Author Topic: Second Year 1v1 bracket- Finals: Reyva Vermilion vs. Razzmatazz Gele  (Read 7996 times)

Skylia

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    O kawaii koto
    • View Profile
”Good afternoon and welcome back to the forty-first bi-annual Vytal Festival tournament!” a refined and silvery female voice would say through the arena’s sound system, deciding to cooperate with the dull script...for now. ”Today we’re here to bring you the finals of the 2nd year 1v1 bracket. I’ll not keep you all waiting, so let’s move on to the introductions, shall we?” A shuffling of scripts could then be heard in the background, and a couple of whispers were exchanged. ”W-Well, it’s time to introduce our combatants who I don’t really even need to mention are from Beacon Academy! First of all we have Rev Vermilion, the mechanic...claymore guy? And on the other side w-we have Razz...Razzledazzle. Razzledazzle Gay...Lee? Yeah, Razzledazzle Gay-Lee" (There was a very noticeable pause between ‘Gay’ and ‘Lee’) ”,who has an illusory semblance that perfectly fits his name!” Dying of embarrassment, Prim could only hope that she would never actually encounter Mr. Gay-Lee. Deciding to step out instead of facing the reactions from Hunter and the crowd, Prim would turn off her mic and say ”I have to pee!”

With a shit eating grin, Hunter couldn’t help but snark. ”How very rude of Prim, that’s just his name. Razzledazzle Gay-Lee, I must apologize for my partner’s immature attitude.” Motioning for the environmental spinner, Hunter laces his finger together as the spinner does its thing. ”This might be an interesting matchup, but we’ll have to see!"

A large holographic image of a lottery machine appears on all sides of the arena, with two spinners. The spinners spun so quickly, making it nearly impossible to make out the passing words. It ticked through the options slower and slower until it finally stopped on Wind Dust Field and Urban.

The floor of the arena lowered and, in its place, arose two new floors. On Razzmatazz’s side, the area would be filled with rather smooth and rounded terrain as crystals of Wind Dust emerge from the ground. As for Revya, it would be littered with destroyed buildings throughout, enough to provide cover for a firefight but not enough to simply hide away.

(A coin flip has decided that Razzmatazz will get the first post. The arena size is identical to that of the 1v1 arena in the show, however, it features scaled down biomes to fit the size. Good luck, and may the best combatant win.)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 03:51:42 PM by Skylia »
Lucina Archaletta - The Haughty Hipster - 1st Year Beacon Student on Team ALIA

Vanilla Stella-Maris - The Indomitable Idol - Special Operations Combat Idol  - WiP

Primrose Palatine - The Dexterous Duelist - Atlesian Professor of Combat Flow - WiP

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    (´・ω・`) | I feel down the stairs and ravioli on me
    • View Profile
Razzy entered the arena with a bright smile, raising his hands to greet the cheering crowd. The young boy loved the tourney - it had been so fun, and he had made it to the finals already! Last year, he had made it to the semi-finals and had about as much fun. He didn't really dwell much on the odd way the nice people in the announcer's booth were pronouncing his name - he knew it was a bit hard to say after all!

He strolled past the crystals on his side of the arena, noting how they were similar to the ones on the field during his fight with Zabar last year - maybe he could do something like that again. He then made it to the center of the field where the two terrains met and extended his hand, his palm open for a handshake, waiting for his opponent.

"Hiya! I'm Razzy! I hope we have a fun match today!" he cheerfully called out to his opponent.
Razzmatazz Gele - 2nd Year warrior of happiness of Team ____. "Oh, I also like ____! Let's be friends!"

Janna Tarmac - 1st Year tank lady of Team DGTL. "Our job is to protect the innocent, and that's what I do."

Reginald Royale - 1st year snotty brat of team RBLS. "I'm telling father about this!"

Rufus Chocla - 2nd year freestyle rapper of team APRC. "Rap comes from the Soul, don't mess with the Flow, if you can't take no more, don't wait for Encore!"

Anza Burgundy - 1st Year archer of team CRSA. "War eagle, feller!"

Silica Methiviola - Assistant to the Royale Family/Reginald. "Suck my metaphorical dick, nerd."

Coconut Cream - 1st Year pervert of team CASA. "B-before we fight could you just like... nyah once for me?"

Tiber Rostrum - 1st year Bea(k)on student. "*Unintelligible, birdlike gibberish*"

My good ole AMA

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    There's no accounting for dumbass
    • View Profile
Re: Second Year 1v1 bracket- Finals: Reyva Vermilion vs. Razzmatazz Gele
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2018, 08:51:18 AM »
Seeing his opponent walk out into the middle of the arena Revya walked out to meet him as he listened to the announcers. "you'd think they'd have figured some of this out by now." he muttered to himself as he walked forward. He was completely ecstatic. He'd made it to the finals! his shyness almost completely dissapearing due to excitement. He had a friendly opponent too. "Revya. I hope so too." He placed a hand behind his back and accepted the handshake with his other hand. the hand behind his back charging a small blast of his semblance to open with, being distinctly aware the match had already begun.
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2018, 12:27:26 PM »
After their introduction Razzy hopped back, taking Rozhe Orchideya off of his thigh. He flicked the weapon, letting its blade extend. As excited as the boy was, for the sake of good sportsmanship he hadn't watched any of Revya's other matches - he was going in as blind as any other fight. Still, this one was going to be for all the marbles - he had to put up a good show!

Aura: 100%

Razzmatazz Gele - 2nd Year warrior of happiness of Team ____. "Oh, I also like ____! Let's be friends!"

Janna Tarmac - 1st Year tank lady of Team DGTL. "Our job is to protect the innocent, and that's what I do."

Reginald Royale - 1st year snotty brat of team RBLS. "I'm telling father about this!"

Rufus Chocla - 2nd year freestyle rapper of team APRC. "Rap comes from the Soul, don't mess with the Flow, if you can't take no more, don't wait for Encore!"

Silica Methiviola - Assistant to the Royale Family/Reginald. "Suck my metaphorical dick, nerd."

Coconut Cream - 1st Year pervert of team CASA. "B-before we fight could you just like... nyah once for me?"

Tiber Rostrum - 1st year Bea(k)on student. "*Unintelligible, birdlike gibberish*"

My good ole AMA

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2018, 12:26:09 AM »
"Good luck!" Rev called out as Razzy hopped back whilst flinging his hidden arm forwards sending the dark energy that had gathered behind his back flying forward in their typical 5 prongs all homing for Razzy. Wanting to capitalize fully regardless of whether or not his opponent managed to block the admittedly cheap shot Revya drew Scarlet Slicer and set it ablaze, slamming it into the ground sending forward a wave of fire.

Attack values

semblance: 2% per prong, if all connect Razz is Paralyzed for 10 seconds
fire blast: 5%
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2018, 02:19:33 AM »
Well, that was one way to start a fight.

Razzy wasn't expecting such a quick onslaught of ranged attacks - but in a way it was good to know what to expect. Two of the prongs struck his body, but he was able to at least avoid two of them by rolling to the side, one striking Rozhe Orchideya to little effect. As for the fire, well... Razzy hadn't gotten this far just by dodging.

The boy dashed through the flames, going for a heavy diagonal shlash at Revya to hopefully put them on even ground again - Razzy wasn't useless at range and he could only assume Reyva was good at melee as well, but for now the boy felt like testing the waters at close-ranged combat.

(Slash: 8%)

Aura: 91%

My good ole AMA

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2018, 03:20:55 AM »
as the bolts that missed but continued flying turned to continue pursuit they unfortunately connected with the terrain around them and went to waste. Rev was also not expecting Razz to rush through the fire and barely managed to raise his claymore into the path of the shot in time locking blades but making no counter-attacks. He had pulled an advantage with his initial gambit but he was already breathing heavily and content to focus on defence for a while.

Battle data
no attacks made

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2018, 01:51:55 AM »
Razz wasn't giving Reyva a break here - if he was going to play defensively, Razz had to be aggressive. There wasn't much Razzy could do with the terrain, so grappling with his opponent wouldn't help much. As such, he went for a series of slashes - one on center mass, the following one higher towards his shoulders and the last a swipe at Reyva's hip in an attempt to get around his block.

(Slashes are 3x5%)

My good ole AMA

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2018, 11:24:56 AM »
As Razzy pressed In Rev stepped back moving the crossguard of Scarlet Slicer to interecept the shots where he could. However one still broke through his defence.

Combat details

Aura: 95%
No attack made.

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2018, 01:48:18 PM »
A single attack had made it past Reyva's defences, but it was obvious that he had to change his approach is he were to do any more damage. At this point, he figured that his opponent already knew about his semblance, so there was little point in hiding it - Razzy conjured up a small lightshow in his opponent's face, a whirlwind of color around his head for a couple of seconds.

Razz then followed it up with a series of stabs - harder to simply block with a sword or parry, even more so when one couln't see where they were coming from. To keep things going, Razzy made sure to strike first from the left, then from the right, then straight down the middle - hoping his opponent's defence would then trip up.

(Stabbos are 5%x3 as well)

My good ole AMA

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2018, 08:40:40 AM »
Revya in fact didn't know what Razzy's semblance was and was thus very bewildered when suddenly an 80's music video appeared before his eyes. "what the hell." Revya said wistfully before the first impact on his aura snapped him back to reality. So much for a defence focus then. Revya raised his weapon above his head and slammed it down where he guessed Razzy's head was. He was hoping to simply overpower his opponent since his usual block then counter tactic wasn't going to work.

Revya battle data

Aura level:80%
overhead swing: 15%

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2018, 01:25:45 PM »
As effective as the light show was, Razzy couldn't keep it up forever. He had to pull back, and the overhead swing was his indicator that it was time. Razzy raised Rozhe Orchideya to block the attack, but its force still forced him back. Razzy tucked into a roll to recuperate, and was soon back up on his feet - he had taken some damage, but had now taken a defensive stance about a meter and a half away for Reyva.

As far as things went, he was still testing the waters - he now knew how much his opponent could handle defending, now to see what their offense was like.

(Took half damage from overhead swing)

Aura: 84%

My good ole AMA

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    Forgive me for what I must yabba dabba do
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2018, 03:04:03 PM »
Autohit granted by timeout
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 01:04:35 PM by Dr. Gustave »
Atlas: ShowHide
Mercenary: Kol Augur ~ The Judicator of Atlas
Speaking: #5C5054 Thinking: #EAC117

Mistral: ShowHide
Huntress-in-Training: Aca Roth ~ Member of Team RWND
Speaking: #E05260 Thinking: #EA857F
Huntress-in-Training: Brook Pallas ~ Member of Team CNBR
Speaking: #4863A0 Thinking: #98AFC7
Council Member: Phaedo Katsaros ~ Figurehead for Faunus/Human relations
Speaking: #667C26 Thinking: #B6CC76

Vacuo: ShowHide
40th Vytal Tournament Champion: Zabar Aga ~ Member of Team DAWN
Speaking: #CD7F32 Thinking: #EE9A4D

Vale: ShowHide
Huntress: Malina Nahualli-Roth ~ Leader of Team MCCA
Speaking: #993A64 Thinking: #8B0C44
Beacon Professor: Titania Printemps ~ Assistant Headmistress of Beacon Academy
Speaking: #4AA02C Thinking: #E55B3C
Drop-out: Durian Ghede ~ Former leader of team DFDL
Speaking: #E1BD27 Thinking: #AF8B00

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2018, 10:18:11 PM »
(thank you so much for letting the fight continue)

With his opponent backing off and his vision clearing Revya took the opportunity to back up and continue catching his breath. Trying to buy himself time to fully recover from his big semblance use early on. "Wow. That semblance of yours is brutal. No wonder you made it this far."

Revya Battle Data

no attacks made.
feel free to autohit next post. Mainly jumping in now so as not to get DQ'd again

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2018, 01:34:12 PM »
Razzy gave his opponent a genuine smile.

"Thank you! That fire blast you started it was awesome, by the way - could you show me how you did that later?" He asked. As a gentleman, of course, he waited for his foe to respond before he continued his own attack.

The boy then pressed the switch on Rozhe Orchideya's hilt, transforming it into its gun form. Inside the boy had loaded a fire dust cartridge. He had six shots and doubted he'd get the chance to reload. He had to make the shots counts.

As such, he started with a simple pair of shots to Reyva's center of mass, quickly pulling back as he did so. His opponent hadn't seen his semblance before - which meant they would likely not be expecting Razzy to have some ranged firepower as well.

(Fire dust shots (4/6): 8%x2)

Aura: 84%

My good ole AMA