Author Topic: Parker Bercilak  (Read 3570 times)

D4C

• Personal Text
    I have taken the first napkin!
    • View Profile
Parker Bercilak
« on: July 09, 2017, 11:57:01 PM »
CHARACTER

Name: Parker “Cactus Warrior” Bercilak

Species and Gender: Human Male

Symbol: N/A

Appearance:

Parker is a bit taller than average, standing at 5’11, and with an athletic-ish build. He weighs around 175 pounds. Parker's hair is a matte black, which is constantly in a scruffy mess. His eyes are a light green around the pupils, but gray around the border of his lenses, these eyes are accompanied by dark circles on the skin around them due to him always staying up late and not getting much rest. Parker has no scars or tattoos.

During school Parker wears his uniform, but messily, untucked and with a loose tie.

Parker's casual outfit is a random shirt and a pair of jeans, and sneakers, maybe a hoodie if it's cold.

His battle attire consists of his armor and a thin, durable, black compression suit underneath.

Parker’s armor is a dark green, jagged, layered, plate armor that has no helmet. It’s made to be slightly more mobile than super clunky regular plate armor, it has several joints and movable areas that give Parker a little more freedom to move than the average plate armor, but not much since it is still a massive amount of metal. However, this cause the armor to have many crevices that are weak points, if something were to slip inside one of the several cracks, it would hurt quite a bit more than clanging on the metal. The joints do not necessarily make movements much faster, but it allows more ways to be moved than normal full scale plate armor, it's overall less limiting, at the price of adding many weak spots.

(His armor is this minus the helmet and collar)

History: On paper, Parker seemed to have a more privileged-than-most life, he was born into a wealthy family of architects who lived in upper class area of Mistral. Parker even attended to high class schools as well. He life should have been on easy mode, coasting on his parents' coattails, following their footsteps, and become a wealthy, respected individual himself…

Buuuuut he’s a total dickhead.

Parker, even as a child, did nothing but scowl and complain about everything, he would actually go out of his way to find something to be mad about. Why? Nobody knows, not even him, he’s just an ass. Parker constantly acted as if he were the god-king-emperor of the universe, looking down at the lesser beings below him. Except he had no reason too, because he’s also a lazy piece of shit and did horrible in school, allegedly because he didn’t care enough.

That is until all the other kids started to call him out on his malarkey. Then he was (deservingly) bullied for most of his childhood, they all put him down (and in his place). Parker was told by pretty much everyone he knew that he would never accomplish anything with his pathetic life. So he took it as a challenge. So then he cleaned up his act, sort of, I mean, well.. Uhh… He did enough to get himself enrolled in Sanctum.

And at Sanctum, the only thing that changed about Parker is that he now could kick some ass with his sweet new armor. He was still a horrid person to be around, and he did poorly in class, but that’s still because he allegedly doesn’t care at all. Instead of bettering himself as a person to prove to everyone that he could make something of himself, Parker decided it was better if he could just beat the hell out of his problems. I guess it kind of worked? He got into Haven (barely) and continued down his path of asshole-ery. But that’s when teams came into play. You see, Parker just could NOT go around being a lone wolf, he had to work with a team. His team put up with him and he put up with his team, only for two years though. They eventually got so sick of eachother that Parker requested transfer into Beacon, saying he needed a change of scenery to try to become a better person, and that what he needed was a fresh start.

And he got one, but he went and wasted it, because he hasn’t changed a bit.

Personality: In short, Parker is an asshole. When he isn't being salty about everything, he's usually being lazy, not doing anything. His nickname “Cactus Warrior” came from his fighting style, and the fact that he's a prick. Basically he has 3 feelings: anger, hunger, and mild discontent. Whether he means it or not, he pisses people off with ease. Although he is a great fighter, his schoolwork is severely lacking, simply because he doesn't care. The only reason he is going through fighting academies is out of spite, his fighting skills are the only thing he's put somewhat of an effort into, because he likes to put his money where his mouth is, sometimes.

Aura and Semblance: Parker’s aura is a dark green, has a very large aura pool, and his Semblance is called “Soul Bind,” where he can bind items to his aura and freely move them about as if it were a part of his body. However, the binding process takes days to complete, so he only does it for necessary items, such as his gear. When an item is bound to him, it is permanently bound, unless Parker unbinds it. To successfully bind something to his aura, he must maintain a constant aura flow into it for 24-72 hours, which physically drains him, depending on the weight, to do this he must be in contact with it, after that it is bound and he can manipulate the item as if it were his own body. It has a weight limit though, he can only bind up to 250 pounds of material, and his armor takes up 100 of that. The item that is bound must be in contact with Parker in order to be moved, being able to go as far as possible, until the material runs out. He currently has nothing bound to him besides his armor, which he can move in as if it were normal armor, but can move it with his aura if need be. Once something is bound to Parker, he must drain his aura in order to move it, whatever is bound can reach speeds up to 25 miles per hour and can hit with a force of about 500 pounds. (Some boxers can punch up to 32 mph and 900 lbs of force so I thought these numbers were reasonable. I have sources if needed)

Time it takes to bind something based on weight

24 hours: 0 - 50 lbs
48 hours: 51 - 99 lbs
72 hours: 100 lbs +

Combat Behavior: Parker doesn't like to move in combat, so much to a fault, he likes to stay in place and let his semblance do the work, quickly changing and extending to attack and protect himself. He will move when needed, but he doesn't have the best endurance when doing something physical. After Parker runs around for awhile, he'll have to go back into a stationary position to take a breather, but he can still fight using his semblance. He can move himself with his semblance if need be. On top of his utter lack of physical endurance, his armor has several crevices that can be exploited to practically ignore his armor's defensive capabilities, and since he likes to stay in one position for the most part, they aren't exactly the hardest targets to hit.

WEAPON

Name: Armatus

(His armor is this minus the helmet and collar)

Primary Form: A dark green set of armor that uses more material than needed, giving it an extra thickness, to help Parker with doing more with it.

Common Form 2: Same as armor, but uses some of the surplus in the gauntlets to make blades on the dorsal side of his forearms, they stick out about a foot past Parker's wrists and are 2 inches wide. They resemble Wolverine's claws, except larger.

Common Form 3: Same as armor, but uses the extra material to make buckler shields with a diameter of 18 inches on either or both of Parker's forearms.

Common Form 4: Same as armor, but uses extra material to form 3/4 inch spikes covering the entirety of the armor, similar to the old Siberian bear hunting suit.

Common Form 5: Same as armor but puts all extra material onto his back, creating 2 tentacle-like appendages that are about 8 feet long and a 4 inch diameter. Can move up to 25 miles per hour and can hit with a force of about 500 pounds. (Some boxers can punch up to 32 mph and 900 lbs of force so I thought these numbers were reasonable. I have sources if needed)

Common Form 6: Parker uses all the material in his armor to create a massive sword, he sometimes uses this as a finishing move. The sword's blade is 3 1/2 feet long, 8 inches wide at the base, and an inch thick. (I crunched the numbers and saw what 100 pounds of steel would get, a lot of stuff was rounded so it might not be 100% accurate)

Other Forms: Parker can contort his armor in any way he needs as long as he has the material necessary, but he likes to stick at what he's trained to fight with.

Dust Functions: None

History: Parker made this set of armor when he was enrolled in Sanctum, his prior weapons were two axes, but after discovering his semblance, he put all his time into developing a fighting style around it, and the best catalyst to use the semblance (at least in his eyes) was this armor.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 04:47:30 PM by D4C »
Dorian Aurelius - First year Beacon student

ecksdeeeXD

• View Profile
Re: Parker Bercilak
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 08:55:47 PM »
Name down to appearance seems fine. Does the last name mean anything? For the appearance you can use (spoiler)(img)insert link here(/img)(/spoiler) with brackets instead of parentheses to make things easier. Any reason why he has dark rings around his eyes?

For history, a little typo. I think the word is coattails. A little vulgar but I can't really deny your character on that basis. Just wondering if you're really going for an edgy Draco Malfoy "I'm better than everyone" angle.  Also "You see, Parker just couldn’t skrrt around being a lone wolf"

Personality is ok, if a little odd. He has no reason to be salty and sarcastic based on history but it's a pass.

Semblance has a lot of detail to be desired. What do you mean when you say "move as if it were a part of his body?" Can he use telekinesis (like glynda)? Does he have to maintain contact to move it? (Like can he float stuff around him or can does he hold a rope and move it around like a snake?) How fast can he move them? How far can he move them? How strong is his power (like if he were manipulating a shield and blocking something, how strong a blow could he block?). Also, how does this work with his gear? Does he constantly control his armor like an exosuit/exoskeleton? Also, when he takes time to bind something to him, how does this affect him? Semblances usually tire someone out/takes a toll on their stamina when used so how does this work with his semblance? Does he get tired when binding something but after the initial "charging" of it, he's good? Or does he constantly feel his stamina sapping away because he's bound to his armor? All in all, a lot of questions in regards to his semblance.

Weapon needs a lot more description. Prolly add another link to his armor's apperance here as well as a description. You mention it's EXTRA THICC but it's also more mobile than normal? How do you explain that? For form 2, where do the blades come out? On the ventral or dorsal side of his forearms? Any not on their appearance? Same for form 3. How big are the shields, what do they look like, where on the forearms are they, how durable are they? Form 4 needs description on where the spikes are, how big are the spikes, and generally on what body surfaces they would show (or is it like an old timey bear hunting suit). Form 5 again needs tendril length, strength, speed, appearance, etc. Form 6 again needs size and appearance.
You use the term common form a lot. Is there an uncommon form? Also, how does this suit work? Dust? Semblance? Again, I'm not clear on what exactly the semblance does so a little more explanation needed.
Zora Akash - The Sunset Scholar - First Year - Team PENDING

Elidyr Vulcan - The Copper Creator - Fourth Year - Team PENDING

Running Brook Sienna - The Purple Pugilist - Fourth Year - Team PENDING

Ashelynne Campbell - The Sapphire Sleeper - First Year - Team PENDING

D4C

• Personal Text
    I have taken the first napkin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 04:46:53 PM »
OK, a lot was done so I'll break it up into sections so I don't start rambling or something. Also I tried fooling with the pictures, but they didn't want to work with me for some reason, I probably did something wrong but oh well.

Name: Bercilak is the name of the green knight in the story Sir Gawain and the Green Knight, but I didn't know how to work that in there in a fashion that wasn't awkward.

Appearance: Gave a reason for the dark circles.

Personality: His demeanor is more nature over nurture, if that makes any sense.

Semblance: Added quite a bit more description,

Added the speed and force he can generate with whatever is bound

Added the fact that he has to be in contact

Added that it drains him physically to bind something

Added the fact that it takes aura to use his semblance after binding

Weapon: Even more changes here,

Changed "more mobility" into "limits his movement less than full plate armor", he still has armor on, but he can move his body in more ways than full plate armor (It's like cheap action figures with few VS. expensive ones, they have more movement options and poses)

Added measurements and descriptions, lots of them

Explained why he has "common" forms

Added (the lack of) dust functions
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 04:50:08 PM by D4C »
Dorian Aurelius - First year Beacon student

ecksdeeeXD

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2017, 08:41:02 PM »
For the semblance, again, I'm still not quite sure what you mean by it. He moves it? What does that mean. Also, this phrase is also kinda ambiguous. " The item that is bound must be in contact with Parker in order to be moved, being able to go as far as possible, until the material runs out." I don't understand it, really. Also, rather than specific numbers for force (which I find is a lot harder to visualize than speed) I'd suggest say "he can use his armor with his semblance to push a car" or "lift X amount of pounds" with it. All in all, I'll need a better description of what the semblance actually does. Maybe you could answer the questions in my previous post too :3

Primary Form: What do you mean by "doing more with it" with more thickness? Does his semblance allow him to mold metal like clay with just his mind?

Common Form 2: How many claws?

Common Form 5: For this one, rather than an exact speed (Since it's an appendage, not a separate moving object) kindly have it in more vague terms. "Fast enough to fight against a sword fighter's strokes" or something similar. Again, the 500 pounds of force changed to a more qualitative description rather than quantitative.

Common Form 6: By now I'm guessing he molds his armor's metal like clay with his mind as his semblance so does this metal detach from his armor? Can he seemlessly mold it back into the armor?

Other Forms: Ah. Good description.
Zora Akash - The Sunset Scholar - First Year - Team PENDING

Elidyr Vulcan - The Copper Creator - Fourth Year - Team PENDING

Running Brook Sienna - The Purple Pugilist - Fourth Year - Team PENDING

Ashelynne Campbell - The Sapphire Sleeper - First Year - Team PENDING

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    Forgive me for what I must yabba dabba do
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2017, 05:17:56 PM »