Author Topic: First Year 4v4 Match - Final Round: Team VCVS V Team DKTA[Limited: 8/12]  (Read 3159 times)

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    Forgive me for what I must yabba dabba do
    • View Profile
"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!" A Booming and energetic voice explodes through the speakers set up around the enormous stadium. A deep and gravely voice, like someone who spent too much time smoking and decided now would be a good time to start screaming for their entire life. "WELCOME TO THE VYTAL FESTIVAL'S FINAL ROUND OF THE TEAM MATCHES!" The crowd erupted into a ceremonious cheer, whoops and hollers came from all corners of Remnant as people tuned into the match from home. "I AM YOUR ANNOUNCER, VULCO DENTRES, AND I AM DEFINITELY HAPPY TO BE HERE AND I LOVE VALE MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE AND THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THOSE F ҉   ҉ KERS-" A loud, annoying BEEEP filled the arena. Of course, this of all events was kid friendly. "-WHO ARE PAYING FOR THIS. WOW, THESE TEAM MATCHES HAVE BEEN GOD DAMN OUTSTANDING SO FAR! I'VE SEEN STUFF I'VE NEVER SEEN BEFORE, I PITY THOSE WHO MISSED THE INSTANT CLASSIC MATCH BETWEEN TEAM MGMA AND TEAM FRZN. I CAN BARELY IMAGINE WHAT THESE TWO TEAMS COULD DO TO OUTCLASS WHAT'S COME BEFORE! BUT ONTO THE COMBAT! PREPARE YOURSELVES, IN THIS FINAL ROUND, WE'VE GOT TWO TEAMS FROM BEACON- AND WHAT A LOVELY CITY IT IS, THE BEST CITY. FOR OUR FIRST TEAM IS TEAM VCVS. THE TEAM CONSISTS OF CAJA AVAL, VERDANT COWL, AND SAMUAL QUARTZ ALONG WITH THEIR LEADER, JUNO VERT!" The crowd erupted into applause. Streamers shoot out of fake horns, confetti is thrown, air horns are blown. "YOU MIGHT RECOGNIZE JUNO AND VERDANT FROM THE 2V2 MATCHES, WE'LL SEE IF THEY PREFORM WELL HERE. THE OTHER TEAM COMPETING IS TEAM DKTA, CONSISTING OF DUSK KURO, CHROMA TONO, AND DORADA ARAGON, ALONG WITH THEIR LEADER, DECLAN DAVITT! NO ONE'S REALLY SURE HOW THEY GOT THIS FAR, THEY'VE BEEN THE UNDERDOG OF THE ENTIRE EVENT, BUT FOLKS IF THEY PULL THIS OFF THEY WILL GO DOWN IN HISTORY. AT LEAST FOR, LIKE, A FEW MONTHS. ANYWAY, LET'S GO TO THE ENVIRONMENTAL SPINNER! DEREK! PULL THE LEVER!" The crowd let out immense screams of entertainment as the lever was pulled.

A large holographic image of a lottery machine appears on all sides of the arena, with four spinners. The spinners spun quickly, making it nearly impossible to make out the passing words. It ticked through the options slower and slower until it finally stopped on Swamp, Desert, Svannah, and Ice.

"THIS IS ACTUALLY A PRETTY BORING MIX, DAMN. WHATEVER, BEAT EACH OTHER UP!"

The floor of the arena lowered and, in its place, arose four new floors. The quarter that Juno and Caja would be starting in rose up to be a barren and sandy desert, nothing in it but sand dunes, several large rocks, and tumbleweeds. The quarter that Verdant and Samuel would be starting in rose up to be a swampy mess. Mucky ground, dense trees, vines, and mosquito littered the area. The quarter that Declan and Dusk would be starting in rose up to become an iced over landscape. The entire floor was iced over and slippery and pillars of ice rose from the ground. The quarter that Chroma and Dorada would be starting in rose up to be a completely barren field save for chest high, densely packed, blades of wheat.

Just then, the doors on each side of the arena opened and, from them, out strolled the combatants.

(A coin flip decided Team VCVS get the first posts. The arena size is that of the 2v2 arena in the show, and features scaled down biomes. Good luck, contestants.)
Atlas: ShowHide
Mercenary: Kol Augur ~ The Judicator of Atlas
Speaking: #5C5054 Thinking: #EAC117

Mistral: ShowHide
Huntress-in-Training: Aca Roth ~ Member of Team RWND
Speaking: #E05260 Thinking: #EA857F
Huntress-in-Training: Brook Pallas ~ Member of Team CNBR
Speaking: #4863A0 Thinking: #98AFC7
Council Member: Phaedo Katsaros ~ Figurehead for Faunus/Human relations
Speaking: #667C26 Thinking: #B6CC76

Vacuo: ShowHide
40th Vytal Tournament Champion: Zabar Aga ~ Member of Team DAWN
Speaking: #CD7F32 Thinking: #EE9A4D

Vale: ShowHide
Huntress: Malina Nahualli-Roth ~ Leader of Team MCCA
Speaking: #993A64 Thinking: #8B0C44
Beacon Professor: Titania Printemps ~ Assistant Headmistress of Beacon Academy
Speaking: #4AA02C Thinking: #E55B3C
Drop-out: Durian Ghede ~ Former leader of team DFDL
Speaking: #E1BD27 Thinking: #AF8B00

Zwei Not

• "Better than Krillin"

• Personal Text
    The man your man could post like
    • View Profile
Re: First Year 4v4 Match - Final Round: Team VCVS V Team DKTA[Limited: 8/12]
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 10:37:26 PM »
The finals were not unexpected for the leader of VCVS. Though, to be frank, the competition this year had been unfortunately pathetic. He had especially expected far more from the Atlas Team RBTZ, but sadly, they had been torn to shreds by the VCVS fighting machine.

However, this match was different. DKTA, as the announcer had explained, were the underdogs. Yet they had managed to fight all the way up to the top. This wasn't going to be easy in the slightest.

But nothing worthwhile ever was.

Juno had instinctively activated the visor by the time he had stepped onto the field, the sand clattering harmlessly on his aura protected armor. The biomes this time around didn't offer much in the way of game changing feats, but at the very least, Verdant had cover.

"VCVS, check in." Juno ordered into his headset as he stole a glance at Caja, offering a thumbs up toward the girl.
Juno Varia: The Street Punk

Juno Vert: 1st year student of Beacon, Armored leader of Team VCVS

Phi: #007ba7

Nebu Nekhbet: DUAT unit 01: Desegnation RA

Nebu/Rho: #FFD700

Austin Vartra: TBA

Queso

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 04:49:33 PM »
Caja was pleasantly surprised by the current performance of her team, she hadn't expected them to do this well, reaching the finals was out of her wildest dreams, a confident smirk was almost permanently present on her rosy lips. If anything, Caja found the opposition easy, much easier than she had been expecting.

As the tiny girl awaited at the edge of the arena, she watched in awe as the differing biomes were lifted up. Everything was so new and exciting to her, a simple and boring life on Aval had left her with lower-than average expectations for what she considered amazing or awesome, so even the arena floor changing was something miraculous to her.

but, unfortunately for her, she couldn't stand and stare at advanced technology for too long, the fight was beginning. Juno's thumbs up was met with a nod and a wink from Caja. The faunus was clearly ready to go, evident by the way she jogged on the spot for a moment before finally checking the chambers of her dual handguns, ensuring that the hollow points were correctly chambered. To display her eagerness to anyone who already couldn't tell from her body language, Caja tilted her back and let out a fairly loud "OH YEAH!"

SirZinger

• Personal Text
    Let's get it done.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 01:17:05 AM »
Verdant looked at his soundings to see that he was going to be fighting in a swamp.
"Yes, a swamp someplace with some trees," he thought aloud into his mic.

Verdant had spent a large portion of his life living in forests and this whole tournament the areas he had been where in volcanoes and mountains where he had the disadvantage. Now he had an advantage on the enemy. Verdant drew a basic arrow and ran into the trees and climbed up into the branches disappearing from view.

"I am going to be providing cover for the team from the swamp, ask if need eyes on the enemy." remarked Verdant into the team's closed frequency.

Verdant Cowl First Year Student. Archer of VCVS

Glow

• Personal Text
    Ayo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2016, 10:45:31 AM »
Samuel winced slightly at the booming voice of the announcer, ears pushing against his head, before giving an awkward grin to the crowd at the introduction. It was cool and all that his team had managed to get into the finals, but it was a little bit much noise and effort for the faunus. He'd prefer to be sleeping, or playing guitar, or tinkering-

Basically there were a lot of other things he'd rather be doing. But he had promised to at least try in the tournament, with vague threats of taking his headphones away from Omicron, so he sighed and drew out Prismatic Performance. "Samuel checking in. I can just go where I'm needed, I guess. Prefer Ice or Desert..." He murmured into the closed system, looking distastefully at the swamp around him. Not somewhere he would particularly like to be fighting in.

Chains slowly unraveling from his arms, Samuel started up his music, preparing a rhythm to fight to.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 10:05:43 AM by Glow »
Lynn Aubin, Module-003 'Reaper' of Quartz Industries

Peperian Emem, Legend of Beacon, The God. MEME

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    Forgive me for what I must yabba dabba do
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2016, 06:06:27 PM »
Look, I'm sorry. I am. This match completely slipped my mind among the other threads and WB shit and... other stuff. So, sorry. At the very least, you can say VCVS won the 1st Year 4v4 Bracket.
Atlas: ShowHide
Mercenary: Kol Augur ~ The Judicator of Atlas
Speaking: #5C5054 Thinking: #EAC117

Mistral: ShowHide
Huntress-in-Training: Aca Roth ~ Member of Team RWND
Speaking: #E05260 Thinking: #EA857F
Huntress-in-Training: Brook Pallas ~ Member of Team CNBR
Speaking: #4863A0 Thinking: #98AFC7
Council Member: Phaedo Katsaros ~ Figurehead for Faunus/Human relations
Speaking: #667C26 Thinking: #B6CC76

Vacuo: ShowHide
40th Vytal Tournament Champion: Zabar Aga ~ Member of Team DAWN