Author Topic: Where There's Smoke... [OPEN]  (Read 13184 times)

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
Re: Where There's Smoke... [OPEN]
« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2018, 11:25:08 PM »
Smokey cocks his head in contemplation, and says, "I still don't really get it.  If you can capture a Grimm, doesn't that mean you've already learned how to kill it?
Why not just save yourself some extra effort and just shoot it?  I guess maybe you could find an easier way to destroy it, if you looked hard enough.  On another note though, I'll definitely take you up on that tattoo guy when I'm ready to have one done."

"As far as Good News goes, though, that's a bit of a long story.  Short version is that my dad made it.  It was a gift."
  Smokey lets out a small sigh.  There's a sign of grim determination on his face, the look of someone facing a long, steep, uphill battle.  It passes quickly, and he continues "As for why I carry so much firepower, it's because I can handle it.  Physically, I mean.  As far as I know, I'm the only person in Beacon, if not in all of Remnant, that can fire my guns without getting slapped in the face by the recoil.  You've seen the shells for my other gun, right?"  Smokey lifts open his coat to give a better look at his collection of ammo.  Shotgun shells and dust fill the inside pockets.  "Not exactly standard revolver ammunition.  And if they tried to fire Matchstick in volley gun mode, if they didn't have aura, they'd dislocate their shoulder."

Smokey Emberstone Beacon 1st Year and the Immovable Gunslinger of Team DASE "I've got more than enough firepower to beat you" "You've only got one bullet!" "Like I said, more than enough"

Aurelia Lumen Beacon 3rd year and the Warhorse of Team (TBD)  "Lay down your weapons, lest you wish to taste my steel!"

Wabul "Toast" Paka Shade 1st year and the Acrobatic Swashbuckler of Team (TBD)  "Hey, I'm gonna go jump off a bridge, who's with me?"

Lucas Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Hermit of Team CLVS  "What's so great about 'bittersweet'?"

Clara Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Blast Magician of Team (TBD) "No one likes just plain ol' bitter"

August Flare Beacon 1st year and the would-be ruler of the world "Join me, and witness the Brightest Future!"

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2018, 12:34:18 AM »
Jima briefly scowled as he rambled on about killing Grimm, a rare moment of negativity for the usually-cheerful woman - but it quickly becomes one of contemplative understanding. "That's the point though - to not kill them. They're an entire species we know nothing about that's been plaguing humanity for centuries. The bigger ones, like the Goliaths, are the smartest creatures on the surface of Remnant next to the human race - hell, I don't doubt that there's some out there that may actually be smarter than some humans. If we ever want to stop these beasts, we need to understand them. That's why I capture them alive, so I can study them. Find the patterns. Where they come from, how they grow, how they evolve. Someone has to, at least." She' still looking away from Smokey, even if her voice in the vicinity. "Honestly, I don't understand why more people aren't fascinated with them."

Even if she's not visibly looking at Smokey, her head does tilt when his expression changes and he shows off his collection of ammo. "I guess that vetos me asking if I could try Matchstick out then, bit of a shame. She's a gorgeous gun. Regardless, your dad's work is impressive. Give him my compliments when you can, from one inventor to the other. And if you wanna gimme your scroll, I can give you the name of the place. Warning that the first ones are always the most painful, though it does depend on location.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 12:43:16 AM by Moth »
Prism Skylark - Beacon First Year, Winged Sharpshooter and Leader of Team CASA (Casanova) #ffffff

Chantou Rou - Beacon First Year, Insect-Eyed Rebel of Team LGGR (Lager) #ff82a4

Albrecht Clodwal - Beacon First Year, White Knight Nice-Guy of Team CNRS (Cinerous) #00a4a4

Azre and Erza Sundown- Shade First Years, Fallen Stars of Team RASB (Raspberry) #fe2d00, #feab00

Jima Purpora - Beacon Third Year, Grimm-Obsessed Scholar of Team PLSM (Plasma) #6e3aa8

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2018, 01:03:09 AM »
"I guess we're gonna have to agree to disagree on that then.  As far as I'm concerned, there ain't that much to understand: they want to kill us, and we don't wanna die," he replies.  It's weird.  Normally, he'd enjoy discussing how to better hunt Grimm.  It's what he's at Beacon to do in the first place.  But Jima's way of doing it just seems...pointless.  At least for now.  He may be proven wrong in the future.

His expression changes to amusement when she mentions wanting to try his gun.  "I mean, it would be funny to watch you try to shoot it, that's for sure.  Though if you fired it in here one more time, I think the place might collapse," he says while surveying the weight room.  Yeah, there's probably gonna be retribution for this. "My dad would appreciate the compliment, though.  Thanks."

He tosses Jima his scroll.  "So, should we come up with a story about what happened here?  Because I don't know about you, but that was a really big bat to me."
Smokey Emberstone Beacon 1st Year and the Immovable Gunslinger of Team DASE "I've got more than enough firepower to beat you" "You've only got one bullet!" "Like I said, more than enough"

Aurelia Lumen Beacon 3rd year and the Warhorse of Team (TBD)  "Lay down your weapons, lest you wish to taste my steel!"

Wabul "Toast" Paka Shade 1st year and the Acrobatic Swashbuckler of Team (TBD)  "Hey, I'm gonna go jump off a bridge, who's with me?"

Lucas Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Hermit of Team CLVS  "What's so great about 'bittersweet'?"

Clara Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Blast Magician of Team (TBD) "No one likes just plain ol' bitter"

August Flare Beacon 1st year and the would-be ruler of the world "Join me, and witness the Brightest Future!"

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2018, 01:53:13 PM »
"I'd say maybe not a bat - more like a Nevermore, one of the small ones, y'know? That way it explains why the lockers were called." she says, patting the hunk of metal she's leaning against. Placing Goliath inside her own, she quickly adds two contacts to Smokey's Scroll, before handing it back to him and crossing the room.

"That explains why there's shots in the wall, as well as evidence I used this thing - we just really wanted it dead. Also, why there's no body."As she explains, she approaches the triangle before pressing a few buttons on one surface - and with a surprising amount of simplicity, the tethers in the walls extract, automatically coiling back into the pyramid as it neatly falls off the wall into Jima's hands - followed by a chunk of plaster hitting the ground as well. Jima snorts, before turning back to Smokey."I'd suggest packing up as well, otherwise I'm gonna keep pondering what you're compensating for there."

The teasing grin and tone have returned with the last line, though she blinks after she says that - so much for filtering her thoughts.
Prism Skylark - Beacon First Year, Winged Sharpshooter and Leader of Team CASA (Casanova) #ffffff

Albrecht Clodwal - Beacon First Year, White Knight Nice-Guy of Team CNRS (Cinerous) #00a4a4

Azre and Erza Sundown- Shade First Years, Fallen Stars of Team RASB (Raspberry) #fe2d00, #feab00

Jima Purpora - Beacon Third Year, Grimm-Obsessed Scholar of Team PLSM (Plasma) #6e3aa8

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2018, 10:44:03 PM »
"Oh wow, I've never heard that line before," Smokey says in monotone.  "Guy with abnormally large object?  Clearly must be deficient in some other department.  You totally got me.  I'll have to visit the therapist for that one." 

He does take Jima's advice, however, and Good News begins shrinking down back to its box-like carrying form.  He also takes off his coat and hangs it back up, slotting Matchstick in the holster.  Before closing the locker, he makes a mental note to change the combination to Good News' case, just to be safe.

As he steps away from the locker he checks his scroll for what he assumed would be the one new contact, but then pauses.  "Oh, so I have to hit girls to get their number.  No wonder my one-liners never worked.  My punchlines were terrible."

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 03, 2018, 10:56:24 PM »
”Apparently literally punching them works instead, though I wouldn’t suggest trying it with most women. Though in your case, you do seem to have a preference to pin them down.” Her grin’s moved on to a smirk - he’s proven to be fairly emotional, Jima can’t help but wonder what it’ll take to get him to blush. Beyond that, she tugs her harness off and returns it to the locker, closing the door before pulling out her scroll to send it away.

”...So, we agree on the Nevermore front?”

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2018, 11:04:59 PM »
N-...Nothing?  C'mon, that joke was great!  Hit girls, punchline?  Ah, whatever. 

"What front?  That Nevermore just came out of nowhere," Smokey responded in apparent agreement, before fiddling with his scroll to send his locker back from whence it came.

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2018, 11:14:22 PM »
”Perfect.” One last object tugged from the locker before she sent it back to who knows where - a well-worn leather jacket, which she slips on over her gym clothes. ”Now I don’t know about you, but that fight worked up a real appetite, and I’m thinking I’ll skip campus for one last time before we’re grounded and need to help with repairs for the next...” she takes the opportunity glance around, taking in the damage. ”Six weeks? That’s my estimate, though could easily be a full two months. Been awhile since I’ve done this much damage.”

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 03, 2018, 11:35:11 PM »
Smokey raises a finger to say something, but his head turns back to the space formerly known as a wall.  Two months?  The two of them were going to have to rebuild the entire damn room.  They'd be lucky if it was done by the end of the semester!

"Yeah, getting out of here for a little bit sounds like a great idea, but..." Smokey lifts a pit and takes a whiff, "Phew!  Yeah, I'mma need a shower before I go anywhere.  Besides which, I think ya got a bit of debris ya might wanna wash off, yourself.  I'll, uh, text you, or something" 

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400