Author Topic: Take What You Can - Give Nothing Back! [CLOSED]  (Read 27393 times)

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
Take What You Can - Give Nothing Back! [CLOSED]
« on: January 05, 2017, 10:36:03 PM »
In the dead of night the silhouettes of four masked individuals prowled the grounds of the target area in the far side of Vale near the heavy business district and not a mile away from the nearest police station. Smoke Shadows, as they preferred to call themselves, a small posse of white fang operatives hailing from major urban areas in Remnant particularly those of the major cities, majority of them hailing from Haven. Their existence is largely unknown to the kingdoms but the underground seems to know them as they really are. White Fang operatives consisting of once petty thieves led by an charismatic monkey faunus with a blue scimitar. The Smoke Shadows have been heard to have broken in to several secure locations once before but reports of them have since then dwindled to speculations and rumors. Not much is known of them to the underground save for the occasional appearance of their second in command, a snake faunus thief with a track record of breaking and entering having been in and out of prison several times since childhood. Sandwinder.

The group split up as Sandwinder's pair stealthily made their way past a patrol of guards and opted to stay in a nearby bush as they scouted the area. The building seemed to have little in way of windows and the nearest one was roughly several hundred feet high. Getting to the building without getting spotted through the front door was practically suicide with the number of imported Atlesian Knights guarding the immediate doorway and several human guards making regularly patrols. The task was simple, get the records of white fang activity in Vale, wipe them from the main database, and get out without causing a ruckus. That and planting a small hacking device near the servers. It shouldn't have been too hard but just a look at the area was intimidating enough that Sandwinder was beginning to think of staking out for a few days to study patrol patterns.

"Insertion successful. Sandwinder reporting in. The building seems to be heavily guarded at all entrances with guards posted around the perimeter with regular patrols. They're carrying automatic weaponry. Please advise."

"Then don't go through the front door, dumbass."

"Ugh, of course not but how do you expect to get inside then?

"Look up"

Sandwinder squinted his eyes and saw a masked, monkey tailed individual strolling upwards as if it were the ground. Shortly after another individual from a nearby building seemed to 'fall' towards the face of the building, his feet heading down first before his fall was slowed as if being tugged back towards his origin then finally plopped back with his back on the wall.

The radio cackled and a smug grunt sounded through followed by a sharp grinding sound muffled by something else. "Now hurry up sand for brains, we got a job to do. Let me make a little distraction for ya."

Holding a rock, the monkey faunus tossed it downwards straight towards a car outside the premises. The rock smashed into the windshield triggering an alarm prompting several guards to check it out, convenient creating an opening for the Sandwinder and his partner.

Sighing, Sandwinder signalled his partner to follow close and disappeared into building, making his way through the door while avoiding detection from droning cameras and an oncoming patrol. "You make this look easy, Ali." Sandwinder voiced over the radio.

"Easy? This is going to be like taking candy from a baby. Head for the emergency stairs, there aren't any cameras there. I'm sending beasty down to ya, should make the 'fall' up a lot quicker."

"Roger."

Ali clicked off his radio and put away the rather crude device back into his pack. Luckily the building seemed to have filtered CCTS transmissions but not short range radio waves. A flaw that Ali discovered a few days back when he scoped the place out. Sandwinder hated the bulky things but he'd take it a slightly ugly device over decades in jail any day.

Taking one last look at the city before jumping in the hole he and his partner made, Ali grinned and recalled a certain old friend of his fleeing to this city. Tucking himself inside the hole in the glass, he used his tail to pull the glass back in place and disappeared into the building behind his partner.

Kei woke up in the middle of class only to be scolded by the professor in charge before apologizing profusely for misbehaving. Making a mental note to steal his coffee later Kei gazed off at the board with beady eyes and recalled the tidbit of info she overheard last night at slum area.

The White Fang have obviously already infiltrated Vale judging by the news but they usually wouldn't be so reckless as to be outright terrorists without good information and materials. Of course this didn't mean that he would be involved in the recent on-goings but Kei had the nagging feeling that it might be the case judging by the description she overheard a night before. Monkey faunus, blue scimitar, former thief. All this pointed to Ali but she couldn't be too sure, or rather she hoped she was wrong.

After class the professor called on Kei and gave her an assignment of joining a few other problem students on a small community service mission around Vale. Luckily it wasn't plain cleaning the streets like before but to be paired with a few other, probably lower yeared, students was going to be hassle. Maybe she could use the opportunity to listen to get some info. She'd have to lay low though, her identity as a thief wasn't exactly known in Beacon save for her teammates and she wanted to keep it that way.

Deftly swiping the professor's coffee in one hand while walking away, Kei nodded as the old pompous man scratched his head looking for the drink while Kei handed it over to a confused girl entering the classroom.

Kei yawned as she waited for the so-called problem students to arrive, there were about....2?maybe 3 others according to the professor, not a very helpful estimate, and they were all late. Or maybe she was early, they didn't exactly have an exact meeting time. Playing with her yo-yo Kei idly listened in on passer-by's by the road in front of the meeting place and managed to pilfer a wallet or two from some people and return them with perfect grace before they even found out. Yawning again she checked the time and saw it was around 4 in the afternoon, not too late but still too early to be ditching the make-up task given to her.

Students
Wisteria Lockheart - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Don't make me throw a book at you"
Shiroe Pendragon - 1st Year Student at beacon - "This is my monochrome reality" - Team MARS
Lavender du Lac - 1st Year Student at Haven -  "The harder I try the further things drift away."
Ayaka Miyamoto - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Tsubame Gaeshi!" - Team ALIA
Vermilion Desdemona - 3rd Year Student at Beacon - "Only time you'd be above me is when your head rests on my pike"
Talen de L'eglantine - 3rd Year Student at Beacon
Kei Almas - 4th Year Student at Beacon - "Everything is ripe for the taking!"
Aurum LeBlanc - 3rd Year Student at Atlas - "Lay back, take it easy, and watch the comedy unfold"

Professors
Professor William Nox - "To contain the world in a grain of dust

Mikelobmike

• View Profile
Re: Take What You Can - Give Nothing Back! [CLOSED]
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 01:27:08 AM »
Chris bounced in place for a few seconds after stepping off the airship, shifting his weight from one leg to the other. "I knew they would have me make that up eventually." he said, moving to an unoccupied corner of the airship dock so he could stretch out for a bit. He was supposed to go on a community service mission a few weeks ago, something about working security for a local parade. When his leg was shattered, that kind of put a stop to those ideas. Thanks to the marvels of modern medicine, he was back to top speed again, but he still had to make up the mission at some point.

He made his way over to the meeting point, stopping along the way to practice his freerunning on his healed leg. He rounded a corner, popping out of an alleyway just by the meeting location. "Man, it feels good to be on my feet again." he said to nobody in particular, moving with a small crowd. As he got to the meeting spot he saw her. It was the woman that chased him all over town and caused him to break his leg. He just went up to her, a shocked expression on his face. He pointed a finger at her and said the first thing that came to his head. "You!"
1st Year Beacon Student Michael Vaktar http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,589.0.html
1st Year Beacon Student Chris "The Tiger" Sebei  http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,601.0.html
1st Year Student Theodore "Teddy" Williams http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,744.0.html
3rd Year Beacon Student Justice Montenegro http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,1081.0.html

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 04:06:27 AM »
"Huh?

Kei stared at the boy for a good five seconds, moving the finger aside with her own while studying the boy's shocked expression. Odd, she thought, the boy seemed familiar somehow. Did she steal from him? She had a vague feeling that it had something to do with a theft, or not. Just as she was about to ask who he was it all clicked and suddenly she found herself pointing back at him.

"YOU!?!?!?!? You're one of the kids I'm supposed to be joining? Wait, You're a student?
Students
Wisteria Lockheart - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Don't make me throw a book at you"
Shiroe Pendragon - 1st Year Student at beacon - "This is my monochrome reality" - Team MARS
Lavender du Lac - 1st Year Student at Haven -  "The harder I try the further things drift away."
Vermilion Desdemona - 3rd Year Student at Beacon - "Only time you'd be above me is when your head rests on my pike"
Aurum LeBlanc - 3rd Year Student at Atlas - "Lay back, take it easy, and watch the comedy unfold"

Professors

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    (´・ω・`) | I feel down the stairs and ravioli on me
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 06:47:48 AM »
You get caught with one beer on camp grounds. One. Her old master had bought it for her the last time they met up in town, and she decided to finish it off at home. But some damn hawk-eyed professor caught glimpse of it, and now she had to do community service.

She sighed as she stepped out into the streets. It was fine, though. After all, nobody would bend the rules for her. It would be downright silly if they did. As such, she would take her punishment with stride. The shield maiden was unarmed today, and dressed in a pair of shorts and a tank top. She wasn't expecting to be fighting today, but she had at least brought Justice with her, currently in a scabbard on her belt. Better than nothing, at least.

She sauntered over to where they were supposed to meet up to see two people apparently quite displeased with seeing each other. Oh, joy. This was going to be a fun day.

"Afternoon." She greeted them, placing a hand on her hip. She sincerely hoped what they were going to do wasn't going to be heavily reliant on teamwork. It didn't seem like that would work out.
Razzmatazz Gele - 2nd Year warrior of happiness of Team ____. "Oh, I also like ____! Let's be friends!"

Janna Tarmac - 1st Year tank lady of Team DGTL. "Our job is to protect the innocent, and that's what I do."

Reginald Royale - 1st year snotty brat of team RBLS. "I'm telling father about this!"

Rufus Chocla - 2nd year freestyle rapper of team APRC. "Rap comes from the Soul, don't mess with the Flow, if you can't take no more, don't wait for Encore!"

Anza Burgundy - 1st Year archer of team CRSA. "War eagle, feller!"

Silica Methiviola - Assistant to the Royale Family/Reginald. "Suck my metaphorical dick, nerd."

Coconut Cream - 1st Year pervert of team CASA. "B-before we fight could you just like... nyah once for me?"

Tiber Rostrum - 1st year Bea(k)on student. "*Unintelligible, birdlike gibberish*"

My good ole AMA

Mikelobmike

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 10:16:51 AM »
Chris pushed the finger pointing at him out of the way, ignoring the girl arriving on the scene. She could be talked to later, but he needed some answers now. "You're the one that chased me off of that building! And you're supposed to be a huntress in training?!" he shouted back, giving Kei an angry glare.
1st Year Beacon Student Michael Vaktar http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,589.0.html
1st Year Beacon Student Chris "The Tiger" Sebei  http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,601.0.html
1st Year Student Theodore "Teddy" Williams http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,744.0.html
3rd Year Beacon Student Justice Montenegro http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,1081.0.html

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2017, 11:05:49 PM »
Kei scoffed at the remark and grinned, also ignoring the newcomer, "And who's fault is that? Mr. Failure of a pickpocket!" She said, puffing her chest out while recalling the funny chase. "Are you sure only your legs broke because it seems like you might've taken a little bump to the head too!
Students

Professors

Mikelobmike

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2017, 11:16:17 PM »
Chris turned to the side, his hands to his face out of frustration. He quickly snapped back, going directly in her face. "I WASN'T TRYING TO PICKPOCKET YOU!" he yelled, fuming at this point. "If you really thought I was trying to pickpocket you, why did you dump 2000 lien on me and walk away?!"

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2017, 07:29:00 AM »
"So you were just trying to grope now. Kei added, smugly, "So you aren't a thief but a pervert. Also that 2000 was to help your broke ass with hospital bills since you can't jump for shit.

Craning her neck over to the newcomer it took Kei a good few seconds to process before saying, "See, even she thinks you're a weirdo.
Students

Professors

Mikelobmike

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2017, 10:46:16 AM »
Chris gritted his teeth, trying to keep a level head and a calm demeanor. 'The professor told me that I'd be grouped up with a fourth year and a first year, so there's like a 50/50 chance that this slanderous bitch could drop me on the spot if I tried anything.' he thought, taking a deep breath to try and calm himself. "The only reason she'd have to think that is because you keep slinging bullshit around! You can't go chasing people around like a psycho and go chasing people off buildings and decide to call other people weird" he said, slipping his hand into his back pocket. He quickly pulled out a few bills from his wallet, tossing them in Kei's face. "I don't need your money, I don't need your shit, and I don't need you. I can do this mission by myself."

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2017, 11:05:53 AM »
Janna looked between the pair in front of her, and placed a hand on her forehead. God, she wished she had that beer now.

"Look, I don't know either of you, and I ain't gonna pass any judgement on either of you here. Can we just... Get going? What are we even here to do, exactly?" She asked, crossing her arms. Of course, if this guy decides to fuck off and do what they were supposed to do all on his own... Well, it's not as though she would complain.
Razzmatazz Gele - 2nd Year warrior of happiness of Team ____. "Oh, I also like ____! Let's be friends!"

Janna Tarmac - 1st Year tank lady of Team DGTL. "Our job is to protect the innocent, and that's what I do."

Reginald Royale - 1st year snotty brat of team RBLS. "I'm telling father about this!"

Rufus Chocla - 2nd year freestyle rapper of team APRC. "Rap comes from the Soul, don't mess with the Flow, if you can't take no more, don't wait for Encore!"

Silica Methiviola - Assistant to the Royale Family/Reginald. "Suck my metaphorical dick, nerd."

Coconut Cream - 1st Year pervert of team CASA. "B-before we fight could you just like... nyah once for me?"

Tiber Rostrum - 1st year Bea(k)on student. "*Unintelligible, birdlike gibberish*"

My good ole AMA

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2017, 06:44:12 AM »
"Little brat. Kei muttered before turning to Janna. "Well, look behind you.

Kei and the others were conveniently standing right in front of the building they were supposed to be assisting. The building was part of an information distribution center and also had databases dedicated to storage and processing. Due to the nature of the place Kei and the other two little brats were stuck with mail distribution to the various cubicles among over a hundred floors each containing either office cubicles with telecommunications employees or  private offices and computer servers. Exactly why they had to deal with mail. Physical, paper mail and sometimes packages, Kei didn't know. Didn't they have mailtubes and scrolls for that? Shrugging at the though Kei cocked her head towards the building as she lead the way through the gates presenting her school I.D while whistling at the moody boy to join them.

The sun was still up and apparently employees stayed late at the building. Unfortunately Kei, Chris, and Janna had to also assist with minor janitorial duties to keep them busy.

"Well, here we are. We have to register at the front desk or something before we get started, you two should be able to write your own names right? They teach you that much in first year? Kei laughed at her crude joke and hopped over the the front desk, manned by a dead-eyed middle-aged woman who seemed way too unenthusiastic about a bunch of kids 'helping' out a friend of the boss' - AKA the Professor Kei pissed off(and maybe the other two as well).

"Welcome to VALINCO or Vale Information Corporate how can I assist you students of Beacon Academy?"  the woman greeted, her tone chip despite her appearance. "Oh, you must be the assistants sent over. Scan your scrolls here and head to floor 12 to start your duties."

"Thanks?" Kei replied, wondering how such a youthful voice came from such a depressing old thing.

Connecting her scroll the building's mainframe Kei received a detailed map along with job assignments as well as a prepared schedule. Talk about efficient. Unfortunately the trio had to do stuff as a group for the meantime until further notice and that meant having to stick with Mr. Loner back there.

Kei headed straight to the elevator and wondered if she could find a good opportunity to learn about good looting spots. Hacking wasn't her forte though and she quickly dismissed the thought. Unless she somehow got off radar she wouldn't be able to get anywhere near the servers. Security seemed tight enough that there were guards patrolling the grounds below and the occasional officers per floor as stated by the details in her scroll.

Waiting for the two kids Kei sighed and hoped the day would go smoothly and quickly. She didn't want to be stuck with two brats for the rest of the day. Besides, she was planning on her revenge on that damned professor.
Students

Professors

Mikelobmike

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2017, 10:53:43 AM »
His point made, Chris kept quiet as he entered behind the other two. He put his energy into trying to remember the lyrics to a song he's heard maybe twice. A futile effort, but it gets his attention away from the obnoxious girl for at least a little while. He scanned his scroll, looking at his job assignment for today. 'Group work. Great. Just what I wanted to do.' he thought, keeping his eyes on the scroll to avoid having to talk to Kei. He stepped into the elevator and tightened his mask, moving his hand along the curve of his head to smooth it out.

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2017, 11:01:07 AM »
Janna shook her head once more and followed the girl who appeared to be the fourth year. She checked herself in with her scroll and checked the task. While certainly not exciting or pleasant, at least it seemed simple. Even if they needed cooperation, at least there weren't many ways for them to fuck it up. Hopefully.

She stepped into the elevator as well, pocketing her scroll and crossing her arms. Glancing between the two, she could feel the sexual tension. The shield maiden scratched the back of her neck and adjusted her belt, straightening out her scabbard. So long as things went swimmingly, she could at least be done with this early enough to meet her old master and nag at her for the whole beer incident. But somehow she also felt that wasn't meant to be.

My good ole AMA

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2017, 07:48:07 PM »
Kei yawned as the three of them got to the elevators and idly tapped her foot as some jazzy elevator music started playing. Just before the doors closed several other people, seemingly out of nowhere jammed the door with their suitcases and quickly pried the doors open, squishing the students to the corner with Chris and Janna pressed up against Kei. As the Elevator went up Kei noticed a funky smell coming from one of the employees and coughed, trying to hint at the rudeness of farting in an elevator full of people though the other employees just seemed as robotic as the rest of them. It felt like forever but they finally reached their floor and Kei burst out gasping for air as the doors opened and quickly leaned against a cubicle wall with a hand to her throat as she waited for the other two to come out. Angrily eyeing the office workers Kei got nothing but vacant looks and maybe even the occasional look of pity. This might be a daily occurrence to them it seems.

The torturous ordeal didn't come without reward however, and Kei managed to swipe a wallet or two from some people as she waddled her way out a moment before. Having hid the objects neatly in her satchel with no eyes having seen her get away with it, Kei grinned and motioned for the Chris and Janna to hurry up, unless of course they intended to live the rest of their pity existences as sardines in an elevator full of dead employees.
Students

Professors

Mikelobmike

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2017, 12:52:48 AM »
Chris almost growled in annoyance when the group of people pressed into the elevator. He had enough to deal with with this assignment and that damn girl. He pushed through the mass of people, stepping off the elevator and reaching his hand back to press on the sides of the elevator. He looked back at Janna, regaining a lot of his composure. "Come on, wouldn't want the doors closing on you, right?" he said with a small smile. If there was one thing reliable about him, he could put away damn well anything if he thinks he has a chance at being smooth.