Author Topic: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]  (Read 50411 times)

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    (´・ω・`) | I feel down the stairs and ravioli on me
    • View Profile
Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2016, 08:39:39 AM »
There was a small tree in Janna's flight path. It didn't stay there for long, as her shield crashed through it and into a larger on the other side. The shield maiden angled it down further to essentially ride the tree trunk down, down, down to the grass below. The tree now bore a rather noticeable indentation on its side, like a scar running down from its top to its bottom.

Janna huffed as she rubbed her arm. Rough landing. She strapped her other shield to her other vambrace and took her swords off her back. Sure, it wasn't all that comfortable to be wielding them all the time, but if a monster attacked her now, she'd be fully prepared.

Razzmatazz Gele - 2nd Year warrior of happiness of Team ____. "Oh, I also like ____! Let's be friends!"

Janna Tarmac - 1st Year tank lady of Team DGTL. "Our job is to protect the innocent, and that's what I do."

Reginald Royale - 1st year snotty brat of team RBLS. "I'm telling father about this!"

Rufus Chocla - 2nd year freestyle rapper of team APRC. "Rap comes from the Soul, don't mess with the Flow, if you can't take no more, don't wait for Encore!"

Anza Burgundy - 1st Year archer of team CRSA. "War eagle, feller!"

Silica Methiviola - Assistant to the Royale Family/Reginald. "Suck my metaphorical dick, nerd."

Coconut Cream - 1st Year pervert of team CASA. "B-before we fight could you just like... nyah once for me?"

Tiber Rostrum - 1st year Bea(k)on student. "*Unintelligible, birdlike gibberish*"

My good ole AMA

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    Infinite ADHD Asperger's physicist monkeys
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2016, 10:29:47 AM »
Less than a second before hitting the ground, Brock swung his hammer as hard as he could at the trunk of a large tree, trying to twist his body the opposite way to compensate. A large chunk of the trunk was smashed into pieces as Brock came to a thundering landing, rolling forwards to try and absorb as much of the impact as possible without breaking his legs. The tree fell beside him - a little too close for comfort.

He picked himself up and, after briefly looking for the Sun's position and comparing it with the time on his scroll, started walking directly opposite of the cliff with long strides. Not caring about stealth, he produced small thumps with every step.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 12:00:14 PM by nathan67003 »
Characters: ShowHide
Nathan Eau, De Facto Jetpack Guy and Leader of Team INKK
Camelia Sol, Miss Magnetic Personality and Leader of Team CAST
Anna Fall, Insightful Visionary of Team ASTC
Brock Greenwood, Human Titan of Team DGTL
Helena Chlophyll, Ray of Sunshine of Team CHES
Scarlett/Corinth,Korynn,etc. Briggart/Topaz (In the works)
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Maena Nadir, Coherent Beam of Team SSMR
Europa/Encela(dus)/Io/Callisto/Calypso (In the works)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"Some goddamn bullshit, Invictus Omega"
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"I swear it's not my fault"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Flooberoid

• Personal Text
    Who, memu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2016, 02:23:04 PM »
Hagane hadn't walked for long before a woman with a staff nearly collided with him at high speed. He reflexively drew his sword but dropped it into a relaxed position when he recognized the student. "What are you in such a hurry for? We're not exactly on a strict time limit." He gave her a small, amicable smile, relieved to have encountered another student so quickly.
1st Year Beacon Students: ShowHide
Hagane Inaba- Can melt steel beams. Leader of team HTDG
Mint Fresch- A chipper gale.
Persimmon Burhan- A douche.
Carnation Prescott- Get it, CAREa? Sorry.
Lissa Lime- Beacon's spinning top
Jacob Stillwater- Nailed it

Literally everyone else: ShowHide
Patchouli Breschi- First year at Shade. Don't let her penetrate you.
Diamante Solar- Third Year at Beacon. Feel the Light of the Holy Noodle!
Dannum Sohrab- Professor of practical combat skills at Shade. Or at least that's his excuse to blow things up.
Crystal Evermore- Aura professor at Beacon Academy.

Now introducing my AMCA, complete with apathy!

JupiterMoony

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    Foxes are cute okay?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2016, 06:18:29 PM »
Drab slows down and comes to a halt.
"Why can't a lady get this over and done with, also since you are here me that makes you my partner for now I guess," Drab gives Hagane a pat on the shoulder and walks towards the direction of the ruins.
Drab Sage Verdigis - With her, solid fireballs are a thing - Deep Frying HTDG

Leaf Swiftwind - You can't outround an F1 race car, can you? - The really speedy one of CLYS

Venus Magnus - The Voice On Air, the whisper in public

Haley Rich Viola What happens when an aristocrat meets rock

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2016, 10:23:01 AM »
Janna's attention turned to the sound of gunfire nearby. Hella lot of gunfire, actually. She took a breath, and started moving in the direction of the sound, prepared to fight off any grimm that would get in her way. If someone was in a fight, she was going to help.

As she got closer to where she heard the sound coming from, she started to hear several rhythmic thumps, barely audible over the clanging of her own armor. Still, it didn't take long for her to spot Brock's towering figure.

"Hey!" she called out. "Was that you making all that ruckus earlier?" The shield maiden asked, approaching him with her shields held to her sides.

Razzmatazz Gele - 2nd Year warrior of happiness of Team ____. "Oh, I also like ____! Let's be friends!"

Janna Tarmac - 1st Year tank lady of Team DGTL. "Our job is to protect the innocent, and that's what I do."

Reginald Royale - 1st year snotty brat of team RBLS. "I'm telling father about this!"

Rufus Chocla - 2nd year freestyle rapper of team APRC. "Rap comes from the Soul, don't mess with the Flow, if you can't take no more, don't wait for Encore!"

Silica Methiviola - Assistant to the Royale Family/Reginald. "Suck my metaphorical dick, nerd."

Coconut Cream - 1st Year pervert of team CASA. "B-before we fight could you just like... nyah once for me?"

Tiber Rostrum - 1st year Bea(k)on student. "*Unintelligible, birdlike gibberish*"

My good ole AMA

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2016, 11:02:52 AM »
Brock was walking through the forest's underbrush at a somewhat rapid pace when someone - a tall, possibly slim and fit under the plethora of armour - lass with dark hair and skin about as tanned as his own walked into his sight and started making her way over to him, asking from far away if he was the one who caused all the din. Continuing to move forward, he answered to be heard from a distance, though he still probably overdid it a bit, and said "Depends! Was it a giant thoom that seemed a bit like thunder? If yes, then that was me!" Thankfully, by the time they were closer to each other, he'd lowered his voice to a more manageable amount of decibels.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 12:01:07 PM by nathan67003 »
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Flooberoid

• Personal Text
    Who, memu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2016, 01:08:37 PM »
Well, that was quite the introduction. Hagane didn't expect to get along too well with this person... but he'd have to, wouldn't he? Did anyone bother to tell her that they would be partners for four years?
Hagane decided not to bring it up.
"All right then. No need to slow down, I suppose. I can keep up." Hagane looked around quickly to see if he could spot any other groups before catching up to her. "I'm Hagane, by the way. Hagane Inaba."

Dannum Sohrab- Professor of practical combat skills at Shade. Or at least that's his excuse to blow things up.

JupiterMoony

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    Foxes are cute okay?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2016, 08:48:02 PM »
"Drab Sage Verdigis, quite the mouthful so just call be Drab," Drab said as did a few practice swings. "So what's up in your life? So far nothing really for me, just having to deal with moving in to Beacon."

Leaf Swiftwind - You can't outround an F1 race car, can you? - The really speedy one of CLYS

Uncouth T-Rex

• Personal Text
    Unofficial Forum Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2016, 10:57:25 PM »
Siobhan found herself nervously peeking around Mr. Rosenrot's arm to take in all the different students on the projected scroll screen. Some of them had already run into trouble, and were, oh she couldn't watch, fighting for their lives! Why wasn't Mr. Rosenrot doing something? Perhaps he was very fast, or had some other means of reaching them...

Siegfried was so far quite confident in everyone's abilities. Those who had encountered Grimm, and only a handful of Beowulves and Boarbatusk at that, were performing exceptionally. For the moment, no one needed his...oh bother, he'd managed to overlook someone. A snowy-headed, frail boy...he'd thought that he'd merely sat down to regain his breath and aura after a genuinely rough landing. As it turned out, the lad was nursing what was starting to look frighteningly like a broken leg, gauging from his agonized grimace.

"Miss Clannad, it appears we have a serious injury on our hands. Shall you be alright while I fetch him?" he asked, and sensing time was of the essence, only waited long enough for her to nod. With swiftness that defied his mode of dress, he was on a platform and launching himself to the target location, leaving Siobhan by herself and more than a little anxious in the quiet of the breeze.

Deep within the trees, a low rumble could be heard, slowly growing in intensity until the entire forest vibrated with it. Something stirred, moving many limbs and clacking in anticipation. It had begun. It was time.
Seek Justice, Love Mercy, and walk humbly with your God.

Character List:
Spoiler: ShowHide
Marlon Murk-Leader of Team MRKD (Marked) "The power of the night, the press of the storm, The post of the foe; Where he stands, the Arch Fear in a visible form, Yet the strong man must go..."-Prospice, Robert Browning

Cheri Chanson-Team AFMC (Afirmacion) “The people who were trying to make this world worse are not taking the day off. Why should I?” -Bob Marley

Jack Pettibone-Leader of Team JCRA (Jackrabbit) "In my body, where the shame gland should be, there is a second awesome gland. True story."-Barney Stinson

Cherry Chainsaw "Wake up, I'm a bullet loosed Into the heart of a wretched age, I breathe just to beat and bruise, an evolution of the burnin' rage!"-Miracle of Sound, Hell to Pay

Professor Siobhan Clannad-Personal Finance and Home Economics Professor at Beacon Academy "We can do no great things, only small things with great love."-Unknown, often attributed to Saint Teresa of Calcutta

Professor Feltch Hatterly Criminal and International Law Professor at Beacon Academy "Art, like morality, consists of drawing the line somewhere."-G.K. Chesterton

Professor Scarlet Vandal Weapons Engineering and Design Professor at Beacon Academy "Perfection has one grave defect: It is apt to be dull."-W. Somerset Maugham

Character AMA here, Personal AMA here, Character/Plot Timeline here, Descent into Madness here

If you ever need writing advice, be it for a post, a plot, or a character, don't hesitate to ask, I'm happy to help! PM me if you need someone to DM Grimm or NPCs, or need my Professors in your threads, though my ability to help with that depends on my free time!

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2016, 10:18:10 AM »
Janna gave a short laugh. "Aye, it was! Well, I suppose we're gonna be partners for the time, eh? The name's Janna Tarmac. I'd shake your hand, but mine are a bit occupied right now." She said, before looking around as the noises in the forest began to pick up.

"I believe it's going to be a good idea for us to get moving. Maybe we can find some more students along the way, too." The maiden suggested. She was certainly concerned about some of the students she saw on the cliff. Of course, if you made it to Beacon, you could probably handle yourself. But that alone didn't put Janna at ease.

My good ole AMA

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2016, 10:55:34 AM »
Brock's smile widened as Janna spoke, a chuckle escaping as she joked. "Mine's Brock Greenwood. If you really want to get there quick, you can always jump on.", vaguely pointing his free thumb at the area behind his neck. With that, he gave her a small pat on the back and resumed his previous course, albeit at a somewhat quicker pace, the ground nearly wincing in pain with every step.
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Flooberoid

• Personal Text
    Who, memu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2016, 01:23:03 PM »
"Nothing much, honestly. I've been a country boy most of my life, just moved to Vale a couple years ago. I guess I'm still trying to get used to that on top of getting settled into Beacon." Right after saying that, Hagane heard the rumbling. He considered the implications of that. To what extent was Beacon in control of these tests? Surely they couldn't capture Grimm, but could specific Grimm be herded or lured into the testing grounds? No, that was likely impossible. If what they were hearing was indeed Grimm, it could not be a planned part of their initiation. Regardless, it would probably become one.
He turned to Drab. "What do you think that was? Because whatever it was, I think we're headed towards it."

JupiterMoony

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    Foxes are cute okay?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2016, 04:47:15 PM »
Drab took her time thinking what possible things could make a rumble like that.
"Well we have no choice,  the only direction of progress is straight towards the ruins, and it must be big if it can make the ground shake," Drab then scratches the back of her head with a confused look. "Just which one?"

Uncouth T-Rex

• Personal Text
    Unofficial Forum Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2016, 11:07:15 PM »
Flying high above the treetops, a pair of van-sized Nevermore circled lazily on thermals, searching for an easy target to pick off. They'd been watching the manthings from afar earlier, knowing that like every year, humans would enter the forest and leave themselves open for attack. The pair were an old one, experienced beyond the level their size would suggest, and had managed to severely wound and in one or two cases many years ago, kill the unwary. Not the large one and the one with metal skin, too heavy to carry off swiftly...the others...yes, especially that small one.

Silently, they dove, swooping down as one to blast through the treetops directly in front of the female they'd seen climbing the cliffside earlier. The first screamed and flared its wings wide, peppering the entire area with foot-long darts, while its companion slipped around behind and dove for the small male, aiming to snatch him up in its talons and ascend, stabbing away with its beak all the while.

The King Taijitu had been following the metalskin at a distance for some time now, watching ever-patient as she made her way through the trees. Even when she was joined by the large male, it had given no indication of its intent. Soundlessly, its body, easily the thickness of a subway car, slid in between the trees, taking advantage of the areas with less underbrush to avoid any unwanted noise. They were getting closer, closer to where it needed them to be...

Siegfried landed gently near where the young boy had fallen. As he had feared, the lad's leg was most likely broken, and the pain was making him fade...only one thing for it, then. "Fear not, I am here to get you safely home. Hold still, please." As the soft-eyed student stared up at him in awe, he extended a hand, clenched it, and froze the ice dust he'd scattered into a solid block around the injured leg. "That should numb the pain a bit, too. Hold steady, stiff upper lip, you know."

He walked over quickly, and helping the boy up, readied himself to depart. That was, at least until an impressive Beowulf Apha crashed into the clearing, snarling bloody murder and rattling its bone spines. Its charge tore several young trees out of the ground, and its slavering jaws could easily tear a man in two.

"Oh, come off it..." Siegfried muttered, reaching out and flicking a small condensed bit of impact dust at the beast, right at its center of mass. The resulting explosion sent it hurtling backward through the trunk of a large tree, killing it before its body even struck the trunk. A click of his heels had him rocketing skyward by way of fire and impact dust, the now fainted boy in his arms.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 11:09:42 PM by Uncouth T-Rex »
Seek Justice, Love Mercy, and walk humbly with your God.

Character List:
Spoiler: ShowHide
Marlon Murk-Leader of Team MRKD (Marked) "The power of the night, the press of the storm, The post of the foe; Where he stands, the Arch Fear in a visible form, Yet the strong man must go..."-Prospice, Robert Browning

Cheri Chanson-Team AFMC (Afirmacion) “The people who were trying to make this world worse are not taking the day off. Why should I?” -Bob Marley

Jack Pettibone-Leader of Team JCRA (Jackrabbit) "In my body, where the shame gland should be, there is a second awesome gland. True story."-Barney Stinson

Cherry Chainsaw "Wake up, I'm a bullet loosed Into the heart of a wretched age, I breathe just to beat and bruise, an evolution of the burnin' rage!"-Miracle of Sound, Hell to Pay

Professor Siobhan Clannad-Personal Finance and Home Economics Professor at Beacon Academy "We can do no great things, only small things with great love."-Unknown, often attributed to Saint Teresa of Calcutta

Professor Feltch Hatterly Criminal and International Law Professor at Beacon Academy "Art, like morality, consists of drawing the line somewhere."-G.K. Chesterton

Professor Scarlet Vandal Weapons Engineering and Design Professor at Beacon Academy "Perfection has one grave defect: It is apt to be dull."-W. Somerset Maugham

Character AMA here, Personal AMA here, Character/Plot Timeline here, Descent into Madness here

If you ever need writing advice, be it for a post, a plot, or a character, don't hesitate to ask, I'm happy to help! PM me if you need someone to DM Grimm or NPCs, or need my Professors in your threads, though my ability to help with that depends on my free time!

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2016, 06:47:18 AM »
"I think I can keep going m'self, thank you very much." Janna said with a smirk, following the towering man. She kept her shields up to her sides just in case as they moved along.

"Have you encountered any grimm yet? I can only guess all that noise I heard earlier was to do with your landing strategy, am i right?" The woman asked, keeping her eyes peeled for any sign of monsters nearby. Yet she didn't see anything. not yet.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 07:15:31 AM by Walter »

My good ole AMA