Author Topic: Nice and Easy Does It [Open]  (Read 13069 times)

Smile Junky

• View Profile
Re: Nice and Easy Does It [Open]
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2017, 05:37:28 AM »
"It's fine, Diana. Means you got yerself a bit of humbleness to ya. Never a bad thing to have." Glas' hand left its pocket briefly to give her a thumbs-up before returning. "And yeah, suppose we'll all be spendin' time at the gun range a lot anyway. Probably want to keep your full attention on that." They'd come to Beacon to become Huntsmen and Huntresses, not artists. Didn't mean that she couldn't practice drawing on her own time though, thankfully the school had a good bit of downtime in-between things as well. Always good to have a hobby or two, I suppose. Dancin', drawin', and nappin'; prett well-rounded group we got here. he thought, amused.

"Well if you ever need practicin', you could always do one of those portrait things of me. I'm pretty good at staying still for a long time, y'know?" He'd seen a few artists and their models sitting around back in Mistral before, and he had briefly thought that it was a pretty solid deal for both of them. Someone gets to take a picture and the other gets to relax. Of course, the hard part would be sitting there still for such a long time without falling asleep.

Calen was helpful enough to give them a bit of a breakdown of what the city was like, and Glas nodded along in understanding. "Got it, stay away from the docks and everythin' else is peachy keen. Never been too much of a shopper, but I sure can appreciate a good cafe every once in a while. Might have to check those out." Guess there's no way of escapin' crime entirely is there? Still, this place is squeaky clean compared back to home. Small victories, I suppose...

"Y'know I've... never really thought about goin' anywhere else to be honest. Only real time I planned to leave my home was when I came here, but I haven't had any plans for what happens after. Guess I'm goin' to have to just listen 'round and see if hear of any good places to go. Otherwise..." Glas shrugged slightly "I got nothin'"
Characters: Glas Mossberg

Vision

• Personal Text
    The Unofficial Official Keeper of Statistics
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2017, 07:51:55 PM »
"Thanks Glas, I've just never been good at striking the balance for humbleness" awkwardly returning his thumbs up before putting her hands behind her back. "And thanks for the offer but I generally practice from memory or with photos, it takes quite a while I wouldn't want to bore you for that long."

"We can't forget why we're really here, so try to spend a fair amount of time practicing my shots." she looked the two over to see if they were carrying their weapons, her rifle was back in its locker. "If you don't mind me asking what kind of weaponry do the two of you favor?"

"Well I wasn't really planning to go to any bars so I'm sorted there, but I'll have to check out the markets and the shops, been thinking of getting some more climate appropriate clothes." She decided against elaborating on how much she was loving Valish fashion. The one girl in the group and i talk about buying clothes... though some heels might mean I don't look like a midget at least.

"Like I said It would be great to see Mistral at some point, the other big one for me would be Menagerie. The fanus aren't always treated that well back home, Vale is better but I would still like to see how a society of fanus operates. Though thats assuming they'll want visitors, let alone from Atlas." Her father had worked with many fanus in the mines but from what Diana had seen they were always so tired and hopeless, she hoped that in a place like Menagerie they would have it better.

Diana Levone - Beacon First year - Leader and Medic of team Digital (DGTL)
[color= #839CA5]""[/ color]
Bastet Nin - Haven First year - Blinking Glaive Skirmisher of team Rewind (RWND)
[color= #F2B233]""[/ color]

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2017, 10:15:09 PM »
Taking a few steps back upon the mentioning of weapons Calen then undid his top shirt button and lossened his tie before drawing his blade, it's red and gold hues catching the afternoon sun for an impressive display of colour. 'A simple weapon for a simple man.'   Calen remarked casually, his eyes remained locked on the blade and after giving himself a few seconds extended the shaft into it's glaive form. 'I've never had a talent at range combat, its one of my many weaknesses, I lack the patience or trust to line up a good shot.' Calen continued as he examined Diana closely again thinking and his eyes glazing over slightly.
She lacks the shoulders of an archer or the arms of a crossbowman... crossbowwoman...crossbower that leaves guns. Rifles have the balance of probability but then again Atlas tech would make her lack of musculature meaningless. But she did say before that that wasn't her life so... that leaves rifles I guess.
'What about your rifle Miss Farren, it's not with I see not unless it folds up very small indeed but describe it if you can. I tend to be more interested in what others see in their weapons that what I do.'
Calen finished, his eyes refocusing returning to his previous slightly hungry gaze.

'And I wouldn't swear off the bars entirely, even if you don't drink there is a delightful way of eating some of them offer. 'Tapas,' it would be easiest to think of them as a selection of small plates make for an interesting way of changing up for diet and sampling the local food. But yea give the docks a miss unless you need fresh fish.' Calen added as he turned to Glas trying to guess what his weapon might be but that jacket made it hard to get a good look at his figure. 'Come on Glas there has to be something that you heard of before that you want to see. Maybe from a fairy tale or old story? Or even simply wanting to nap on every continent? But yea I'm sure we'll all have many more reasons to travel after this is all over even if it is just to see our more adventurous team mates.

'Menagerie Miss Farren? You're right it would be interesting to see how they get along. I have to confess I only met my first fanus a few years ago and as such have always had quite an impolite level of curiosity about them. There are a few around campus but none in my team nor I've spent much time with.' Calen mused, he hadn't seen much brightness from the fanus he did interact with and that coloured his idea of the entire group. This gave him very low expectations of Menagerie but intrigued none the less.
No criticism is too harsh so hit me with your best shot.

Calen Shrike - ASTC - First Year Beacon.

Saffron de Cortez - SALT - Third Year Atlas.

Amarant Lovis - (formerly of)ACCE - Headmaster of Atlas Academy

Ramalia - RASB - First Year Shade

Smile Junky

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2017, 06:20:12 PM »
Glad tilted his head slightly at Diana. “You kiddin’? Sit in a chair or somethin’ while you draw me? Sounds like my kinda way to spend an afternoon.  I mean, unless you try and get me to make some kinda pose or somethin’ in the meantime. Might not work so well.” It’d definitely mess up Diana’s portrait if Glas nodded if and fell down in the middle of drawing. Although the mental image of such a thing caused the corners of Glas’ mouth to slightly turn upwards in a grin.

“Yeah, I try to get my time in the range in every once in a while. It’s… a little tough at times, if I’m gonna be honest. For a couple of reasons.” Things were starting to move more into the territory of his weaponry, and Glas was starting to feel familiar prickles of paranoia on the back of his neck. It was something he tried not to openly discuss with most people, even if they seemed like pretty cool people. Calen however, was more than happy to show off his own weapon. One that actually didn’t have a gun in the blasted thing at all, that was… quaint. Definitely kept his long-range options limited, unless his Semblance was suited for long-range in that case-Man, why am I over-thinking this stuff? Whatever Calen does with how he fights is up to him. Just because he wants to spill the beans on how he does combat doesn’t mean I should.

Luckily for Glas, Lackadaisy was still hidden pretty well behind his coat, so he didn’t spill all of his beans just yet. “…I’m a rifleman meself. Keeps me away from gettin’ too close to any Grimm or anythin’, which is fine with me.” He still didn’t want to be totally rude either. Just giving up basic details like that was well enough. “Not a fan of fish though. It’s always tasted pretty… samey to me. Couldn’t blindfold me and give me a few different kinds and expect me to tell ya which was which. I’d appreciate the free food, though. And I mean, maybe sleepin' in every continent is a goal worth lookin' into. When I'm older. ”

Then the conversation thankfully shifted over more towards talking about each others Fanus experiences, which was a much less concerning topic of conversation for Glas. Of course, he also didn't have too much to add to it either... "I knew a Fanus girl back in Mistral."

And that was all he had to contribute.

Vision

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2017, 08:21:51 PM »
"You're in luck no poses needed for a portrait, not sure when but I might take you up on your offer." Though her initial thought was to never bring it up again something about his relaxed nature intrigued her, Diana was many things but generally relaxed was not one of them. 'It wouldn't be a terrible idea to try to imitate him, not anytime soon of course but at some point in the future.'

Diana admired the craftsmanship of Calens blade, the colours, the golden hue, the elegant curve, it was genuinely beautiful to observe. "It seems like a Mistral weapon, it's almost a work of art in and of itself. But you don't have any ranged capacity?" She tried her best to not seem judgy, in reality she was just concerned.

"Nope. no weapon with me now, I could never get the hang of those heavily collapsable techniques anyway, they would just freeze solid whenever outside. Besides I don't think I could make it that small anyway, my weapon of choice is a fairly large rifle... oh you said so alre.. well I guess It must have been me who said so? I think." she wasn't sure but couldn't remember having mentioned it, or had she, maybe he had just seen her with it before. "Its design is that of someone with little engineering creativity I'm afraid, we were told to have both ranged and melee capacity so I put a sword on a rifle. That was too heavy so I made the blade detachable, oh and I added a dust barrel." looking towards Glas she added "Yeah it's nice to not have to get too close to those monsters.".

Smiling she simply said "I'll make a note to be on the lookout for 'tapas' then."

"Yeah I know what you mean, I'm incredibly curious about them but I really don't want to risk causing offense or anything. I was hoping to met some here, but haven't yet." as she was speaking she started getting a bit worried if it was wrong of her to use words such as "them" to describe a people.

Bastet Nin - Haven First year - Blinking Glaive Skirmisher of team Rewind (RWND)

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2017, 02:07:49 AM »
'Have you ever tried sketching the outline in person then finishing it later from memory or a photo? That might be a good middle ground although I have no idea how effective it would be.' Calen responded cautiously, despite being from Mistral art have never been his strong suit and didn't understand the reason for live models but he knew artists seemed to prefer it. 'I'm sure that we can remain awake for that.' Calen continued as he gave Glas an apologetic smile.

Retracting the shaft into it's sword form Calen carefully offered the weapon to Diana hilt first. 'Weapons are funny things, this has been with me through so much that sometime it feels as a part of me and yet it should be nothing more than a tool. Like a pencil or ladle but people give them names and treasure them above almost anything.' Calen opened his mouth again as if to continue instead shook his head and changed the subject.

'Balance of probabilities. Rifles are more common than pistols and you mentioned shooting range before. Archers tend to build muscle in their shoulders crossbow...ers in their arms. You could throw knives but there is a posture in that, without the elasticity of strings or explosive power of dust you need to put your entire self behind each throw.' Calen explained as if it was the simplest thing in the world.   'But yea no ranged weapon here, luckily I haven't encountered a Grimm with one either so between each other at least we are even.' Calen smiled before turning back to Glas. 'Perhaps Miss Farren and I can look out for nice, peaceful places on missions or the like. It'd be a good reason to keep in touch.

Calen chuckled slightly at Glas's comment about fish. 'I'll pretend I didn't hear that Glas, everyone should be able to tell the difference between an Atlesian river cod and a Mistrialian rainbow finned snapper. I'll tell you what perhaps next time we meet I'll prepare some and we can put that palate of yours to the test. Maybe Miss Farren could bake a fish pie.' Shaking his head at the absurdity of both of them.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 02:10:14 AM by Kingnoname1 »

Smile Junky

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2017, 10:53:00 AM »
Glas nodded slowly. “Sure thing, just give me a ring on the ol’ Scroll whenever you fancy a try. Most likely won’t be doin’ anythin’ in the meantime.” He had to admit that he was a bit curious about what it would like to be drawn. Just a bit, though. He honestly had enough time dealing with art and the people that made it back home in Mistral. Speaking of Mistral… Heh, ‘seems like a Mistral weapon’. Suppose that’s something the ol’ Lackadaisy has going for it. No one’s probably gonna take a look at this haphazardly put together thing and think it came anywhere close from Mistral. Almost a shame I know better, huh?

Diana seemed to be in agreement about keeping their distance though, but it meant Calen there was the odd man out. “I mean, I sort of see your point there Calen, but I think if we start seein’ Grimm that can shoot back at us we’ll have some bigger problems than just ‘bein’ even’.  Besides, it’s perfectly natural to have that kinda feelin’ about your weapons. We trust ‘em to keep us alive when fightin’ Grimm, and they can only do that if we keep ‘em clean and ready. Kinda symbiotic in a way.”

Calen certainly had a talent for… categorizing people. How long had he been watching Diana to make all those assumptions about the kind of weapon that she used? He was kinda thankful for his coat now. Or heck, maybe he was able to tell stuff about Glas just from what he wore. Just how far does this guy’s readin’ go? And why’s he doin’ it so much to people he just met? To Glas, Calen was looking pretty suspicious at the moment… “…Yeah, suppose that would be pretty good. You guys see anythin’ that looks comfy enough snap me a photo or somethin’. I’d appreciate it.”

“And like I said, I’m not turnin’ down a free meal if it’s offered. Even if it’s not somethin’ I particularly like to eat. Throw in some kinda beef dish alongside it and you’ve got yourself a deal there, Calen. “ And as long as they didn’t try to eat anywhere near those docks. He could do without any extra trouble in his life.

Vision

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2017, 09:37:25 PM »
Again sorry for the long wait, like I said lots of coursework to do at the moment should calm down next month.

"I actually tend to do all my sketching from memory, occasionally with some photos. Can't say I've ever tried to do a mix like that but it could work. It would be the opposite though. The outline isn't that hard, capturing eyes and facial proportions are." Giving some serious thought to the idea her speech was more matter-of-fact than so far, with none of her pauses or filler words. Looking back at Glas she simply said "Yeah we can figure out when over our scrolls."

As Calen presented the hilt of his blade towards her she instinctively reached out as if to wield it. With two or three fingers making contact she changed her mind, putting her hands behind her back whilst nodding in agreement with Glas "I think that's fairly common in this line of work, our weapons have played a part in keeping us alive after all.. Well not that we've been in many situations like that, I mean were still students, but for proper ones do and I guess people sorta follow their example, maybe" She honestly had no idea why people gave their weapons names and such, she could never see it as anything other than a tool but it was quite clear that she was in the minority here. "Have you given it a name?" she asked it of Calen but gave a quick inquisitive glance towards Glas as well, she was quite curious about his weapon but didn't want to push if he didn't feel like talking about it.

"You could tell I use a rifle just from what I said and looking at my body?" there was a strange emphasis on the last word, not of anger or offense more concern. "That's, um, really impressive" she said whilst gripping the elbow of her left arm with her right hand. It wasn't that she was too drawn back from what he had deduced, rather it was what more could he read off her. Whilst she still partook in the conversation it was in simple answers, she wasn't really paying attention just caught something about a peaceful fishing mission or something. Instead her mind was racing with paranoid scenario after paranoid scenario trying to figure out what else could be deduced from her appearance and actions. 'I'm underweight would that be enough to deduce that we didn't have much back home, would he question how I can afford to travel to another continent then. Could he think I have some mental or social disorder, is that why they're treating me nice? Can Glas see all this too he just doesn't admit it. What if they can ....'
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 09:40:12 PM by Vision »

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2017, 06:54:09 AM »
Spoiler: ShowHide
Please don't apologise, just post whenever you have time. We are aware real life takes precedence and anyway it's not been that long between posts.

'But is it normal because everyone else does it or because it works? Ever since I came here everyone is so sure that what they know is true even when it is all they have known or they meet people with nigh opposing opinions. But everyone does it, even I, if I don't clean this nameless piece of metal every night I get a fuzzy feeling like I forgot to brush my teeth. How many times does something need to be said before it becomes truth?' Calen pauses for breath before realising he had gone off on a bit of a tangent and gave both Glas and Diana apologetic looks while he was stowing away his weapon.

Straightening his tie Calen quick collects himself and continues without mentioning his previous tirade. 'Well I suppose once I finish laughing up a lung at the sight of a Beowulf trying to use a rifle I'd have to think of something.' Calen tried to laugh off Glas's point but then continued in a more serious tone. 'It's important to know your limitations but range weapons aren't king, anything can be overcome with enough determination and care. Hopefully my supply of the former will off set my lack of the latter.'

Calen took his time formulating his response to Diana about his perceptions. He knew others didn't see things the same way as he did but didn't grasp the implied invasion of privacy. 'When I was younger it was simply a game, something to keep the mind occupied but I'm afraid it has become another habit I seem unable to break. When you see a rock or a tree or a person it is simply a rock or a tree or a person but I've never been stop at such simplistic descriptors. It's helpful academically, though not as much as you might think in the sparing arena as with the amount of time everyone spends training it shouldn't be that hard finding out how people fight. I do apologise if I have erred I would like to make it up to you. Perhaps I could walk you through how I see things? Using myself as the model to keep things fair.

Smile Junky

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2017, 10:40:37 PM »
"All that from memory, huh? Pretty impressive, Diana. Don't got the best memory meself, so that kind of thing is way beyond what I imagine doin'." Of course, being perfectly honest anything that had to do with art was pretty much beyond him. Diana must have had patience out the wazoo. And just a touch of some kinda social awkwardness as well, but who am I to judge? She at least seemed to understand what he meant about weapons. They were in a Huntsman school after all, keeping one's weapon in tip-top shape was important above nearly anything else.

But when the question inevitably shifted over to him and his weapon. Yet another time that finer details about his combat details were brought up, and Glas wasn't sure that he was comfortable with giving up any of the details. Then again... It's just the name. Not like they can guess what my weapon does just from it's name alone. Eh... Glas shrugged slightly. "Yeah, it's got a name: Lackadaisy. Came up with it myself. Really the only part of the weapon I had a real hand in doin', but I'm glad with what I got."

Then the conversation shifted over to how Calen was able to deduce what sort of weapon Diana was likely to use just by looking at her, and the girl certainly did look a bit uncomfortable from the whole thing. Eh, if he'd been doing this as a kid, maybe that's why he doesn't feel weird doin' it to her. Still... Just a wee bit rude, even if he didn't mean it.

Glas reached over and rested a hand on Diana's shoulder comfortingly as Calen went on about how he was going to offer to show them how he saw things from his perspective. She looked like she could have used a change of subject into something a little less related to how he was paying a lot of attention to her body. "Actually, got a bit of a question myself for the two of ye: What do you know about the whole dorm situation? Teams to a room, partners to a room? How's that all supposed to work out?"

Vision

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2017, 06:10:34 AM »
Fighting her instinct to dismiss his compliment she simply said "Thanks, Glas. That's, that's very kind of you to say" the two had been remarkably supportive of her little hobby. She didn't want to overstay their generous treatment so she figured if there was anything else to say they would probably ask her later.

"Lackadaisy" she repeated, absentmindedly asking "Does it mean anything?" she blinked and her brain seemed to wake up and started to freak out, even without seeing his face it was obvious that he didn't want to discuss his weapons. He had offered up some information and distracted she asked an incredibly insensitive question. Stumbling over her own words she blurted "Sorry I didn't mean to pry like that I was just curious, I never gave a name to my weapon so just wondered about why... eh sorry I wasn't, I, forget I asked."

"I guess it's a bit of everything in a way, it works, so everyone does it, so it becomes normal? I think, and therefore it's truth? erm, Yeah I'm just confused now. I think it's just good practice in general, can't say I do it every day but I tend to keep it in the lockers here." she liked being able to walk around the campus without being armed to the teeth, and would only bring it to class or when leaving the school. "A beowolf sniper is a frightening albeit humorous thought" matching his more serious tone she added "I didn't mean to imply anything I was just surprised, most students seem to have both ranged and melee capacities. But I'm sure you're better suited than I am. If I get overrun my rifle will be useless and my swordplay can't match yours I'm sure."

Still standing in a very defensive pose gripping her elbow she snapped out of her frantic thoughts, speaking in a fractionally higher pitch. "I didn't mean to overreact, it's just that... As you have undoubtedly already figured out I'm not the most confident and now I don't know what you know about me, if that makes sense. It's an impressive talent, I just, maybe you can show me once we know each other more."

"Yeah each dorm room is for a team, at least that's what I've heard. There are several wings of dorms though not really sure how that works. You heard anything Calen?" she tried her best to regain her regular composure, gladly jumping on Glas' topic
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 09:23:15 AM by Vision »

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2017, 03:17:24 PM »
Lackadaisy, I only knew two people who spoke like that. It's as good as any name for a weapon if a bit morbid, maybe I'm not as good as reading people as Miss Farran believes. Calen smiled, opening his mouth to add in his observations but reluctantly decided against it. His game has already got him into trouble once during this conversation and they seemed like good people. Instead Calen simply nodded along with Diana's question about the meaning of Lackadaisy.

'I understand Miss Farran, I've noticed that as well and I appreciate your concern. Unfortunately even if I wanted to add a range weapon it'd be hard to make work, the metal of my weapon is quite rigid meaning neither can it do some of the more exotic transformations I've seen other weapons do nor would it absorb any recoil. That being said, at range my blade is as useless as your rifle in melee so if someone can kite me out, in a match I mean no justification is going to overrule the result.' Calen replied happily, he didn't seem bothered by the fact he'd struggle in the multiple sparing matches and competitions, both inter-kingdom and further afield, although he had be no means told these people the whole story. Controlling what others know about you can a far more effective smokescreen than attempting to hide all knowledge of yourself from others. Maybe that should be Miss Farran's first lesson. Calen continued after a slight pause. 'Of course Miss Farran as soon as you feel comfortable please don't hesitate to call.'

'Yea four person team to a room. I think they have started selecting teams actually, they stagger them to ensure everyone has something to do for their initiation I believe. Team A-S-T-C or Aztec which I'm apart of have only just settled in. It's impressive how much freedom we are given here with the dorms, I wonder how that would measure up at atl-other schools.' Calen quickly corrected himself not wanting to bring up all their seemingly depressive history.

Sorry I added a bit later on, if you had already worked out your reply Junky i'll change it back. Just wanted to set out the timeline in my head a bit.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 08:44:41 PM by Kingnoname1 »

Smile Junky

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2017, 11:01:53 AM »
Glas shrugged slightly. “Eh, I say what I mean. Don’t like sugar coatin’ or tryin’ to mislead people, y’know? Makes things easier for everyone in the long run.” Perhaps his relaxed nature helped to keep his conversations honest, or maybe to some, blunt. His tone never changed to seem like he was openly lying or trying to mislead them, in fact it… Didn’t really change much at all. It was the same neutral tone as when they started. Diana’s tone turned a bit confused upon hearing the name Glas gave his gun, however.

“Doesn’t mean much really. Somethin’ I heard a couple of the older folk say about me from time to time, though they said ‘lackadaisical’. Didn’t seem really fittin’ for a weapon to me, too long and whatnot. So I shortened it down, made it a bit easier to roll off the tongue and everything.” Glas’ hands reflexively went into his coat pockets the more as he talked about his weapon, a tic that even he didn’t realize was happening himself. “Don’t have too much meanin’ behind it really. Gonna  be honest, I only really named it when I was headin’ over here to Beacon. Figured I’d need to name it when I got here, y’know? No harm done, Diana.”

Calen has the humility enough to admit where he’s got a weakness, I’ll give ‘im that. Glas thought with a small grin. Even with his weird habit of readin’ people like he does. Guess I can’t say he doesn’t look inward with it at the very least. The talk about his weapon not offering too much in the ‘absorbing recoil’ field made him smile a little more, though.

“Hey, not everyone starts out with all the confidence in the world. All this practice is bound to get some goin’ for ya” Glas reassured. But still, Diana didn’t look like she was enjoying all the talk about herself at the moment. The dorm question was turning the tide of the conversation, and Glas was more than happy to ride it along. Partially because he brought it up in the first place. “Huh, that so? Well I’ll be… Sounds like things are about to get interestin’ for us three then. ‘Specially you, Calen; you’ve already got yerself a group of pals to bunk with.” Huh, already pickin’ teams? Sounds like it’s gonna be my turn up to bad before too long. Might as well get ready for it.

No worries! It gave me more to have Glas think about, so it’s a-ok!

Vision

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2017, 09:46:14 PM »
She couldn't help slightly frowning at the words they were using.'Lackadaisy is short for lackadaisical, what..?' Glas obviously knew what the words meant and Calen didn't seem as confused as her so he probably understood them too, reluctantly she figured it had to be a Mistral expression. She made a mental note to check what it meant on her scroll later, assuming she could figure out how to spell it. She was relieved that Glas didn't take issue with her question, once again she was surprised and even envious of how relaxed he seemed to be.

She sighed, letting go of her elbow, and gave a slight smile. Relaxing just a bit. "I, I'm sorry I freaked out. I just got a bit off balance." turning to Glas she added "Yeah I could probably so with just practicing confidence in general. I'll get there eventually."

"I've got my team sorted last week, team H-T-D-G. Haven't done much together so far. Guessing you'll have yours pretty soon Glas." whilst she had really grown attached to her teammates she cared less for being on a team named Hot dog so she left that part out. As she didn't want to outright lie about having been to Atlas she decided to answer as if it was nothing special. "Well at the Atlas academy it's more like a shared apartment, rather than one big dorm room we had tiny individual rooms that all connected to a small common room. Kinda nice to have the privacy honestly."

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2017, 02:17:03 AM »
Calen nodded as Diana explained the differences between the Beacon and Atlas academies. 'Yea I imagine privacy will become an issue, we have one girl on the team but then again she is blind so maybe it's more awkward for the rest of us.' Calen mused out loud. Calen was actually a bit surprised Glas didn't have a team yet but didn't want to bring it up.

'So does anyone have a project they are working on? Personal or for the academy? Some people find a lot of time to do extra-curricular activities and I guess it is important to some sort of short term objective even if it isn't really connected with your longer term goals.' Calen filled in the next silence. 'Helps with motivation.'

'I guess the closest I have would be dance performances but what about you guys?.' Calen continued with a slightly embarrassed tone of voice, this talk about hobbies and projects had reminded him how poorly he had been managing his time recently.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 05:19:07 AM by Kingnoname1 »