Author Topic: Bombs over Vale [Open]  (Read 16930 times)

snaketicus

Re: Bombs over Vale [Open]
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2016, 10:02:32 PM »
Deleted
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 10:51:53 AM by sucitekans »

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    Infinite ADHD Asperger's physicist monkeys
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2016, 05:58:09 AM »
Brock had been in the process of walking back to Beacon from the docks, taking one of his many routes. The air was slightly cool, pleasant to stroll in. He wasn't really thinking of anything, just letting his gaze aimlessly wonder over the sights abd sounds of his surroundings. Until something caught - no, assaulted - his attention; a bright flash of light from a building on the other side of the bridges going out of the commercial district. Several windows seemed to be made entirely of fire for a split second - at least, until they shattered outward, surfing on a shockwave few could have genuinely seen.

The sound made its way through the environment, not really caring what or who was in the way, merely seeking to distribute the energy over an ever-increasing volume. The pressure wave washed over Brock, nearly busting his eardrums and making him curse under his breath. Screams erupted from everywhere close enough to be rocked by the blast, a fitting reply to the chaos that had unfolded. The crowd started running away from the epicenter as the building collapsed, no longer capable of suporting its own weight. Not even thinking, Brock started to run against the flow of people, his large stature making others give him a wide berth as well as alloeing him to easily withstand the pressure exerted onto him by those who brushed - or straight up ran - against him.

A second hellfire was birthed in another nearby home, producing equally horrifying results on all accounts - although the building decided to mostly stay up, this time.

The tall boy arrived on the scene a few seconds later, immediately going as close to the wreckage as possible without endangering the life of possible survivors. Taking a big whiff of air while trying to not choke on dust, he yelled "Hey, can anyone hear me? Yell or moan as loud as you can so I can get to you!"
Characters: ShowHide
Nathan Eau, De Facto Jetpack Guy and Leader of Team INKK
Camelia Sol, Miss Magnetic Personality and Leader of Team CAST
Anna Fall, Insightful Visionary of Team ASTC
Brock Greenwood, Human Titan of Team DGTL
Helena Chlophyll, Ray of Sunshine of Team CHES
Scarlett/Corinth,Korynn,etc. Briggart/Topaz (In the works)
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Maena Nadir, Coherent Beam of Team SSMR
Europa/Encela(dus)/Io/Callisto/Calypso (In the works)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"Some goddamn bullshit, Invictus Omega"
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"I swear it's not my fault"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Timeworker

• Personal Text
    Natus es angelorum morientur gehennam ignis
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2016, 07:46:47 AM »
It had been a beautiful day, the birds were singing, the sun was shining and Xavier was on his merry way to his customer's home after a long day at the shop. He had finally made some progress in an invention that had been bothering him for ages. Yes, today was a good day. It was such a good day that Xavier hadn't had his bugs out. Maybe if it hadn't been such a great day he would have seen the bomb. He would've foreseen the consequences that were about to lay waste to vale. However hindsight is twenty-twenty and unfortunately unchangeable.

Walking into a building Xavier had a view errands to run. Some things to drop off, some inventions to sell. While he waited for the clerk to run the security checks as he was allowed upstairs.Room 117 right? I wonder what type of customer needs a super vacume. Like sure re-engineering a zoomba wasn't that hard but seriously how lazy do you have to be to need a robot to clean for you?As he walked the hallway towards the buyer's room he passed a small family. A man, a woman, and a playful daughter currently pretending she was the pilot of an airship. Xavier couldn't help but smile as he watched the family go by. He was certain she would become the best pilot in Vale someday.
It was 2 steps after he passed them that he noticed the package at the door beside his destination. Out of slight curiosity he let one of his bugs scan the package so he could play "guess whats inside the box"!. Sure it wasn't legal but who would know right? That's when saw the signature inside the box. I need to get the fuck out of dodge right n- That was the moment he remembered the family he passed. They had no idea what was about to happen. Turning around and screaming he ran for them activating his force field gadget he sprinted down the hallway.  "GET DOW-"

BOOM

Xavier felt the blast tear through the entire building. It broke down his force field as it took most of the shock wave, using his aura to protect the family from the rest of the blast. Ruble came tumbling down like rain as the ceiling collapsed on them. Pushing past the deafening ringing in his ears he held his arms up to meet the collapsing ceiling with his unbreakable strength. Through sheer strength and a little bit of luck he stopped the ceiling from crushing him and the civilians. They were trapped under a pile of ruble with Xavier keeping it up. Looking around to see if the family had made it he saw their unconscious forms breathing lightly. "Thank*wheeze*God*wheeze*" he coughed out  while trying to catch his breath. A groan from the ceiling was all the warning he had before an immense pain shot through him and the weight on his arms increased. Buckling slightly under the weight Xavier struggled to keep himself up but steadied his body against the burden. He couldn't even begin to estimate how long he could keep this up for but one thing was for certain, he needed help and he needed it yesterday.

Disoriented and immobile all Xavier could do for now was stand there and wait for help with the weight of the world on his shoulders.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 08:04:28 AM by Timeworker »
Griz Blancard 1st Year Student at Beacon"I need a nap"
Dorothy Burgundy 3rd Year Shade, Elite Scavenger "Treasure is everywhere, you just need to know where to look!"
Xavier Cendres2nd year Beacon "Everything can be solved with a wrench, screwdriver, and a whole lot of time"

Vahn

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2016, 09:05:08 AM »
Vahn looks at the destruction as he runs, shouts and tries to direct anyone to an area that hasn't been effected by the explosions.   "Keep calm!  Keep your distance from the buildings!  Head East!"    He repeated while ignoring his own words.

"I can't do this alone... " He thought as he place two fingers on the left side of his headgear.  He had a feeling communications would be flooded but he had to do something.  While trying to get in contact with the authorities, he notice someone limping with a sword as her support.  He ends the call and offer her his shoulders.  "Come on, we have to go."
Freelancer: Vahn Crimson ~ Wannabe Hunter, Grimm researcher, Protector

Janus Rogo

• Global Moderator
  • Been Around

• Senior Staff

• Personal Text
    Corporal Moneybags to you
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2016, 09:29:20 PM »
Janus was frowning before the student had leveled the revolver at him. He'd been frowning before the mental breakdown. Hell, Janus had started frowning hours ago, but it set further down when the bombs went off. The stated plan hadn't called for them to be that size. They were supposed to have bee-hell they'd felt like small, weak charges in those cases. He hadn't opened them, though. Maybe that would've clued him in to the full scale of the operation.

He could've charged way more.

-or-

He could've not blown up a bunch of-

No time for that now, the mercenary thought to himself, coming back to the present. He found himself down the street from the explosion. As he'd expected, students and Huntsmen were flocking towards the rubble. Any one of them could glance over here and catch the two of them. He needed to end this, quickly, and quietly. When the boy finally snapped his hand up, Janus had subtly shifted his stance. There was no need to kill the kid. He definitely hadn't been prepared for this. He hadn't been there before.

Damn. He'd made another.

Janus' hand, fueled by decades of training and experience, boosted by his semblance, snapped up to the revolver. The downside to using one of its size was the hammer gap. That gap found itself blocked by Janus' thumb. Nothing fired. The older Mercenary stepped inward, wrenching the younger man's hand down and to the side. Another burst of his semblance shot the both of them up in the air. He felt Fionns head smash into his shoulder from the acceleration. Shouldn't cause a concussion.... He tossed him on the roof of an apartment building even further down the street. Some 6 or 700 feet between them and the chaos. The older mercenary shook his head, swinging the cylinder for the revolver out and dumping the rounds before tossing it back to Fionn.

"Yeah, kid, you're not entirely wrong. I knew they were bombs. I didn't expect that, though." he said, gesturing over his shoulder as the smoke rose. He could hear the sirens in the distance. "They should've been much smaller. Oh, you didn't kill anyone, either. You should've figured you were going to, though. Just....", there he paused, sighed almost imperceptibly. "Look, kid, don't let this shit eat at you. I had an idea what was coming. You didn't. You got played. Own that, learn from the failure, and move on with your life. Don't bottle the shit in."

He tugged his weapons out of his duffel and thew the empty bag aside. Red Tyrant snapped together as he reached up and tugged off the fake beard. Now he was readily recognizable. The Butcher, yet again.

"Trust me, you don't want to go there. Right now, I guarantee some of the other students are digging into the rubble, trying to save people.", he said matter of factly. "Go help them. Save some of those poor folks I just tried to kill. Cloak yourself and rabbit out of the area. Or, try and stop me, I guess. I won't kill you, but it'll hurt. If anyone gets wise, tell them it was me. I lied to you, led you on, and got everyone killed. You wouldn't be wrong."

With a hard grin, Janus shrugged, stepped back, and rocketed off into the air, heading up and away from the explosions.

EdgeyReyes

• Personal Text
    Die die die
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2016, 07:17:32 AM »
Solaris was enjoying the Hallow's Even festival, some time away from Atlas was good and she couldn't help but smile as the festival went around her, by her side smaller girl then herself was wearing a witches costume and joining in pictures with kids and their costumes. Quite a few of the kids thought she looked like a cool knight, her armor plus some fake pieces to drive the idea of a knight home, no helmet, though. The explosion went off, she felt the shockwave but didn't get knocked off of her feet thanks to the distance. At this point, she immediately ripped off the fake pieces of armor and ran towards the building.

The girl beside her could only stare at the explosion. She stopped and helped some of the people get to a safer distance who were knocked around by the blasts explosion, Solaris noticed something in her vision as she saw two people dressed in black heading towards the building rooftop. She didn't pursue them because there were people that needed help, throwing those who were having trouble walking onto her shoulder before bringing them to a safe distance and having the girl who was with her help those with the little medical knowledge that she possessed. Solaris laid her cape onto the girl who was with her and told her to say safe.

She looked back at the building and started to move through the rubble listening for voices and using her strength and sword to pry those who were still breathing out of the rubble.
Atlas: ShowHide

Solaris Star - Atlesian Special Forces

Aegis Guard - First Year Atlas Student

Iris Ares - Fourth Year Atlas Student

Vale: ShowHide

Akeldama Blood-Heart - First Year Beacon Student

Linh Li "Mythos Laurenstine - Second year Beacon Student

Kellenredx

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    Does a lot of things and is bad at all of them.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2016, 03:59:13 PM »
Zwei knew that he wasn't qualified to give any sort of medical care beyond the absolute basics, he tried to force himself to remember but his adrenaline-filled mind refused to cooperate. In the back of what thoughts he had, there was a nagging doubt that wouldn't leave, —this was far different from any of the drills he had done— and though he might never admit it, he was afraid. Regardless he urged himself onward, muscles straining as he did so, as he was trying to assure himself that he was nearly at the wreckage, his thought was abruptly ended by a different voice, this one sounding less panicked than the others.

"Hello?!"

He scanned the area, he could tell that the call had been directed towards him, although he didn't know the reason for the call, he resumed his running, this time towards the call. With his speed and the already close distance between them, Zwei found himself next to a girl, a student of some sort he assumed by the weapon she was using to hold herself upright.

"D-do you need my help?" he stumbled awkwardly with his words, despite his want to assist, his lack of training was quite obvious and although the metal mask he wore over his face lacked any expression and might have made him look calm, his nervousness was still quite apparent by his wide-eyed, fidgety demeanor. He seemed to have focused too much as Zwei hadn't even noticed the other student already offering to help her.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 05:47:03 PM by Kellenredx »
Zwei Carter "You wanted me back, so I'm back!"
Zwei had his name a year before the dog existed in the show by the way.

Swordslinger

• Been Around

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2016, 05:52:51 PM »
Camille looked to the newcomer, specifically, the one who as a tad bit more nervous then the other. "....Thank you." She said, then glanced at his metal mask.

"...Are you a vigilante?" She asked, clutching her arm.

snaketicus

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2016, 07:22:59 PM »
Deleted
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 10:52:18 AM by sucitekans »

Timeworker

• Personal Text
    Natus es angelorum morientur gehennam ignis
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2016, 09:03:12 PM »
Xavier stood their holding up the building as sweat began to build up on his brow. He was almost at his limit. His aura had not been broken completely by the blast but the little that remained was quickly consumed to hold up the ceiling. There was no way he could hold up the entire thing before help came. His gadgets crushed under various piles of rubble Xavier sighed deeply. Is this how it ends? Forgotten under a pile of rubble with no one to hear his final words? For his inventions to rust away to the dust of time? He looked around at the small space he was trapped in with 3 bodies lying on the floor unconscious.

Right…they’re the reason I’m doing this…if I can buy them a few more seconds…a few more moments then this will be worth it.

However before he could brood any longer a small voice pierced the roaring chaos.

“Mister what’s wrong with mommy and daddy?”
Xavier’s eyes widened as the little girl stood up and walked towards him with teary innocent eyes. Of course, she was the one who she had covered the most during the blast.
“Hey-”
“Marceline.”
“-Marceline, I am going to need you to be a big girl for me. Your mommy and daddy are taking a little bit of a nap right now so I am going to need you to do me a BIG favour. I need you to grab that small black container on the floor over there and put it inside a special slot I am on my arm for me ok?”
The little girl nodded in understanding as she put the container into the slot with shaky shock ridden hands. Xavier felt the rush of power as his semblance was powered up. It was only by god’s miracle that his foci that he had purchased from Beacon weren’t crushed in the explosion. Flame coated his arms as two columns of fire burst through the ceiling of the space that kept them hostage. The girl looked up with wide eyes as the debris was obliterated. Not taking a second to think Xavier picked up the girl, frail in his giant metal arms he rocketed through the hole created in the ceiling. Charging through an open window Xavier went airborne. Digging his arm into the side of the building bricks and mortar flew in every direction as he slid down. The girl’s screams almost drowned out his as he experienced pain beyond belief. The connection between his arms and his body strained as he felt like he was being ripped apart. Setting the girl down Xavier scaled the building using his immense strength to go back for the two parents. Taking one last glance at the girl he could have sworn he saw the ghost of inspiration in her eyes.

Rushing back into the inferno Xavier dove back into the pit. Carefully putting the man, who was nearly back to consciousness in his arms, Xavier went to retrieve the wife when tragedy struck. A loud screech of steel pierced the air and a beam crushed her lower half pinning her under twisted metal. Xavier had held out his arm and stopped a second beam from crushing her head. Not good…I cant save both of them.

“Leave me…I’m done for hunter..”

She was conscious, Xavier looked up with wide eyes as she spoke. A few moments of silence passed before another screech of metal resounded throughout the small enclosure. This time it was Xavier, he had ripped off his left arm with his right arm and placed it to brace the falling beam. Destroyed wires and metal protruded from the shredded stump that was his left arm.
No time to explain he jumped out of the room with the man. Laying him on the concrete below he barely had time to catch his breath before Xavier found himself charging towards the building again. Using a blast of flame from a semblance enhanced mouth Xavier made it back up the building. When he returned to get her he saw her looking at his left bionic arm that stood between her and her death.

"Please, tell my daughter I love her and tell my husband that I'm sorry I couldn't be there more for him...he deserved much better than this..."

Xavier dipped down to her prone form, wiping her tear soaked cheeks.
“No, uh uh, this is not how it's going to go down. You are going to get the FUCK UP and go down to your daughter yourself. You're going to go down to her and you are going to HOLD her. You are going to tell her how much you LOVE her yourself. You have had it easy all your life. You have a loving husband who cares for you and a daughter who adores you. I will not let you just throw that all away just because you didn’t feel like for FIGHTING FOR ONCE IN YOUR GODDAMN LIFE…please…do it for her…”

Xavier didn’t know if he was yelling at the women or his own mother. He knew what it felt like to have parents who abandoned you. He was damned if he was going to let this women just through her life away. When he refocused he saw the women pushing on the rod that entrapped her leg. Xavier smiled…that’s more like it. Using his strength he ripped the bar from off her and charged out of the building once more. As he left the rest of the structure collapsed, claiming his left arm.

Paramedics who went to work to keep her alive took the mother away. Marceline came up to him and gave him a big hug calling him a hero. Kneeling down to her level he patted her head.

“No Marceline you helped me out when I needed it the most and I owe you my life. You saved the day deputy hero. Now I need you to be strong for your mommy and daddy too. The next few months are going to be hard but I need you to show them the strength you showed me.” he finished with a mock salute of his only working arm. Xavier pulled out one his clockwork bugs and pinned in her hair. It looked like a lovely broach, the girl looked like she was on the verge of tears. Pulling her into another gentle hug, careful not to crush her he whispered.
"There there it's ok to cry. Everything is going to be ok."

It was this time that Xavier heard a large snap of a camera going off. Of course this was going to be front-page news. They were going to look for photos. Insensitive bastards. Those were the last words he said under his breath before he charged back into the chaos. It would take more than a torn off limb and broken aura to keep him out of this fight.

(OOC: Sorry everyone for cutting post any order there might have been but this should give everyone something to do)

[spoiler=How this affects you]
Sent to:Fionn Macgorm Brock Greenwood Zwei Carter Camille Alyssandra Vahn Crimson
Turns out while he was standing there, Xavier's bugs did quite a job.
Xavier has sent his bugs (or what remains of them) to everybody's scroll with a 3-D map of the building including a detailed diagram of where the damage is most likely to have affected. There are rooms where people are trapped labeled marked in green and rooms/routes that are completely destroyed marked in red. The entire diagram extremely detailed and would help speed up the relief effort. It was also constantly being updated as Xavier's bugs found more obstacles and more victims. A message was also attached "No more excuses hunters in training, I have paved the road for you now GET TO WORK AND SAVE SOME PEOPLE"
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 09:21:12 PM by Timeworker »
Griz Blancard 1st Year Student at Beacon"I need a nap"
Dorothy Burgundy 3rd Year Shade, Elite Scavenger "Treasure is everywhere, you just need to know where to look!"
Xavier Cendres2nd year Beacon "Everything can be solved with a wrench, screwdriver, and a whole lot of time"

Vahn

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2016, 01:43:59 AM »
Vahn wince at the new name he was given, even though it was true.  "I doubt that matters right now.  Now we should get you out of here before another explosion goes off."  He tries to help her walk.

"The name's Vahn, just in case you wanted a name behind the mask."
Freelancer: Vahn Crimson ~ Wannabe Hunter, Grimm researcher, Protector

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    Forgive me for what I must yabba dabba do
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2016, 02:51:53 AM »
(there's no posting order unless you make one)
Atlas: ShowHide
Mercenary: Kol Augur ~ The Judicator of Atlas
Speaking: #5C5054 Thinking: #EAC117

Mistral: ShowHide
Huntress-in-Training: Aca Roth ~ Member of Team RWND
Speaking: #E05260 Thinking: #EA857F
Huntress-in-Training: Brook Pallas ~ Member of Team CNBR
Speaking: #4863A0 Thinking: #98AFC7
Council Member: Phaedo Katsaros ~ Figurehead for Faunus/Human relations
Speaking: #667C26 Thinking: #B6CC76

Vacuo: ShowHide
40th Vytal Tournament Champion: Zabar Aga ~ Member of Team DAWN
Speaking: #CD7F32 Thinking: #EE9A4D

Vale: ShowHide
Huntress: Malina Nahualli-Roth ~ Leader of Team MCCA
Speaking: #993A64 Thinking: #8B0C44
Beacon Professor: Titania Printemps ~ Assistant Headmistress of Beacon Academy
Speaking: #4AA02C Thinking: #E55B3C
Drop-out: Durian Ghede ~ Former leader of team DFDL
Speaking: #E1BD27 Thinking: #AF8B00

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    Infinite ADHD Asperger's physicist monkeys
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2016, 05:06:35 AM »
As Brock looked over the ruins without stepping in, moderately afraid that he'd make the entire thing come down on survivors, his scroll let out a powerful vibration. Reaching into one of his many, many pockets, he grabbed the thin piece of tech and opened it.

Wow. What the hell? There was a diagram of the entire building, apparently being constantly updated, that very precisely indicated where stuff like people and utter wreckage was. Neat.

Giving the scroll one last look, Brock headed to the nearest green section and started to methodically clear everyone out.
Characters: ShowHide
Nathan Eau, De Facto Jetpack Guy and Leader of Team INKK
Camelia Sol, Miss Magnetic Personality and Leader of Team CAST
Anna Fall, Insightful Visionary of Team ASTC
Brock Greenwood, Human Titan of Team DGTL
Helena Chlophyll, Ray of Sunshine of Team CHES
Scarlett/Corinth,Korynn,etc. Briggart/Topaz (In the works)
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Maena Nadir, Coherent Beam of Team SSMR
Europa/Encela(dus)/Io/Callisto/Calypso (In the works)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"Some goddamn bullshit, Invictus Omega"
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"I swear it's not my fault"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Kellenredx

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    Does a lot of things and is bad at all of them.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2016, 04:02:53 PM »
It took him a moment to calm down but after a moment he finally realized that the one who had called out was already receiving help from some...strange masked fellow. He certainly didn't recognize him but his chest suddenly felt a lot lighter now, knowing that at least one person was fine, he let out a deep sigh, failing to vent the stress from his body he simply shook his head to refocus himself and continued his run to the scene of the event.

Zwei didn't make it very far, however. There was a strange jitter in his pocket, a strange writhing near his scroll that was so alien and unexpected that he thrust his hand and pulled out the device without thinking as he came to a stop. The map that unfolded before his eyes stunned him at the level of detail, how would anyone even make this so quickly? Zwei shook his head to ward off his wandering thoughts as he read the message at the bottom. "I really hope this thing is good enough to double as a hard-hat" he commented as he knocked on the metal forehead of his mask before beginning to seek an entryway into the collapsed building. Zwei was certainly there to help but he wasn't suicidal and he shuddered at the thought of himself being found with a piece of rebar through his back.
Zwei Carter "You wanted me back, so I'm back!"
Zwei had his name a year before the dog existed in the show by the way.

Swordslinger

• Been Around

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2016, 08:33:43 PM »
"Camille."

Okay, great. Now she had somebody with her...granted, it was some guy in a mask, but progress is progress. Forcing her body to stand upright and ignoring the offered hand, she turned to this...Vahn, "Do you know where the bombing started?"