Author Topic: First Year 1v1 1st Round: Gray V Nathan[Limited: 5/8]  (Read 23731 times)

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    Infinite ADHD Asperger's physicist monkeys
    • View Profile
Re: First Year 1v1 1st Round: Gray V Nathan[Limited: 5/8]
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2016, 06:25:23 AM »
Nathan didn't have time to react and was caught square in the back. Using the momentum from the hit to gain some distance, he rapidly spun around along with Ergia, aiming to strike the Faunus with a powerful blow to the side of the abdomen. No matter the result, he'd once again take a defensive stance. He would not repeat mistakes.

(8% Aura damage on hit)
(Aura:90%)
(Ergia slugs: 275 | 300)
Characters: ShowHide
Nathan Eau, De Facto Jetpack Guy and Leader of Team INKK
Camelia Sol, Miss Magnetic Personality and Leader of Team CAST
Anna Fall, Insightful Visionary of Team ASTC
Brock Greenwood, Human Titan of Team DGTL
Helena Chlophyll, Ray of Sunshine of Team CHES
Scarlett/Corinth,Korynn,etc. Briggart/Topaz (In the works)
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Maena Nadir, Coherent Beam of Team SSMR
Europa/Encela(dus)/Io/Callisto/Calypso (In the works)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"Some goddamn bullshit, Invictus Omega"
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"I swear it's not my fault"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    There's no accounting for dumbass
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2016, 08:14:35 AM »
Gray saw Nathan turning and positioned his swords in a cross pattern to catch Ergia and prevent any damage before he slammed them into the staff pressing on Nathan before he raised a leg and threw a pushkick into the boy's gut while pressuring him back with his swords hoping to send him sprawling. [2% damage if it connects]

[Aura level=59%]
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2016, 08:25:21 AM »
Nathan walked backwards at near running speed when he saw Gray's intent, putting a healthy distance between him and the Faunus. He readied a defensive stance and the majority of Ergia's staff sections became surrounded by a thin layer of bright orange.

(Ergia now has 5% extra fire damage)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 06:09:07 AM by nathan67003 »
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Uncouth T-Rex

• Personal Text
    Unofficial Forum Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2016, 11:29:33 PM »
Miss Roux looked more nervous than a cat in a room full of rockin' chairs, Marlon was certain of it. He couldn't blame her, a lot was ridin' on Eau winnin' and takin' the piss out of Pettibone...Since he'd managed to botch it, that is..."Oh, I'm sure ya can, Miss Roux, wouldn't doubt it for a minute. But even the canniest of folks can always use a second pair of hands, Pa always said." He chuckled at her mention of "extra eyes". "I can't rightly say I'm surprised you've got folks watchin' ya just like Cheri. Ya always did strike me as somelady important."

Jack had to avoid laughing at that big dumb slab of a man trying to be all protective. What a freaking joke! If you couldn't stop me in the ring, how would you stop me now? And why would you think I'd do anything but sit here with the whole world watching? Besides, it's not like you could stop words anyway, and breaking her pride is better than breaking her face any day of the week...You know, if Dogmeat really botched this fast, he'd probably have time to nip over to Ember's without Arachne noticing...nah, too risky, that would have to stay touch and go...

In the seat directly behind Jack, Mr. Galahad stared daggers through his sunglasses at the back of Mr. Pettibone's head. Outfitted in some beat-up jeans, a leather jacket, and a black knit beanie to hide his shaven head, he could have been just another tough guy come to watch heads get knocked together. And Lemmy, in a white tank-top and jeggings, had her hair down and heavily made-up, was pretending to fawn over him. From her angle, though, she could easily keep an eye on Miss Roux, barring Mr. Murk being so obstructively large! Ugh, she knew he was being a gentleman but how inconvenient could you get!? At least Niles, on the other side of their ward, wolfing down popcorn in his greasy blue technician's coverall, still had a clear vantage point. She admired his dedication, he found stadium food disgusting and stood a strong chance of retching it up later.
Seek Justice, Love Mercy, and walk humbly with your God.

Character List:
Spoiler: ShowHide
Marlon Murk-Leader of Team MRKD (Marked) "The power of the night, the press of the storm, The post of the foe; Where he stands, the Arch Fear in a visible form, Yet the strong man must go..."-Prospice, Robert Browning

Cheri Chanson-Team AFMC (Afirmacion) “The people who were trying to make this world worse are not taking the day off. Why should I?” -Bob Marley

Jack Pettibone-Leader of Team JCRA (Jackrabbit) "In my body, where the shame gland should be, there is a second awesome gland. True story."-Barney Stinson

Cherry Chainsaw "Wake up, I'm a bullet loosed Into the heart of a wretched age, I breathe just to beat and bruise, an evolution of the burnin' rage!"-Miracle of Sound, Hell to Pay

Professor Siobhan Clannad-Personal Finance and Home Economics Professor at Beacon Academy "We can do no great things, only small things with great love."-Unknown, often attributed to Saint Teresa of Calcutta

Professor Feltch Hatterly Criminal and International Law Professor at Beacon Academy "Art, like morality, consists of drawing the line somewhere."-G.K. Chesterton

Professor Scarlet Vandal Weapons Engineering and Design Professor at Beacon Academy "Perfection has one grave defect: It is apt to be dull."-W. Somerset Maugham

Character AMA here, Personal AMA here, Character/Plot Timeline here, Descent into Madness here

If you ever need writing advice, be it for a post, a plot, or a character, don't hesitate to ask, I'm happy to help! PM me if you need someone to DM Grimm or NPCs, or need my Professors in your threads, though my ability to help with that depends on my free time!

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2016, 11:38:03 PM »
As Nathan backed up Gray gave chase though instead of attacking head on he ran straight past Nathan turning rapidly on his heel and striking at Nathans back with both swords [10% damage] before he leaped above Nathan flipping in the air and aiming a kick at Nathan's face [3% damage]

[Aura level=#59%]
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

Uncouth T-Rex

• Personal Text
    Unofficial Forum Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2016, 11:43:02 PM »
Ki cheered wildly, "That's it, don't let him breathe!" Come on Gray, stay on this dork, right up in his face! Don't even give him room to swing!
Seek Justice, Love Mercy, and walk humbly with your God.

Character List:
Spoiler: ShowHide
Marlon Murk-Leader of Team MRKD (Marked) "The power of the night, the press of the storm, The post of the foe; Where he stands, the Arch Fear in a visible form, Yet the strong man must go..."-Prospice, Robert Browning

Cheri Chanson-Team AFMC (Afirmacion) “The people who were trying to make this world worse are not taking the day off. Why should I?” -Bob Marley

Jack Pettibone-Leader of Team JCRA (Jackrabbit) "In my body, where the shame gland should be, there is a second awesome gland. True story."-Barney Stinson

Cherry Chainsaw "Wake up, I'm a bullet loosed Into the heart of a wretched age, I breathe just to beat and bruise, an evolution of the burnin' rage!"-Miracle of Sound, Hell to Pay

Professor Siobhan Clannad-Personal Finance and Home Economics Professor at Beacon Academy "We can do no great things, only small things with great love."-Unknown, often attributed to Saint Teresa of Calcutta

Professor Feltch Hatterly Criminal and International Law Professor at Beacon Academy "Art, like morality, consists of drawing the line somewhere."-G.K. Chesterton

Professor Scarlet Vandal Weapons Engineering and Design Professor at Beacon Academy "Perfection has one grave defect: It is apt to be dull."-W. Somerset Maugham

Character AMA here, Personal AMA here, Character/Plot Timeline here, Descent into Madness here

If you ever need writing advice, be it for a post, a plot, or a character, don't hesitate to ask, I'm happy to help! PM me if you need someone to DM Grimm or NPCs, or need my Professors in your threads, though my ability to help with that depends on my free time!

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2016, 06:08:53 AM »
Nathan had been ready. No more surprises from Gray, he was now used to the style. Following him by turning on the spot, he blocked both swords as they flew towards him. The boy then jumped, prompting Nathan to go into a forward combat roll and thereby avoiding the kick in its entirety. Right when he came to a stop, he violently turned into a stab with Ergia aimed at the guy's back before popping back on his feet into a defensive stance.

(8% + 5% Aura damage on hit)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 06:11:52 AM by nathan67003 »
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Siuwa

• Personal Text
    Balanced self-insertion FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2016, 07:19:13 AM »
Cata arrived really late. He looked up and noticed the landslide aura ratio, and realized how much stronger the opponent is compared to Lily, the opponent he faced in the first round. Not to mention she bascially forfeit the fight and it can come out much closer or even differently had the fight prolonged or had she not made the mistake of running off.
Wow, that stick stabs hard... Hope I get savanna again if I were to fight him.
Catalina Glenn - first year Beacon Academy student - "Not funny, dude! And not dudes... and everyone else... " - Cata, Cat.
Infrared Ray - fourth year Atlas Academy student - "So it's __ and __(insert name here) meets each other."
Sheer Gold - second year Beacon Academy student - "This is super effective!"
Siu Ceong - Beacon Academy graduate Huntress - "What is this? Where can I learn about it?"

Character hex code for reference: ShowHide
Cat: #0A44C2
Infrared: #CB4154
Sheer: plain red
Siu: #28CDFF

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2016, 09:35:56 AM »
Gray landed in front of the boy and as he moved to turn to face him he took a staff to the back. Using the staff to gain momentum as he turned and dropping to the ground as he fell Gray sent a sweep kick at Nathan's legs [3% damage] before he popped up with his swords swinging upwards hopefully catching Nathan in the back. [7% damage] If Nathan was still on the ground Once this combination was over Gray would then stomp on the boys throat with all the force he could muster without using his semblance [5% damage] and keep it there in the hopes of preventing Nathan from getting back up.

[Aura level 46%]
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 09:43:01 AM by arcus_gray »

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2016, 09:48:26 AM »
Nathan didn't see the retaliation coming and was swept off his legs, helpless to block the blow to his back. Rapidly rolling to the side, he avoided being stomped on and rose to his feet once more. Okay, so the Faunus still had some tricks up his sleeve. Nathan swung at the opponent's right thigh, followed with another swing at the boy's left arm before regaining a defensive stance.

(5% + 5% Aura damage per hit)
(Aura:80%)
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2016, 10:15:48 AM »
Gray turned to the rolling opponent and hoped to be on him before he could get back up. While unsuccessful he was relatively close and could easily work with his current distance. lowering one blade to block the swipe at his leg he then raised his arm to block the next strike however the moment he felt their weapons connect Gray pushed down with that arm pushing the staff aside before thrusting with his other sword right at Nathan's chest [5% damage] before slashing outwards with it across Nathan's chest. [5% damage] After his strike was complete Gray moved even further forward advancing right into Nathan's personal space and ramming his head into Nathan's [2% damage to both parties. Will take damage in next post if this attack connects.]

[Aura level 46%]

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2016, 10:31:50 AM »
Nathan was prepared for the change of tactics. Although his opponent attempted to swipe his staff aside, he managed to bat the sword away before it hit him and blocked the next strike as well. What he wasn't ready for, however, was for Gray to headbutt him. His head briefly snapped back and as it returned to its previous position, he took the opportunity to strike at his enemy's wide open side, although the hit wasn't very powerful at such a short range, before immediately putting some distance between the Faunus and himself by pushing off of him with Ergia's central section, all the while stepping backwards.

(2% + 5% Aura damage on hit)
(Aura: 78%)
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Glow

• Personal Text
    Ayo
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2016, 03:20:21 PM »
???:

A cloaked figure looks out over the battlefield, glancing around at the hectic battle. "Hm... interesting." They murmured quietly, clenching their hands together. "Very interesting."
Lynn Aubin, Module-003 'Reaper' of Quartz Industries

Peperian Emem, Legend of Beacon, The God. MEME

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2016, 11:28:12 PM »
As Nathan's staff landed in his side Gray snapped his arm down on the staff pinning it to his side and feeling it burn him even more as a smirk crossed his face. Yep. that's definitely fire during the short amount of time he had Nathan's staff held Gray waved his sword behind Nathan and released all of the fire dust contained within before releasing Nathan and pushing him back into the dust and pushing himself away. If this worked the fire that covered Ergia would ignite the cloud of dust Gray had just pushed him into and create a large explosion [20% damage] as Gray dashed away to avoid harm.

[Aura level = 36%]
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 09:01:03 PM by arcus_gray »

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2016, 08:51:19 AM »
Nathan hadn't taken his enemy's Dust into account. Even though he knew it would sting like hell, he was okay with it as the Faunus had just dealt massive damage to himself by actually taking hold of Ergia.

As he was pushed back, Nathan already started switching his weapon's form, even though the sheath of fire wouldn't have the time to dissipate before he hit the cloud of Dust. He dove backwards, trying to gather as much speed as possible.

The Dust, as expected, ignited the moment Ergia grazed it and, thanks to Nathan's planning, sent him flying a good dozen or more metres away from Gray. Stopping his course in a tumble, he shook off his daze and, as Ergia finished transforming, brought the barrel to bear and pulled the trigger.

(3% Aura damage per shot, as many shots as is appropriate during the intervening time)
(Aura: 58%)
(Ergia slugs: Currently (before starting to shoot) 275 | 300)
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"