Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
11
Beacon Academy / Re: An extra set of features[closed]
« Last post by EdgeyReyes on May 24, 2019, 03:40:57 AM »
Akel raised an eyebrow at Clara and tapped the large cylinder with many of the Gravity Tags on it "You mean like these?" Akel asked, before smiling and sliding the cylinder over to Clara "What do you have planned?" the bat faunus questioned, curious as to what her fellow student had in mind.
12
Beacon Academy / Re: An extra set of features[closed]
« Last post by ReaperJoe on May 23, 2019, 03:16:16 PM »
Clara picks up the device Akel puts on the table and examines it, twirling it around in her hands as she inspects it.  "This definitely meets most of the conditions," she says, running through a mental checklist in her head, "The trick would be to have the dust pull your target down.  Easiest way to do that would be to have another one of these to place on the ground underneath it and have them pull towards each other.  You'd have to make sure the ground one doesn't move, of course, otherwise it wouldn't be very effective."

"That being said, setting up two of these would be a bit inconvenient," she pauses for a moment to think, tapping her chin as she tries to work her way through the problem.  Finally, she asks, "Do you have another one of these on you? I might have an idea."
13
The Vale Region / Re: Hunt across the Savannah
« Last post by Kingnoname1 on May 23, 2019, 08:37:02 AM »
[Aurelia and Cerulean]

The Grimm Aurelia was fighting had little choice other than taking the full brunt of the knight's assault directly. It's attacks deflected and it's armour pierced the Beringel let out a loud howl that quickly died as it's insides filled with dust. In a living target, their insides would be immediately destroyed by such exposure but the Grimm was not conventionally alive, maintained by dark energy, and despite the massive damage, it had sustained it kept up its assault at least for now. Aurelia's shield was hard pressed to keep the creature's maw getting any closer as it repeatedly beat down on the knight's defences each movement sending shockwaves through Aurelia's shield arm. Unfortunately for the Huntress in training, the Grimm had other avenues of attack. Its huge black arms reached up and sort to wrap up Aurelia's head into its strong grip. The Beringal's body had been filled with so much dust that the combined electric and fire dust was spilling out of its mouth onto Aurelia's shield and Noble Stead below but still, the creature kept coming.

Once again the forest was rife with the sound of cannon fire, far more rushed and regular than the pair had heard before but it wasn't something Aurelia and Cerulean had to deal for long as after the sounds of a larger and far less controlled explosion the forest once again fell quiet except for the local conflicts. The two Beringel's watching Cerulean from the trees howled as the final explosion erupted and it sounded almost gleeful. Almost casually swinging around the branch they where holding on to the Beringals managed to easily dodge Cerulean's javelin and even catching the weapon as it sailed above them.

With that those two Beringals departed through the canopy towards the sounds of the explosions, leaving the Grimm fighting Aurelia to fend for itself. If the departure of its fellows bothered the creature much it didn't show it if anything it only served the enrages the Grimm further leading even more strength to its already furious blows.

Battle Data

Enemies

Beringal1: Health Fleeing towards the caravan.
Beringal2: Health Fleeing towards the caravan, holding Cerulean's weapon.
Beringal3: Health Impaled by Aurelia but doing ok all things considered.

Attacks
Crushing Grip around Aurelia's head: 10%

Spewing Dust(eww) over Nobel Stead: 6%
14
Teddy made his way back inside, the myriad of voices coming at him at once overwhelming his sensitive hearing. He put his back in the corner, holding his weapon in his hand. Unlike his other compatriots, his fight instinct had not really kicked in yet. A few restless nights with backbreaking work in between will put any man to exhaustion, and Teddy was no better. Teddy took a few slow, deep breaths to bask in the silence around him. Or what would have been silence without Calen once again reminding the group how much better than them he was.

"Can we please just, like, relax here for a second? What exactly is going on? I don't hear a damn thing." Teddy said, all the frustration he felt tenable in his voice. He turned his focus away from Calen for his own sake, staring down Anna in what would be a futile effort to garner attention.
15
Character Creation / Re: Arcano Blar Baldwin
« Last post by ReaperJoe on May 22, 2019, 04:35:29 PM »
So, in the personality, there's a bit of a contradiction where you say he's very calm in one sentence, but say he's very emotional in the next paragraph.  That warrants at least a bit of elaboration to explain.


16
The Vale Region / Re: Shards of Knowledge [Shard INC][Semi-closed; PM]
« Last post by ReaperJoe on May 22, 2019, 03:37:20 PM »
After looking around and thinking for a bit, Smokey responded, "Nah, that's about it."  And with that, he gets up from his spot and heads back out to the rest of the expo.  Maybe he'll find something else to do while he wanders around waiting for the fight.
17
The Vale Region / Re: At the mountains Summit
« Last post by DEXES on May 22, 2019, 11:13:58 AM »
"He's not the only one who can inform a supervisor about it," Dawn said in a monotonous voice as she headed toward the elevator with the rest of the group. Whether her employer tells someone about the offshoot or not, it wouldn't stop her from telling someone about it herself. She would write to somebody when they have some free time later. If they have free time. What this person then does with this information was left to the individual himself.

The rest of the way, as well as during the whole the elevator ride, she remained silent. She just stared at her scroll and deleted the blurry pictures she had made. Falcon Haven was a beautiful town, not exactly what she expected, but nevertheless a beautiful sight. At first set at the paintings on ceiling and pillars, she soon turned her gaze to the inhabitants of Falcon Haven. The gloomy atmosphere surrounding them made one heavily doubt the words of their employer. Not that she really believed in the fact that these were just 'accidents' in the first place, especially considering the information given to them by Sam Copper.

She greeted Eloise and the two Corporals with a handshake, "It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Lieutenant. My name is Dawn Mae."
18
Character Creation / Re: Arcano Blar Baldwin
« Last post by DEXES on May 22, 2019, 10:53:26 AM »
Well, a cloud will cast a shadow when it moves in front of the sun, so that would work.
The thing with the umbrella though, not so much. Arcano takes a shadow and pulls it over him like a cloak. Since shadows can't cast a shadow themselves (at least none that I know of) Arcano, can't use his own shadow to cloak himself.(Since he couldn't cast the shadow to hide in anymore) If he had the umbrella, he could use the shadow cast by it, then you wouldn't be able to see him, yes, but you could still see the umbrella, and that kinda destroys the concept of being invisible. If he hides the umbrella too, it couldn't cast the shadow anymore, (because of the thing I said before) and that would immediately cancel his semblance.
19
1v1 Matches / Re: First Year 1v1 bracket- Semifinal: Camelia Sol vs Juno Vert
« Last post by Rush on May 21, 2019, 06:22:17 PM »
The lack of change on the main scoreboard and the loss of his projectile prompted the young man to shake his head. He had missed. However, the lack of any retaliation gave him a bit more faith in the possibility that he outranged her. Maybe... Maybe he didn't necessarily need to go in against her. Nodding to himself at the realization, Juno released the triggers of Type J, keeping the blade at its current charge.

A light grin played at Juno's lips as he summoned another two disks beneath his palm, poking out from behind the tree again to lob the two in her general direction. If he could get her to try and rush in, he could have better control over the flow of the fight, as well as a greater capacity to capitalize on any of her mistakes. As such, Juno watched as the two disks arced toward their target, leaning a bit further out of cover as he intentionally gave away his position.

[Disk: 5% damage on hit]

[Aura: 100]
[Active: 2| Standby: 2| Charging: 1]
[Type J: Eruptor- Standby. Current Charge: 2. Remaining Dust at 60%]
20
The Vale Region / Re: A Difference In Social Skills [CLOSED]
« Last post by Xarias Fury on May 21, 2019, 03:30:04 AM »
     "Are you that starved for affection that something as simple as hand-holding amuses you?" Ayaka taunted, a single eyebrow was raised and her arms were crossed. Whatever the reason it's not like she had any right to be saying so either...though something as simple as that was silly. "Perhaps you should leave your cave more, Iron."

     Letting out a sigh, Ayaka darted her view about wondering what would be good to pass the time. Perhaps the two were on a date, but now that she was here she might as well entertain herself. Several passers-by caught the girl's attention, not particularly because they were of any importance, but because some of them carried the same doll as she did. Small, cuddly, and something she wouldn't be caught dead with in public, Ayaka moved her inconspicuously conspicuous bag out of view once more and coughed to draw the attention of her friends.

     A drink, maybe that's what she needed. Something to quench her thirst and perhaps a meal as well. That's what normal kids her age did anyways during outings, wasn't it? "Is there anywhere I could get a glass of water? I don't come here a lot and I am feeling quite hungry."



     
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10