Author Topic: Where There's Smoke... [OPEN]  (Read 13187 times)

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
Re: Where There's Smoke... [OPEN]
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2018, 11:22:04 PM »
Smokey's a little confused at his opponent's behavior, but he quickly shakes it off and continues his assault.  He has her right where he wants her, and as far as he knows there's nothing she can do about it. 

Smokey starts walking forward, forcing Jima to either hop backwards on one foot or fall on her ass, forcing her into an even worse position.  Meanwhile, 2 more heavy strikes are unleashed, one to her stomach and one to her face.

...Wait, what's that sound?

Combat Stats:
Aura:  68.0%
Immovable Object Charges Remaining:  18
IMMOVABLE OBJECT ACTIVATED: 20 SECONDS REMAINING

Attack: 2 Heavy Strikes (7% x 2)
Smokey Emberstone Beacon 1st Year and the Immovable Gunslinger of Team DASE "I've got more than enough firepower to beat you" "You've only got one bullet!" "Like I said, more than enough"

Aurelia Lumen Beacon 3rd year and the Warhorse of Team (TBD)  "Lay down your weapons, lest you wish to taste my steel!"

Wabul "Toast" Paka Shade 1st year and the Acrobatic Swashbuckler of Team (TBD)  "Hey, I'm gonna go jump off a bridge, who's with me?"

Lucas Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Hermit of Team CLVS  "What's so great about 'bittersweet'?"

Clara Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Blast Magician of Team (TBD) "No one likes just plain ol' bitter"

August Flare Beacon 1st year and the would-be ruler of the world "Join me, and witness the Brightest Future!"

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2018, 11:31:40 PM »
Jima manages to hop back and keep her balance, twisting her foot to test the his grip - rock solid. She actually manages to snap her head back to avoid the hit to the face, but the glance to the stomach hits home - but not before the roaring in the distance comes to a crescendo, the door to the training room literally being busted down as the rocket flies through. Jima manages to take advantage of the oncoming distraction to yank her leg back and roll out of the way, but not before sustaining some minor damage from flying debris of the locker.

The locker lodges itself in the opposite wall, and as Jima manage to get back to her feet, she walks over to pop the lid. Reaching inside, a fairly intimidating-looking mace is pulled out, alongside a body harness with an interesting pyramid stuck to the back - which she pulls on over her gym clothes. "If you're really so interested in seeing what I've got, then call your own and let's make this official."

Combat Stats:
Aura: 56%

Attack:
Rocket Locker (7% to all parties)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 11:37:34 PM by Moth »
Prism Skylark - Beacon First Year, Winged Sharpshooter and Leader of Team CASA (Casanova) #ffffff

Chantou Rou - Beacon First Year, Insect-Eyed Rebel of Team LGGR (Lager) #ff82a4

Albrecht Clodwal - Beacon First Year, White Knight Nice-Guy of Team CNRS (Cinerous) #00a4a4

Azre and Erza Sundown- Shade First Years, Fallen Stars of Team RASB (Raspberry) #fe2d00, #feab00

Jima Purpora - Beacon Third Year, Grimm-Obsessed Scholar of Team PLSM (Plasma) #6e3aa8

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2018, 11:42:49 PM »
It was by sheer luck the rocket locker didn't do more damage than it did.  He barely managed to scoot himself away, forced to let go of Jima, but still took a bit of damage.  It took him a few seconds to realize what exactly happened, but he figured it out once the woman pulled out a particularly nasty looking mace.

Oh, shit's getting real! 

"If you're really so interested in seeing what I've got, then call your own and let's make this official."

"Well, if you're gonna be that polite about it, guess I will." he says as he moves towards his own gym bag, deactivating his semblance as he does so.  He pulls out his scroll and inputs the coordinates.

"Since we're waiting, I don't think I caught your name."

Combat Stats:
Aura:  61.0%
Immovable Object Charges Remaining:  18
IMMOVABLE OBJECT DEACTIVATED
Smokey Emberstone Beacon 1st Year and the Immovable Gunslinger of Team DASE "I've got more than enough firepower to beat you" "You've only got one bullet!" "Like I said, more than enough"

Aurelia Lumen Beacon 3rd year and the Warhorse of Team (TBD)  "Lay down your weapons, lest you wish to taste my steel!"

Wabul "Toast" Paka Shade 1st year and the Acrobatic Swashbuckler of Team (TBD)  "Hey, I'm gonna go jump off a bridge, who's with me?"

Lucas Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Hermit of Team CLVS  "What's so great about 'bittersweet'?"

Clara Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Blast Magician of Team (TBD) "No one likes just plain ol' bitter"

August Flare Beacon 1st year and the would-be ruler of the world "Join me, and witness the Brightest Future!"

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2018, 11:48:50 PM »
Popping open a space in the neck of the mace, Jima begins loading in what appears to be shotgun rounds, before cinching an ammo belt around her waist, opening her eyes and physically glancing his way for the first time since she closed them. That creepy grin is still there, and she adds to the effect by throwing her voice so it comes from right next to him, mouthing along to the words."Jima Purpora. You'd be?"

Combat Stats:
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 12:05:42 AM by Moth »
Prism Skylark - Beacon First Year, Winged Sharpshooter and Leader of Team CASA (Casanova) #ffffff

Albrecht Clodwal - Beacon First Year, White Knight Nice-Guy of Team CNRS (Cinerous) #00a4a4

Azre and Erza Sundown- Shade First Years, Fallen Stars of Team RASB (Raspberry) #fe2d00, #feab00

Jima Purpora - Beacon Third Year, Grimm-Obsessed Scholar of Team PLSM (Plasma) #6e3aa8

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2018, 12:11:04 AM »
Smokey takes the reprieve from battle to actually look at his opponent.  She's actually...kind of hot?  Tall, long legs, toned, and ample...*ahem* tracts of land.  Not to mention he kind of digs the tattoos.

It's a shame he has to kick her ass.

Smokey looks in the direction of her voice, still not quite sure if he should address it or the physical person, but just assumes that she'll hear it no matter where he's speaking.

"Jima, huh?  Kind of a weird name, but I'm not really one to talk.  I'm Smokey Emberstone" he says back.  He doesn't really seem to be a good conversationalist. 

For the second time, a roar gets closer and closer, until the wall crashes in.  Another weapons locker slams into the wall, on the opposite side of Jima's, sending dust and debris from the first locker into the air, potentially obscuring Jima's view, depending on where it is. 

As the dust settles, Smokey emerges wearing his coat, and inside one would see a great variety of casings, cartridges and the like.  He's loading an enormous revolver, which looks more like someone put a pistol stock on the barrel of a shotgun.  After he finishes, he spins the barrel and slams it shut.

"Fair warning, this gun don't play." He slides into a ready stance.  "Welp, whenever you're ready, Miss Purpora."

Spoiler: ShowHide
If Jima peeked into Smokey's locker, she'd see a secondary locked container inside, engraved Good News

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2018, 12:20:00 AM »
"Smokey, huh?" Jima considers the name, before managing to kick off the wall to land on the locker, taking a step across to stand on the rim of his, looking down at her opponent and spinning the mace in one hand. With her overhead vision, she notes the secondary locker inside the first - she'll need to anticipate a second weapon at some point."With a name like that, I'm pretty sure this match is gonna get pretty hot."

The mace ends up right in front of his face, and the head opens up with a click - a scattered shotgun blast aimed right for his face - aiming to do damage and hopefully temporarily blind him with the flash. Starting the round off with a bang, she grins again before leaping backwards off the lockers before he can grapple with her again.

Combat Stats:

Attacks:
Scattered Shotgun Blast (10%)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 12:26:52 AM by Moth »

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2018, 12:35:00 AM »
Smokey activates his semblance immediately, a different approach from when they were fighting hand-to-hand.  He attempts to shove her mace away from his face, and is partially successful, managing to keep the blast away from his dominant eye, but still takes the full brunt of the blast. 

In return, he raises his own weapon, aimed at her feet, and fires a round enhanced with ice dust.  The game may have changed slightly, but his tactics are still the same:  Cut down his opponent's mobility!

"Maybe you should chill out, then" he says in return to the initial pun. 

Combat Stats:
Aura:  51.0%
Immovable Object Charges Remaining:  17
IMMOVABLE OBJECT ACTIVATED: 25 SECONDS REMAINING
Matchstick Rounds:  6/7
Fire Dust: 3/3
Ice Dust: 2/3

Attack: Matchstick Round (15% + 3% ICE)

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2018, 12:47:17 AM »
Jima grins at the pun, barely leaping out of the way with a roll to come back up giggling at the bad pun. It'd almost be cute, if it weren't for the fact she's retaliating with her own shot as she moves to rapidly circle him. Managing to close the distance in a short period of time, the head of the mace closes back up, before it literally falls off the handle and dangling by a chain, the spiked head flying for his face now. "Chill out, c'mon, you already know I'm plenty cool!"

Combat Stats:
Goliath Rounds: 3/5
Morningstar Mode Active

Attacks:
Scattered Shotgun Blasts (10%)
Mace-to-the-Face (8%)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 12:51:16 AM by Moth »

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2018, 01:11:42 AM »
Smokey quickly strafes as he fires another shot, trying to pin her down so he can pull out Matchstick's full power. Unfortunately, she's far more agile than he is, and he can't dodge her shotgun blasts. 

But Jima makes another mistake:  she sends her flail at him.  He watches as the spiked ball and chain come careening towards his face, and he holds out his hand.  But he's not trying to block it.  He's trying to grab the chain. 

The flail collides into Smokey, but immediately loses all momentum, as Goliath's target can't be moved.  With the chain wrapped around his hand, it doesn't look like the mace will be moving for a bit, either.

Combat Stats:
Aura:  33.0%
IMMOVABLE OBJECT ACTIVATED: 20 SECONDS REMAINING
Matchstick Rounds:  5/7
Ice Dust: 1/3

Attack: Matchstick Round (15% + 3% ICE)

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2018, 01:20:38 AM »
Barely avoiding his next shotgun blast and with Smokey nabbing Goliath's chain, Jima's smile goes tense for a moment - she should really know better by now. She immediately lets go of Goliath - better to let him have it then to be pinned again - and backpedals across the room. The pile of weights next to her though gives her an idea, and without losing her momentum, she shifts to pick up two. They're tossed into the air, and with two aura-charged kicks, launched at her opponent from halfway across the room.

Combat Stats:

Attacks:
25lb Launched Weights (5% x 2)

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2018, 01:50:53 AM »
As Jima drops her weapon, Smokey frowns slightly.  She played it smart, if she had held onto it, Smokey would've reeled her in for a point-blank meeting with Matchstick's secondary form.  But victory is still close.  She has to be getting desperate.

Smokey calmly advances towards his opponent, even as she launches heavy weights at him.  He swings his flail at the projectiles, in an attempt to knock them out of the sky.  It's clumsy, and he only manages to knock one off course, but Smokey has effectively dodged for the first time this entire fight.  The other weight collides into him, but it just bounces off to seemingly little effect. 

"So, I figure I should give you a chance to surrender," he says as he starts to reload his gun.  "I've got your weapon, which means I've got you outgunned.  So, you can keep trying to fling discs at me, because that's clearly working, until I inevitably pin you down again.  Or you could give up, get your weapon back, and spare yourself the trouble of explaining how a 'little first year' sent you to the infirmary."  Smokey presses a button on his gun, shifting Matchstick into its secondary form.  "So, what's it gonna be."  Smokey levels the 7 barrels towards Jima.

Combat Stats:
Aura:  30.5%
IMMOVABLE OBJECT ACTIVATED: 15 SECONDS REMAINING
Matchstick Rounds:  7/7

Attack: (Threatening) 7 round volley (More than you have%)

(OOC: If you decline, Smokey won't fire, it'd just waste his ammo and give Jima a counterattack opportunity.)

« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 01:53:19 AM by ReaperJoe »

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2018, 02:09:19 AM »
"You know, that little part is literal. I'm like, 6 inches taller than you." Staring down the barrel of a gun aimed at her, Jima seems remarkably nonplussed. "Besides that, I'm calling your bluff. That gun reloads one at a time, it's just a waste of ammo. Furthermore, believe it or not, I'm fairly sure you're actually having fun with this. Do you really want it to end, just like that?" She actually offers him a fairly nice smile, blinking a bit owlishly down at him. Appeal to his better nature. See if he wants to keep this game going.

And most importantly, bait out that annoyingly-long semblance so you can get your goddamn mace back.

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2018, 11:28:06 PM »
Smokey starts to snarl at the jab at his height, but shakes it off.  Don't fall for it he thinks to himself.  He may not know what cards the woman is trying to play, but he knows he has the better hand.  He continues slowly advancing, trying to push Jima into a corner with the threat of his gun.

"It's only a waste of ammo if I miss, and I don't know if you've noticed, but I'm holding the second-biggest gun in Beacon* ** right here.  You really wanna take your chances on a bluff?" he asks, gesturing to the 7-barreled volley gun.  "On top of that, I'm pretty sure you ain't got any more tricks.  I mean, it's pretty obvious you're just trying to stall out my semblance.  Hell, even if it did fall, what would you do then?  I still have your weapon, remember?"

What he's not saying is that he's almost out of tricks himself, not that he had that many to begin with.  That being said, even the most hardened warrior should have second thoughts when staring down Matchstick.  It's time for a test of nerves.

Combat Stats:
Aura:  30.5%
IMMOVABLE OBJECT ACTIVATED: 10 SECONDS REMAINING
Matchstick Rounds:  7/7

Attack: (Threatening) 7 round volley (No really, are you sure you want to test this?%)

Spoiler: ShowHide
*The first being Good News
**probably an exaggeration, but it is most definitely big
Also, just in case you're curious about the actual damage output that I'm planning on using for Matchstick's volley form
(40% in AoE of 30ft Cone) or if at point blank (15% x 7, single target)
  Some footnotes that might be of interest

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2018, 12:03:25 AM »
Jima doesn't bother backing up - instead her grin only gets wider as she looks down at him, actually stretching one arm up over her head as if it's the perfect time to calm down from a workout. What Smokey wouldn't be able to see is her fiddling with the clasp of the Grab n' Go on her back, prepping it to drop out of it's harness - if she can whip it around in time and get it against him, she'd be able to pin him to - well, something. "You don't know everything about me Smokey, even if you did check me out pretty thoroughly earlier. Don't think that didn't just slip past me. Besides that, do you really want to hurt me? We both know that gun will shred me, and I don't think you exactly want to put me in the infirmary. I mean like, seriously. We've fucked up the weight room. I don't think we need to pain the janitors with blood on the walls."

Combat Stats:

Attacks:
Grab n' Go (preparatory)

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2018, 12:41:13 AM »
Jima's behavior and words spark a number of feelings in Smokey.  Much of those are confusion.  Some of it is embarrassment.  But the most dominant emotion?
"We both know that gun will shred me"

Guilt.  Smokey looked down at the gun in his hands.  It was the gun he and his father built to slay monsters and protect people.  Yet here he was, pointing it at someone who had done nothing wrong.  "You may win the fight, but the Grimm will win the war" Smokey mumbles under his breath, a saying his father had repeated to him many times as a child.   Smokey needed to stop this.

Smokey's eyes snapped back to Jima's, cold as steel, and his finger squeezed the trigger.  Seven simultaneous KA-KOOMs blasted the hearing of any around...

To her left, Jima would see the wall behind her had undergone a significant redecoration in the last half-second: one that had put great emphasis on fist-sized holes.

"Ya know, for the life of me, I can't tell if you have nerves o' steel, or if you seriously thought you could take that!  Just in case, I figured I'd let you off with a warning this time," Smokey half-shouts.  The glow from his semblance dissipates into a cloud of smoke, and he's extending the handle of Goliath forward.  It appears he's offering a truce.

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400