Author Topic: Third Year 1v1 Final Round: Strelka V Sovereign [Limited: 2/8]  (Read 9995 times)

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    Forgive me for what I must yabba dabba do
    • View Profile
Third Year 1v1 Final Round: Strelka V Sovereign [Limited: 2/8]
« on: September 27, 2016, 11:22:15 PM »
"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!" A Booming and energetic voice explodes through the speakers set up around the enormous stadium. A deep and gravely voice, like someone who spent too much time smoking and decided now would be a good time to start screaming for their entire life. "WELCOME TO THE VYTAL FESTIVAL'S FINAL ROUND OF third year 1v1!" The crowd erupted into a ceremonious cheer, whoops and hollers came from all corners of Remnant as people tuned into the match from home. "I AM YOUR ANNOUNCER, VULCO DENTRES, LET'S GET DOWN TO BUSINESS YOU F ҉   ҉ KER!-" A loud, annoying BEEEP filled the arena. Of course, this of all events was kid friendly. "ANYWAY, ONTO THE COMBAT! PREPARE YOURSELVES, IN THIS FINAL ROUND, WE'VE GOT A STUDENT FROM ATLAS AND A STUDENT FROM BEACON- QUICK SIDEBAR, WHEN THE FUCK ARE MY BEANBAGGIES GOING TO INCREASE IN VALUE, BECAUSE I'VE HAD MINE STORED FOR AT LEAST A FEW DECADES NOW AND THEY'RE STILL WORTH JACK SHIT... ANYWAY! OUR FIRST COMBATANT IS STRELKA HARBINGER! SHE'S PREFORMED EXCEPTIONALLY WELL SO FAR BUT CAN SHE KEEP IT UP THIS ROUND? WELL, OUR SECOND COMBATANT, SOVEREIGN LEBLANC, MIGHT WANT TO PUT A STOP TO HER. NOT ONLY HAS THIS MAN MADE IT TO THE 1V1 FINALS, HE ALSO MADE IT TO THE 2V2 FINALS! TRUELY A FORCE TO BE RECKONED WITH! ENOUGH ABOUT THEM, LET'S GO TO THE ENVIRONMENTAL SPINNER! DEREK, YOU'D BETTER HAVE IT LAND ON SOMETHING INTERESTING THIS TIME! .... IT'S RANDOM!?" The crowed cheered, signalling the beginning of the end for the third year 2v2 rounds.

A large holographic image of a lottery machine appears on all sides of the arena, with two spinners. The spinners spun so quickly, making it nearly impossible to make out the passing words. It ticked through the options slower and slower until it finally stopped on Forest and Ocean.

"DEREK! WHAT DID I F ҉   ҉ KING SAY?!"

The floor of the arena lowered and, in its place, arose two new floors. Strelka's half became a sparse forest, with complete with all the things one might need for a forest, such as trees. And... and leaves. Grass, there's Grass too. Meanwhile, Sovereign's side became a shallow ocean, though it began to get very deep near the edges of the arena, it came complete with it's own little islands and pirate ship.

Just then, the doors on each side of the arena opened and, from them, out strolled the combatants.

(A coin flip decided Strelka gets the first post. The arena size is that of the 2v2 arena in the show, and features scaled down biomes. Good luck, contestants.)
Atlas: ShowHide
Mercenary: Kol Augur ~ The Judicator of Atlas
Speaking: #5C5054 Thinking: #EAC117

Mistral: ShowHide
Huntress-in-Training: Aca Roth ~ Member of Team RWND
Speaking: #E05260 Thinking: #EA857F
Huntress-in-Training: Brook Pallas ~ Member of Team CNBR
Speaking: #4863A0 Thinking: #98AFC7
Council Member: Phaedo Katsaros ~ Figurehead for Faunus/Human relations
Speaking: #667C26 Thinking: #B6CC76

Vacuo: ShowHide
40th Vytal Tournament Champion: Zabar Aga ~ Member of Team DAWN
Speaking: #CD7F32 Thinking: #EE9A4D

Vale: ShowHide
Huntress: Malina Nahualli-Roth ~ Leader of Team MCCA
Speaking: #993A64 Thinking: #8B0C44
Beacon Professor: Titania Printemps ~ Assistant Headmistress of Beacon Academy
Speaking: #4AA02C Thinking: #E55B3C
Drop-out: Durian Ghede ~ Former leader of team DFDL
Speaking: #E1BD27 Thinking: #AF8B00

Asterisk

• View Profile
Re: Third Year 1v1 Final Round: Strelka V Sovereign [Limited: 2/8]
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 11:49:07 PM »
Walking out of the hallway into the forest, Strelka drew her sword from her back and stabbed it into the ground in front of her, waiting for Sovereign to make the first attack, muttering, "We who are about the fight, salute you."
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 11:56:50 PM by Asterisk »

NotSurprised

• Personal Text
    I never post on time, don't ask why.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 12:15:06 AM »
Sovereign had walked out of the hallway with a confident manner. How could he not? He most likely had this in the bag if he played this properly, and in the end, they would all get together and have a laugh! Didn't stop that competitive flair in Sovereign.

Taking up his side of the ocean environment, Sovereign, in a flirty manner, blows a kiss in acknowledgment before putting on his game face. Quickly jumping back to make some distance from the middle and lands in the narrow end of the ocean environment. Sovereign tapped his gloves to use red dust in DPM and immediately used his semblance right off the bat. Making a throwing motion, Sovereign throws a rather large fireball at Strelka with the intent to do some early damage.

[Direct Hit: 4% Depletion. Splash Damage: 2% Depletion]

There was a little fatigue, but it didn't bother him too much.

[Aura: 100%]
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 12:17:01 AM by NotSurprised »
White Fang: ShowHide

White Fang 2nd Lieutenant: Artist - "Funny. When blood is spilled, it looks the same doesn't it?"

White Fang Captain: Blacksmith - "To create, is to destroy. It's that simple."

First Year, Team ALIA: Iron Silvarious - "You know nothing? Then get out of my way."

F̷̢͕͍̦̥̯̻̪̙ị̯̲̺̱r͏̻͉s̗t̛̻̼̣̞͔̤ ̸͘҉̲̠̖̭͕Y͓̣̣̲e̬͖̮̠͎̙̗͚a͙r̴̝͉̫͜,̺̣̕ ͔͎̰̯͓Ṭ̠̥͢͠ͅe̫͖̲̹̻̙͕͔͢a̺̫̼̝͔̕͠ḿ͚͚̙̪̻̗͚̝ͅ ̧͉̻͖̗̮̼͈͎̀͝Z͕͍̫C̵͈͈̖̯͎̖F̧̘̭͈͚̜R͈͚͖̣̝͔̰̘͈:͎̫̟̩̬̫̹ ̷̠̭͈̘͖͚F̠̟͈̜͍̫̠e͖͓͉͍͞n̵̰̗̘͈̹͞i̙̭̱̻x̵̦͠ ̷̙͈͈̠͎͉̮̺C̵͇̪̠e͕̟̟̙̻r̰̮̟͓̜̪̩u̯̞͉̥ͅl̺̪̝̣͢ę̥̲̹̹̜̼̳̘a͈̭͎͘͝ǹ̸̻͉̳͍͉̘̝ ̴̝̣̼͇̀̕ͅ-̡̼͚̪̱̻̪̙̠ ̖̬̠̠̪͎́"̸̜̙̣̠͚̻̲Ṣ̢̰͎̟͖̥̤ͅt̛̻̘̯̝͇ͅà҉̤͉͖ņ̯̘͚̮d̷͙̭͇̹ ̲̳̗̞͠͡b̞̣̲̪̳̖̯̭͡è̷̳̰̻̤̖͈͓̠h̶͕̦̭͚͎̠͎͜i̶̫͎͜n̵͙̙̹̳d̹ ̢̙̰̙̰́m̢̖̼̺̦͉͇̫̣͎e̼̼̞ͅ,̲͇͍̫̱͜ ́͏̲̯̳͎ͅI͈̣̰͙̝͈͚͢͞ ̛͙͙̤͚̬͜w̧͓̩̙͇͝į̭̦̹̜ͅĺ̙l̺͕̖̻̳̭̙͘ ̵̪̝̜͜p̛͉̺̻͢r̮̙̗͕̞̬o̡͝҉̞͉̖̼̪̪t͖͕ȩ̸̩̳c̹̯̘͓t̙̤̠͎͖̦̯͠ ͇̗͕͉̥y̵̷̮͙̮̭͙̱̪̝ͅo̶͉͈͎͓̮͇͈͍̘u̘͙̣͘͘.̲̖̫̬̦̤̤̀͝ͅ"҉̼̬͕͞

Fourth Year: Noir - "To see nothing, is to truly see the world."

Head of White Fang Investigation Team: Eklipsei Gray - "I bring justice to the darkness in this kingdom."

Third Year Vigilante: Sovereign LeBlanc - "For my next trick, I'll make your Lien disappear!"

Professor of Survival Training, Combat Tactics, and Miscellaneous Studies: Hunter d'Azur - "Alright kids, today's lesson is hide-and-seek. Try your best to hide!"

Fourth Year, Team CNBR: Arian Reaper - "In battle, only skill matters."

Asterisk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 12:22:24 AM »
Strelka took her gun out while moving her sword in the way of the fireball and fired her two Splinter rounds at Sovereign.

[Damage: You decide. I'm fine with anything.]

[Aura: 98%]
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 09:45:00 PM by Asterisk »

NotSurprised

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 10:11:59 PM »
Sovereign watched the shots splinter off into smaller pieces. With a smirk, he quickly dodges to the right, not caring for how much damage the smaller pieces did if they had somehow landed. With a flirty grin, he shouts out to Strelka,

"Is that all you got? Hit me harder pretty girl!"

Quickly switching off to ice dust, he jabs his right arm out high, quickly created multiple ice spears in the sky aimed at the general area of Strelka. With a grin after immediately creating it, Sovereign brought it down and the ice spears speed towards Strelka in order to do some more damage before closing in.

[12 Rather Fragile Ice Spears that break on any sort of contact. 4 aimed directly, the rest is simple AOE to insure 1 hit in Sovereign's mind. Direct Hit: 2% each.]

Sovereign can feel the fatigue hit a bit harder, and his nerves are starting to feel like they're burning a bit. He can still function at 100%, but Sovereign might be in a bit of pain (which he is trying to ignore).

[Aura: 97%]

White Fang 2nd Lieutenant: Artist - "Funny. When blood is spilled, it looks the same doesn't it?"

First Year, Team ALIA: Iron Silvarious - "You know nothing? Then get out of my way."

F̷̢͕͍̦̥̯̻̪̙ị̯̲̺̱r͏̻͉s̗t̛̻̼̣̞͔̤ ̸͘҉̲̠̖̭͕Y͓̣̣̲e̬͖̮̠͎̙̗͚a͙r̴̝͉̫͜,̺̣̕ ͔͎̰̯͓Ṭ̠̥͢͠ͅe̫͖̲̹̻̙͕͔͢a̺̫̼̝͔̕͠ḿ͚͚̙̪̻̗͚̝ͅ ̧͉̻͖̗̮̼͈͎̀͝Z͕͍̫C̵͈͈̖̯͎̖F̧̘̭͈͚̜R͈͚͖̣̝͔̰̘͈:͎̫̟̩̬̫̹ ̷̠̭͈̘͖͚F̠̟͈̜͍̫̠e͖͓͉͍͞n̵̰̗̘͈̹͞i̙̭̱̻x̵̦͠ ̷̙͈͈̠͎͉̮̺C̵͇̪̠e͕̟̟̙̻r̰̮̟͓̜̪̩u̯̞͉̥ͅl̺̪̝̣͢ę̥̲̹̹̜̼̳̘a͈̭͎͘͝ǹ̸̻͉̳͍͉̘̝ ̴̝̣̼͇̀̕ͅ-̡̼͚̪̱̻̪̙̠ ̖̬̠̠̪͎́"̸̜̙̣̠͚̻̲Ṣ̢̰͎̟͖̥̤ͅt̛̻̘̯̝͇ͅà҉̤͉͖ņ̯̘͚̮d̷͙̭͇̹ ̲̳̗̞͠͡b̞̣̲̪̳̖̯̭͡è̷̳̰̻̤̖͈͓̠h̶͕̦̭͚͎̠͎͜i̶̫͎͜n̵͙̙̹̳d̹ ̢̙̰̙̰́m̢̖̼̺̦͉͇̫̣͎e̼̼̞ͅ,̲͇͍̫̱͜ ́͏̲̯̳͎ͅI͈̣̰͙̝͈͚͢͞ ̛͙͙̤͚̬͜w̧͓̩̙͇͝į̭̦̹̜ͅĺ̙l̺͕̖̻̳̭̙͘ ̵̪̝̜͜p̛͉̺̻͢r̮̙̗͕̞̬o̡͝҉̞͉̖̼̪̪t͖͕ȩ̸̩̳c̹̯̘͓t̙̤̠͎͖̦̯͠ ͇̗͕͉̥y̵̷̮͙̮̭͙̱̪̝ͅo̶͉͈͎͓̮͇͈͍̘u̘͙̣͘͘.̲̖̫̬̦̤̤̀͝ͅ"҉̼̬͕͞

Head of White Fang Investigation Team: Eklipsei Gray - "I bring justice to the darkness in this kingdom."

Third Year Vigilante: Sovereign LeBlanc - "For my next trick, I'll make your Lien disappear!"

Professor of Survival Training, Combat Tactics, and Miscellaneous Studies: Hunter d'Azur - "Alright kids, today's lesson is hide-and-seek. Try your best to hide!"

Asterisk

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2016, 10:19:49 PM »
As Sovereign brought his arm down, Strelka fired a Flare round at the ground under him as his icy spears came down. Aligning her sword with three of them and without flinching in the slightest nor batting an eye as the remaining one hit her directly in the face, she cocked her head to the side and continued to gaze at Sovereign.

[Splash damage: 4-5%]

[Aura: 95% (3% damage cause of headshot)]
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 01:00:20 AM by Asterisk »

NotSurprised

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2016, 08:12:46 PM »
With a grin as he watched the spears break away, Sovereign charges Strelka with fire dust ready. Charging through the flares without a care, he's gonna start doing some big damage now. Sovereign's momentum got him right in front of Strelka and lunges towards her with a punch. DPM gave him just the boost to do more damage and get into range for a perfect punch if it lands.

[Direct Damage: 8%. Blocked: Small knockback]

[Aura: 93%]

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2016, 10:44:28 PM »
"Wooo! Go me! Aurum shouted, noisily gathering the looks of the people next to him, their gazes darting between him and the contestant in the arena. Not to mention he was wearing the Atlas uniform."Why do we still have to wear the uniform? It's damned stuffy, man! 

Fanning himself after loosening a few buttons he began wiping his glasses as he sat down again, yawning at the scene unfolding before him. If it was Aurum in that fight it would've ended in the blink of an eye, who won or how the match ended would be an entirely different story altogether however. Too bad he got lazy and had Sovereign fight instead...wait. Not too bad, it's great! More free time for himself!

"Kick her butt! Or freeze it! Or something!

Students
Wisteria Lockheart - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Don't make me throw a book at you"
Shiroe Pendragon - 1st Year Student at beacon - "This is my monochrome reality" - Team MARS
Lavender du Lac - 1st Year Student at Haven -  "The harder I try the further things drift away."
Ayaka Miyamoto - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Tsubame Gaeshi!" - Team ALIA
Vermilion Desdemona - 3rd Year Student at Beacon - "Only time you'd be above me is when your head rests on my pike"
Talen de L'eglantine - 3rd Year Student at Beacon
Kei Almas - 4th Year Student at Beacon - "Everything is ripe for the taking!"
Aurum LeBlanc - 3rd Year Student at Atlas - "Lay back, take it easy, and watch the comedy unfold"

Professors
Professor William Nox - "To contain the world in a grain of dust

Asterisk

• View Profile
Re: Third Year 1v1 Final Round: Strelka V Sovereign [Limited: 3/8]
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2016, 10:57:25 PM »
As Sovereign dodged the explosion from under him and dashed forward towards her, Strelka waited before activating one of her sword's dust functions while it was still firmly embedded in the ground, simultaneously angling it to block the punch that was thrown at her. Once activated, yellow particles were scattered for about half a second before large razor-sharp spikes made of glass erupted upwards all around Strelka in a 2 meter diameter.

[AOE Damage: 8%]
[Aura: 95%]
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 11:32:21 PM by Asterisk »

NotSurprised

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2016, 11:50:38 PM »
Sovereign felt his gauntlet stop from his sudden motion as it was blocked by Strelka's sword. Immediately, he winced in pain as his sensitive nerves bites back like a bitch from his semblance. With a rather forced smile to ease himself, he quickly backed away from Strelka when he saw yellow particles separate from her sword. Luckily getting out of there with only one spike hitting his arm, Sovereign immediately lunges back in towards Strelka. Closing it in even closer than before, Sovereign starts trying to do a three hit combo upon Strelka from different directions in hopes of landing at least one blow. Left hook, right hook, and a straight jab, Sovereign would reinforce his gauntlets with flames just for the blows on his opponent's body.

[Direct Hit: 6% each]

[Aura: 90% (cause arm hit)]

Asterisk

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2016, 11:56:29 PM »
"Tell me, why do you fight?" Strelka asks, eyeing down Sovereign without flinching nor moving in the slightest as she received a punch to each side of the head, then one smack in the middle of the face. She had been wondering that ever since Atlas, where Sovereign and his brothers had been infamous among the students.

[Aura: 77%]
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 02:08:57 AM by Asterisk »

Asterisk

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2016, 12:11:00 AM »
Meanwhile in the stands, Stella sat next to Strelka's mother Regina as they watched the third year fight. Turning, she asked the older woman, "How does she do that?"

Sighing, Regina said, "Probably Horatius rubbed off on her just a bit too much. Ever since late Signal, my daughter has been wrestling Ursai to the death using her bare hands for fun..."

"I se-"

"With her aura deactivated, might I add."

"What."

"Indeed. She's quite the eccentric girl."

"Well it's certainly not helping much in a tournament match... But I've seen her go up against Grimm."

"Strelka also... doesn't particularly enjoy the company of a large crowd. She knows winning the match will cause that, however, she also needs a reason to allow the other party to win."

"Isn't she just letting him win right now though?"

"No, not at all. Does that look like a victory to you?"

"I see what you mean... So you won't be disappointed or anything if your daughter loses?"

"Not in the slightest. She reminds me of Horatius." Regina smiled.

Stella smiled too while nodding as they both turned back to watch the match.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 02:09:53 AM by Asterisk »

NotSurprised

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2016, 02:18:22 AM »
With each blow, his gauntlet echos back with pain. With each strike, his nerves roar louder and louder as they land each time on Strelka. Yet, in that moment, pain did not matter to him. Instead, all that pain was ignored for one thing settling within his mind: Confusion. Pure confusion. Strelka took all those blows, all to ask a question? All to ask Sovereign why he fights?

Placing his confusion aside, Sovereign owes Strelka his truest answer. He backs up a little bit, as he cross his arms. With a pained grin as the adrenaline from his body fades just a bit, he answers: "I fight for my family, for they matter most to me." With a whisper that could only be heard by Strelka, he continues on, "I fight because I believe in a beautiful dream, that all things are good." After that, his grin vanishes as he tries to cope with the pain he had brought upon himself. Breathing in and out, Sovereign slowly got into an improvised stance to continue the battle after his brief moment of admitting his beliefs.

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2016, 08:13:19 AM »
Aurum woke up after dozing off just in time to see a combo of punches hitting the girl in the face. Jumping in the stands he started mimicking his brother, shouting, "One-two, one-two. Though bro, not cool. Hitting a girl while she's talking like that. Not that I care anyways, if you win I'll get ya a chilly cheeseburger, oh wait that's what I want.

Flopping back onto his seat he yawned once more and saw a quick glimpse of Sovereign talking back, unable to hear though because of the noise all around him. "If he's muttering something cheesy I'm going to have to draw on his face with a permanent marker all over again. Those dumb books are getting to his head. Seriously who reads this Ninja's of love stuff. Snore."
Students
Wisteria Lockheart - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Don't make me throw a book at you"
Shiroe Pendragon - 1st Year Student at beacon - "This is my monochrome reality" - Team MARS
Lavender du Lac - 1st Year Student at Haven -  "The harder I try the further things drift away."
Ayaka Miyamoto - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Tsubame Gaeshi!" - Team ALIA
Vermilion Desdemona - 3rd Year Student at Beacon - "Only time you'd be above me is when your head rests on my pike"
Talen de L'eglantine - 3rd Year Student at Beacon
Kei Almas - 4th Year Student at Beacon - "Everything is ripe for the taking!"
Aurum LeBlanc - 3rd Year Student at Atlas - "Lay back, take it easy, and watch the comedy unfold"

Professors
Professor William Nox - "To contain the world in a grain of dust

Asterisk

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2016, 02:26:20 PM »
Nodding, Strelka said, "I see." With a swift movement, she tossed both her weapons to the side and took a fighting stance towards Sovereign, spiked gauntlets clenching into fists as she waited for his attack. "Then I shall give you a match worth fighting."