Author Topic: [Redacted]  (Read 342 times)

Inexhaustive

• View Profile
[Redacted]
« on: April 13, 2018, 05:17:28 PM »
[Redacted]
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 04:58:02 PM by Inexhaustive »
Explorer / Beacon First Year / Enigmatic Aimbot of Team CASA (Casanova): Amane Petrichor - "Win your battles before they're fought."

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
Re: Eleanor Etoile
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2018, 01:30:55 AM »
I would highly advise against both using highly destructive materials like anti matter or science based semblances without a comprehensive understanding to the topic and considering you've written 'AM beam' in the profile I severely doubt the later.
No criticism is too harsh so hit me with your best shot.

Calen Shrike - ASTC - First Year Beacon.

Saffron de Cortez - SALT - Third Year Atlas.

Amarant Lovis - (formerly of)ACCE - Headmaster of Atlas Academy

Ramalia - RASB - First Year Shade

Inexhaustive

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 02:34:43 AM »
Okay, how this semblance is written is still kind of WIP but I really want to do this so please hear me out:

First, yes AM is highly destructive, but thatís why Eleanor only generates very little amounts. Like her full, highly-trained aura generates hundred-trillionths (1/100000000000) of a gram. Enough to consistently use as a formidable weapon, but not enough to be unbalanced for a fourth year on the site. So keep that in mind. I donít know how much would be unbalanced on the site so I put down what I have now, but mods like you can teach me how to adjust it.

As for the AM Beam part, I believe we have a misunderstanding. Itís not a beam of AM, itís more of a beam of aura that contains and prevents the minuscule amounts of AM in it from touching any matter until it hits the target.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 03:01:29 AM by Inexhaustive »
Explorer / Beacon First Year / Enigmatic Aimbot of Team CASA (Casanova): Amane Petrichor - "Win your battles before they're fought."

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    Infinite ADHD Asperger's physicist monkeys
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2018, 05:41:20 AM »
Btw, you can't have a semblance which spontaneously generates matter. Or antimatter. You can say "highly destructive and/or reactive Aura packets" but I highly recommend not going with matter generation of any kind.
Nathan Eau, De Facto Jetpack Guy and Leader of Team INKK
Camelia Sol, Miss Magnetic Personality and Leader of Team CBLT (dead team)
Anna Fall, Insightful Visionary of Team ASTC
Brock Greenwood, Human Titan of Team DGTL
Helena Chlophyll, Ray of Sunshine of Team CHES (dead team)
Scarlett/Corinth,Korynn,etc. Briggart/Topaz (In the works)
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Maena Nadir, Coherent Beam of Team SSMR
Europa/Encela(dus)/Io/Callisto/Calypso (In the works)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"Definitely not Johnny"
"Some goddamn bullshit, Invictus Omega"
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"I swear it's not my fault"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Inexhaustive

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2018, 05:57:43 AM »
But the thing is, sure you can say "highly destructive and/or reactive Aura packets" but I'm not just looking for an excuse to go pew pew, if I wanted to do that I would have done so. In fact, I did so until I changed it to antimatter because it's antimatter and the effect of it being antimatter, even if it only makes her just as strong as any other character, is what makes the semblance really special. Basically, I don't wish to take the easy route and just get out an approval, I'd rather take the hard, long route and end up with a character worth using.

As a final note, nobody said anything about spontaneous generation, I only mentioned generation on there. You do reserve the right to perceive it however you like though.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 06:18:30 AM by Inexhaustive »

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2018, 06:23:16 AM »
I believe what Nathan was meaning that the simple act of creation is a significant power let alone creating as devastating a substance as anti-matter.

But sure I'll give you a chance to explain yourself, how do the qualities of anti matter, specifically positron antimatter, serve in creating a reactive armour?

I would also recommend doing more reading on anti-matter as sure a 'hundred-trillionth' may kill someone in our world but generates a miniscule amount of energy. Like lightbulb level not laser beam level. Antimatter is powerful but a trillionth is a very small fraction.
No criticism is too harsh so hit me with your best shot.

Calen Shrike - ASTC - First Year Beacon.

Saffron de Cortez - SALT - Third Year Atlas.

Amarant Lovis - (formerly of)ACCE - Headmaster of Atlas Academy

Ramalia - RASB - First Year Shade

Inexhaustive

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2018, 06:43:00 AM »
I took out the positron part, not even entirely sure why I put it there. How the reactive armor works is that antimatter is diffused throughout her aura, still stored and contained using similar methods. When something like a sword hits her aura, some of the AM gets exposed and annihalates, dealing equal damage to both of them, but that's still better than just them dealing damage to her.

My bad, I've misplaced a few zeroes in my calcs. I hope we don't have to go into that detail, so may I just say that the total energy resulting from the antimatter generated by her full aura capacity is around the total impact energy of bullets from a heavy machine-gun firing for a little more than an hour?

Also, would you like to talk on Discord?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 06:57:31 AM by Inexhaustive »

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    Infinite ADHD Asperger's physicist monkeys
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2018, 06:59:23 AM »
  • Banned Semblance Abilities: These are general concepts that are not allowed for characters.
    • Creation Powers. You cannot create a hammer made out of a physical matter. You can create a hammer made out of Aura, which would dissipate when you let go of it or ran out of Aura.

Just a reminder.
Nathan Eau, De Facto Jetpack Guy and Leader of Team INKK
Camelia Sol, Miss Magnetic Personality and Leader of Team CBLT (dead team)
Anna Fall, Insightful Visionary of Team ASTC
Brock Greenwood, Human Titan of Team DGTL
Helena Chlophyll, Ray of Sunshine of Team CHES (dead team)
Scarlett/Corinth,Korynn,etc. Briggart/Topaz (In the works)
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Maena Nadir, Coherent Beam of Team SSMR
Europa/Encela(dus)/Io/Callisto/Calypso (In the works)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"Definitely not Johnny"
"Some goddamn bullshit, Invictus Omega"
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"I swear it's not my fault"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Inexhaustive

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2018, 01:29:33 PM »
Can someone delete this real quick? I've decided to take this character out of the works for the time being.