Author Topic: Practice and Preparation [closed]  (Read 2693 times)

Siuwa

• Personal Text
    Balanced self-insertion FTW
    • View Profile
Practice and Preparation [closed]
« on: October 17, 2017, 03:46:17 AM »
Note that, and that, and that... Alright, that's the clips for today.
Catalina Glenn switches off the computer, closes his eyes to reimagine Zabar's movements, and let out a breathe. He told them. His teammates and other friends. He will challenge Zabar Aga, the 40th Vytal Festival tournament, year 1 individual bracket, champion. But there’s a few problems. Would it be an official challenge, or a sparring match while on a visit? When would both of them have time? In either schools, or ideally the Amity Colosseum? How can Cat hope to win? Most importantly, would Zabar and/or Shade even accept it?

All those thoughts was temporarily put on hold as he changed into his blue T-shirt with a round shield in the center and trousers that reaches to his ankles, with his ammo box strapped on his back. This is sparring time.

Arriving at the arena of the school he made a few practice swings with Take That!, transforms and turns it around, and fires a blank round. He practice this set piece a few times, then another with quick swings, then his semblance. The usual spikes, blades plus hands, and his secret move that he thought as necessary to hide and beat Zabar at the last moment. He hoped he had thought of that sooner so he could have advanced in the tournament. But maybe it was not so bad, since he made a friend in his loss.

Now it's really sparring time. He stood there and stared at the entrance, hoping to challenge whoever comes through.
Catalina Glenn - first year Beacon Academy student - "Not funny, dude! And not dudes... and everyone else... " - Cata, Cat.
Infrared Ray - fourth year Atlas Academy student - "So it's __ and __(insert name here) meets each other."
Sheer Gold - second year Beacon Academy student - "This is super effective!"
Siu Ceong - Beacon Academy graduate Huntress - "What is this? Where can I learn about it?"

Character hex code for reference: ShowHide
Cat: #0A44C2
Infrared: #CB4154
Sheer: plain red
Siu: #28CDFF

Zwei Not

• "Better than Krillin"

• Personal Text
    The man your man could post like
    • View Profile
Re: Practice and Preparation [closed]
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 04:55:14 PM »
To say that sparring was a pastime among the students of Beacon was an understatement. Tournament season had inspired students who remained after the festival to try their hand against competitors, especially those who had progressed quite far into the tourney. Juno himself had been challenged to a few matches in the past, but he more often than not declined. He had more pressing matters to attend to, anyway.

The fallout of Acero's injury had left him quite busy, as the school insisted on him running supplementary gun training. It was all busywork. Boring, monotonous, and nothing he wasn't already familiar with. It was already a rare occurrence for the young man to get a day off, and he wasn't going to spend it taking on some haughty student without the skill to back up his words.

However, his stride across the vacant arenas paused when a clip of his match against the Vacuan champion, Zabar Aga, caught his attention from the corner of his eye. The student at the computer wasn't watching for him, however, that much was sure. He seemed far more focused on Zabar's movements. Of course he was. Zabar was the champion, and the only participant in the top eight block to not be from Beacon. He had taken the tournament on Vale's home turf. It would be more of a surprise if people weren't gunning for him.

Nevertheless, Juno recognized the boy behind the computer after a few moments of recollection. Catalina Glenn had been a fighter in the tournament in the same block as Nathan. He had been taken out relatively early, and was a part of the controversy surrounding Nathan Eau. It seemed this guy was aiming to take down Zabar at some point.

At the very least, it would be interesting to watch him try.

Seeing as how his schedule had been clear for a while, Juno set foot on the arena floor, a hand resting on Phi's card as he did so. After a quick check to ensure that everything was in place, Juno looked back to the other student, pausing a bit before speaking up. "Y'know, that match wasn't one of my best. H-Gen safeties had been disabled somehow. The electricity dust shouldn't have done as much as it did."
Juno Varia: The Street Punk

Juno Vert: 1st year student of Beacon, Armored leader of Team VCVS

Phi: #007ba7

Nebu Nekhbet: DUAT unit 01: Desegnation RA

Nebu/Rho: #FFD700

Austin Vartra: TBA

Siuwa

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 04:19:51 AM »
Did you fix that? Oh, wait nevermind, I don't have electric dust. Umm... what about the fireball or the scaled-up sun? How do you deal with it now that you have seen it? Cat turned around, recognized Juno who he was just looking at the screen, and asked the questions.

Juno Vert, the 40th Vytal Festival tournament, year 1 individual bracket, second runner-up. That plus that he heavily injured the fourth year he previously met in a weapon-switched spar in the same manner he defeated Jack is all Cata knew about his classmate. Of course, as they are both first year students, they have classes together, but they didn't have much interaction and isn't selected in the same spar. Oh, and that her girlfriend had to leave beacon after a mission that went horribly wrong. Must be hard for his team.

If you can't guess it, I'm planning a match against Zabar. For someone. Seeing you fought him in the tournament, and that was a great fight, can I ask you to advise me? Catalina explained as he raised his weapon and turned it into sniper form, In combat, of course.
Catalina Glenn - first year Beacon Academy student - "Not funny, dude! And not dudes... and everyone else... " - Cata, Cat.
Infrared Ray - fourth year Atlas Academy student - "So it's __ and __(insert name here) meets each other."
Siu Ceong - Beacon Academy graduate Huntress - "What is this? Where can I learn about it?"

Zwei Not

• "Better than Krillin"

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2017, 02:48:11 PM »
"Very well..." He started, watching as his opponent drew the sniper rifle, only to shake his head. "Lesson number one; Projectiles won't do jack unless you catch him off guard. His semblance lets him catch and return, as far as I could tell. Hell, that's how he was able to make a fireball." he explained, striding toward the boy with one hand resting on Phi's Generator. "It's fine at match start, or if he loses track of you. Otherwise, he'll just shoot it right back. Capiche?" he continued, ready to throw up a shield in the event that he opened fire. "Come at me."

Siuwa

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 04:55:45 AM »
"I wouldn't have missed that if I had half my vision, considering the first thing he did in the first round is catching and launching an anti-tank rifle round." Cat fired an explosive round beside and behind Juno. "How would this work though?" And then Cat got his answer with just a bit of thought. "He would just catch the explosion, wouldn't he? That's one mistake on my mark."

"Do you think there is a limit to how much he can catch? I mean, he got pushed back by the anti-tank rifle, and I doubt the fireball can just grow arbitrarily big seeing his expression when he conjures the fireball." Cat tries to maintain the distance, still using his sniper form.  "I think I can afford to test it out in the beginning?"

Zwei Not

• "Better than Krillin"

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2017, 10:37:10 AM »
Juno paused as his opponent raised his rifle, instinctively triggering his semblance before the boy had the opportunity to pull the trigger. The shock of the initial explosion did not faze him as his aura erupted around him, his face souring as he looked over the gun toting student. Juno strode forward, taking a deep breath and letting his semblance fade after a few steps. "Explosive rounds?" he questioned, mostly for affirmation as opposed to actual information.

"Only reason I got any decent shots off on him was because he wasn't expecting it. You'd only have one or two, then every shot you fire is gonna get thrown back at you." the young man remarked, still miffed about how close the explosive had struck. He didn't need to wind up as Acero had, and he'd have to finish this quickly if he were to prevent more of those from being fired.

Siuwa

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2017, 11:25:59 AM »
"Yep. Still don't think I can beat him close quarters though. I'm going to exploit everything to not need to get up close." Catalina tried to keep his distance while switching out to his piercing rounds. Even though he isn't actually playing Zabar, an attempt is made to bypass the reflective hands, his semblance activating reaching out to his gun and beyond acting as an extended barrel. It's so long that it spans the entire gap between the two sparring partners, almost touching the torso of Juno, and pulls the trigger twice while following closely with the new muzzle. "I don't suppose he can block without his hands?"

Data:
Aura: 100%
Rounds: 15% x 2
Semblance: Little effort, tires in 20 seconds
[OOC: Forgot the value of the previous round, just take that as a 0.]
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 11:30:35 AM by Siuwa »