Author Topic: Martian AMA/AMCA  (Read 2400 times)

Martian

• Been Around

• View Profile
Martian AMA/AMCA
« on: October 14, 2016, 09:54:58 PM »
Ok, this an AMA thread for either me or any of my characters (Marshal + whoever else comes up in the future)

Have at it.
Marshal Oranzova- 1st Year Beacon Student, Leader of Team MARS - "Man, this is totally gonna cut into my nap."
Robin Teale- 1st Year Beacon Student, Team TRTA - "That's the most dangerous thing I've ever heard. Let's do it."

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
Re: Martian AMA/AMCA
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2017, 02:43:35 AM »
So for Robin, what made you go from Sanctum to Beacon rather than Haven academy? Mostly in character because I gather the out of character is no one likes Mistral.

For Marshel, does his symbol have any special meaning and if so what is it?

And you personally, when creating characters do you put any part of yourself into them either intentionally or do you see parts of yourself in them playing out their interactions with the rest of the board?

No criticism is too harsh so hit me with your best shot.

Calen Shrike - ASTC - First Year Beacon.

Saffron de Cortez - SALT - Third Year Atlas.

Amarant Lovis - (formerly of)ACCE - Headmaster of Atlas Academy

Ramalia - RASB - First Year Shade

Martian

• Been Around

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 03:05:01 AM »
Robin: "Well...I only made it to Sanctum by stowing away on an airship belonging to a Huntress that regularly visited our family. She was a teacher there, but to keep everything as discreet as possible I won't mention her name. She was a great source of inspiration for me, and supported me even though I had kinda...run away from home. *chuckles nervously*

As far as why I went to Beacon, I just thought it'd be the best fit for me personally and professionally. There's lots of opportunities for work in Vale, and it's far enough away from home where I don't feel the pressure of my old life bearing down on me. Mistral served it's purpose for me, now it's time for me to move on."

Marshal: *yawns* "...Oh! Hey, sorry 'bout that. I was just taking a quick nap.

My symbol? I'm a little fuzzy on the details, but I think it was just a strange shape I would draw sometimes as a kid. I was never much of an artist, anyway, so that was one of the only things I ever did draw if I'd just randomly be doodling. Just something about how all those incomplete shapes come together just interested me a lot. After a while, it just kinda stuck!"

Me: I absolutely put parts of myself into my characters. When I joined the old site back in early 2016, I was totally brand new to role-playing in general and didn't really have many fresh ideas for characters. Marshal is kind of almost a parody of myself, in a sense. I figured if he acted in a similar way to myself it'd be a little easier for me to make realistic reactions for him as a character. Obviously, now that I've branched out a little bit more and done stuff on other sites, I've broadened my horizons a little bit and made different character types.

As for Robin, she's actually semi-based on my irl girlfriend of seven years. She was originally playing as the character pre-reboot, but she's recently gotten swamped with vet school and hasn't had time for stuff like this. She told me to keep playing Robin in her stead, since I pretty much helped design a good share of her myself. The weapons and abilities she wields are 100% my design, but the history and personality are hers. Now that I'm starting to actually use her on the new board, I'm hoping I can keep faithful to how she would play the character.

Hope we got your questions answered :)
Marshal Oranzova- 1st Year Beacon Student, Leader of Team MARS - "Man, this is totally gonna cut into my nap."
Robin Teale- 1st Year Beacon Student, Team TRTA - "That's the most dangerous thing I've ever heard. Let's do it."

The Mythic Scribe

• Personal Text
    What sanity?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2017, 11:16:43 AM »
For Robin, do you ever regret running away? What do you think would happen if you hadn't?
Mauve Roux(1st year leader of team ROSE):“Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.”  -Simone Weil

Bianca Li(1st year member of team CBLT):"When you're the victim of the behavior, it's black and white; when you're the perpetrator, there are a million shades of gray." -Laura Schlessinger

Primrose Aster(1st year member of team BTRA):“To weep is to make less the depth of grief.”  -William Shakespeare

Cerise Carnelian(1st year member of team VCVS):"Be as you wish to seem." -Socrates

Lien Li(2nd year member of team MLDC): "To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders." -Lao Tzu

Aurora Hesperid(1st year leader of team ATLA)

Martian

• Been Around

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2017, 01:25:35 PM »
Robin: "I mean, I think about home a lot, and I'm sure my parents wonder what happened to me a lot, but I don't think I'd ever change a thing. If I hadn't left, I don't think I'd ever have been able to follow my own dreams. My parents always made decisions for my only brother and I, and whenever he'd come back home he'd tell me about how much better it had been since he'd been able to be independent.

So, in short, I miss my parents, but in my mind at the time, it was necessary to leave so I could actually be on track to do the career I always wanted."