Author Topic: First Year 1v1 Preliminary Match: Ismael V Kushii [Closed]  (Read 8767 times)

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    Forgive me for what I must yabba dabba do
    • View Profile
First Year 1v1 Preliminary Match: Ismael V Kushii [Closed]
« on: September 25, 2016, 09:03:30 PM »
"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!" A Booming and energetic voice explodes through the speakers set up around the enormous stadium. A deep and gravely voice, like someone who spent too much time smoking and decided now would be a good time to start screaming for their entire life. "WELCOME TO THE FORTIETH BIANNUAL VYTAL FESTIVAL!" The crowd erupted into a ceremonious cheer, whoops and hollers came from all corners of Remnant as people tuned into the match from home. "I AM YOUR ANNOUNCER, VULCO DENTRES, AND I WILL BE SERENADING YOU WITH THE SOOTHING SOUND OF MY VOICE DURING THE COURSE OF THE MATCH- JUST KIDDING, F ҉   ҉ KERS-" A loud, annoying BEEEP filled the arena. Of course, this of all events is kid friendly. "WHY WOULD I DO THAT!? I'M GOING TO SIT BACK AND LET YOU ENJOY THE PURE UNBRIDLED COMBAT! PREPARE YOURSELVES, IN THIS PRELIMINARY ROUND, WE HAVE TWO BEACON STUDENTS, AND CAN I JUST SAY- THIS CITY IS GORGEOUS, BUT YOU COULD REALLY DO SOMETHING ABOUT THAT OVERPOPULATION ISSUE.... OKAY, I'M GETTING WORD I CAN'T DISCUSS THAT HERE SO BACK TO THE MAAATCH! IN ONE CORNER, WE HAVE ISMAEL SKHAOS. FIRST YEAR STUDENT, SEVENTEEN YEARS OLD, AND A FIRST TIME CONTESTANT! CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT, FOLKS? SO YOUNG, YET CAPABLE OF SO MUCH DESTRUCTION! IN THE OTHER CORNER WE HAVE THE FIRST YEAR STUDENT, KUSHII UTSU! THIS DOG IS ALSO SEVENTEEN AND HE TURNED A  ҉   ҉   ҉ DAMN BLOWDRYER INTO A WEAPON, HOW BAD ҉   ҉   ҉  IS THAT!? BUT ENOUGH ABOUT THEM, LET'S SEE WHAT THEY'LL BE FIGHTING IN. TO THE ENVIRONMENTAL SPINNER, OR AS I LIKE TO CALL IT, THE ANTI-ENVIRONMENTAL SPINNER! ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES ISN'T THE SAME THING AS POLITICS, SHUT UP!" The crowd, thou somewhat confused, cheered heartily.

A large holographic image of a lottery machine appears on all sides of the arena, with two spinners. The spinners spun so quickly, making it nearly impossible to make out the passing words. It ticked through the options slower and slower until it finally stopped on Ocean and Savannah.

The floor of the arena lowered and, in its place, arose two new floors. Ismael's half was a nearly empty plain of chest high blades of wheat, and Kushii's half become a shallow ocean, complete with small islands of sand and a pirate boat.

Just then, the doors on each side of the arena opened and, from them, out strolled the combatants.

(A coin flip decided Ismael gets the first post. The arena size is that of the 1v1 arena in the show, but still features biomes, though scaled down. Good luck, contestants.)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 05:26:50 PM by Dr. Gustave »
Atlas: ShowHide
Mercenary: Kol Augur ~ The Judicator of Atlas
Speaking: #5C5054 Thinking: #EAC117

Mistral: ShowHide
Huntress-in-Training: Aca Roth ~ Member of Team RWND
Speaking: #E05260 Thinking: #EA857F
Huntress-in-Training: Brook Pallas ~ Member of Team CNBR
Speaking: #4863A0 Thinking: #98AFC7
Council Member: Phaedo Katsaros ~ Figurehead for Faunus/Human relations
Speaking: #667C26 Thinking: #B6CC76

Vacuo: ShowHide
40th Vytal Tournament Champion: Zabar Aga ~ Member of Team DAWN
Speaking: #CD7F32 Thinking: #EE9A4D

Vale: ShowHide
Huntress: Malina Nahualli-Roth ~ Leader of Team MCCA
Speaking: #993A64 Thinking: #8B0C44
Beacon Professor: Titania Printemps ~ Assistant Headmistress of Beacon Academy
Speaking: #4AA02C Thinking: #E55B3C
Drop-out: Durian Ghede ~ Former leader of team DFDL
Speaking: #E1BD27 Thinking: #AF8B00

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    There's no accounting for dumbass
    • View Profile
Re: First Year 1v1 Preliminary Match: Ismael V Kushii [Limited: 2/8]
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2016, 10:21:29 PM »
(Spectators can post at any time right? If not I'll edit this post down to effectively nothing)

Fallow had one of the best seats in the house and a massive smile on his face and how could he not. He got to watch his smug teammate getting smacked around. He was in amazing spirits.
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

Th3King0fChaos

• Personal Text
    The Official Harem King.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2016, 10:30:26 PM »
Ismael walked forward slowly into the chest high grass and smiled underneath silver his mask. He then bowed and disappeared for a moment and stood back up. He throws his scythe into the ground leaving it's tip of the handle above the grass, sets his sniper on the ground, and stabbed his bastard sword into the ground as well. He now waits for his opponent to make the first move.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 10:46:38 PM by Th3King0fChaos »
Ismael Skhaos
The Weird Armory of team INKK (Active)

Cherry Rockwell
The lightning Ace of Team ---- (Not in use for now)

Carmine Rodwell - #960018
The Lone Tiger (Not in use for now)

Farco Lione
The Prince of team ---- (Not in use for now)

Asterisk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2016, 10:57:58 PM »
From the front row stands, Marigold called out, "You can do it Ismael! I'm rooting for you!"

LuckyStar

• Personal Text
    Licky Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2016, 11:08:05 PM »
Uken sat next to Follow, he wanted to see who was potential competition and thought watching would ve a good way
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 11:55:49 PM by LuckyStar »
I luv my CC: ShowHide
 2nd Year Roaring Tiger Cidrine Laohu

2nd Year Flower Mechanic Sakura Lunciar - Proudly HRMS

3rd Year Aurora Beats Aurelia Hestia

3rd Year Demon Cat Kelly Green - Proudly DVGS(hopefully0

4th Year Butterfly Samurai Uken Takeda -

Fisherman, Florist, Sniper Thurn Gassenwald - "I'm hooked on a feeling!"

Hunter, Doctor, Lawyer, Goddess of Victory Nike Fortunato -"Please stop calling me the Goddess of Victory..."

Uncouth T-Rex

• Personal Text
    Unofficial Forum Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2016, 11:38:42 PM »
Marlon roared his support right alongside Fallow, his mighty voice making itself heard despite the din of the crowd, were one to listen for it.

"Give him hell, Cushy! Crack his noggin!"

He was on his feet, one hand cupped to his mouth and the other clenched in a fist and pumping away. He began to  clap and stomp his feet, starting up an echoing chant of his teammate's name. He kept it going until Fruitcake made his way fully out into the ring, at which he let the call die down, and added a final "GIVE 'IM BLOOD AND THUNDER, BOY! SOCK 'EM ONE FOR ME!" before taking his seat. With his pride still smarting from the humiliation he'd received from Pettibone in his first and only match of the tournament, he was really hoping either Eau or his foppish teammate could take down that sonofagun instead. His brow furrowed just thinking about it. He'd had trouble even facing Fortuna after, let alone looking her in the eye...

Cheri, sitting next to Marigold, shouted out right along with her, and motioned for Johnny Boy, placed strategically behind them, to hoist the flag. Grinning, he held aloft an impressive, professionally made banner with the words "SKAOS NUMBER ONE" printed on it in emphatic, bold lettering. "Utsu's a punk, you've got this, Izzy!" she shrieked, clapping her hands with delight. One of her favorite people, knocking the crap out of Kushii Utsu...how much better could this get!?
Seek Justice, Love Mercy, and walk humbly with your God.

Character List:
Spoiler: ShowHide
Marlon Murk-Leader of Team MRKD (Marked) "The power of the night, the press of the storm, The post of the foe; Where he stands, the Arch Fear in a visible form, Yet the strong man must go..."-Prospice, Robert Browning

Cheri Chanson-Team AFMC (Afirmacion) “The people who were trying to make this world worse are not taking the day off. Why should I?” -Bob Marley

Jack Pettibone-Leader of Team JCRA (Jackrabbit) "In my body, where the shame gland should be, there is a second awesome gland. True story."-Barney Stinson

Cherry Chainsaw "Wake up, I'm a bullet loosed Into the heart of a wretched age, I breathe just to beat and bruise, an evolution of the burnin' rage!"-Miracle of Sound, Hell to Pay

Professor Siobhan Clannad-Personal Finance and Home Economics Professor at Beacon Academy "We can do no great things, only small things with great love."-Unknown, often attributed to Saint Teresa of Calcutta

Professor Feltch Hatterly Criminal and International Law Professor at Beacon Academy "Art, like morality, consists of drawing the line somewhere."-G.K. Chesterton

Professor Scarlet Vandal Weapons Engineering and Design Professor at Beacon Academy "Perfection has one grave defect: It is apt to be dull."-W. Somerset Maugham

Character AMA here, Personal AMA here, Character/Plot Timeline here, Descent into Madness here

If you ever need writing advice, be it for a post, a plot, or a character, don't hesitate to ask, I'm happy to help! PM me if you need someone to DM Grimm or NPCs, or need my Professors in your threads, though my ability to help with that depends on my free time!

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2016, 11:45:14 PM »
Fallow yelped as Marlon roared next to him. Surprised by the loud noise. "jeez. You are way too loud Marlon."
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

FGLM001

• Personal Text
    Gravity, thou art a heartless bitch
    • View Profile
Re: First Year 1v1 Preliminary Match: Ismael V Kushii [Limited: 6/8]
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2016, 02:07:17 AM »
Kushii sauntered his way into the arena, waving to the croud with a smile on his face. Acknowledging Marlon's comments with a nod, and appreciating the chant he riled up, Kushii was ready. This kid could pack a punch, but there was no way Kushii was going to lose here. As the terrain was revealed, he winced. Of course Ismael got the side that managed to give him some cover, the water would just slow Kushii down. He began grinning again as a plan to destroy that cover came to him. Ismael walked into the wheat, obviously planning to hide and surprise Kushii with any number of things. Kushii responded by dashing forward, moving between the dry ground where he could and avoiding the water as much as possible. As he approached, he readied Beauty and got ready to fire a shot of fire dust at the kid. Beast was held in his other hand as a full staff. He kept himself as low as possible, knowing some gunshots were about to come at him.
Kushii Utsu-"Look, I'm the best, and there is no doubt about it."-Team MRKD

Brooke Baker-"Hope is the one thing we should never lose."-Team CBLT

Justin LaPook-"Whatever, man, just leave me the fuck alone."

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: First Year 1v1 Preliminary Match: Ismael V Kushii [Limited: 7/8]
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2016, 04:46:30 AM »
After recovering from Marlon's yelling Fallow turned his attention back to the stadium in time to see Kushii shooting fire into the fields his opponent was hiding in. "smart move. If a little dangerous."

Siuwa

• Personal Text
    Balanced self-insertion FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2016, 05:18:04 AM »
Catalina looked through his AR scroll into the arena. "A stealth combat? Gonna play this music for the battle...
Catalina Glenn - first year Beacon Academy student - "Not funny, dude! And not dudes... and everyone else... " - Cata, Cat.
Infrared Ray - fourth year Atlas Academy student - "So it's __ and __(insert name here) meets each other."
Sheer Gold - second year Beacon Academy student - "This is super effective!"
Siu Ceong - Beacon Academy graduate Huntress - "What is this? Where can I learn about it?"

Character hex code for reference: ShowHide
Cat: #0A44C2
Infrared: #CB4154
Sheer: plain red
Siu: #28CDFF

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    Infinite ADHD Asperger's physicist monkeys
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2016, 06:03:25 AM »
Sitting besides Marigold, Nathan let out a bellowing "FUCK HIM UP, IZZY!!" as loud as he could without making his throat go inside-out.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 06:07:52 AM by nathan67003 »
Characters: ShowHide
Nathan Eau, De Facto Jetpack Guy and Leader of Team INKK
Camelia Sol, Miss Magnetic Personality and Leader of Team CAST
Anna Fall, Insightful Visionary of Team ASTC
Brock Greenwood, Human Titan of Team DGTL
Helena Chlophyll, Ray of Sunshine of Team CHES
Scarlett/Corinth,Korynn,etc. Briggart/Topaz (In the works)
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Maena Nadir, Coherent Beam of Team SSMR
Europa/Encela(dus)/Io/Callisto/Calypso (In the works)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"Some goddamn bullshit, Invictus Omega"
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"I swear it's not my fault"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

The Mythic Scribe

• Personal Text
    What sanity?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2016, 07:22:42 AM »
Cringing at the loud noises coming from... well... everywhere, Mauve took a seat next to Nathan as she watched Ismael and Mr. Utsu get ready. "Language," she muttered at Nathan. "A gentleman shouldn't use improper language in front of a lady. But then again, I suppose this is an appropriate exception..." She made sure to clear her throat daintily before yelling out herself. "PUMMEL HIM INTO THE GROUND, ISMAEL! EAT SHIT UTSU!"
Mauve Roux(1st year leader of team ROSE):“Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.”  -Simone Weil

Bianca Li(1st year member of team CBLT):"When you're the victim of the behavior, it's black and white; when you're the perpetrator, there are a million shades of gray." -Laura Schlessinger

Primrose Aster(1st year member of team BTRA):“To weep is to make less the depth of grief.”  -William Shakespeare

Cerise Carnelian(1st year member of team VCVS):"Be as you wish to seem." -Socrates

Lien Li(2nd year member of team MLDC): "To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders." -Lao Tzu

Aurora Hesperid(1st year leader of team ATLA)

Th3King0fChaos

• Personal Text
    The Official Harem King.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2016, 08:09:05 AM »
Ismael shrugged and just pulled out pain from the ground and started to hold it up in the air and waited for a moment until he slammed the sword into the ground letting out a shock wave or a fiery explosion devastating the grass around him in a 10 foot radius and now lit some of the grass that was right outside the blast zone.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 10:53:32 AM by Th3King0fChaos »
Ismael Skhaos
The Weird Armory of team INKK (Active)

Cherry Rockwell
The lightning Ace of Team ---- (Not in use for now)

Carmine Rodwell - #960018
The Lone Tiger (Not in use for now)

Farco Lione
The Prince of team ---- (Not in use for now)

Leycil

• Personal Text
    Crew said? Croo said? Crew shade? Crow sahde?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2016, 08:31:18 AM »
Colton cocked his head, still being able to see the fight but not seeing the people being hooligans shouting. He would not say anything against them however, he could feel pump with all this uproar.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 08:33:56 AM by Leycil »
Colton Joule - Fist of Lightning

Leycil Redlee - The Data Sniper

Lucillé Leyes - The Bladed Dancer

Orion Noon - High Noon Trickshot

Galileo Mephis - Randomness at its finest

Worldbuild: Flake Homestead: ShowHide

Thx to Asterisk's for the amazing banner

Siuwa

• Personal Text
    Balanced self-insertion FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2016, 09:08:51 AM »
"Wow, removing the light, snipeble cover and creating smoke screens instead? What could be the plan?" Catalina mumbled, turning off the music to help concentration.
Catalina Glenn - first year Beacon Academy student - "Not funny, dude! And not dudes... and everyone else... " - Cata, Cat.
Infrared Ray - fourth year Atlas Academy student - "So it's __ and __(insert name here) meets each other."
Sheer Gold - second year Beacon Academy student - "This is super effective!"
Siu Ceong - Beacon Academy graduate Huntress - "What is this? Where can I learn about it?"

Character hex code for reference: ShowHide
Cat: #0A44C2
Infrared: #CB4154
Sheer: plain red
Siu: #28CDFF