Author Topic: The Lonely Road [Shard INC] [Closed]  (Read 23960 times)

Glow

• Personal Text
    Ayo
    • View Profile
Re: The Lonely Road [Shard INC] [Closed]
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2017, 05:37:53 PM »
The immediate foes around Revya were shot down, and the others chose wisely to back off further, retreating towards the pack leaders in a group, trying to cut off the two from getting to their allies. A few stray wolves tried to move in closer, taking their chances against the two hunters despite how many of their kind they had just taken down in an effort to hold them off.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The rather loud booming sound coupled with the previous fire left the two smarter Grimm aware of where the two had quickly gone two; and neither were they quite stupid enough to take the immediate attacks to the face. Breaking apart from each other a small distance, avoiding the powerful but straight-lined attack of Juno that left a crater where it hit, they both moved back in an effort to avoid the rubble. Brook had slightly more luck: the greater range of her weapon clipped one of the two, leaving a large cut across the beast's hide. Yowling in annoyance and pain, they moved back together, now slightly more distinguishable by the ghastly red mark on the side of one. They seemed to be reassessing their opponents carefully.
Lynn Aubin, Module-003 'Reaper' of Quartz Industries

Peperian Emem, Legend of Beacon, The God. MEME

ecksdeeeXD

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2017, 09:46:47 PM »
"Don't ease up! Jump!" Brook called out, waiting for her impromptu partner to get his feet off the ground for her to launch him again by pushing on his heels with her staff. Sending Juno soaring towards the one she'd already hurt. It would be good to switch up attack order though and Brook dashed forwards with her semblance. A flurry of eagle feathers flew forwards, passing around and over Juno's soaring body, and re-materializing as the girl, her hands and staff poised like a baseball batter, standing at the beast's injured side -away from its partner- with her muscles tense and coiled like a spring about to let go . Howling, she swung, aiming to impale the bladed eagle wing of her staff in between the injured beowolf's limbs.
Zora Akash - The Sunset Scholar - First Year - Team PENDING

Elidyr Vulcan - The Copper Creator - Fourth Year - Team PENDING

Running Brook Sienna - The Purple Pugilist - Fourth Year - Team PENDING

Ashelynne Campbell - The Sapphire Sleeper - First Year - Team PENDING

Mikelobmike

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2017, 10:02:27 AM »
Michael spent his efforts trying to keep an open area for Revya to fall back to if he got cornered. He fired more fire dust, catching a bit of the grass on fire. Upon seeing the beowolves beginning to regroup, Michael was understandably concerned. "We need to get back. Like, right now!" he yelled towards Revya.
1st Year Beacon Student Michael Vaktar http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,589.0.html
1st Year Beacon Student Chris "The Tiger" Sebei  http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,601.0.html
1st Year Student Theodore "Teddy" Williams http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,744.0.html
3rd Year Beacon Student Justice Montenegro http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,1081.0.html

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    There's no accounting for dumbass
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2017, 11:24:54 AM »
Hearing the shouting from Michael pulled Revya's attention from the fighting he was already doing to the overall situation. "Got it. I'll clear a path. With that said the to of Revya's scythe came to rest on the ground and Revya stepped onto it. With a pull of the trigger Revya and his weapon shot into the air. Re-angling himself and firing again propelled him towards the Beowolfs moving to cut him and Michael off. Landing between two of the such creatures Revya swung his scythe to position the blade hooking behind one before he simply let go of his weapon. He twisted his body to turn and face the wolf behind him whilst his finger brushed the trigger causing the kinetic dust to fire again and throw the scythe again. the blade ripping through the Beowolf Revya was facing away from and the pommel shooting into the chest of the one he had turned to face.
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

Zwei Not

• "Better than Krillin"

• Personal Text
    The man your man could post like
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2017, 04:46:05 PM »
Juno was quick to leap into the air once the order was called, balancing himself as he was launched into the Beowolf. Rearing his hand back, Juno flicked his wrist, his hand becoming enveloped in small green hexagonal figures before solidifying into a massive gauntlet. The second he was close enough to hit, Juno threw his fist forward, only to open his palm and attempt to grab the Beowolf's chest, attempting to force the beast into the ground.

[Slots Active: 1; Charging: 0; Standby: 4]
Juno Varia: The Street Punk

Juno Vert: 1st year student of Beacon, Armored leader of Team VCVS

Phi: #007ba7

Nebu Nekhbet: DUAT unit 01: Desegnation RA

Nebu/Rho: #FFD700

Austin Vartra: TBA

Glow

• Personal Text
    Ayo
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2017, 06:17:47 PM »
The sudden movement left the two beowolves trying to move away from the flurry of motion, trying to cover one another. As the staff strike came in from one side, the beast ducked down, attempting to move out the way, but still taking a glancing blow that raked into the tough bone, getting somewhat jammed into it. However, it doesn't manage to dodge the following slam from the giant glowing hand, being pushed into the ground with a yowl. Its partner growls, trying to take advantage of the two temporarily motionless hunters, leaping over the other alpha and trying to bite down onto Juno's shoulder, then barrel into Brook.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The constant flames keep the beowolves away from Michael, forming a natural barrier against them. If natural counted as shredded and ignited fire dust lining the ground like napalm, burning any of them that tried to push their luck away. Reyva's more aggressive movements quickly dispatch the nearby Grimm, but they keep trying to move together and back, trying to block their passage to the Alphas, growling and waiting till the hunters moved before making any response.

ecksdeeeXD

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2017, 09:13:24 AM »
Brook felt her muscles reel and her shoulders shudder as her blade lodged into beowolf bone, hand shock blistering pain into her palms. The brunette grunted, attempting to yank it free but sadly, it was lodged in deep, barely a few inches of blade left not embedded in the grimm. The slam from Juno quickly lurched her staff from her grip too.  "Dammit." She cursed under her breath, hissing through clenched teeth. Resigning herself to hand to hand for the moment until that grimm decided to let go of her weapon, Brook reached down to her belt, sliding her hands expertly into their sleeves. Sliding her gloves on all the way to her elbows, Brook was forced to rip her belt loops on her pants, sparing no time to tighten her gloves while the enemy was so close. Brook looked over as the beowolf fell before the other rolled into her. "Hey, get off!, ass hat" She yelled, exploding into a flurry of lavender feathers out from underneath the grimm and rematerializing a few feet over it, roaring as she fell to drive her fist into her attacker's neck with her exceptional faunus strength, complemented by the force of gravity.

Mikelobmike

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2017, 05:46:52 PM »
It was a simple enough strategy. Reyva clears a path, Michael burns everything that is not in that direction. Michael continued to keep the barrier of fire up against the grimm that were too close. Unfortunately, keeping up with that meant that he could not move nearly as quickly as Reyva could clear the path. He struggled to keep up, and almost fell a few times in an attempt to essentially sprint backwards.
1st Year Beacon Student Michael Vaktar http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,589.0.html
1st Year Beacon Student Chris "The Tiger" Sebei  http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,601.0.html
1st Year Student Theodore "Teddy" Williams http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,744.0.html
3rd Year Beacon Student Justice Montenegro http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,1081.0.html

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2017, 09:57:02 AM »
Whilst dancing around the Beowolves with his scythe swinging Revya noticed Michael's struggle to keep up with him and ceased his advance for a moment taking a step back towards Michael as he continued swinging. Trying to allow the boy to catch up before pushing forward at a slower pace. Unfortunately being slower moving left him open with his scythe form active. "Can you buy me a few seconds!" He shouted to his partner.
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

Zwei Not

• "Better than Krillin"

• Personal Text
    The man your man could post like
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2017, 01:08:36 PM »
Juno kept his weight on the grounded Beowulf, pressing the hardlight palm on the beast's ribcage as his fingers tightened around its torso. However, he hadn't accounted for the second Alpha, leaving him to only duck as the beast sailed above him, losing his ground as Brook materialized above the uninjured Alpha... and forcing him to surrender ground and leverage. He wouldn't be able to maintain his hold on the wolf, so he planted a foot on the beast's chest and shoving off as the hardlight gauntlet dispersed, sending himself sailing back. Quick to ensure a safe landing, however, Juno flicked his wrist twice, causing two disks to materialize stacked under his hand before lobbing them forward, both of which traveled in separate arcing paths toward the injured Alpha.
Juno Varia: The Street Punk

Juno Vert: 1st year student of Beacon, Armored leader of Team VCVS

Phi: #007ba7

Nebu Nekhbet: DUAT unit 01: Desegnation RA

Nebu/Rho: #FFD700

Austin Vartra: TBA

Glow

• Personal Text
    Ayo
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2017, 11:19:07 PM »
There was a firm crunch as Brook's fist jammed straight through one bit the armour didn't cover; it's neck. It wouldn't have been able to move its head, otherwise, and these were still just beowolves. The beast let out a light whining sound, choking out before going limp, dissipating. The other alpha was knocked back harshly by Juno, being hit further by the twin blades, and fell into a heap for a second before shakily getting to its feet. It stared hatefully at the duo for a moment, before noticing the approaching Reyva and Michael along with the loss of its co-alpha, letting out a pained-sounding howl to the pack before attempting to half-limp half-run out of the clearing.

The rest of the beowolves stood stock still for a second, a few quickly being cut down by the hunters or shot by some of the soldiers, before following quickly after the alpha, exiting the clearing in a flurry of action before leaving it stock-still, the last gunshots ringing before falling silent again.

"...well, that was a bit of a fucking mess." Willow eloquently commented.

ecksdeeeXD

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2017, 11:36:35 AM »
"Oh!" Brook grunted slightly as she felt her fist make contact, almost doing a one handed hand stand on the grimm's nape before it dissipated. Instincts kicking in, she tucked forwards, rolling off the ground onto her feet. Standing tall, Brook glanced around. The fight seemed to be turning in their favor. "Hey, where do you think you're going with that?!" She bellowed at the fleeing and injured alpha, her weapon still lodged firmly in its bone, hurriedly catching up to it in a blur of semblance feathers. The girl materialized right in front of the retreating alpha, looking it in the eyes as she sent her fist towards its nose, loosing a guttural roar, before rolling to yank her weapon free, leaving the beast to die or flee as it saw fit. No use chasing, grimm always had a tendency to come back anyway.

Walking back towards the others, staff resting against one shoulder like a rifle, Brook nodded at willow. "Tell me about it." She said before turning to look at the rest of her teammates, "You guys alright?"
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 01:27:33 AM by ecksdeeeXD »

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2018, 09:20:02 AM »
The moment the grimm had begun to run away Revya had run over to where ladybug had wound up and was inspecting the damage from his crash. "Bastards scratched the paint. Everything else seems fine."

Mikelobmike

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2018, 03:31:53 PM »
It was fortunate that the beowolves cleared out when they did. Michael walked back to the group with a bit of an awkward limp. Nothing was broken, but his boot was snagged in his armor. He walked over and sat near the rest of the group. "I guess that was only moderately embarrassing." he said, smacking his leg in an attempt to get his boot unstuck

Glow

• Personal Text
    Ayo
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2018, 06:46:48 PM »
The final alpha struggled against the pull, before the removal of the weapon from its body caused it to shudder and collapse onto the ground. There was a last few blasts of gunfire from the soldiers, before a cheer slowly went around the other members of the expedition as the Grimm ran from the campsite, the non-combat members poking their heads out and checking if it was safe before cautiously walking out.

"Right, right. Well, good work everyone. Gather round!" The mercenary captain shouted out, grumbling for a moment before pulling out a smaller version of the map they had in the truck. He didn't waste time, apparently - surprisingly calm and no-nonsense with the situation, even for a merc. "I'm thinking after that, we take a quick break - probably got a little breathing room after that - then try to get out of this area quick a' we can. After that ruckus, probably ain't a good idea to stick around. Sound 'bout right?" By the tone of his voice, it wasn't so much asking a question as asking for confirmation from Brook, before turning back to the rest of them. "And really - good work. For such a sudden attack, y'all moved quick into action. Keep forgetting you lot really are suited to this stuff even this early on. Thanks for the help. Any of you need a bit of supplies there? Painkillers?" As he talked, the others slowly made their way back around the camp, grabbing stuff to put in the convoy so they'd be able to move quickly when they had to go.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 06:49:55 PM by Glow »