Author Topic: Walter's Ayy-Emm-Ayy  (Read 9876 times)

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    (´・ω・`) | I feel down the stairs and ravioli on me
    • View Profile
Walter's Ayy-Emm-Ayy
« on: September 30, 2016, 08:06:10 AM »
Ask stuff to my characters or yours truly. I don't judge. Except for all the times I do. Then I judge.
Razzmatazz Gele - 2nd Year warrior of happiness of Team ____. "Oh, I also like ____! Let's be friends!"

Janna Tarmac - 1st Year tank lady of Team DGTL. "Our job is to protect the innocent, and that's what I do."

Reginald Royale - 1st year snotty brat of team RBLS. "I'm telling father about this!"

Rufus Chocla - 2nd year freestyle rapper of team APRC. "Rap comes from the Soul, don't mess with the Flow, if you can't take no more, don't wait for Encore!"

Anza Burgundy - 1st Year archer of team CRSA. "War eagle, feller!"

Silica Methiviola - Assistant to the Royale Family/Reginald. "Suck my metaphorical dick, nerd."

Coconut Cream - 1st Year pervert of team CASA. "B-before we fight could you just like... nyah once for me?"

Tiber Rostrum - 1st year Bea(k)on student. "*Unintelligible, birdlike gibberish*"

My good ole AMA

Vision

• Personal Text
    The Unofficial Official Keeper of Statistics
    • View Profile
Re: Walter's Ayy-Emm-Ayy
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 06:16:36 PM »
Now that I finally have some real downtime I've been going through the HTDG posts before Diana joined the team in detail, trying to create a mental picture but I've been struggling with the voices should go with each person. So I was wondering how you would describe your characters speech and mannerisms (Rough? musical? Loud? emotionful/less? use of gestures? etc). Obviously I'm most interested in Janna but wouldn't mind hearing about your other characters too.

Feel free to judge this question to your heart's content.

Diana Levone - Beacon First year - Leader and Medic of team Digital (DGTL)
[color= #839CA5]""[/ color]
Bastet Nin - Haven First year - Blinking Glaive Skirmisher of team Rewind (RWND)
[color= #F2B233]""[/ color]

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 02:16:55 AM »
Janna's voice timbre is on the lower end of the spectrum, just above being a contralto if we're talking in terms of singing voices. She delivers her lines with confidence, rarely faltering or stumbling with her words. Janna doesn't tend to use any gestures when she speaks, as she's used to wearing her bulky, heavy armor, which makes such gesturing a challenge.

Razzy's voice, like it says in his profile, is high-pitched and girlish. I actually now have a pretty good idea for how he sounds thanks to Shuri-kun from Masamune-kun no revenge. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6Xi_04iNQE An example. It works well, considering he's voiced by a female VA.) He uses a lot of gesturing unconsciously, making excited little hand movements, fist pumps, hops on the balls of his feet and so on.

Reginald's voice always has a tinge of arrogance and a feeling of superiority to it, even when he's angered or shocked. For the 'base' of his voice I sort of imagine Trevor from AH, but more snooty and posh sounding. Same tembre though. His mannerisms all point to him imagining himself as the center of everyone's attention, usually idly grasping at his vest's collar or puffing out his chest. When he talks about himself in any context - and he does it a lot - he'll always put emphasis on every word referencing himself.

Rufus speaks solely in rap, so he might take a little while longer than most to respond to something as he comes up with a rhyme in his head, though he's quick on his feet and figures something out fast enough. For his voice I imagine something in between Lamar Hall (Specifically in 'Falling towards the sky') and Chip da ripper. He often accentuates his lines by hand movements or by stepping towards his opponent - generally, making aggressive gestures even when they aren't necessarily called for.

Anza speaks in a sort of 'Southern cow-gal' fashion, and, thanks  to basically growing up in two different environments at once, goes between kick-your-ass bravado and a polite, courteous demeanor in an instant. She'll usually express the full spectrum of her emotions on her face, not so much with the rest of her figure.

Silica's got a somewhat dry delivery most of the time. When she talks business, she'll be serious about it, not straying from form. However, during her free time, she'll let go a little, speaking much louder than she would otherwise. Her tone of voice gives away just what she thinks of her conversation partner, something that's rather evident with people such as Reggie.
Razzmatazz Gele - 2nd Year warrior of happiness of Team ____. "Oh, I also like ____! Let's be friends!"

Janna Tarmac - 1st Year tank lady of Team DGTL. "Our job is to protect the innocent, and that's what I do."

Reginald Royale - 1st year snotty brat of team RBLS. "I'm telling father about this!"

Rufus Chocla - 2nd year freestyle rapper of team APRC. "Rap comes from the Soul, don't mess with the Flow, if you can't take no more, don't wait for Encore!"

Silica Methiviola - Assistant to the Royale Family/Reginald. "Suck my metaphorical dick, nerd."

Coconut Cream - 1st Year pervert of team CASA. "B-before we fight could you just like... nyah once for me?"

Tiber Rostrum - 1st year Bea(k)on student. "*Unintelligible, birdlike gibberish*"

My good ole AMA

Vision

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2017, 05:50:20 AM »
Awesome, cheers :D

When you're making characters do you actively make ones that draw on some of your own personality traits (or opposite), or emphasize it from the characters point of view?

Bastet Nin - Haven First year - Blinking Glaive Skirmisher of team Rewind (RWND)

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2017, 10:35:56 AM »
Generally I don't think about whether a character reflects me personally. Sometimes I'll base a character off of something, such as a design I've seen before (Janna may have accidentally been based on Pharah, for example), a song (Reginald), or, yea, a personality/character I think would be fun to RP (Razzy, Rufus, Silica). Of course, I do put some part of my personality into every character - it's something pretty much every writer does, whether intentionally or not.

My good ole AMA

Vision

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2017, 04:10:19 PM »
Certainly everyone puts some of themselves as part of a character or its inspiration, hearing that a song was the inspiration for one though is really interesting.

Can you think of any other professions for your characters if they hadn't become huntsmen or huntresses? (Again you have quite a few characters so don't feel that you have to respond for each).
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 04:30:51 PM by Vision »

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2017, 08:06:48 AM »
Well, the obvious ones would be for Rufus and Reggie - Rufus would just be a rapper, while Reggie would probably still be heir to his family fortune. How good of a business man he'd make is questionable, though.

Razzy would probably do something that helps people and brings joy to the world - possibly some sort of teacher or entertainer. His semblance is designed mostly as a way to entertain himself and others, too.

My good ole AMA

Vision

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2017, 03:28:41 PM »
If you were to recreate your characters in DnD, how would you build them (classes and such) in order to preserve the same basic story/theme/combat behaviour?

(Feel free to use any other rpg system or video game classes if you aren't familiar with DnD)

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2017, 12:24:50 PM »
Well, Janna should be the easiest one here. She'd have to be some sort of lawful good tank class, which I'm guessing is the paladin. I'm not too familiar with DnD, really, but she'd still be as tanky.

Razz and Rufus could be bards or something - both are there as inspiration for the others, Razzy having his semblance and Rufus being a rapper in the original RP. Would probably work off of that.

I really don't know about the others. Like I said, I'm not familiar enough with DnD, or RPGs in general.

My good ole AMA

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2017, 10:43:03 PM »
How would Reggie react if all he was told that the new hip thing in Atlas was twirly moustaches but only if paired with a sharp pointy beard?
Students
Wisteria Lockheart - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Don't make me throw a book at you"
Shiroe Pendragon - 1st Year Student at beacon - "This is my monochrome reality" - Team MARS
Lavender du Lac - 1st Year Student at Haven -  "The harder I try the further things drift away."
Ayaka Miyamoto - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Tsubame Gaeshi!" - Team ALIA
Vermilion Desdemona - 3rd Year Student at Beacon - "Only time you'd be above me is when your head rests on my pike"
Talen de L'eglantine - 3rd Year Student at Beacon
Kei Almas - 4th Year Student at Beacon - "Everything is ripe for the taking!"
Aurum LeBlanc - 3rd Year Student at Atlas - "Lay back, take it easy, and watch the comedy unfold"

Professors
Professor William Nox - "To contain the world in a grain of dust

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2017, 01:39:50 AM »
He'd scoff at it, claiming that it was a ridiculous trend he would take absolutely no part in. In reality, it'd be because he can't grow facial hair for shit.

My good ole AMA

Vision

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2017, 07:01:56 PM »
All good about the RPG classes :) Janna is the one I'm interacting with most so that was the most important and your answer there makes perfect sense.

Now that our team is officially initiated I wanted to expand on some of the things that will have happened between initiation and the next thread with some questions to the team (in separate threads because that's how the amas are). Anyhoo. What did Janna bring to the dorm, what possessions would we find on her nightstand/desk/shelves that sorta thing?

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2017, 01:50:33 PM »
Janna didn't bring all that much, not stuff that didn't relate to her training, at least. She would have no books other than those needed for her studies, but she'd have a set of hand weights ranging from 3 to 10 kg and a couple of nicknacks here and there.

Janna'd have a couple of photos both on her nightstand and on the desk, though. She'd keep a photo of her parents on the nightstand and a photo of her little brother, Ezekiel, to remind her why she's training to be a huntress. On her desk she'd have a drawing of her from Ezekiel when the kid was 4, and a framed photo of her and Leela, her trainer, hugging each others shoulders and giving peace signs to the camera at some festival in Vale. She'd probably have an actual camera as well.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 02:35:51 PM by Walter »

My good ole AMA

Vision

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2017, 09:06:12 AM »
And how does Janna feel about the dorm situation, does she mind sharing a room like that (Care about sharing with both genders, is she particular about cleaning, or sleep schedule etc.)

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2017, 10:38:42 AM »
Janna doesn't generally seem that bothered by it, though she is more comfortable sharing the room with Diana than she is sharing it with the guys. She's clean and orderly in most things she does, but isn't really bothered by other peoples' messes so long as they keep those messes to themselves - she won't bother others about cleaning or anything. As for sleep schedules, she's grown used to her own schedule being fucked due to her massive armor. On days when they plan to do training or a mission of sorts, she'd have to get up super early, try and leave without waking the others, and get her gear sorted in time, a task which can take her up to an hour. As such, she won't let her teammates keep her up late before missions, and if we're talking bunks, she's taking one of the bottom ones.

My good ole AMA