Author Topic: Airship docks, Vale - Arriving for the Festival (Open)  (Read 7043 times)

OmegaX123

• View Profile
Airship docks, Vale - Arriving for the Festival (Open)
« on: September 20, 2016, 09:49:12 PM »
An airship pulls into the docks, and Martin saunters down the ramp, looking around as he does. First day in a new kingdom, and it's actually cool enough that he doesn't need the Dust woven into his shirt to keep the heat away. A lot more vibrant that Vacuo, too. "Guess I should have expected the streets'd be so packed, what with the festival and all," he mused under his breath. "Hope I get a chance to see the sights, looks like I could get swept away in this crowd and end up anywhere." Several people jostle Martin as he tries to find his footing in the crowd, but miraculously, no one even tries to pick his pocket. Or maybe that's just him being paranoid after living in the desert all his life where people would do anything to survive.
Martin Roja - 1st2nd-year student nosey-pants (see "Chasing Shadows" for details) of ShadeBeacon Academy (see "Under the Vacuan Stars" and "Immigration Blues" for details)

Kiith

• Personal Text
    I don't know what I'm doing
    • View Profile
Re: Airship docks, Vale - Arriving for the Festival (Open)
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 05:39:13 AM »
In all honesty, Xanh had expected this trip to turn out a little different. And by 'a little different' she meant not being left alone in this huge cluster of people clogging up the place while her friends just buggered off or something. "Come on, I don't want to wait around alone", he said. "He's a cool dude, it's going to be fun!", he said. And after the long lost friend he wanted to welcome in Vale had arrived it of course did not even take two minutes to go their own way without even saying a word.

'Yeah, screw you too, Rufus', she thought with a slight frown on her face, trying to stretch a bit in order to maybe have a look above the sea of heads, hoping to spot whom she was looking for. To be fair: they may not have left her standing here on her own on purpose. The whole dock area was so crammed with people either disembarking the airships or trying to get on their ride in time that it did not take all too much to lose one another inbetween all the unknown faces or to be carried away by the flow running through the crowd. Not that Xanh would put it past Rufus to forget about anything and anyone else the moment he got what he wanted - that in fact sounded very much like him. But she would not be surprised if the dynamic of this mess had taken care of this issue before he had to do anything about it himself.

With that conclusion reached Xanh let out a quiet sigh, fading quickly behind the constant cascade of sounds emitted by this busy scene. Granted, it was amazing to see all these visitors flocking in from all corners of the world, with by far the most of them probably turning up for the Vytal festival. But in this giant clusterfuck it was just impossible to make anything of it. Thus, she finally gave up trying to get an overview of the crowd and turned around in order to leave the docks behind, burying her hands in the deep pockets of her shorts.
The way back however was not all too pleasant either. With all the arrivals making their way towards the city proper there was always someone in the way as people tried to push past each other or keep up with the entourages they were travelling with. And as one such passerby who seemed to be in a hurry attempted to squeeze through the gap between her and some older gentleman the full weight of the bag he was carrying hit an unsuspecting Xanh in the back, knocking her a good bit to the side - and right towards Martin, who seemed to be riding with the crowd as well.

"Fuck you, too, man!", Xanh shouted after the guy as she regained a halfway solid stance, even though she could not even see him anymore between all the silhouettes, making her seem maybe a little more agitated than she really was. As the girl received no further reaction she shifted a little, for going by the faint pain in her shoulder she had been smacked right into somebody. "Sorry, dude. Are you alright?"

OmegaX123

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2016, 07:58:50 AM »
Truthfully, Martin had been knocked off-balance by the girl's somewhat-violent arrival, and was only saved from landing flat on his behind by his Huntsman reflexes. He didn't have the heart to say so though, she looked to be nearly as lost as he, and he had seen what had happened. "Yeah, all good here," he replied. "What about you? People really need to watch where they're going," he practically yelled after the one who had knocked her in his direction.
Martin Roja - 1st2nd-year student nosey-pants (see "Chasing Shadows" for details) of ShadeBeacon Academy (see "Under the Vacuan Stars" and "Immigration Blues" for details)

LuckyStar

• Personal Text
    Licky Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2016, 08:50:57 AM »
"Now don't be feisty, you aren't the only one here," Nike said warmly yet firmly behind Martin, she herself has just arrived in Vale, she was on a mission in Vacuo tackling a raider camp and decided it would be fun to return to something she enjoys,  th Vytal Festival. First thing she hears however was Martin, she could not help but be a bit annoyed.
I luv my CC: ShowHide
 2nd Year Roaring Tiger Cidrine Laohu

2nd Year Flower Mechanic Sakura Lunciar - Proudly HRMS

3rd Year Aurora Beats Aurelia Hestia

3rd Year Demon Cat Kelly Green - Proudly DVGS(hopefully0

4th Year Butterfly Samurai Uken Takeda -

Fisherman, Florist, Sniper Thurn Gassenwald - "I'm hooked on a feeling!"

Hunter, Doctor, Lawyer, Goddess of Victory Nike Fortunato -"Please stop calling me the Goddess of Victory..."

OmegaX123

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2016, 09:28:10 AM »
"Sorry, just bugs me how oblivious some people can be,"he said, unaware of his own two upcoming moments that would make that statement hilarious in hindsight, "just knocking into people willy-nilly and not even saying a word."

Kiith

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2016, 09:42:14 AM »
Rubbing her shoulder a little Xanh nodded towards Martin in a gesture of reassurance. "Last time I checked everything was still attached", she elaborated verbally, an amused smile carefully sneaking its way on her face. "So it's fine, really". The faint pain in the upper part of her arm was also gone by now, and so she took her hand off it to instead give the guy a quick pat on the back "Don't sweat, I can't really do anything about it with all these people anyw-..."

Xanh did not, however, quite get to finish her assertion as both of them were interrupted by a yet formless voice, in essence stating the same thing she had wanted to say - just a lot more direct. Swinging her head around towards the source of this interjection her eyes fell upon the woman who apparently had been held up by this little incident and was not all too amused by how it has been handled up until now. For a moment, she gave her a frown. Why did these run-in incidents always have to be blown out of proportion by something or someone...?

"Yeah, there's also a lot of ignorant numbnuts around", she said in reply to Nike, shrugging of the hint of irritation that had built up inside her. "But you can't do anything about them. I'm sure you know what I mean".

LuckyStar

• Personal Text
    Licky Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2016, 10:08:56 AM »
"I do agree with the both of you, after all being a lawyer and a doctor myself I tend to get people who refuse to get anything through their head," Nike sighed at the thought, her swan wings gave a small flap before ticking it neatly. "Well I can't really blame them either, sometimes ignorance helps a person pull through their last few moments in life and end it all with a reassuring smile. But that, was just rude of him."

Hunter, Doctor, Lawyer, Goddess of Victory Nike Fortunato -"Please stop calling me the Goddess of Victory..."

OmegaX123

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2016, 11:11:45 AM »
"That's true," Martin mused, noting the newcomer's wings but showing no outward reaction. He turned to the 'middle domino' of the recent collision. "Hey, you're from Vacuo too?" He supposed he could be wrong, she could be from Vale, Atlas or Mistral for all he knew, and just had a parent from Vacuo, or just happened to have the 'Vacuo look' despite no connection to the kingdom whatsoever, but all else being equal, the explanation which relies on the least assumptions is usually the correct one.

Kiith

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2016, 12:04:01 PM »
"A doctor and a lawyer? Well, colour me impressed!", Xanh exclaimed with genuine surprise, seemingly ignoring the faunus' further, slightly more dark remarks. "That makes for some...intersting situations for sure!" Just thinking about how that woman working in a small village or something and constantly having to switch between both professions made her chuckle a little.

It did not take very long to divert her attention from that mental image though, and as soon as she was sure that Martin was actually asking her Xanh firmly shook her head, accompanied by drawn out "Nah!", only to backpaddle relatively quickly. Her facial expression shifting from amused to thoughtful and back in the matter of a few moments, she clarified: "Well, yeah and no - kind of, I guess! My Mum's from Vacuo, but I don't think I've seen the place, like, ever. I was born and grew up here", she explained, following up with a broad gesture of her hand, indicating that with 'here' she indeed meant Vale. "That question explains where you're coming from though", she soon concluded, giving the boy a triumphant smile. "I've yet to hear something bad about Vacuo. Well...other than the terrible heat, the scorpions, the constant danger of droughts and stuff...well, still! I'd sure like to get there some day. A cold day, maybe, but eh!".

OmegaX123

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2016, 12:09:43 PM »
"Yeah, if you can get past the heat, and the Death Stalkers, and the creepy-crawlies... Well, other than all that stuff, it's a great place to be," the clearly somewhat biased Martin mused. "The heat's the real killer though, but that's what this is for," he said, indicating the blue patterns on his shirt. "Ice Dust, keeps you cool on those hot desert days. I'm Martin, by the way," he flashed a goofy grin. "Martin Roja, in town for the Vytal Festival."

LuckyStar

• Personal Text
    Licky Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2016, 05:34:30 PM »
"Funny I was in Vacuo, just cleared up a raider camp just a few days ago and arrived just in time for my favorite event," Nike said with a smile, something between a genuine smirk and a humble smile. "I assume you two are going to participate in the tournament, after all that is one of the more exciting events."

OmegaX123

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2016, 10:44:28 PM »
Martin tapped his chin in thought. "Hmm... Yeah, I thought about it. Honestly, I think I'd like to throw down and cut loose in the Colosseum, but I'd be just as happy checking out the sights around Vale, maybe take a tour of Beacon if the headmaster clears it, all that touristy stuff."

Kiith

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2016, 06:57:59 AM »
"I'm Xanh", she stated briefly in response to Martins introduction, soon to be followed up by an acknowledging nod in his direction. "And damn, that's pretty smart! Although I can imagine that ice dust isn't the most easy thing to come by down there. Got to get me one of those before a trip to Vacuo though, thanks for the idea!"

Shifting her attention towards the swan faunus to their side once more she crossed her arms, giving Nike a confident smile before replying: "Of course I'm going to participate in the tourney! I mean, it's an amazing chance to meet people from all over Remnant - and then kick some their faces into the dust". Xanh let out a bit of a chuckle before slightly shaking her head. "Nah, but seriously, it's the Vytal festival, and how could not take part in that if you have the chance to? Which is why I hope what good Martin over here really wanted to say was 'Sure I'll be in the tournament, it's going to be a great time!'". With that last remark she had turned slightly, giving Martin a wink. Seriously, if that dude came here all the way from Vacuo he could not just pass on that opportunity - at least not in her mind.

OmegaX123

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2016, 10:09:34 AM »
"Well if the lady insists," Martin said with a laugh, "then how can I say no? I'll hit the sign-ups... as soon as I can get my bearings."

LuckyStar

• Personal Text
    Licky Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2016, 12:14:27 PM »
Nike chuckled, the enthusiasm is definitely there. Reminds her of her times as a youth before becoming an adult and thrown into the world of the Huntress that her mother Gravy once did.

"I do agree, its rare to see someone pass the opportunity not to have fun at the Vytal Festival, and those who study in Beacon, Atlas, Shade or Mistral, rhe tournament is certainly a good way to improve themselves," Nike said as her wings flapped again. "But based on the way you guys are talking, I doubt you know that the Vytal Tournament consists of several brackets, that ultimately become one full knock out championship,  and viola the winner is selected. Meaning you can be facing a Hunter from Vacuo or a 1st year Atlas student."