Author Topic: Well, it is the month of the Valeish. (Limited: 2/7)  (Read 4827 times)

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
Re: Well, it is the month of the Valeish. (Limited: 2/7)
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2018, 07:42:24 AM »
'Well some people are idiots but that doesn't mean that you should design your language around it.' Ramalia shook her head still clearly not understanding the situation any more than at the beginning. 'So then how do you decide who owns things if it isn't based off possession? You can't label everything or tell everyone, that just seems wasteful and what about transactions do you carry one of those labeling machines around with you? Who ever was the before-owner of these clearly didn't want them that badly anyway, otherwise they wouldn't leave them around. Really we are doing the school a favour by cleaning up the place.' Ramalia argued taking another swig before collapsing back down, sharing her considerable weight over both chairs which groaned in protest.

'See Tristan that's why you drink right up to the point of doing something stupid then stop. And make sure your house isn't flammable , or inflammable because they are the same because your language is stupid. Then everyone would be on the same page and I still wouldn't be the only one having fun.' Ramalia continued ignorant of any offense she may cause
No criticism is too harsh so hit me with your best shot.

Calen Shrike - ASTC - First Year Beacon.

Saffron de Cortez - SALT - Third Year Atlas.

Amarant Lovis - (formerly of)ACCE - Headmaster of Atlas Academy

Ramalia - RASB - First Year Shade

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    Infinite ADHD Asperger's physicist monkeys
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2018, 07:15:11 PM »
...Okay.

How do you explain alcohol to somebody, again? "Well, uuuhhh, alcohol is that thing people drink that make them irresponsible, uncoordinated and makes their head hurt the following morning."

He then turned to Ramalia as she spoke up, his eyelids dropping noticeably at her words in an utterly nonplussed fashion. "We don't necessarily label things; stuff that gets lost is still owned, like if somebody's handkerchief or something falls out of their pocket, but things that're abandoned are ownerless, like some kid's candy wrapper."

Brock's only further reaction at her passive-aggressive words about how she was the only one drinking was to close his eyes and rub his left temple.
Characters: ShowHide
Nathan Eau, De Facto Jetpack Guy and Leader of Team INKK
Camelia Sol, Miss Magnetic Personality and Leader of Team CAST
Anna Fall, Insightful Visionary of Team ASTC
Brock Greenwood, Human Titan of Team DGTL
Helena Chlophyll, Ray of Sunshine of Team CHES
Scarlett/Corinth,Korynn,etc. Briggart/Topaz (In the works)
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Maena Nadir, Coherent Beam of Team SSMR
Europa/Encela(dus)/Io/Callisto/Calypso (In the works)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"Some goddamn bullshit, Invictus Omega"
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"I swear it's not my fault"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Swordslinger

• Been Around

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2018, 09:20:07 PM »
Tristan took a very long, hard look at Ramailia and smiled thinly, then, in a spilt second, a large dragon wing appeared and bapped the annoying girl on the head. It wouldn't hurt at all, but it would certainly annoy.

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2018, 01:18:40 AM »
'I think Tristan knows what alcohol is it was clearly a jo--' Ramalia began before being swatted by Tristan's wing. Matching the older girls smile with a much larger one of her own Ramalia continued, taking the strike as much in her stride as Tristan did the joke. 'Well how do you know if something is abandoned or if something is lost? If someone is like you and doesn't drink then they might abandon bottles of alcohol but a child might find value in a lolly wrapper for arts and crafts. Surely it would be simpler to have the same rule for everything?'

'And I'm perfectly responsible and coordinated.' Ramlia added rather indignantly, although she did clearly leave of the head hurting thing. 'Anyway are you all from Vale? I haven't been here long is there anything you would recommend checking out?' Ramlia finished leaning back into her chairs.

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2018, 08:53:43 AM »
Brock was getting ready to retort something to Ramalia when large, scarlet, leathery wings seemingly appeared out of nowhere behind Tritan, one of them promptly whapping the former girl on the head. After taking a moment to process what just happened, he turned back to Ramalia. After she'd spoken, he countered with "Sure, from a legislative point of view but then fights would break out everywhere."

And she certainly looked... well, coordinated for the moment, although responsible could be put up for debate. Answering her question, he said "Originally from Vacuo, moved to Vale a few years back."
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Swordslinger

• Been Around

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2018, 06:58:04 PM »
"I'm from the countryside, one of the outlying villages." Tristan replied, "It kinda got burnt down though."

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2018, 01:51:56 AM »
'If the laws are so clearly flawed then fights are going to break out anyway, they will just be between the individual and the state. A less fair fight.' Ramalia retorted taking another drink. 'Vacuo the city I suppose? I haven't spent much time there to be honest, born much further afield. Still the city I nice enough if a bit too cramped. Honestly I don't know how you guys stand it. So much in the way between you and where you need to go annoys me to no end.' Ramalia responded with a clear wistful overlay.

'Do you ever miss it Tristan? The open fields of sand, or grass I suppose in your case, where you could find yourself alone, at peace with not a soul within miles. Not that we are ever truly alone of course. But sometimes the sand lets us have such fancies.' Ramalia continued clearly homesick as her eyes flash the same steel blue again.

'So why did you leave Vacuo Brock? They have a good enough school, weather is better here I guess or was it more the sense of adventure. No hard feelings about the treachery of course.' Ramalia responded smiling at the last sentence. Holding her arm out wide to give the swooping eagle somewhere to land, the creature squawked happily as Ramalia started to scratch it's head. The scavenger's expression did momentarily sour as she realised she could take another drink without disturbing her pet but reasoned it was a small price to pay considering how happy it looked.

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2018, 10:03:44 PM »
Brock's face visibly took upon a saddened countenance upon hearing Tristan's words, although as Ramalia furthered her point of view on laws - or more precisely, how laws were bad - it progressively turned into an utterly nonplussed state. Arguing would only prolong the debate and they were the only ones participating so far. Not only that, the upbringings were so different that actually bridging the cultural gap would take most of the time.

The right corner of his mouth contorted into a grin at Ramalia's friendly poke before his voice bellowed (at a normal volume) onwards from his mouth. "Well, my pa's originally from Vale and when he got a call that his own senior was thinking of retiring and passing the shop's key down a generation, we packed up and moved. Owning a store here - and one with history at that - sure beats having a relatively young one in downtown Vac'."
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"