Author Topic: Fourth Year 1v1 Final Round: Uken V Fionn[Limited: 2/8]  (Read 9915 times)

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    Forgive me for what I must yabba dabba do
    • View Profile
Fourth Year 1v1 Final Round: Uken V Fionn[Limited: 2/8]
« on: September 28, 2016, 02:26:56 PM »
"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!" A Booming and energetic voice explodes through the speakers set up around the enormous stadium. A deep and gravely voice, like someone who spent too much time smoking and decided now would be a good time to start screaming for their entire life. "WELCOME TO THE VYTAL FESTIVAL'S FINAL ROUND OF third year 1v1!" The crowd erupted into a ceremonious cheer, whoops and hollers came from all corners of Remnant as people tuned into the match from home. "I AM YOUR ANNOUNCER, VULCO DENTRES, LET'S GET DOWN TO BUSINESS YOU F ҉   ҉ KER!" A loud, annoying BEEEP filled the arena. Of course, this of all events was kid friendly. "ANYWAY, ONTO THE COMBAT! PREPARE YOURSELVES, IN THIS FINAL ROUND, WE'VE GOT TWO STUDENTS FROM BEACON- THERE HAS BEEN A CRIMINAL LACK OF HAVEN STUDENTS- OUR FIRST COMBATANT IS UKEN TAKEDA! OUR SECOND COMBATANT IS FIONN MACGORM BOTH OF THESE COMBATANTS HAVE PREFORMED AMAZINGLY THUS FAR, LET'S SEE IF THEY CAN KEEP IT UP! ENOUGH ABOUT THEM, LET'S GO TO THE ENVIRONMENTAL SPINNER! DEREK, YOU'D BETTER HAVE IT LAND ON SOMETHING INTERESTING THIS TIME! .... IT'S RANDOM!?" The crowed cheered, signalling the beginning of the end for the third year 2v2 rounds.

A large holographic image of a lottery machine appears on all sides of the arena, with two spinners. The spinners spun so quickly, making it nearly impossible to make out the passing words. It ticked through the options slower and slower until it finally stopped on Geyser and Forest.

"DEREK! WHAT DID I F ҉   ҉ KING SAY?!"

The floor of the arena lowered and, in its place, arose two new floors. Uken's half became a craggy landscape, full of geysers shooting out steam at random intervals, meanwhile Fionn's side became a sparsely packed forest, complete with things like trees and leaves and grass- amazing.

Just then, the doors on each side of the arena opened and, from them, out strolled the combatants.

(A coin flip decided Fionn gets the first post. The arena size is that of the 1v1 arena in the show, and features scaled down biomes. Good luck, contestants.)
Atlas: ShowHide
Mercenary: Kol Augur ~ The Judicator of Atlas
Speaking: #5C5054 Thinking: #EAC117

Mistral: ShowHide
Huntress-in-Training: Aca Roth ~ Member of Team RWND
Speaking: #E05260 Thinking: #EA857F
Huntress-in-Training: Brook Pallas ~ Member of Team CNBR
Speaking: #4863A0 Thinking: #98AFC7
Council Member: Phaedo Katsaros ~ Figurehead for Faunus/Human relations
Speaking: #667C26 Thinking: #B6CC76

Vacuo: ShowHide
40th Vytal Tournament Champion: Zabar Aga ~ Member of Team DAWN
Speaking: #CD7F32 Thinking: #EE9A4D

Vale: ShowHide
Huntress: Malina Nahualli-Roth ~ Leader of Team MCCA
Speaking: #993A64 Thinking: #8B0C44
Beacon Professor: Titania Printemps ~ Assistant Headmistress of Beacon Academy
Speaking: #4AA02C Thinking: #E55B3C
Drop-out: Durian Ghede ~ Former leader of team DFDL
Speaking: #E1BD27 Thinking: #AF8B00

snaketicus

Re: Fourth Year 1v1 Final Round: Uken V Fionn[Limited: 2/8]
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 08:20:06 PM »
Smoke enters the lungs. This is the purpose of airborne substances, poisonous or not; to enter the lungs. The man dragged long and hard on the cigarette, pulling back the powdered tobacco ash into his body. He could feel an instant rush of calm and cool across his mind. It was cold here inside of his waiting room, the jacket on his shoulders a kind warmth. Fionn could hear even now the babbling of the announcer as he tried to stir the crowd towards excitement and mania. Barely a few moments later he could hear the same frenzied man scream and curse at some unknown other. Sighing, he watched as the doors opened. The light shining through burned his eyes for but a moment as a lush and gorgeous forest appeared before him.

His cigarette had burnt down, damn.

Lighting another stick of one hundred percent pure Remnant-grown cancer he walked out into the arena, his boots crunching upon the grass. He began to survey his surroundings, eyeing up potential places to run and hide as his enemy would approach. Deciding he wanted a taste of what his enemy was capable of Fionn walked and walked, his feet taking him towards the edge of Uken's side.  The forest around him felt strangely calming to be inside of, he had always liked the trees.

"Hello, friend." Fionn said in a flat and threatening monotone. The man stared across the edge of the forest at his opponent, the weight of his sword and pistol a calming thing. Fionn was a dirty and dishonourable fighter and would take advantage of anything to win. He began to wait, hoping to see his enemy strike first. He needed to understand how they fought and why they were effective if he was to win. Cracking his knuckles, he began to wonder silently why he entered this competition in this first place.

LuckyStar

• Personal Text
    Licky Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 01:30:55 AM »
Uken couldn't help but have a bit of a laugh when he was listening to the announcer. He steps on the field and sees lush green forest further away, but his side was craggy warm ground with holes, steam shot out one in the corner of his eye. He heard Vulcan say Geysers and makes the educated guess his side is full of them scattered like mines. He wonders how he could use both sides to his advantage and it does not take long to see his opponent, Fionn Macgorm.

He takes a bit to analysize his current opposition. Definitely taller than him, most men are. Definitely a bit more bulkier than him. He brandish Qing Song, its black blade simmers in stadium light. He raised it in front of him with two hands. Mu was on his side, ready to be drawn if required. He digs his feet into the craggy surface to get a feel on the type of terrain he is on. Uken's signature straw hat was no where to be seen. He left it behind the doors. 

He watches Fionn approaches the border of his segment and hears a threat, though it was just flat and monotone, he could sense it. Uken found Fionn to be a bit too relaxed where he stood. Uken switches his katana's position to his side, still holding on with two hands.
"Why hello," Uken smiled, showing no interest in making the first move. To him it looks like it is going to be a test of will.
I luv my CC: ShowHide
 2nd Year Roaring Tiger Cidrine Laohu

2nd Year Flower Mechanic Sakura Lunciar - Proudly HRMS

3rd Year Aurora Beats Aurelia Hestia

3rd Year Demon Cat Kelly Green - Proudly DVGS(hopefully0

4th Year Butterfly Samurai Uken Takeda -

Fisherman, Florist, Sniper Thurn Gassenwald - "I'm hooked on a feeling!"

Hunter, Doctor, Lawyer, Goddess of Victory Nike Fortunato -"Please stop calling me the Goddess of Victory..."

snaketicus

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2016, 12:30:43 AM »
Every motion, every flinch, caught in Fionn's eye. He looked out across the craggy surface of the arena upon his opponent, simply analysing anything he could. Smoke from his cigarette floated up in the air, unhindered by wind. He thought of the forest behind him, the wide woods, and thought up his plans of escape. At the slightest flinch he'd be able to run away and hide with seconds to spare. The craggy land in front of him could prove useful as well should he use his height and range as an advantage, though he didn't want to risk anything. At current he didn't know half enough about his opponent to try anything.

All he knew is that his enemy bore a black blade, short but strong. Fionn's own greatsword could keep the man at bay but he'd be utterly destroyed if he gave any ground whatsoever. That shorter blade length combined with its overall shape and the weight of Jenny would prevent Fionn from effectively blocking if he was pushed into a corner.

And so he leaned against a nearby tree, took the cigarette from his mouth, and exhaled a cloud of smoke. He stared into the eyes of Uken, a blank expression upon his face, and began to speak. "Why don't you come over here get this started, aye?" He asked, hoping to test the personality of his opponent. Besides, if he came over to the Forest Fionn would gain an advantage regardless of his opponents skill or mental state.

LuckyStar

• Personal Text
    Licky Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2016, 03:23:36 AM »
Uken stares at Fionn, rational calculative thoughts slowly go through Uken's head. That man's weapon looks like it could topple trees in a swing, the trees would not even be a set back to him. Uken was used to heavy weapons, he could slice a tree in half if his blade was long enough to go through its whole trunk, which it is.

Forest, Uken's mother once told him that when fighting in places like this, his armor would be a hinderance, but he was not wearing it this time, no point putting yourself at a disadvantage. Based on how Fionn looked, Uken would be alot of agile in the forest.

The geysers, would prove a problem, one wrong step would find yourself in a hole getting your face blown with hot steam and boiling water, shredding aura quickly if you can't get out, giving your opponent a free win. The craggy surface meant greater friction, meaning better foothold, excellent for the both of them. But the uneven terrain would prove unsettling for upward strikes.

Thing is, his mother taught him how to use greatswords, clubs, polearms, long swords and many heavy two handed weapons on various terrain. To him, Fionn seems like an easy match up, but he can not be hasty.

Uken smiles and laughs audilbly.
"I know trees can help you breathe better but I rather like this terrarin, I could use the natural heat here to make tea,"

The crowd was jeering a bit, they wanted to see some action.

Hunter, Doctor, Lawyer, Goddess of Victory Nike Fortunato -"Please stop calling me the Goddess of Victory..."

snaketicus

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2016, 11:01:59 PM »
It was warm here.

The temperature was just right for Fionn as he leaned against the tree, his sword ready to be drawn at any moment and his pistol the same. He could feel the stares and impending boredom of the crowd, their minds expecting bloodshed and pain to fuel their hunger. But the man was not one to put on any sort of show, he felt it would impede all he had worked for thus far. And so, with the crowds thirst for violence still yet to be sated he continued to simply stare upon Uken.

By this point in time he had already analysed anything that could be of use within the next few minutes. Or, at the least, he felt as if he'd noticed anything within his ability to see. His enemy and him had both quite obviously decided to not show much of themselves or their intent. Still though it had become apparent rather quickly that the two of them weren't exactly a good match up. Both of the warriors were studious sorts and seemed quite determined to not throw it all away. Fionn raised the cigarette back up to his mouth and dragged from it once again, pulling the cancerous smoke in deep.

The crowd began to become unruly as the two simply stood there doing absolutely nothing. He could hear now the first of the boos and jeers. His opponent had said something at some point but unless it showed useful information he was in no mood to respond.

If this was a war of mental attrition his enemy wanted then he would give it to him.

LuckyStar

• Personal Text
    Licky Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2016, 05:43:07 PM »
Steam blew out from a geyser near Fionn, but it was not close enough to hurt. The audience was getting bored. So far, it has just been a staring contest. Uken stood still, his eyes fixated on Fionn. He remains at ready. The jeering got a lot louder,  a lot louder to the point that it was going to get annoying. But Uken however was unfazed.

snaketicus

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2016, 09:22:08 PM »
And so Fionn stood, unfazed, as the burning heat of the geyser erupted. He looked over to it slowly, moving his head away from his opponent in a way that said "I can still see you". The man looked back to Uken, twisting the cigarette in his mouth with his tongue. He repeatedly shook the cigarette up and down in sheer boredom as he watched Uken and learned absolutely nothing he hadn't already seen. The crowd would be bored as all unholy hell by this point.
Fionn, however, did not let himself become distracted. He was ready to strike at any time.
Another geyser erupted nearby Uken, potentially scalding his hand if a drop of water were to hit. It would do no real damage to the man but would shake him for just a moment.
All in all it was unlikely to do anything.

LuckyStar

• Personal Text
    Licky Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2016, 09:43:28 PM »
Uken took a step forward slowly, the dirt scratching against his shoes. He then bursts into a dash and swung his blade in 180 degree cleave. His dash direction is parallel to Fionn.

snaketicus

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2016, 09:01:39 PM »
Fionn's eyes had been following closely since the moment in which the geyser nearby had erupted and, as such, was able to see through the long winded run of his opponent rather easily. He could see every footstep, every breath, and every quiver of the mans blade as he approached faster and faster. Fionn could feel the very air move to escape the swing of the sword as he hopped backwards to avoid the hit. As he moved the man pulled from his hip holster the large caliber pistol and let loose three shots of hollow pointed ammunition, each aimed based on the predicted path of his opponent.
The first shot was directly to Uken's stomach, the second to his left, and the third to his right. Each bullet would be capable of approximately 15 aura damage if it were to hit.

LuckyStar

• Personal Text
    Licky Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2016, 02:39:38 AM »
Uken did not moved as Fionn predicted, in fact the way he moved was really odd. Upon seeing that Uken missed, his foot had twisted in a such a way that he was able to flip himself into the air and aim a downward strike with Qing Song at Fionn. Should he miss, he would use the momentum to move his body behind Fionn if let's say Fionn took a step forward to avoid the attack, if Fionn moved back it would be the same result just closer to Fionn than actually behind. The forest shall become the Butterfly Samurai's ally.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 07:01:23 PM by LuckyStar »

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    Forgive me for what I must yabba dabba do
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2016, 02:31:17 PM »
Nnnnnnnnnno. One of those is going to hit, based one what I read. Edit your post.

Edit: That was not me letting you have a do over for it to make sense as to why you didn't get hit, it was me saying you need to take a hit.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 10:30:55 PM by Dr. Gustave »
Atlas: ShowHide
Mercenary: Kol Augur ~ The Judicator of Atlas
Speaking: #5C5054 Thinking: #EAC117

Mistral: ShowHide
Huntress-in-Training: Aca Roth ~ Member of Team RWND
Speaking: #E05260 Thinking: #EA857F
Huntress-in-Training: Brook Pallas ~ Member of Team CNBR
Speaking: #4863A0 Thinking: #98AFC7
Council Member: Phaedo Katsaros ~ Figurehead for Faunus/Human relations
Speaking: #667C26 Thinking: #B6CC76

Vacuo: ShowHide
40th Vytal Tournament Champion: Zabar Aga ~ Member of Team DAWN
Speaking: #CD7F32 Thinking: #EE9A4D

Vale: ShowHide
Huntress: Malina Nahualli-Roth ~ Leader of Team MCCA
Speaking: #993A64 Thinking: #8B0C44
Beacon Professor: Titania Printemps ~ Assistant Headmistress of Beacon Academy
Speaking: #4AA02C Thinking: #E55B3C
Drop-out: Durian Ghede ~ Former leader of team DFDL
Speaking: #E1BD27 Thinking: #AF8B00

snaketicus

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2016, 05:26:22 PM »
(Skipping your previous post with the permission of DrGustave.)

Fionn looked on with a deep feeling of satisfaction hidden deep behind his blank facial expression. He watched as his enemy twitched and jerked from the impact of three separate high caliber pistol rounds.  The first hit him square in the chest, and the other two impacted on both of his shoulders one after the other. What a fool, to rush straight at his opponent and then simply let himself be shot.

The three shots left Uken at 55% aura reserve.

Fionn did not let his pride give him pause, however. He was too experienced to get lost in thought on the battlefield. The man, taking advantage of his enemy being shot, heaved the massive blade over his shoulder with his free hand and aimed it down at his enemy sharply. The range of the blade would make it impossible to escape with a back-step or with a jump.

If it were to graze Uken it would deal 15% aura damage. A straight on hit would do 30% due to its ungodly weight.

LuckyStar

• Personal Text
    Licky Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2016, 03:34:17 AM »
Uken side stepped and twirled his blade to Fionn's sword hand side. The attack do a clean 15% of Fionn's aura if hit. Uken wantes to see what his opponent is capable of, letting himself get hit was just one. The thing about Uken was, he knew how weapons as heavy as Fionn's work and bullets were nothing.

snaketicus

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2016, 11:15:49 PM »
Fionn grimaced as he felt the pain in his side. It was sharp and he could feel the blade as it impacted his aura, but it did not push him or slow the man down. With a rotation of his arms and wrists the man took the downward force of his blade and, at high speed, spun around in the direction of Uken. His blade swung at intense speed at the man distracted by his successful hit on the man.

If it were to hit he'd do 15% aura damage. The range of the blade being swung in a wide arc with the momentum to carry itself 360 degrees was essentially seven feet in all directions due to Fionn's outstretched arms.

The crowd screamed and cried at the action.

Fionn wished he was at home listening to a record.