Author Topic: First Year 1v1 1st Round: Catalina V Liliana[Limited: 2/8]  (Read 6930 times)

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    Forgive me for what I must yabba dabba do
    • View Profile
First Year 1v1 1st Round: Catalina V Liliana[Limited: 2/8]
« on: September 28, 2016, 02:03:50 PM »
"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!" A Booming and energetic voice explodes through the speakers set up around the enormous stadium. A deep and gravely voice, like someone who spent too much time smoking and decided now would be a good time to start screaming for their entire life. "WELCOME TO THE FORTIETH BIANNUAL VYTAL FESTIVAL!" The crowd erupted into a ceremonious cheer, whoops and hollers came from all corners of Remnant as people tuned into the match from home. "I AM YOUR ANNOUNCER, VULCO DENTRES, AND I WILL BE SERENADING YOU WITH THE SOOTHING SOUND OF MY VOICE DURING THE COURSE OF THE MATCH- JUST KIDDING, F ҉   ҉ KERS-" A loud, annoying BEEEP filled the arena. Of course, this of all events was kid friendly. "WHY WOULD I DO THAT!? I'M GOING TO SIT BACK AND LET YOU ENJOY THE PURE UNBRIDLED COMBAT! PREPARE YOURSELVES, IN THIS FIRST ROUND, WE HAVE TWO BEACON STUDENTS. IN THE FIRST CORNER, WE HAVE CATALINA GLENN, ORIGINALLY FROM... MOUNTAIN... GLENN? WHAT? THAT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE. THAT PLACE HAS BEEN OUT OF COMMISSION FOR AT LEAST A DECA- ANYWAY! IN THE OTHER CORNER, WE HAVE LILIANA BLOSSOM, ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE WORLD FAMOUS PEOPLE I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE HEARD OF. WEIRD, HUH? NOW ONTO THE ENVIRONMENTAL SPINNER, OR AS I LIKE TO CALL IT, THE ANTI-ENVIRONMENTAL SPINNER! ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES ISN'T THE SAME THING AS POLITICS, DEREK, SHUT UP!" The crowd, though somewhat confused, cheered heartily.

A large holographic image of a lottery machine appears on all sides of the arena, with two spinners. The spinners spun so quickly, making it nearly impossible to make out the passing words. It ticked through the options slower and slower until it finally stopped on Savannah and Ocean.

The floor of the arena lowered and, in its place, arose two new floors. Catalina's half became a plain barren field with nothing but the densely packed blades of wheat. Meanwhile, Liliana's half became a shallow ocean, though the water got deeper the further out from the center of the arena you went. It came complete with little sandy islands and a pirate ship out in the water.

Just then, the doors on each side of the arena opened and, from them, out strolled the combatants.

(A coin flip decided Catalina gets the first post. The arena size is that of the 1v1 arena in the show, but still features biomes, though scaled down. Good luck, contestants.)
Atlas: ShowHide
Mercenary: Kol Augur ~ The Judicator of Atlas
Speaking: #5C5054 Thinking: #EAC117

Mistral: ShowHide
Huntress-in-Training: Aca Roth ~ Member of Team RWND
Speaking: #E05260 Thinking: #EA857F
Huntress-in-Training: Brook Pallas ~ Member of Team CNBR
Speaking: #4863A0 Thinking: #98AFC7
Council Member: Phaedo Katsaros ~ Figurehead for Faunus/Human relations
Speaking: #667C26 Thinking: #B6CC76

Vacuo: ShowHide
40th Vytal Tournament Champion: Zabar Aga ~ Member of Team DAWN
Speaking: #CD7F32 Thinking: #EE9A4D

Vale: ShowHide
Huntress: Malina Nahualli-Roth ~ Leader of Team MCCA
Speaking: #993A64 Thinking: #8B0C44
Beacon Professor: Titania Printemps ~ Assistant Headmistress of Beacon Academy
Speaking: #4AA02C Thinking: #E55B3C
Drop-out: Durian Ghede ~ Former leader of team DFDL
Speaking: #E1BD27 Thinking: #AF8B00

Siuwa

• Personal Text
    Balanced self-insertion FTW
    • View Profile
Re: First Year 1v1 1st Round: Catalina V Liliana[Limited: 2/8]
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 02:22:01 PM »
"Nice to meet you! This battle will be fun and I'll win. Then I'll fight in your name as well as mine. Deal?" Catalina opened with these words while carefully approaching his opponent.
Catalina Glenn - first year Beacon Academy student - "Not funny, dude! And not dudes... and everyone else... " - Cata, Cat.
Infrared Ray - fourth year Atlas Academy student - "So it's __ and __(insert name here) meets each other."
Sheer Gold - second year Beacon Academy student - "This is super effective!"
Siu Ceong - Beacon Academy graduate Huntress - "What is this? Where can I learn about it?"

Character hex code for reference: ShowHide
Cat: #0A44C2
Infrared: #CB4154
Sheer: plain red
Siu: #28CDFF

ArosFarron

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 09:56:36 PM »
Lily was nervous. She always got nervous before a performance. She knew she had to try her best. She walked out and smiled. "I hope we have a good fight." She said as she bowed and readied her spear. She braced herself for any attack
Merletta Yoru: The Shadow Hunter
Liliana Blossom: The Maven of Song (Team REBL)
Lady Blair Valka of Felwinter "The Lady of the North
Alexander Noire

Siuwa

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 11:44:43 PM »
"Dammit, not enough range. But this might still work," Catalina thought. He walked even closer, lifting Got' eem's barrel pointing Lily and loaded a round.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 04:10:35 AM by Siuwa »
Catalina Glenn - first year Beacon Academy student - "Not funny, dude! And not dudes... and everyone else... " - Cata, Cat.
Infrared Ray - fourth year Atlas Academy student - "So it's __ and __(insert name here) meets each other."
Siu Ceong - Beacon Academy graduate Huntress - "What is this? Where can I learn about it?"

ArosFarron

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2016, 12:11:39 AM »
Lily noticed h45 opponent raising her gun and opened her mouth. She let out a loud road before coughing. She then noticed the pirate ship and made a dash for it. If her opponent was going to use range, she was going to try to get as much advantage as she could.

(Semblance deafens for 10 secs.)
Alexander Noire

Siuwa

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 12:32:21 AM »
"Oww!"Catalina Got quite disoriented by the roar. With his ear still ringing, he stumbled back into the savanna, calming himself and aimed. "What? In the ocean where you're are sticking out like a… stick? That's just asking to be sniped." He fired a shock round towards Liliana.
[1% aura and shock for 5 seconds if hit.]

ArosFarron

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2016, 12:45:07 AM »
Lily was hit as she made it into the water, causing her to fall. She managed to get up for a moment before feeling the slight shock from the shot. She made her way to the pirate ship and climbed up, hiding behind the wall of the deck. She needed a solution to this ranged battle or else she was never going to get a leg up. Rethinking her options, she looked around the ship.

(aura: 99%)
Alexander Noire

Siuwa

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2016, 05:55:09 AM »
No use camping, but even if you camped I can force you out. Gaining confidence, Catalina loaded a new cartridge and continued aiming.
What is in the cartridge: ShowHide
A full 20 rounds of explosive dust.

Edit: format.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 01:21:06 AM by Siuwa »

ArosFarron

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2016, 03:42:57 PM »
Lily took a deep breath and popped her head out. She scanned the area and decided that a full frontal attack would be better then trying to hide for the match. She hopped over the side of the ship, gripped her spear in hand and started to run directly at Catalina.
Alexander Noire

Leycil

• Personal Text
    Crew said? Croo said? Crew shade? Crow sahde?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2016, 11:18:54 PM »
'Go Lily!" Lucille cheered in the loudest voice she possibly go without going into a blushing breakdown from embarrasment.
Colton Joule - Fist of Lightning

Leycil Redlee - The Data Sniper

Lucillé Leyes - The Bladed Dancer

Orion Noon - High Noon Trickshot

Galileo Mephis - Randomness at its finest

Worldbuild: Flake Homestead: ShowHide

Thx to Asterisk's for the amazing banner

Siuwa

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2016, 01:19:55 AM »
Nope, you won't get to scream like a girl again. Careful not to repeat the same mistake of letting her get close enough to fire a deafening roar that might as well pierce the heavens, Catalina took his shock rounds in his hand and concentrated. In a timespan-to-distance ratio that would make the Blitzkrieg as a whole proud, a cone shape zoomed towards Liliana, preparing to pin her down if that hits. This is somewhat tiring, but Catalina has used to more, and since this move is used and time and time again, it didn't hinder him visibly.
[25% since she's charging, pinning does 5%]

ArosFarron

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2016, 06:54:49 PM »
As much as Lily tried, she could not dodge the attack in time and became pinned. She still held her staff in hand but tried to struggle free. She had heard her teammate rooting her on but there was not much she could do in the present situation. She closed her eyes and remained there, trying to use this situation to her advantage. She waited, for the right moment to strike.
(69% aura)
Alexander Noire

Siuwa

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2016, 11:21:38 PM »
Knowing how every hack-and-slash video game boss fight went, Catalina only took his time to take out what he needed: his fire dust and and half of it went to Got' eem, now transformed into Take that! and the other on his aura field. And then he retracted his aura pin.
[Now body touching aura should have something like 1% damage.]
[Autohit granted on the pin whlie doing all this]

ArosFarron

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2016, 11:02:13 AM »
Lily got up and held her spear in hand. She was panting hard but was still in the fight. "That was pretty good. I'm enjoying this." She said between breaths. She finally caught her breath and gripped her spear. She was ready for anything.
(68% Aura)
Alexander Noire

Siuwa

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2016, 12:21:58 PM »
"Heh? Don't want to chip away on my aura?" As Lily was getting up, Catalina walked slowly preparing for the melee engagement, "Power yourself up, and pull a comeback on me! THE AUDIO GUYS, MAKE SURE YOU ADD SOME MUSIC ON THIS!" Apparently he decided to do some trash talk now, and he genuinely waited for a Theme Music Power-Up from his opponent.