Author Topic: First Year 1v1 1st Round: Viridian V Eddy[Limited: 2/8]  (Read 22700 times)

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    Forgive me for what I must yabba dabba do
    • View Profile
First Year 1v1 1st Round: Viridian V Eddy[Limited: 2/8]
« on: September 28, 2016, 01:39:26 PM »
"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!" A Booming and energetic voice explodes through the speakers set up around the enormous stadium. A deep and gravely voice, like someone who spent too much time smoking and decided now would be a good time to start screaming for their entire life. "WELCOME TO THE FORTIETH BIANNUAL VYTAL FESTIVAL!" The crowd erupted into a ceremonious cheer, whoops and hollers came from all corners of Remnant as people tuned into the match from home. "I AM YOUR ANNOUNCER, VULCO DENTRES, AND I WILL BE SERENADING YOU WITH THE SOOTHING SOUND OF MY VOICE DURING THE COURSE OF THE MATCH- JUST KIDDING, F ҉   ҉ KERS-" A loud, annoying BEEEP filled the arena. Of course, this of all events was kid friendly. "WHY WOULD I DO THAT!? I'M GOING TO SIT BACK AND LET YOU ENJOY THE PURE UNBRIDLED COMBAT! PREPARE YOURSELVES, IN THIS FIRST ROUND, WE HAVE TWO BEACON STUDENTS. IN THE FIRST CORNER, WE HAVE VIRIDIAN BRANDT, WHO'S APPARENTLY AN EX-CHAMPION OR SOME SH ҉ T BUT I'VE NEVER HEARD OF HIM! IN THE OTHER CORNER, WE HAVE EDDY MIDORI, LET'S SEE IF HE CAN BE THE NEW "CHAMPION"! NOW ONTO THE ENVIRONMENTAL SPINNER, OR AS I LIKE TO CALL IT, THE ANTI-ENVIRONMENTAL SPINNER! ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES ISN'T THE SAME THING AS POLITICS, DEREK, SHUT UP!" The crowd, though somewhat confused, cheered heartily.

A large holographic image of a lottery machine appears on all sides of the arena, with two spinners. The spinners spun so quickly, making it nearly impossible to make out the passing words. It ticked through the options slower and slower until it finally stopped on Tundra and Ocean.

"I HOPE YOU LIKE FREEZING WATER!"

The floor of the arena lowered and, in its place, arose two new floors. Viridian's half became a winter wonderland, complete with snowy hills, snow covered evergreen trees, and a light snowfall. Meanwhile, Eddy's half became a shallow, freezing cold ocean, though the water got deeper the further out from the center of the arena you went. In place of the usual islands were now icebergs, and in place of the pirate shit was a icebreaker ship.

Just then, the doors on each side of the arena opened and, from them, out strolled the combatants.

(A coin flip decided Viridian gets the first post. The arena size is that of the 1v1 arena in the show, but still features biomes, though scaled down. Good luck, contestants.)
Atlas: ShowHide
Mercenary: Kol Augur ~ The Judicator of Atlas
Speaking: #5C5054 Thinking: #EAC117

Mistral: ShowHide
Huntress-in-Training: Aca Roth ~ Member of Team RWND
Speaking: #E05260 Thinking: #EA857F
Huntress-in-Training: Brook Pallas ~ Member of Team CNBR
Speaking: #4863A0 Thinking: #98AFC7
Council Member: Phaedo Katsaros ~ Figurehead for Faunus/Human relations
Speaking: #667C26 Thinking: #B6CC76

Vacuo: ShowHide
40th Vytal Tournament Champion: Zabar Aga ~ Member of Team DAWN
Speaking: #CD7F32 Thinking: #EE9A4D

Vale: ShowHide
Huntress: Malina Nahualli-Roth ~ Leader of Team MCCA
Speaking: #993A64 Thinking: #8B0C44
Beacon Professor: Titania Printemps ~ Assistant Headmistress of Beacon Academy
Speaking: #4AA02C Thinking: #E55B3C
Drop-out: Durian Ghede ~ Former leader of team DFDL
Speaking: #E1BD27 Thinking: #AF8B00

Marticus

• View Profile
Re: First Year 1v1 1st Round: Viridian V Eddy[Limited: 2/8]
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 03:11:41 PM »
Viridian groaned as he listened to the announcer babble on and make what he presumed were jokes. He didn't know, and didn't really care. The announcer was irrelevant, the cheering crowd was irrelevant, everything was irrelevant bar himself, and whoever his opponent was. Eddy Midori or something. Viridian had never heard of him before, and had no interest in him beyond the fight.

Soon, the doors opened to reveal the arena.Viridian marched out with determination, looking nowhere but forward, carrying Pleiades in his right hand. Pandering to the crowd was a wasteful endeavour, and would only prove to be a boring distraction. And speaking of boring. "Don't bore me, Midori. I'd hate for your only match to be over quickly", Viridian said at just the right volume to be heard, but not loud enough for Eddy to think he actually cared about what he said. If the fight was over quick, then so be it.

Viridian drew Pleiades and moved his scabbard into his left armpit. He ran the blade along the tip of his thumb, and smiled softly as it drew blood, though his aura soon kicked in and healed the tiny slit. Perfect. With that, Viridian sheathed his sword and gestured with his left hand for Eddy to "come get him".

00Mogar

• Personal Text
    Currently wish brick was a gender option XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 02:52:51 AM »
Eddy walked into the battle field in his robes keeping his hood till he felt enough eyes where upon him, he ripped the robes from his body and let them drift off to the ground as a portion of the croud erupted into cheers and he let out a hearty laugh before shouting "WHO'S READY FOR SOME ACTION?", he was not supprised when that got the croud going and he could feel his blood pump with excitement.

As he saw the environments shift he smirked and said "Perfect.", as he saw Viridian's neutrality to the crowd he cracked his neck and said "Don't be a bore and give them a good show.", as he finished speaking he briskly walked towards Viridian, but before getting too close he sprinted and started into a sweeping slide thinking that the faster he got this clown on his back the better. [2% aura drop if it connects, also unless he can keep his stance he is probably gonna be on his back]
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 03:45:46 AM by 00Mogar »
Characters: ShowHide
BEACON
Kale Bomvu "Ready, set, boom." -Third year explosives expert
Valerie Moriomo "What will it be booze or a mission?"- Owner of the Pink Forest and huntress for hire
Obadia Corcra/A.C.D.C."Never any interesting people.""Obadia... shut up." Third year Mad scientist--
Eddy Midori"You're never ready for me."-- First year Cocky Monk
Alice Kasshoku/Schwarz -- "You just need to chill."-- active huntress

SHADE
Marcus Bomvu-"Is there a forge nearby? I prefer to keep working."-- First year craftsman of team SMMR

Marticus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 04:29:58 AM »
Viridian rolled his eyes as Eddy showboated for the crowd's amusement, "This won't last long enough for it to be a good show". Viridian settled on his right foot and laughed as he saw Eddy go for a slide. "A slide? How unnecessarily flashy" he murmured as he rotated on his right foot and drew Pleiades with his left hand in a reverse grip, bringing the point done on Eddy's shoulder as he slid past him and quickly bringing it back up if it connects. (6% aura damage)

00Mogar

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2016, 01:04:32 PM »
[Aura 94%]
Eddy groaned slightly as the sword hit his shoulder and he abandoned the tactic altogether as he spun on the ground kicking up his legs while simultaneously pushing up with his arms sending him into the snow, the instant he landed he ripped his belt free and flicked the switch before whipping it in a few directions before he walked back into range and started going for a series of three quick strikes (sword hand, shoulder stomach in that order)[3% for each strike that hits], he was testing the waters now obviously he wouldn't be able to do much as long as his opponent held that sword but he wanted to see before getting himself into too much trouble.
BEACON
Valerie Moriomo "What will it be booze or a mission?"- Owner of the Pink Forest and huntress for hire
Obadia Corcra/A.C.D.C."Never any interesting people.""Obadia... shut up." Third year Mad scientist--

SHADE
Marcus Bomvu-"Is there a forge nearby? I prefer to keep working."-- First year craftsman of team SMMR

Marticus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2016, 01:19:38 PM »
Viridian snarled as Eddy hopped back to his feet, and stepped forward to meet him. He brought his scabbard up to deflect the strike to his sword hand, but fell back a step as Eddy's follow up blows landed. A quick hop forward though, and he was right back in range. Viridian stabbed at Eddy's neck with Pleiades, but twisted it high, a feint with the intention of letting Viridian strike Eddy's right knee with the scabbard (3%) and force him down, where he could follow up with a downward slash to Eddy's back (8%) and help him back up with a knee to the jaw (6%).

(Numbers from here on out are, of course, speculative. Not in the mood to write "If it connects/succeeds" etc every post)

Aura=94%

00Mogar

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2016, 01:41:51 PM »
(OOC: Agreed)

Eddy saw the fake a second before it could come to fruition and he responded by jumping straight up and delivering a full force double kick to Viridians chest (12%), he knew that it would leave him exposed if he missed but that was a bet he was willing to take but as a precaution his hands started to glow green while his semblance charged up for his next attack.

Aura 94%
BEACON

SHADE

Marticus

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2016, 01:54:55 PM »
Viridian took the kick to the chest silently and fell onto his back, throwing his feet over himself after he landed, and executed a flip to land on his feet. "That wasn't a bad move, Midori. But flashy kicks and extravagant slides won't help you win. And neither will your glowing hands".

Viridian sighed as he activated his semblance, feeling his aura flow into his sword. He twirled his sword vertically a few times while walking towards Eddy, and then, without warning, lashed out with a horizontal slash when he was about twenty feet away. A blue wave of energy tore from Pleiades and flew towards Eddy at a fairly fast pace, designed to strike as he was getting to his feet (10%). Viridian, however, decided to make certain Eddy couldn't escape, and sprinted after the slash, leaping into the air and bringing Pleiades down so as to strike immediately after the slash, and send Eddy crashing into the snow (8%).

Aura=82%

00Mogar

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2016, 02:19:25 PM »
Eddy smiled as he hit the ground he immediately rolled back into a crouched position taking the hit of Viridians semblance without warning although he kept his ground since he was already in a low stance. As Viridian came down Eddy activated his semblance  as well as quickly clip his whip onto the rope belt, Viridians sword was met with the shaft of a glowing naginata, Eddy looked at Viridian with a smirk and said "See the crowd loves us.", just as he finished he sent the bladed end of the naginata towards Viridian knocking him away as the crowd went wild.

Eddy was now pointing the blade at Viridian with a grin on his face, he jumped into range and started off with a heavy horizontal sweep aimed at Viridians gut (12%) followed up with an overhead slam (10%)

Aura 84%
BEACON

SHADE

Marticus

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2016, 02:42:14 PM »
Viridian sheathed Pleiades as he landed back on the ground, and prepared for Eddy's attack. He hopped back to avoid the horizontal slash and spun to Eddy's left to dodge the overhead swing. Using his newfound flanking position, Viridian drew and slashed with Pleiades at Eddy's side with a smooth, horizontal motion (11%). He followed this up with a kick at the back of Eddy's knee (4%) to try to bring him down, and stepped around behind Eddy, finishing with a diagonal slash aimed at Eddy's left shoulder and going towards his right hip (13%).

Aura=82%

00Mogar

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2016, 03:17:04 PM »
As Viridian move out from under his attack Eddy dropped with the weapon causing his horizontal slash to miss him completely, but the kick connected although not at its intended target instead of kicking him in the leg his foot was met Eddys back which sent him to the ground with a grunt also causing the last slash to miss. Eddy used this instant to gather a small plan and the instant he his the snow he spun around while sending snow at Viridian to give himself a second before going into ginga to keep him moving, when the time was right he delivered a nasty scorpion kick at Viridians head (8%) which he followed up with a palm strike to his souler plexus (6%)

Aura 80%
BEACON

SHADE

Marticus

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2016, 03:57:14 PM »
Viridian swore as Eddy flung snow into his glasses and dropped to his knees, copying Eddy's evasive strategy. The scorpion kick flew right over Viridian's head, but the palm strike caught him square in the forehead. Viridian took this as an opportunity to move back, gathering some distance.

"You know, trying to blind someone is a bit of a dick move", Viridian said as he cleaned his glasses on his jacket, holding his left hand up, still holding Pleiades, now sheathed, up, to indicate that Eddy was to wait. "And I abhor dirty blows". Viridian soon replaced his glasses and unsheathed Pleiades, resting the scabbard in his teeth and holding the blade with both hands. He began to walk forwards slowly, before tearing into a sprint and leaping forward, stabbing at Eddy with Pleiades.

Aura=76%.

00Mogar

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2016, 03:32:03 AM »
Eddy was smiling and already back in his ginga by the time that Viridian had cleaned his glasses and the charge attack was so obvious that Eddy grabbed his whip and leaped over Viridians head while attempting to disarm him of his sword (no damage but sword will he sent flying if it hits), even if he missed, it was only a minor move in his plan and it was evident as he landed and ran for the other half of the arena.

Aura 80%
BEACON

SHADE

Marticus

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2016, 11:15:18 AM »
Viridian instinctively pulled his sword back as soon as Eddy leaped over him, and rotated to see that whip of his coming. He quickly grabbed his scabbard from his mouth and rose it in front of his Pleiades, and soon felt it get ripped from his grasp and flung away. Rather than go retrieve it, however, Viridian slowly walked after Eddy, yelling "Aww, now don't run away Midori. No one likes a coward!", all while twirling Pleiades around his body, switching hands every few seconds.

00Mogar

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2016, 03:19:15 PM »
(OOC: Ok so correct me if I'm wrong but in this post I have the ship docked out in the water near one of the icebergs.)

Eddy ignored him and made his way to the docked icebreaker leaping from iceberg to ice berg using his bootblades as ancors to keep him from slipping into the freezing water below, and once close enough he started climbing up as if it where a cliff face, as soon as he reached the top he looked around the battlefield before he raised his arms and shouted at the top of his lungs "PEOPLE OF REMNANT... ARE YOU READY? CAUSE I KNOW I AM!", he lowered his left arm and pointed at Viridian with his right with a huge grin and shouted again "BUT IM NOT SURE HE IS!"
BEACON

SHADE