Author Topic: 1st Year 1v1 2nd Round: Razzmatazz V Zabar [Limited 2/8]  (Read 14344 times)

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    Forgive me for what I must yabba dabba do
    • View Profile
1st Year 1v1 2nd Round: Razzmatazz V Zabar [Limited 2/8]
« on: October 27, 2016, 01:31:20 PM »
"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!" A Booming and energetic voice explodes through the speakers set up around the enormous stadium. A deep and gravely voice, like someone who spent too much time smoking and decided now would be a good time to start screaming for their entire life. "WELCOME TO THE SECOND ROUND OF THE VYTAL FESTIVAL!" The crowd erupted into a ceremonious cheer, whoops and hollers came from all corners of Remnant as people tuned into the match from home. "YOU ALL KNOW HOW IT WORKS BY NOW, INTRODUCTION, SOMEWHAT OFFENSIVE QUIP, AND THEN ENVIRONMENTAL SPINNER, SO LET'S GET RIGHT INTO IT! IN THE SECOND ROUND, WE'VE GOT TWO MORE BEAC- WAIT! NO, ONE OF THEM IS FROM SHADE! FINALLY, SOMEONE NOT FROM BEACON! IN THE FIRST CORNER, WE HAVE RAZZMATAZZ GELE, AND IN THE OTHER CORNER, WE HAVE ZABAR AGA, HOPEFULLY THIS TIME ONE OF YOU WON'T JUST FORFEIT. NOW, ONTO THE ENVIRONMENTAL SPINNER!" The crowd cheered heartily.

A large holographic image of a lottery machine appears on all sides of the arena, with two spinners. The spinners spun so quickly, making it nearly impossible to make out the passing words. It ticked through the options slower and slower until it finally stopped on Dust Field and Geyser.

The floor of the arena lowered and, in its place, arose two new floors. Razzmatazz's half became a craggy landscape filled with Dust crystals sticking out of the ground haphazardly. Meanwhile, Zabar's half a similarly craggy landscape, though instead of crystals jutting out from the ground, steam periodically shot upward into the air.

Just then, the doors on each side of the arena opened and, from them, out strolled the combatants.

(A coin flip decided Zabar gets the first post. The arena size is that of the 1v1 arena in the show, but still features biomes, though scaled down. Good luck, contestants.)
Atlas: ShowHide
Mercenary: Kol Augur ~ The Judicator of Atlas
Speaking: #5C5054 Thinking: #EAC117

Mistral: ShowHide
Huntress-in-Training: Aca Roth ~ Member of Team RWND
Speaking: #E05260 Thinking: #EA857F
Huntress-in-Training: Brook Pallas ~ Member of Team CNBR
Speaking: #4863A0 Thinking: #98AFC7
Council Member: Phaedo Katsaros ~ Figurehead for Faunus/Human relations
Speaking: #667C26 Thinking: #B6CC76

Vacuo: ShowHide
40th Vytal Tournament Champion: Zabar Aga ~ Member of Team DAWN
Speaking: #CD7F32 Thinking: #EE9A4D

Vale: ShowHide
Huntress: Malina Nahualli-Roth ~ Leader of Team MCCA
Speaking: #993A64 Thinking: #8B0C44
Beacon Professor: Titania Printemps ~ Assistant Headmistress of Beacon Academy
Speaking: #4AA02C Thinking: #E55B3C
Drop-out: Durian Ghede ~ Former leader of team DFDL
Speaking: #E1BD27 Thinking: #AF8B00

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: 1st Year 1v1 2nd Round: Razzmatazz V Zabar [Limited 2/8]
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 02:15:03 PM »
Zabar walked out into the harsh light of the stadium. He readjusted his hat to block out most of it before continuing to walk forward. He flexed is fingers in his gauntlets, ready to get back into combat. Everything was ready, the dust was locked and loaded into the chambers, his aura was in tip top shape, and most importantly, he added a small string to his hat to keep it from flying off completely.

As he moved across he geyser field, he carefully watched for erupting steam as he felt a sudden twinge of déjà vu. "Man, I hope I don't stuck with a geyser every time..." He sighed quietly as made his way toward the center of the field, watching his opponent as he did. He didn't like to brag or anything, but not everyone has good sportsmanship like he does.

When he finally made his way to the center, he gave Razzmatazz a friendly wave, hopefully getting him to come to the center with him. As soon as his hand dropped, he subtly readied himself to counter anything if his opponent decided to be less than courteous. In the meantime, he attempted to recall what he knew of the boy.

Not... much, unfortunately. Yeah, he'd been watching his match in the bar, but he may have gotten a tad... distracted. He had a gun and a... bat? It didn't matter, he could counter on the fly for this match. As he watched his opponent, the chambers in his gauntlets prepared to spin.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 02:19:25 PM by Dr. Gustave »

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    (´・ω・`) | I feel down the stairs and ravioli on me
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016, 03:06:02 AM »
Razzy had made it to round two. His second opponent had forfeited, though, so he wasn't sure if that really counted. It was a shame, since Razz had been having so much fun in the tourney! Oh, well, there was still more fighting to do ahead.

The pink-clad boy stepped out into the arena, and his attention was immediately brought towards all the dust crystals around him. Sure, the arenas had been cool before, but man, this was awesome! And probably expensive! And dangerous! Fun!

Razzy made it halfway through his side of the field before seeing his opponent, Zabar. And he was waving at him! Razzy waved back, smiling cheerfully as he approached. He hadn't gotten to greet his opponents last time around, since the fights had started so quickly. At least that wasn't the case now.

"Hiya! Hope for a fun fight!" He said, now technically in melee range. He extended his hand for a shake, though. Did he have some trick up his sleeve to give him the edge like this? Was he planning to examine his foe's weapon this way? Was he going to strike as soon as the handshake ended?

Nope.
Razzmatazz Gele - 2nd Year warrior of happiness of Team ____. "Oh, I also like ____! Let's be friends!"

Janna Tarmac - 1st Year tank lady of Team DGTL. "Our job is to protect the innocent, and that's what I do."

Reginald Royale - 1st year snotty brat of team RBLS. "I'm telling father about this!"

Rufus Chocla - 2nd year freestyle rapper of team APRC. "Rap comes from the Soul, don't mess with the Flow, if you can't take no more, don't wait for Encore!"

Anza Burgundy - 1st Year archer of team CRSA. "War eagle, feller!"

Silica Methiviola - Assistant to the Royale Family/Reginald. "Suck my metaphorical dick, nerd."

Coconut Cream - 1st Year pervert of team CASA. "B-before we fight could you just like... nyah once for me?"

Tiber Rostrum - 1st year Bea(k)on student. "*Unintelligible, birdlike gibberish*"

My good ole AMA

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016, 02:59:00 PM »
Zabar grinned and nodded. "And best o' luck to you too." He grabbed the boy's hand and gripped tight. His voice was about as deep as one would expect from looking at him, but with the slightest southern twinge. "Round two, bud, let's make it worth remembering." Excitement was clear on Zabar's face as he shook his opponent's hand. "May the best hunter win." He said as he let go of Razzmatazz's hand and waved to the crowd around them, working up a cheer from them. With a grin and a determined look on his face, Zabar backed away from his opponent ten paces, lifting his gauntlets up in a defensive position. The chambers within the gauntlets spun and landed on the ice Dust chamber.

"Ready whenever you are."

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2016, 03:22:27 AM »
"Aye, aye!" Razzy said with a zealous salute, then hopped back a bunch, putting roughly the same distance in as his opponent. Smiling even wider as the crowd cheered, Razz also gave the crowd a wave. After the previous fights, there were likely a few people in the audience hoping to see more goofiness from his fighting moves. He was likely not gonna disappoint.

The pink-clad boy removed Rozhe from the strap on his thigh and swung it, transforming it into its blade form. He also slid a fire dust cartridge in the tube part of the blade, the weapon heating up and glowing bright red. "I'm ready!" He called out, letting his opponent attack first as he took a more defensive stance. He wondered what his opponent fought. He hadn't seen the fight, as he was too busy being ecstatic over his own, letting everyone back home know how happy he was.
Razzmatazz Gele - 2nd Year warrior of happiness of Team ____. "Oh, I also like ____! Let's be friends!"

Janna Tarmac - 1st Year tank lady of Team DGTL. "Our job is to protect the innocent, and that's what I do."

Reginald Royale - 1st year snotty brat of team RBLS. "I'm telling father about this!"

Rufus Chocla - 2nd year freestyle rapper of team APRC. "Rap comes from the Soul, don't mess with the Flow, if you can't take no more, don't wait for Encore!"

Silica Methiviola - Assistant to the Royale Family/Reginald. "Suck my metaphorical dick, nerd."

Coconut Cream - 1st Year pervert of team CASA. "B-before we fight could you just like... nyah once for me?"

Tiber Rostrum - 1st year Bea(k)on student. "*Unintelligible, birdlike gibberish*"

My good ole AMA

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2016, 05:13:37 PM »
Zabar looked over his opponent. A fairly large bladed weapon with a pretty good swing by the looks of it. 'Should be easy enough, I've fought sword users before... just gotta be quicker.' The dust chamber in his right gauntlet quickly spun to the kinetic dust chamber. 'Red, probably dust powered and probably fire...' The dust chamber in his left gauntlet spun to the lightning dust chamber. 'Ready. Set.' A confident grin spread across the boy's face. 'Go.'

Zabar launched himself forward, directly toward his opponent. He quickly raised his left hand up to Razzmatazz and let loose a short burst of lighting, coursing toward the boy. (4%) He followed up, quickly, by jutting his right hand out to his side and firing a burst of propulsion dust, sending him to the side and out of Razz's immediate path. As soon as he was out of his opponent's path, he launched himself forward again, leading in with a powerful right hook toward his face. (10%)

(Aura: 100/100)

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2016, 11:04:04 AM »
His opponent seemed to be charging him straight on, and Razzt raised his weapon ready to block any potential attack, or at the very least, come back with his own. He hadn't expected the burst of lightning, however, and took full damage from the attack. He winced, but was able to stay up on his two legs.

His opponent suddenly launched himself to the side, throwing Razzy's defense off momentarily. The pink-clad boy barely had the time to dodge the attack by jumping to the side and tucking into a roll, not the most comfortable feat on this landscape. Still, he was quickly back up on his feet. His opponent was tough this time around. The fight with Martin was close, but if Razzy wanted to have any shot at this, he'd have to be going all-out for the entire fight.

Razz glanced around for just a moment. There was a larger crystal nearby. What he was about to do was most likely foolish and reckless, but dang it, his opponent probably wasn't expecting something that dumb. Though he should, because this was Razzy. Still, he couldn't do what he intended to do just yet.

Razz instead decided to utilize his shorter stature for his advantage. The boy went for a slash at his opponent's midsection first, his blade still searing hot, then a stab at his legs. As he did, he tried to circle himself around so that his back was facing the larger crystal, while keeping an eye out for any incoming punches. He was still looking as cheerful as ever, but he was a bit more attentive this time around. He didn't really hold an advantage in combat here, it seemed, so he had to make up for it somehow.

(Whoops, forgot to add damage values: Slash is 8%, stab is 10%)

(Aura at 96%)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 07:37:09 AM by Walter »

My good ole AMA

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    Infinite ADHD Asperger's physicist monkeys
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2016, 06:08:37 PM »
Nathan sat down, coat closed and hood pulled on. As expected, nobody recognized or noticed him - or at least, nobody seemed to do so. He then proceeded to concentrate on the match in order to know his possible future opponents.
Characters: ShowHide
Nathan Eau, De Facto Jetpack Guy and Leader of Team INKK
Camelia Sol, Miss Magnetic Personality and Leader of Team CAST
Anna Fall, Insightful Visionary of Team ASTC
Brock Greenwood, Human Titan of Team DGTL
Helena Chlophyll, Ray of Sunshine of Team CHES
Scarlett/Corinth,Korynn,etc. Briggart/Topaz (In the works)
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Maena Nadir, Coherent Beam of Team SSMR
Europa/Encela(dus)/Io/Callisto/Calypso (In the works)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"Some goddamn bullshit, Invictus Omega"
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"I swear it's not my fault"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Siuwa

• Personal Text
    Balanced self-insertion FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2016, 06:04:55 AM »
Now that Catalina's out, in a painful way though, he can watch the match just for fun. And then he noticed Nathan. At least he didn't have PTSD kick in…
Sitting down besides his victor with a simple hi he started enjoying the fight.
Catalina Glenn - first year Beacon Academy student - "Not funny, dude! And not dudes... and everyone else... " - Cata, Cat.
Infrared Ray - fourth year Atlas Academy student - "So it's __ and __(insert name here) meets each other."
Sheer Gold - second year Beacon Academy student - "This is super effective!"
Siu Ceong - Beacon Academy graduate Huntress - "What is this? Where can I learn about it?"

Character hex code for reference: ShowHide
Cat: #0A44C2
Infrared: #CB4154
Sheer: plain red
Siu: #28CDFF

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2016, 01:10:41 PM »
Zabar felt the pain of the two landed hits rush through him, causing him to wince as he launched himself back. 'Well, that was stupid... I coulda blocked those.' He quickly looked over his opponent once more. 'Come on, Zabar. If you don't make it to the semis, Dustin is gonna get his panties in a twist over it, there's gotta be somethin'.... Oh.' And then he spotted it. Of course, it was so easy.

Keeping in mind his opponent's blade's reach in mind, Zabar shot back forward into a dive. As he neared the ground, he planted his right hand onto the rocky surface and activated the Dust coursing through the gauntlet. As the kinetic Dust launched him through the air and over Razzmatazz, he kept a focused stare at the blade. As soon as he was directly overtop of his opponent, Zabar sent another burst of kinetic dust out of his gauntlet and rocketed downward toward the ground.

As soon as he was able, he attempted to grab onto the boys cloak and give it a hard pull down as he connected with the ground once more, sending the boy's head down into the rock. (10%) "Sorry, man." Zabar quickly followed up with a swift punch to the face, bouncing his head back into the ground. (15%)

(Aura: 82/100)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 01:24:11 PM by Dr. Gustave »

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2016, 12:07:53 PM »
Razzy was a bit surprised that his attacks weren't dodged at all, but he was far from complaining about it. After his set of two strikes, the boy hopped back a bit and took a slightly more defensive stance. His foe proceeded to sail through the air, seemingly going for a strike from above. And yet, that wasn't entirely the case.

"Whoa!" When Razz was yanked back by his cloak, he was certainly startled. So much so, that he wasn't able to immediately respond, but he figured enough to try and keep his balance. The boy's finger flicked the button on the pommel of the blade, extending the weapon slightly and forming a rifle. Razzy used this to keep himself from falling, but he was now a bit lopsided in his stance, and was still being held by the back of his cloak. He was not doing well for himself.

My good ole AMA

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2016, 04:03:19 PM »
Zabar frowned slightly as Razz kept himself from being slammed into the ground. 'So he's got a rifle mode too. Noted.' Zabar took only a moment before quickly rectifying his mistake.

"Down ya go!" Was all he needed to say before pulling his arm back and slamming it into the side of his opponent's head, making sure to keep a strong grip on the cloak. (15%) Using Razz's moment of pain to pounce on opportunity, Zabar quickly grabbed the base of the breastplate.

"Aaaaand, up ya go!" The Vacuan yelled as he flung the boy toward an outcropping of loose Dust crystals (6% if he doesn't recover and is thrown into the ground) and immediately followed up by shooting just left hand out and letting loose another bout of lightning. (4% per second)

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2016, 01:05:15 AM »
A whack to the back of the head sent a large amount of pain Razzy's way, and before he knew it, he was flying through the air. He had to react quickly to this if he didn't want to get destroyed in the following seconds. The boy swung his rifle in front of himself and down a bit, and fired, the fire dust cartridge still having a bit of steam in it.

While he did use up the last of the dust for it, he managed to at least slow his momentum down some, a puff of fire and red smoke escaping the barrel of Rozhe Orchideya. He managed to land on the ground without taking damage, albeit not gracefully. But his opponent didn't wait for a second, and fired another burst of lightning immediately.

Though he wasn't fully prepared for the attack, he had at least figured out what he could expect from the previous time Zabar had used lightning. He rolled under the attack, but was shocked briefly by it.

Now it was Razzy's turn to attack. Not having the time to reload his rifle, he swung it overhead, swiftly turning it back into blade form. He then proceeded to use it to cut loose his cloak, letting it flow away behind him, his foe clearly seeing it as a weakness. Razz then charged his opponent, first using semblance to summon a bunch of pretty lights and squiggly lines in front of Zabar's eyes before going for a set of slashes at his legs and a stab at his abdomen.

(2 slashes for 5%, a stab for 8%.)

(Aura at 77%)

My good ole AMA

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2016, 04:12:01 PM »
As soon as Zabar's vision became impaired by the lights, he lifted both gauntlets up to cover his face. This did little good, however, as the first slash made contact with his leg. With a quiet grunt, he immediately shot his right hand back out and fired off a kinetic dust burst, launching him backward just as the second slash connected with his leg.

Zabar skidded to a stop and rubbed his eyes. "Alright. I'm gonna wager a guess and say that was your semblance, yeah?" As he took his hands away from his eyes, he quickly cycled the chambers in his gauntlets to ice dust. "What's that... illusory? Light manipulation?" A smile crept onto the boy's face as he popped his neck and cracked his knuckles. "Eh, either way, I haven't had the opportunity to fight against something like this before, so thank you." He paused for a moment. "Though, I will say, my team's leader has a... thing... for swords. So I might be at a bit of an advantage there- but hey! I'd say we're on equal footing right now. Should be fun." Excitement was evident in his voice as his smile became a large grin.

With a deep breath, he took a glance at one of the aura gauges set up around the  arena. "Yup, equal footing." He said as he returned his gaze to Razzmatazz. "How about you go on the offensive this time." He said as he resumed his combat stance.

(Aura: 77/100)

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2016, 10:44:53 AM »
Razzy smiled a bit at his own attack connecting. His opponent was really good, but they did indeed seem to be on some equal footing at the moment. "A little bit of A, a little bit of B!" Razzy answered, giving a slight thumbs up and a broad, gleeful smile. "And yeah! This is already turning out super fun!" the boy added, readying his blade again.

He as well glanced briefly at the aura gauges, and was almost surprised to see both him and his opponent at equal percentage. He then turned back to his foe, gave a quick nod, and went for a move he might as well patent at this point: A charge consisting of him hopping from one leg to the other, moving from side to side. For the actual attack, he went with a straight stab at his chest combined with a kick at his foe's legs. It seemed that protecting them was slightly more of a challenge, after all.

(Stab is 8%, kick is 4%)

My good ole AMA