thrown into the wall with force. Less yay. Janna grunted, letting go of justice and sliding down the wall, opening her eyes up to see a snake snout much too close for comfort. The shield maiden blinked. Then proceeded to violently beat the crap out of it's face with her D's.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: nathan67003 on October 13, 2016, 10:30:32 AM
Brock didn't waste any time after his first hit, continuing to charge forward with an overhead swing of Uloe aimed at the Taijitu's head.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Flooberoid on October 13, 2016, 01:07:48 PM
"I'm fine to keep going if you are. I can't imagine it's much farther to the ruins." Hagane wanted to get moving as quickly as possible, knowing the attack had caused a commotion that could bring further trouble. He located the spot where the first Nevermore had launched its quills and used the angle they had entered the ground at as a reference point to regain his sense of direction. He then gestured in the direction they had been walking previously. "Our goal is this way."
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Uncouth T-Rex on October 13, 2016, 11:49:36 PM
Spoiler: ShowHide
Floob, can you please explain to me how the heck you determine your direction by way of scattered Grimm feathers? Not that it matters, I'm honestly just curious.


Its meal denied it and its nose currently being slapped about by some hard, painful things, the King Taijitu recoiled in shock only to be clobbered from behind by the large male. This blow was so powerful it drove the beast's head right into the dirt and sent its vision in a whirl. Listing heavily from side to side, it managed to rise once more, and swung itself clumsily at the place it remembered the female being.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Walter on October 14, 2016, 10:05:56 AM
Janna didn't wait for the beast to regain its senses. AS it recoiled, she immediately hopped to the side, letting the dazed and confused thing simply slam into the ground. She grabbed her sword off of the ground, and raised it high before plummeting it into the beast's eye, much like she had done with the previous grimm.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: nathan67003 on October 14, 2016, 10:08:01 AM
Not wanting to hamper his Partner, Brock swung Uloe overhead once more, this time aiming for the beast's neck, letting Janna have the head.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Uncouth T-Rex on October 15, 2016, 05:30:32 AM
The thing took a damnable long time to die, the blow to its neck wrecking basic motor control, made worse byits inability to see on one side, and it thrashed helplessly for awhile, still powerful enough to injure a man should they be caught between its bulk and a hard place, but in the end it succumbed, expiring with a last, throaty hiss on the ground between the two students.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: JupiterMoony on October 15, 2016, 06:19:03 AM
Drab looks towards the direction where Hagane said was the direction towards the ruins. She nods.
"I can move on, the faster we get out, the faster we can go back and have some good food," Drab swung her staff onto her shoulder and walked casually, but moderately fast at the same time.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Walter on October 15, 2016, 06:49:13 AM
Janna was panting slightly, the fight and getting smashed into the wall having taken a lot out of her. Still, the shield-maiden could stand on her own. One of the many plus sides to constantly wearing this much armor was that she could take quite a bit of punishment before succumbing to tiredness.

"We need to find a way out of this cavern." Janna said as she pulled Honor and Justice out of both snakes' eyes. She glanced up at the hole above them. "I'm not so sure climbing that is gonna be easy."
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Flooberoid on October 15, 2016, 09:47:20 AM
"Food seems as good a motivation as any for getting through this. I could really go for a hotdog right now." Hagane walked at the same pace as Drab, but allowed her to stay slightly ahead of him.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: nathan67003 on October 15, 2016, 11:39:04 AM
Brock bellowed a loud "THAT'S RIGHT, BITCH! FUCK YOU TOO!" when the Taijitu started to dissipate. He then gave Janna his attention before speaking again.

"Right. Here's our options. You either lemme throw you and your stuff out, then I use my hammer's handle as an anchor and go the slow way, or we both go the slow way out." Best part was how utterly serious he looked when he spoke about throwing her out.

Because he was.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Walter on October 15, 2016, 11:48:35 AM
Janna arched a brow, giving a light smirk. "While I don't doubt you're a strong bloke, I'm not sure you'd be able to throw me high enough." She said. There was a point to her words. She didn't know how much weight Brock could lift, and throw for that matter, but her gear combined with her own weight would likely just be too much.

"We might be able to find an easier route out of here if we looked around, though. I doubt there was just some kind of air pocket down here without any sort of exit."
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: JupiterMoony on October 15, 2016, 07:49:27 PM
Drab thought to herself a few seconds when Hagane mentioned hotdogs.
"I wonder if the cafeteria has hotdogs at all, cause now that you mentioned then I'm hungry for some," Drab then sees around her crumbled walls, moss growing between cracks
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Flooberoid on October 15, 2016, 08:46:19 PM
((Oh, uh, I guess we've decided to reach the ruins? I guess we're allowed to decide that?))

Hagane commented on the pair's surroundings. "I can't imagine any scenery better called 'ruins.' Looks like we've reached our destination. Where do you think we might find the artifact?" He scouted the area with his eyes.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: JupiterMoony on October 15, 2016, 09:01:59 PM
((I guess I mean it would help progress the plot))

Drab shrugs as she looks over a broken wall.
"No idea honestly, I'm not even sure this is the right area, I mean there could be more than one ruins site," Drab puts her hands on her hips, thinking on what their next course of action should be.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Uncouth T-Rex on October 17, 2016, 11:42:46 PM
Spoiler: ShowHide
Ruins sound fine.


The stones of the ancient ruin rumbled as if in protest of some monstrous act, shaking in place and giving the air and unpleasant, vibrating hum. And as suddenly as it started, the tremors ceased.

As the Taijitu dissipated into motes of darkness that rose into the morning sky, its fading body revealed a sizable passageway, carved from solid stone and marked with odd, jade-green pictographs on the opposite end of the cavern. A fetid, musty breeze blew out of the newly uncovered opening, and faint scratchings of something hard upon the rocks could be heard from within.

Siegfried's eyebrows raised and he nodded thoughtfully to himself while viewing a particular section of his display. Well, that was going to give someone a world-class surprise, indeed. If they didn't die from sheer fright, that is...Speaking of which...

"Miss Clannad, there is no use in fretting. They will either succeed or they shall fail, and if failure rules the day, I will see to it they do not pay with their lives. You have my word on it."

Siobhan believed he felt he was telling the truth. She also very much doubted even he could combat the horror which she had caught a fleeting glimpse of over his shoulder. Blanched white and trembling, she clung to his shirtsleeve and prayed that whoever met it first had time to run and warn the others...
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: nathan67003 on October 18, 2016, 04:28:13 AM
Brock looked at the newly revealed opening, the most nonplussed of looks on his face. "Well, would you look at that. A passageway. Shame. We won't be taking the fun way out." With a smile, he started walking along the tunnel, Uloe in his right hand.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Walter on October 18, 2016, 08:03:33 AM
Janna snickered as she followed the leviathan man. She wasn't sure how she felt about that passageway, though. It just felt very off to her. Never the less, she didn't see a better way out at this time, so she kept her shields held to her sides as they moved along. The two had just defeated a king Taijitu on their own, even though it had taken them by surprise. Surely they could take whatever else awaited them ahead. Right?
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Flooberoid on October 18, 2016, 01:05:29 PM
The tremors put Hagane on edge, and he felt his hand involuntarily hovering over the hilt of his sword. He looked around for the source. "There's that vibration again... seems like we're close to the epicenter this time. Best case scenario it's some kind of mechanism placed here by Beacon as part of our mission. Worst case, well... Let's hope it isn't the worst case."
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: JupiterMoony on October 18, 2016, 06:12:33 PM
Drab shrugs as she treads onwards, kicking some of the rubble aside inorder to make a path that they can always track back should they need to. She looks around for any sign of something that could lead them to the ruins or any nasty thing they would need to smack like pests.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Uncouth T-Rex on October 18, 2016, 08:59:31 PM
As the pair progressed through the temple, the ruins became more grandiose, and appeared in a greater and greater state of decay. Towers and arches of once-polished sandstone rocketed up to meet the sky, slowly replacing trees and undergrowth along the onyx-paved walkways of the temple. Ancient lettering only vaguely resembling the modern alphabet marked some of the stones, both on the paths and the walls which were springing up all around them. Here and there, massive gouges began to appear, as if something titanic in proportion had carved deep grooves into the structures.

In the tunnel, the pictographs were placed so that they provided an otherworldly green light for travelers to walk by, and it could be seen that for whatever reason, time had not worn too heavily on the walls. The floor was interesting, in that there was a totally chaotic pattern carved into it, something resembling a series of dots and lines that never fully repeated itself and intermingled its symbols.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: nathan67003 on October 18, 2016, 09:00:54 PM
(Gonna let you rp this one first, Walter)
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Walter on October 19, 2016, 08:32:53 AM
Janna did not approve of any of this. "There's something very odd about these engravings on the floor here. Either whoever designed these things didn't give one shit about aesthetics, or they didn't make 'em on purpose." The shield maiden said, keeping her guard up even more now. At least they couldn't get attacked from the side again.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: nathan67003 on October 19, 2016, 08:54:25 AM
Brock stopped walking and turned around, noticing what his Partner was looking at. He observed it for a moment before glancing around the cave. "No, it's too complicated. Whatever made this did it with a purpose. It's not purely random, there's no discernable repetition. It's fully intended. Plus, the place is a bit too fresh to my liking for this to be an old build."
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Uncouth T-Rex on October 24, 2016, 12:29:31 AM
Spoiler: ShowHide
Floob, Jupiter, want me to wait on you guys?
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Flooberoid on October 24, 2016, 04:44:58 AM
((I think we're waiting on you. My impression was that you were stalling until both halves of our party are at the same point.))
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Uncouth T-Rex on October 24, 2016, 11:29:39 PM
Spoiler: ShowHide
I wasn't, please continue reacting to the environment XD
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Flooberoid on October 25, 2016, 05:12:03 PM
((Uhhhh...))

Hagane noted the huge gouges in the structures around them and deduced that something large had been here. He gripped his sword and gestured for Drab to prepare herself as well, keeping silent to avoid drawing attention.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: JupiterMoony on October 27, 2016, 09:30:47 AM
Drab noted the gesture back remained in somewhat lax stroll, but her mind was alert and body ready to move when required. Gouges in the structures, the only Grimm she knew that could dig was the Death Stalker due to its primary habit of staying in caves.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Uncouth T-Rex on October 29, 2016, 11:37:15 PM
The further they moved into the ruins, the more apparent it was that they were being led to the center of the structure, as more and more of the stonework appeared all around them. Increasingly prevalent too was the green lettering, which now seemed to be some sort of labeling or even a set of directions on how to navigate the maze-like corridors they were in. The gouges remained constant, even if the state of disrepair lessened the longer they walked. Just as something flashed a vibrant green down a distant corridor, the stones hummed again, shaking with the tremor. Once more, the air filled with that unpleasant sound, which increased to a near-whine.

In the tunnel, small holes in the walls began to appear, and faint scratching could be heard from every direction.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Walter on October 30, 2016, 03:06:33 AM
Janna's eyes darted from hole to hole, the tank lady raising her shields to her sides a bit higher, intending to cover as many of them as she could. "I don't like this. This feels like we're just waltzing into a trap of some kind. Fuck knows who'd set it up, but this just seems very, very wrong." She said.

By this point, she had also drawn Honor and Justice and switched them into their ranged mode. If anything tried attacking them, they'd get blasted in the face. If it had a face, that is. And was a thing she could fire at.

Shit.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: nathan67003 on October 30, 2016, 09:23:25 AM
Brock had, for once, grabbed Uloe with both hands as well as slowed down his pace. His partner was right: something was waaayyy off. Whatever the damn thing that resided here was, it'd get one hell of a smacking if it decided to lunge at them. "Hmm." was his only answer.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Flooberoid on October 30, 2016, 10:18:58 AM
Hagane broke the silence, but spoke quietly. "Whatever's making that noise and these indentations in the structure is probably also related to that light up ahead." He pointed forward, as if he really needed to show his partner what he was talking about. "It feels like we're being led there intentionally. Be on your guard."
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: JupiterMoony on November 03, 2016, 05:38:15 PM
Drab nods and as she held her stafff firmly infront of her now. "Got it, just wondering what they mean though" Drab looks towards the green letterung, trying to make sense of it all as she kept her ears open to the scratching, onviously it was something, but what?
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Uncouth T-Rex on November 14, 2016, 11:38:03 PM
As the pair moved further and further into the tunnels, the scratching suddenly stopped. For a good while there was nothing but the silence and their breathing. Even their footsteps were muffled in the hush and closeness of the underground. The pictographs were so bright now that everything was tinged with green, bathed in the arcane light of the stones the lettering was inlaid with.

Everything, that is, except for the mass of red eyes that blinked to life in the shadowy nooks and holes surrounding them on every side.

The scratching was replaced by a deafening chitter as hundreds upon hundreds of badger-sized Deathstalkers poured into the tunnel, pinching and stinging as they came. It was worst from behind, where the creatures swelled into a living wall and surged forward onto their prey.

Those above ground fared better, and soon found themselves standing in almost enclosed chamber entirely awash with the emerald light emanating from its central dais. There, held aloft by a circle of pedestals atop a ring of stairs, sat objects of carved jade, confounding in shape and purpose. Some appeared to have already been taken.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Walter on November 15, 2016, 11:51:23 AM
It took Janna about a second to realize exactly how fucked their situation was. It was still a painful, confusion-filled second nonetheless. They had to act fast. Which, as far as she could figure, was not her partner's specialty, nor was it her's.

"MOVE, MOVE, MOVE!" She quickly shouted out, stepping up the pace by a lot herself and whacking around with her shields. Her armor at least worked against the smaller things, to an extent. She did not want to experience being engulfed by the wall, though.

The shield maiden pointed Honor towards said wall, and fired twice, hopefully disrupting the flow at least a little bit. The range wasn't quite close enough to do massive damage yet. She wasn't sure she wanted to get in that range.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: nathan67003 on November 23, 2016, 09:06:17 AM
Brock took a tiny, tiny while to register the eyes in the darkness. Then, the damned things started screeching like so many plates of metal and rushed them.

He immediately started running forwards, shouting "WHADDAYA THINK I'M UP TO??" Swinging Uloe haphazardly at his feet to try and smash most of the buggers in the way, he used his sheer weight to barrel through what he missed. Not looking back, he headed for the first set of stairs going up that he spotted.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Flooberoid on November 23, 2016, 09:28:18 AM
Hagane eased up a bit, not because he saw the jade relics, but because he saw the empty pedestals. "Hey Drab, take a look. If there was a trap or anything to worry about here, it looks like someone else already dealt with it."
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Uncouth T-Rex on December 03, 2016, 08:21:08 AM
Spoiler: ShowHide
I'm going to go ahead and post for the characters involved with the action so they aren't stuck waiting.


The deathstalkers came on, the sound of their advance deafening as they surged forward. The living wall shurnk back at the blasts from the armored female's weapons, many of the creatures dying instantly, only to be replaced by equally fearless and bloodhungry bretheren. For every arachnid that was splattered into fragments by hammer, limb, or shield, four seemed to take its place, springing from as yet unseen quarters. The humans ran hard, only barely keeping ahead of the roiling swarm behind them, taking stings and snips no matter how hard they tried to protect themselves, their aura wearing down rapidly under the onslaught, until finally they started to outpace the monsters when a winding spiral staircase lead them upwards. Some of the creatures even tried to cling on and keep stinging, but were either unable to find purchase on the female's armor or could not maintain a solid grip on the huge male as he barreled along.

With their innumerable pursuers only moments behind them, the two burst into the light of day, or rather, the light of the jade relics that also shone on the faces of their fellow Initiates, who stood across from them.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Flooberoid on December 03, 2016, 08:44:55 AM
((Last active November 15... are we gonna lose our D again? >.<))
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: nathan67003 on December 03, 2016, 09:02:19 AM
(Pls nuh, but I guess we can always hope :s)
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Uncouth T-Rex on December 05, 2016, 09:45:34 AM
Spoiler: ShowHide
If worse comes to worse I'll knock Drab unconscious and have Siegfried get her to safety so you can just replace her mid-initiation and not have to redo things yet again. PROBLEM SOLVING. YASSS.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Flooberoid on February 01, 2017, 03:46:38 PM
Hagane and Drab moved silently along the western wall of the ruins, occasionally checking to see that the other was unharmed but otherwise keeping eyes forward. This was until the silence was broken by two colossi bursting through a cave entrance on the eastern side. Hagane quickly noticed their battered and bitten states as the frazzled duo rushed into view. "Oh my, what happened to you?" he asked, apparently oblivious to the herd of creatures pursuing them.

Immediately following Brock and Janna, a flood of miniature Deathstalkers plunged into the room, seemingly driven by a common purpose. Every single one charged directly at Drab, covering her, lifting her up, and carrying her away all in the course of a mere couple seconds. This was followed by another silence as the danger to the others had seemingly subsided.

Hagane blinked. "Huh. And I was just getting to like having her as my partner, too. Hopefully someone else comes along soon."

((VISION THAT'S YOUR CUE! xD From here on out I'll post, then Vision, then Walter and finally Nathan.))
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Vision on February 01, 2017, 08:38:24 PM
So far Diana had managed to avoid the more dangerous grim in the forest. The beowulves she could usually take down before they got close so physically she was mostly fine, apart from a slight limp after messing up her landing. Psychologically however the stress of fighting alone was starting to take its toll causing her internal monologue to be more frantic. We've been here less than a day and they just throw us right into this mess, I thought Vale was supposed to be more relaxed than back home. Lying on top of a broken pillar she scoured the area, desperately looking for other students. And where is everyone?! These have to be the ruins we were told to find, right? What happens if I don't find a partner, would that mean I failed?. Seeing some movement deeper in the ruins she slid down the pillar and silently made her way towards it. Even if that doesn't fail me I won't last alone, I suppose that Rosenrot fellow will have to collect me. Will they just kick me out then?.

As she moved towards the centre she could hear several unclear sounds, movement, grim, voices, honestly it was hard to tell. Nervously she pulled the bolt of her heavy barrel back checking what round she had loaded. Ice. It was always ice, slightly annoyed at herself for rechecking something she should have known. She took a deep breath trying to clear her mind. She rounded the corner ready to shoot and was greeted with three figures standing there.

"Oh... Nice to see I'm not alone out her after all"
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: nathan67003 on February 06, 2017, 09:40:16 PM
(Pssst, Walter. Your turn.)
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Walter on February 07, 2017, 12:11:57 PM
Janna rushed out from the cave, planting her shields into the ground and turning to face the grimm threat, hoping to set up a defense against the deathstalkers while her allies did their work...

Just to find them apparently ignoring her, running straight to someone else and taking them off.

The shield maiden looked confused. She turned to the others. "...Uh, what just happened?" the large lady asked to nobody in particular, before looking over the group, then the area where they were now.

"More importantly, what's supposed to happen now?" She pulled on her shields, eventually popping them out of the ground. Man, those things left some massive dents in the dirt there.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: nathan67003 on February 07, 2017, 12:29:39 PM
Brock came out of the stairwell and turned around, preparing to collapse the floor, ceiling and everything else to stop - or at least hold back a bit - the nightmarish tide, only to see it recede.

"...Oh. Well that turned out easier than expected."

Briefly checking out Janna - mostly to make sure she was okay - before turning around, he noticed that they weren't alone. He also noticed that there was a bunch of pedestals with jade... thingies on them, so he vaguely motioned in their direction after nodding a hello to the other two. "Guess we're here for this?", he said while still breathing a bit more heavily than usual.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Flooberoid on February 07, 2017, 07:41:49 PM
Hagane nodded to Brock. "I would suspect you're right. There can be no telling when those creatures may come back, so let's all grab one and make tracks together." Realizing this was his chance to make friends, he added, "We can handle introductions on the move."

Hagane cautiously approached one of the pedestals. As if disarming a trap, he moved his hand from Ichimonji's hilt to a hefty stone and swiftly swapped the stone for the jade artifact... only to realize that none of the perceived danger was actually present. He brushed the stone off the pedestal with an embarrassed look on his face as he motioned the others to follow suit.

Seemingly forgetting his own advice, Hagane stopped and carefully inspected the tablet. Its jagged edges implied some connection to a larger piece, but the smoothness of its surface even along these edges seemed to show intent. Numerous scratches could be seen under proper lighting, hidden under the clear glossy coating. An odd item to be sure, and one which would require further inspection. Later inspection, Hagane realized as he looked around and remembered where he was.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Vision on February 08, 2017, 09:16:43 PM
Diana carefully made her way into the chamber, she didn't want to risk surprising the other so before she got too close she spoke up to declare her presence. "Excuse me. I was just, wondering if you were all in pairs?"

As they turned towards her she thought that their expressions seemed somewhat confused. As she had seen neither the deathstalkers or the jade figures she could only assume that it was due to what she had said. "Well not that the three of you can all be in the same pairs of two.." she tried to explain "What I meant was are any of you still looking for a partner? I've been alone so far." Her speech started to trail off as her attention was drawn towards the jade figures in the room and the one held by the grey haired man, was this the prize they were seeking?
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Walter on February 13, 2017, 03:11:02 AM
Janna introduced herself to the other two, then went over to the jade figures, examining them. "Had to take one of these per pair, right?" She asked, looking over to her partner.

"If that's the case, I'll let you pick one, big guy." She said, before sitting down heavily in the grass. The fight with the Taijitu had taken a lot out of her in terms of aura, and even with her training, taking such heavy hits and that much running in her armor did its number. She was still ready to fight, but she needed a little rest.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: nathan67003 on February 13, 2017, 06:18:47 AM
After Janna's presentation, Brock answered the (relatively) shy girl's question with "...Well, I don't know about that guy,", pointing at the only other male present with his thumb, "but I'm with Janna over here. Brock, by the way."

He then responded to Janna's statement, saying "A'ight, thanks!" before turning towards the pedestals with jade thingies on them.

He truly had absolutely no sliver of an idea about which one to pick. They all looked so alien to him, they might've been identical. He settled with the one closest to his right hand. Damn, even the texture was strange. "These things are weeiiiiird." Turning towards his teammate, he asked "You okay?"
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Flooberoid on February 13, 2017, 10:45:51 AM
Were they in pairs? I mean, Brock and Janna saw that, right? Did Hagane have a partner? "Um... I think I'm a bit of a special circumstance? I... had a partner, but I'm solo now. Long story. Again, tell ya on the move. Point is, I'm Hagane, and we're... tentative honorary partners until I can figure out what the hell is going on." Better to be honest than encouraging, Hagane always thought. He wondered how Diana would react to knowing that his last partner was dragged away in a ball of creepy crawly Deathstalkers.

What if she got carried away too? "Um... I'll carry the artifact, how about that?"


((Lemme know when/if we want to do the Beacon segment, I'll do a timeskip.))
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Vision on February 14, 2017, 10:08:05 PM
Wait, he had a partner and now he doesn't? She frantically tried to convince herself that someone must have had a change of heart after getting into the woods, trying to ignore the more sinister explanations. She gave a quick nod and responded "Okay sounds good. Hopefully this won't cause problems when we're evaluated, right now I'm just glad to not be alone out here. I'm Diana." As Hagane offered to carry the artefact she simply said "Sure, I'll do my best to help cover you."

She got ready to move on but stopped on seeing the shield maiden resting. Whilst Brock was checking up on her Diana approached "If, you want I can help you recover some of your aura.. its my semblance." looking to Hagane she added "It would only take a couple seconds." Generally she would have been a bit more reluctant to use her semblance on a stranger who wasn't seriously wounded, however at the moment she desperately wanted to seem useful.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Walter on February 25, 2017, 02:34:26 AM
"Ah, I'm fine." Janna stood back up, huffing out a breath. "Been a while since I've gotten hit that hard, though." She gives a thumbs up, then looks to the girl.

"I would actually appreciate that quite a bit. Not sure how much I got left after all of that. Hoping we can get out of here without too much hassle now, though."

(I'm cool with a timeskip. Sorry for the wait.)
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: nathan67003 on February 25, 2017, 03:24:05 AM
Brock honestly felt more relieved than he thought he'd be when he heard Janna's response. Still, his teammate was mostly fine, and that alone was a good thing.

When the girl - er, Diana - suggested help, he couldn't stop himself from displaying a massive, goofy frin. "Aura recovery, huh? Neeeaaat."

(Also fully okay with time skip.)
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Flooberoid on February 26, 2017, 09:21:57 AM
"I don't know about these two, but you needn't trouble yourself with my aura. I still have plenty left over." Though he turned down the offer, Hagane was relieved that someone agreed. This gave him a chance to observe Diana's process, to learn the cost and time constraints for later, should they continue being teammates in the future.



The group traveled back to Beacon will little more in the way of interruptions. Aside from a few encounters with creeps and beowolves (all of whom were easily dispatched in a single blow), they spent the entire journey becoming acquainted with each other. Hagane listened intently to everyone's answers, especially about their combat abilities.

When finally they did arrive at Beacon, artifacts in hand, they were admitted into a bizarre ceremony for all initiates. All of the students were herded into the main hall, where there stood a nondescript middle-aged man; the Beacon headmaster was nowhere to be seen. The man himself, well, clearly didn't want to be here.

His instructions to the students were brief: "As some of you may know, we typically group students based on similarities with the relics they pick up. Well, you've probably noticed that these chunks of jade in your pockets seem to have no interesting qualities whatsoever. Within the next half hour, it will be up to you to determine who your teammates are based upon the pieces you each collected. Get to it." He left without even asking if the students had any questions.

Reactions among the crowd were largely stammering confusion, student pairs breaking apart as some ran around frantically asking random people what they thought while others sat staring intently at their own artifact. Having examined the thing earlier, however, Hagane thought the answer to the puzzle was rather obvious. How to locate his remaining partners in the chaos, though... that was another story.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Vision on February 28, 2017, 07:41:23 PM
Figured I would write the semblance here so you can see that and react if you want. Using the line to denote where the time skip is as well.

"It's not exactly recovery it's... not important right now." realizing that could be interpreted wrong she quickly added "Don't worry it's perfectly safe". Whilst her right hand touched the black breastplate of the shield maiden her left formed a fist to brace for the pain. To the others it seemed like nothing happened for a few seconds. In reality the twos auras briefly combined and a significant amount of Jannas aura was returned at the cost of Dianas. Her semblance drained energy not just from her aura but her body as well causing it to be rather painful. She did her best to hide it but the particularly observant could notice that her breathing was a bit too short and her eyes slightly misty.

Her task done she looked towards the others and prepared to leave.
 


Facing little opposition on the way back allowed Dianas mind to be free to reflect on the others, they all looked impressive enough, strong and confident, not to mention just how tall they were. Glad that she was no longer alone out here she still had a nagging feeling that she didn't really match the others.

As the unknown staff member finished his speech Diana was among the confused students, she had been so relieved to be out of the forest that she was completely unprepared for another test. Desperately she looked towards Hagane who still had the figure.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Walter on March 04, 2017, 01:54:47 AM
Janna nodded at the girl's words, and waited to see what her semblance did. Standing in front of her like this, she could tell quite easily that this was causing her pain, and frowned.

"You shouldn't strain yourself like that. You have a very honorable semblance, but... I think you shouldn't use it too much." Janna commented, patting the girl on the shoulder.



Janna had listened to the speech with her arms crossed, standing next to Brock, who would still have the artifact. She turned to him after it was done, placing a hand up to her chin, thinking.

"Hey, those edges... Kinda seem like they'd connect to something else, yea? Like a puzzle piece?" Janna suggested. It was all she could come up with, but she wasn't sure finding the matching piece was going to be easy.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: nathan67003 on March 04, 2017, 10:00:46 AM
Brock followed Janna's words with his own. "Yeah, don't strain yourself unless it's absolutely necessary. You never know when a semblance could save someone's life."



Brock listened to... well, whatever that was supposed to be. The only thing he managed to remember from that lax guy on stage was 'Weird piece. Figure it out yourselves.' Oh how incredibly, brilliantly, sarcastically pleasant.

He turned his head towards his partner as she spoke, listening. He then took the piece/relic/whatever out of his right pocket and more or less stared at it. "Yeah, you're probably right. The edges are too neat, too precise to be utterly random.

Problem is, how the hell are we gonna find the rest of the matching set?...", he said as he looked around and above the crowd. This was one of these moments where height was a definitive advantage. "Any ideas?", he continued as he turned his head towards the girl on his right again.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Flooberoid on March 04, 2017, 12:55:59 PM
Hagane glanced over and made his own interpretation of the look on Diana's face. "Ah... right. You see, I noticed before that there are several marks on this relic that seem to follow a pattern. You know, like they didn't form naturally. The jagged cuts around the side, for example, appear to be ground down smooth, like they were cut deliberately. But it isn't just that." He traced his hands over the polished surface, following some faint line. "Under the reflective coating, it's somewhat difficult to make out, but there are actually grooves in the surface of the jade that also seem to follow a pattern of their own. Do you follow me so far? I'm betting that if we can find another artifact with a similar pattern, or a continuation of ours, we'll have found our teammates." He offered the relic over to Diana in case she wanted to look it over. After scrutinizing it so closely, he almost didn't need to look at it any more; if need be he could summon up the whole pattern from memory and compare it to the other artifacts.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Vision on March 05, 2017, 08:38:06 PM
Diana carefully picked up the relic as Hagane offered it to her, running her finger across the grooves and marks he was describing

"But there multiple points on each side that could be continued on anther one, It'll take us ages to compare every side on every one of these." realizing that she was just describing issues rather than trying to solve them "I guess we could try to form a line or something, though I don't think the others will follow suit." Whilst she was still struggling to see how they could solve their task she felt a lot better thanks to Haganes confidence, happy to carry the relic and follow his lead.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Walter on March 09, 2017, 11:05:43 AM
Janna looked around. It didn't seem to her like many had figured out the whole puzzle deal. It would be somewhat problematic to find the pair they'd have to team up with...

The shield maiden smirked, turning to her partner. "Brock, I'd say you got a voice that's a bit more /powerful/ than mine. The more people understand what they ought to be doing, the better, right?" She said, thinking that if more people start looking for their partners, there will inevitably be less people that still need to find them. 
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: nathan67003 on March 09, 2017, 12:31:20 PM
"Oh, uh, sure. Just, uh, cover your ears, I guess." He took a deep breath, turned to the high ceiling to avoid properly deafening everyone he was facing and yelled as loud as he could - which was really, really loud.

"HEY, YOU PUNKS! THIS IS A PUZZLE, THE RELICS FIT TOGETHER!" After that, he coughed a bit, his throat hurting from the shouting. With a slightly croaky voice, he asked his partner "How 'bout that?"
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Flooberoid on March 09, 2017, 07:20:47 PM
At the boom of Brock's voice, the crowd around him scattered towards the walls of the chamber. When all was said and done, there was naught for noise but bewildered muttering amongst the initiates who were brave enough to speak. Hagane, who had miraculously been too lost in thought to even notice the shout, stood out like a sore thumb. Even now, he stood near the center of the room, oblivious to what was going on around him.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Vision on March 12, 2017, 01:09:28 PM
Diana had been running her fingers along the markings with her eyes closed trying to visualize them in her mind so she could look for matches on the other, except she couldn't find any pattern to them, just random lines. Frustrated she started holding the relic up to visually comparing theirs to the ones around them. She was on her toes looking over someone's shoulder when Brock's shout startled the room nearly causing her to lose balance. As the crowd scattered a bit she caught eye of the two that they had met in the forest. They weren't going to be lucky enough to match with them though it might still help to group up once more, she gently placed her hand on Hagane's elbow and nodded in the direction of Janna and Brock.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Walter on March 16, 2017, 01:23:42 PM
Though Janna wasn't all that troubled by loud noises, she still covered her ears with her palms. Even through them, she could hear the large man shout. She removed her hands from her head and watched the crowd part in front of them, until just two people stood out. The shield maiden quickly recognized them as the two they had met in the forest, and pointed them out to Brock.

"Maybe they have some bright ideas on how to deal with all of this. I'd guess they figured out the puzzle piece aspect as well." She said, starting to head that way and gesturing for Brock to follow.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: nathan67003 on March 16, 2017, 06:17:15 PM
Brock nodded his assent to Janna's plan before following her along. As they approached, he noticed that at least one of the two had seen them. Brock offered a "'S up" nod of the head to his fellows as greeting.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Flooberoid on March 16, 2017, 09:26:41 PM
Despite being unfazed by the shout, Hagane was curiously startled at Diana's touch. He glanced at Diana, and followed her gaze to Brock and Janna. Recognizing them immediately, he was secretly glad to address someone familiar first. "Hmm, well... a little trial and error couldn't hurt," he muttered. "Diana, let's compare our artifact with theirs, if they are willing."
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Vision on March 17, 2017, 07:20:48 PM
With a slightly apologetic expression she quickly let go of Hagane, 'was he just surprised or does he not like being touched' she wondered.  "Even though they probably won't match, Brock is kinda the center of the room now. When people go over to check their relic against his we can stand next to them and give it a quick once over too." carrying the relic with both hands she headed off to the two.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Walter on March 23, 2017, 01:52:19 PM
(Oh, boy, really sorry for not posting. Will try to not do that.)

Janna waved in greeting to the approaching duo. "Hey, guys. We think we've figured out what's the deal with these pieces. It's like a puzzle or something, and the pieces connect." She said, uncertain if the two had figured that out themselves.

The shield maiden then sighed slightly, placing her fists on her hips. "Don't really know how we're going to find the match. I'm not sure how well thought-out this whole thing was on the school's part."
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: nathan67003 on March 23, 2017, 04:44:19 PM
Brock just... followed suit, spreadibg out his hand and bringing it at the lowest of the four eye levels. He might as well let them look at it. Besides, smarts weren't exactly his forte...
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Flooberoid on March 23, 2017, 07:12:40 PM
"Well, if you would hand me your artifact for a moment, we could always see if we're lucky." Hagane suggested. "If we do match up, it would theoretically help the other groups out; removes two pairs from the pool, after all."

Taking Brock's gesture as an invitation, Hagane nodded acknowledgement. He smiled and gestured for Diana to bring forth their relic.

((OOC: I can skip most of this round and just say what the relic looks like whole; just wanna give Vision a chance to post first since Diana is currently holding their relic.))
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Vision on March 23, 2017, 09:53:11 PM
"Right, here." she quickly but carefully handed it to him, "Any luck? There a quite a few sides so not really sure which ones are supposed to match."

As Hagane was looking over it, she gave a soft smile to the other two, just being with some people she kinda knew did help her relax a bit. Not that they were in any danger here but she couldn't help but feel slightly safer with them all. 'Could just be a side effect of them all being taller than me' she thought to herself.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Flooberoid on March 24, 2017, 07:58:38 PM
Without a word, Hagane rotated the pieces around, scrutinizing the jagged edges of each. A moment later, he decided how they would attach and, sure enough, they slid together perfectly.

As the edges of one tablet met the other, the two merged so seamlessly it was as if they were whole from the start. In fact... as Hagane tugged, the pieces refused to separate! The grooves in the jade artifact became more pronounced. The material itself started to give off a dim glow, as if to act as a back light for viewing the image proper. Even more intricacies appeared now. Certain areas on the surface, which had previously felt smoother than others for reasons unknown, now revealed themselves to be polished for the purpose of creating a brighter highlight on the face of the stunningly detailed picture before them. When viewed as a whole, this striking image in all its glory turned out to be...

...A processed hot dog? With ketchup and a bun and everything. Or maybe it was mustard? Holding the stone in his hands with his face blank and his eyes wide open, Hagane pondered indignantly about the artist's motivation for using so much of the condiment; Hagane himself would have put half as much, if that!
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Walter on March 25, 2017, 12:13:12 PM
Janna peered over Hagane's shoulder as he assembled the item, being a head taller than the guy. She watched the pieces slide and connect with a certain amazement. Then the image of a hotdog appeared.

Janna snorted. "A hot dog? Why the hell is it a hot dog?" She asked, amused. Certainly not what she was expecting - the shield maiden would've expected something more symbolic from the school. Well, yes, a hot dog could symbolize something, but she doubted the school would do that.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: nathan67003 on March 25, 2017, 12:33:38 PM
Brock retracted his hand into his pocket when Hagane took their puzzle piece and watched as he first stared at the damn things, then assembled them. The pieces then lit up, seemingly moving and transforming.

...And a hotdog appeared. With a bun and everything. "...This is, by far, the most novel usage of Dust I've ever seen.", he said while making sure to adopt a deadpan, sarcastic tone.

"Say, do you think that's ketchup or mustard? I hope it's ketchup."
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Vision on March 31, 2017, 08:10:01 PM
Incredibly relived that the pieces fit and that their trial was over she lightheartedly lent inn to get a look at the image, standing on her toes to try to match the height of the others. She stared blankly at the image dumbfounded...

As Janna asked her question she added "Do sausages have some cultural importance here in Vale?" she looked to the others for an answer. "I don't know how you could tell the difference of ketchup and mustard without colour, maybe its both?"

((OOC: Not really sure if it was my go or Flooberoid right now? Was it a one off change or is this the new order?))
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Flooberoid on April 01, 2017, 04:07:45 PM
((OOC: I don't much care about the order, honestly. I should probably have posted next but you're fine, we'll just go on like this.))

"Yes. Sausages, particularly hot dogs, symbolize the creation of the world by the myths of many ancient tribes in eastern Vale. The bun represents the Mother Goddess who watches over and protects us all. Ketchup represents the life and prosperity of nature atop this planet, while mustard represents the blanket of fear which prevents us from thriving. That is why determining the condiment on this tablet is so important," Hagane explained to his partner in calm monotone.

Seeing the bemused looks he got from nearby students, Hagane added, "That was a joke."
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Walter on April 03, 2017, 01:04:46 AM
Janna placed a hand on her chin, and looked at the sausage for a while. She then glanced to the others - Hagane, Diana, Brock...

"Uh. Remind me, guys, how does the school choose names for teams?" She asked. Come on, there was no way that that was going to be the case here. It seemed much too silly, and hardly felt like a name fitting the prestige of this place. Right?
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: nathan67003 on April 03, 2017, 07:08:54 AM
Brock listened to what was apparently his new teammates and was that close to genuinely believing Hagane's rant when he revealed it was a joke, to which Brock took a thoroughly nonplussed expression.

He then answered Diana's question. "I have no idea. But I somehow doubt that that... thing would be used as a team's name, as hysterical as it would be."
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Vision on April 12, 2017, 03:13:52 AM
((OOC: We can totally change back if you prefer, and sorry for the delay got sick when I finally had a break from coursework))

Though feeling a bit foolish for believing Hagane she laughed at his joke before turning to Janna.
 "Well if it's anything like Atlas it would be one initial from each member that in total represents a color. But I have to agree with Brock, I don't see how a sausage in a bun with condiments is one color. Or how you would even spell that with four letters."

Diana started looking around the room for a catering table or a sign pointing to a kitchen as she absentmindedly said "Maybe there's a second part to the puzzle?"
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Flooberoid on April 13, 2017, 09:39:37 PM
"Another part...? No, that's unlikely. The time limit provided simply doesn't allow for it. I believe we should just clear out of the way so that nobody approaches us and wait." Hagane said this as if any of the students staring at them had somehow failed to notice they already had a team. Sure, some of them had started timidly trying relics with other relics, but the general student body was still gawking with bewilderment at the strange group in the center. Hagane gestured for Diana to follow him as he started moving toward the edge of the room where the stage was located.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Walter on April 15, 2017, 12:57:29 PM
Janna followed the team along with a somewhat bemused expression on her face. If that was actually the name of the team, she couldn't say she was all that ecstatic about it. However, she looked around at the others and a smirk snuck up on her lips.

"Well, at the very least, as far as team composition goes I think we're pretty damn well off." She commented.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: nathan67003 on April 15, 2017, 01:27:56 PM
Brock followed his new teammates, his rather light steps making more sound than would otherwise seem possible. He had quite the trouble wrapping his mind around the fact that his team was named after a popular item in stadiums and fast-food restoration. He probably wouldn't succeed for many, many days.

As Jana spoke, he nodded in agreement, glancing at his newfound comrades from up high. "Yeah, seems pretty diverse.", he answered with a smile, his low voice almost resonating.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Vision on April 24, 2017, 08:10:41 PM
"Oh right the time limit, I forgot about that. You're right multiple parts wouldn't really be possible then." She said whilst gladly following Hagane out of the crowd.

"It does seem like we have a bit of everything." Her teammates all seemed incredibly impressive, tall, armored, powerful weaponry, there was an unavoidable confidence that she felt radiate from them. It was obvious that they had proved themselves in some serious fights down there, something she hadn't. Worrying that she would be the weak link she sheepishly tried to smooth out some wrinkles in her dress to at least look presentable.

((Sorry for the really slow response time, I've unfortunately gotten rather sick and have exams to deal with :/ I should be back to full around mid May. Sorry again.))
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Flooberoid on April 29, 2017, 06:26:57 AM
((Ha! Not like I've been getting on it all that fast, either.))

"Indeed. We will have to go over combat styles following our official team assignment. I would certainly appreciate being made aware of Brock's attack patterns, seeing as anyone but Janna would be pulverized on impact with his hammer." Jokes aside, Hagane wondered how much aura he would lose if that hammer hit him. It seemed safe to assume he wouldn't be walking shortly afterwards.

With a full ten minutes completely wasted, the remaining initiates frantically started jamming relics together to find their teammates.

((I can skip to the end whenever we want.))
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Walter on April 29, 2017, 06:45:28 AM
Janna snickered at that, but nodded. Yeah, she figured she could probably take a hit or two from that thing. After all, she did just go through getting slammed into a wall by a giant fucking snake.

The shield maiden watched as the teams seemed to slowly get assembled. "I have to say, Beacon seems to really prefer show over practicality. Seems like a bit of a mess, doesn't it?"

(I'm alright with a skip.)
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: nathan67003 on April 29, 2017, 09:01:56 AM
"...Well I, uh, just swing it towards where I wanna hit, really." was Brock's response to Hagane's question. That didn't have a question mark he could detect. Oh well.

He nodded at Janna's affirmation, looking around a bit as he did at the chaos and failing to notice how people tended to steer clear from the hulking piece of flesh that was his form.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Vision on April 29, 2017, 02:56:51 PM
Diana gave a quick giggle at the prospect, thinking that her aura might be strong enough to take a hit but it would certainly send her flying. However her giggles were more out of relief than humor. Being alone in the forest that long had been surprisingly draining, it felt nice knowing she shouldn't have to deal with that again.

"It would be nice to learn a bit about what each other, not just in the form of weaponry and semblances, but you know hobbies and such. I guess we'll be seeing a fair amount of each other so plenty of time from now on." Turning from the group she addressed Janna specifically. "Well I can only compare with Atlas, which was a lot more formal about everything. I think all the showiness is just to help with team building."

((Okay for the skip as well))
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Flooberoid on May 01, 2017, 06:20:07 PM
"I must admit, I'm not particularly familiar with big city traditions like this. Personally I think I'd prefer the formal version, although this has proven entertaining at the very least." The thought occurred to him to look for hidden cameras, as though they were being manipulated into performing for some kind of TV program.


Time was called shortly, and a new set of instructions came in. Initiates who believed they had found their teams were to gather before a woman with a clipboard left of stage for verification. They would then be admitted for official acknowledgement and assignment by the man from earlier, who was standing before a large screen with four images of empty picture frames.

Based on their position in the room, the group found themselves close to the front of the line with only a few teams ahead of them. The rush to get in line was just as frenzied as the rush to find teammates, with one group in particular shoving their way past Hagane to position themselves towards the front. "Joke's on them," Hagane muttered to his team. "We shall all have to remain in this room until the end of the ceremony regardless of who goes first or last."
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Walter on May 02, 2017, 11:09:14 AM
She nodded slowly. "Well, it's a bit odd, but I guess it... mostly works?"



Janna smirked at Hagane's comment, standing with the team with her arms crossed on her chest. She was finally going to become a huntress with this. Or, one in training. An actual part of a team, sworn to uphold the highest standards presented by this school... She released a sigh of content. She belonged here.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: nathan67003 on May 02, 2017, 11:50:51 AM
Brock shrugged. "Dunno. I prefer being relaxed than surrounded by a bunch of uptight snots with broomsticks up their asses."



Brock briefly considered the possibility of merely moving forwards to make the hurried team move or get crushed, but ended up deciding against it. As Hagane had said, their loss. He just crossed his arms, taking an 'I'm waiting' stance without looking impatient about it.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Vision on May 13, 2017, 07:02:30 PM
"Not sure I can agree that being catapulted into a forest full of grim counts as relaxing." She said with a small smirk towards Brock. "But I think you're right, people seem a lot more welcoming here in general even if it is a bit showy."



Looking expectantly towards the man on stage Diana seemed far more eager than she had until this point, there was just something about the sense of the room and having her team that helped her nerves.

"There's no rush." She said in agreement with Hagane. "Besides It'll be nice to see the teams of our classmates."
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Flooberoid on May 16, 2017, 04:46:25 PM
"Indeed. I am curious to see if the other initiates received equally strange names as us."

The man from earlier could be heard announcing the first of many teams. "...Team Pepperoni (PPRN), led by Patricia Primrose."

"Ah. It appears they did." Hagane crossed his arms, looked down and smiled, satisfied.

((I'm changing the announcer dude's color on account of it being utterly impossible to read. xD))
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Walter on May 17, 2017, 10:48:49 AM
"Psh. Guess the people in charge here have a thing for sausage. I... Can't say I relate much." Janna commented more to herself, snickering.

"I wonder if anyone will have a, y'know. Decent name for their team?"
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: nathan67003 on May 17, 2017, 04:19:08 PM
A large smile plastered itself across Brock's face when he heard the first official team name. Yep, that was fucking great. Hotdog, Pepperoni? What was next, Salami? Prosciutto? He couldn't wait. Ah, shit, now he was hungry. When Janna pointed out the apparent liking for sausages, he mumbled "...I like sausages...", although mumbling wasn't entirely accurate here since his low voice failed to not carry the message to his companions' ears.

He answered the question Janna asked afterwards with "Dunno, depends on what the dude deems decent. Maybe it's a minority that'll wind up with names like this."
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Vision on May 19, 2017, 09:39:26 AM
Diana shot a curious glance towards Janna as the wheels in her mind started spinning. 'Had she just implied... I mean, that was a weird choice of words for food preference right?' She tried to think of a subtle way to ask without seeming weird or judging, failing that she decided to leave it for later.

"Well it could be that they're doing a food theme or something this year.. Bit odd but maybe?." She shrugged and looked expectantly towards the stage.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Flooberoid on June 05, 2017, 09:41:22 PM
((Crap, I'm up in this? Sorry guys, I closed the window and forgot about it when it stopped appearing in my updated topics. Feel free to PM me if that happens again. >.<))

Team after team obtained their new titles- BLNI (Bologna), RIBS, CHKN (Chicken)- before finally Hagane, Janna, Diana, and Brock stepped forward.

"From today forth, you four shall be known as team Hotdog (HTDG), led by Hagane Inaba. Congratulations," the man proclaimed as disinterestedly as ever. Their completed relic was displayed at the end of an increasingly long row of those retrieved by other groups. As with the teams before them, their names and pictures appeared in order on the display above the stage as the crowd began the obligatory round of applause. Most of the crowd seemed utterly disinterested with teams besides their own, and it showed in their applause. This seemed to fly right over Hagane's head, however, possibly because he was bowing so dramatically.
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Walter on June 09, 2017, 12:20:47 PM
"Well, guess those names confirm... Something." Janna muttered to herself again. Still, when it was time for them to step up, she did so with pride and dignity. Despite having known this moment would come, she couldn't help but give a wide smile. She was a huntress! With her own team!.. Named Hotdog.

She didn't really pay attention to the crowd at all, and as they were supposed to leave the stage one more, she turned to the others. "I don't know about you guys, but something about this ceremony made me hungry. Wanna go grab some lunch after this?"
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: nathan67003 on June 09, 2017, 12:45:08 PM
Brock followed his team suit to the stage with his hands in his pockets. When the... guy who gives the team names, whatever his actual name was, gave them their own, confirming the nutritional theory, he couldn't help but let out a chuckle. This was funny and you can bet your ass he'd brag about it to his (mostly senior) co-workers.

As they left, Janna's suggestion made Brock's face turn from smiling to deadly serious. All he said was "Yes."
Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Vision on June 09, 2017, 03:12:04 PM
As their turn drew closer a thought kept forcing its way into Diana mind. A few of the teams had seemed utterly surprised by who was elected team leader, but they would have to be crazy to pick her right? Failing to shake the thought she seemed more nervous than excited when stepping on stage. However as Hagane's name was called she finally relaxed, smiling again she briefly joined the crowd in applause.

Whilst Brock's face had gone back to serious Diana was still beaming, she had her team. In response she simply said "That sounds lovely." before turning to their new leader to see what he was thinking.

Title: Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
Post by: Flooberoid on July 07, 2017, 08:02:20 PM
"Hm? Well, I don't have any plans. Lunch sounds excellent." Hagane was taking everything in stride, but it occurred to him at this point that he didn't quite know what happens next. He supposed their next responsibility would be to move into the dorm room and get everything straightened out in there. He would probably need to make an organized to-do list to get everyone settled into their new team. But for now, a break for lunch certainly seemed in order. After all, fulfilling one's responsibilities was close to impossible without the morale to work for it.

One by one, the remaining meat-themed teams received their new designations. By the end of the ceremony, just about every team was aching to get out of that cramped room and start their new life as part of a team, though some initiates seemed less than pleased with their groupings. Finally, with an irrelevant closing statement from the announcer nobody had ever even heard of before, the group was dismissed around lunch time. Good thing, too; all these meat names were making them hungry!