Author Topic: The Newbie Strategos [Closed]  (Read 4974 times)

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    Infinite ADHD Asperger's physicist monkeys
    • View Profile
The Newbie Strategos [Closed]
« on: November 17, 2017, 06:58:31 AM »
It was a new day. Much like every day ever, really. It was cold, or at least cool, windy, and cloudless. Still somewhat early in the morning, three students were walking towards an unused practice arena, taking one of the myriad corridors that would allow them to arrive at their destination without stepping foot outside. As one may expect, they were equipped to practice.

One of these students towered above the other two - and, in fact, aboe pretty much every other student the triad came across. Uloe slung on his back and his hands joined behind his head, the mastodon called Brock Greenwood walked at an exceedingly leisurely pace, in this case less because he was relaxing and more due making sure to keep matching the speed of his teammates.

The trio walked into the large room, spotted a free spot where nobody was in the process of causing property damage and headed there. When they arrived, Brock slowly lowered himself onto the floor and waited for his teammates to speak. He wasn't exactly the smartest or most talkative and was well aware of these facts.
Characters: ShowHide
Nathan Eau, De Facto Jetpack Guy and Leader of Team INKK
Camelia Sol, Miss Magnetic Personality and Leader of Team CAST
Anna Fall, Insightful Visionary of Team ASTC
Brock Greenwood, Human Titan of Team DGTL
Helena Chlophyll, Ray of Sunshine of Team CHES
Scarlett/Corinth,Korynn,etc. Briggart/Topaz (In the works)
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Maena Nadir, Coherent Beam of Team SSMR
Europa/Encela(dus)/Io/Callisto/Calypso (In the works)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"Some goddamn bullshit, Invictus Omega"
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"I swear it's not my fault"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Vision

• Personal Text
    The Unofficial Official Keeper of Statistics
    • View Profile
Re: The Newbie Strategos [Closed]
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 12:09:49 AM »
The days were getting colder as autumn approached yet Diana was actually enjoying the weather a lot, she didn't have to wear the many layers necessary in Atlas, and didn't have to sweat through the Valish summer. She could dress light and still be comfortable, it was great.

It was a bit weird to do a team training session without Hagane, not only was he their leader but he was quite the tactician. Still he had been sick for the past few days and it wasn't sensible to wake him this early on the chance he had gotten better, let him sleep in and if he woke up feeling well he could always find them here later. Although it was a bit grim to think about it wasn't a bad idea to train for what to do if Hagane was otherwise indisposed. Still not having him with them did have a side effect, without him to bridge the gap in height Diana looked tiny compared to the other. Walking down the hallway there was the badass shieldmaiden Janna, the goliath of Brock, and the slightly malnourished Diana.

As they entered the room she looked to the others and started throwing out suggestions. "Anything in particular you guys feel like starting with? Exercise, shooting, maybe a fight, semblances training or really whatever?" decision making wasn't really her strong suit, she was quite happy to be a follower not a leader.

Diana Levone - Beacon First year - Leader and Medic of team Digital (DGTL)
[color= #839CA5]""[/ color]
Bastet Nin - Haven First year - Blinking Glaive Skirmisher of team Rewind (RWND)
[color= #F2B233]""[/ color]

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    (´・ω・`) | I feel down the stairs and ravioli on me
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 03:21:06 AM »
Training without Hagane was, indeed, a bit odd, but it would be good practice. Hagane was, for the most part, the team's shot caller. Being able to fight without him present could prove useful on the field, especially after they graduate.

Janna had gotten dressed in her full armor for practice today. Usually, she would stick to something lighter when not squaring up against another team, but she felt like she had been slacking lately, something that her old trainer would never allow. As such, she had decided to suffer.

"Hm. I'm not sure. How about we do some warmup excercises first? Something to get the blood flowing before we start practicing anything in particular."
Razzmatazz Gele - 2nd Year warrior of happiness of Team ____. "Oh, I also like ____! Let's be friends!"

Janna Tarmac - 1st Year tank lady of Team DGTL. "Our job is to protect the innocent, and that's what I do."

Reginald Royale - 1st year snotty brat of team RBLS. "I'm telling father about this!"

Rufus Chocla - 2nd year freestyle rapper of team APRC. "Rap comes from the Soul, don't mess with the Flow, if you can't take no more, don't wait for Encore!"

Anza Burgundy - 1st Year archer of team CRSA. "War eagle, feller!"

Silica Methiviola - Assistant to the Royale Family/Reginald. "Suck my metaphorical dick, nerd."

Coconut Cream - 1st Year pervert of team CASA. "B-before we fight could you just like... nyah once for me?"

Tiber Rostrum - 1st year Bea(k)on student. "*Unintelligible, birdlike gibberish*"

My good ole AMA

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 07:08:26 PM »
Brock nodded at Janna's suggestion. "Yeah, let's start with that." As he unfolded his legs and leaned forwards, touching the tips of his boots with his fingers, he added "But Dee's got a point, here. What should we work on? Combo moves? Offense? Defense? Range? Melee? Somethin' I ain't thinkin' 'bout right now?"
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Vision

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2017, 12:55:42 AM »
Glad to see Janna take charge, Dianna was perfectly happy to go along "I'm not really sure what we should work on, but maybe that'll come to us once the blood is flowing." She placed her satchel against the wall, gave Janna a warm smile and then started to jog, quickly looking behind to see if the others were joining in.

Bastet Nin - Haven First year - Blinking Glaive Skirmisher of team Rewind (RWND)

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2017, 11:32:31 AM »
Running.

The one true weakness the human embodiment of a tank could have.

Janna was no slacker. Hell, she was quite athletic without her armor, above average without a doubt, but all her gear did encumber her quite a bit. Running around with it was a pain.

More the reason to practice. Janna took a breath and started jogging after Dianna, her feet landing heavily on the ground with each step, accompanied by the clanging of metal plates. "I was thinkin' maybe we could try figuring out some team moves or something! If we ever want to, say, take part in the tourney as a team, we'll need to know each other's moves to a t," the shield maiden called out to her teammates.
Razzmatazz Gele - 2nd Year warrior of happiness of Team ____. "Oh, I also like ____! Let's be friends!"

Janna Tarmac - 1st Year tank lady of Team DGTL. "Our job is to protect the innocent, and that's what I do."

Reginald Royale - 1st year snotty brat of team RBLS. "I'm telling father about this!"

Rufus Chocla - 2nd year freestyle rapper of team APRC. "Rap comes from the Soul, don't mess with the Flow, if you can't take no more, don't wait for Encore!"

Silica Methiviola - Assistant to the Royale Family/Reginald. "Suck my metaphorical dick, nerd."

Coconut Cream - 1st Year pervert of team CASA. "B-before we fight could you just like... nyah once for me?"

Tiber Rostrum - 1st year Bea(k)on student. "*Unintelligible, birdlike gibberish*"

My good ole AMA

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2017, 03:58:00 PM »
Aaahhh, shite. And here he was, expecting the warmup to consist of stretches. Fuck it, this'd do. Brock finished his single stretch before propping himself back up and jogging after the two girls.

Although, maybe the term 'jogging' was a bit generous. He was jogging, sure, or at least it looked like it, but he was doing so almost as slowly as he possibly could. He wasn't trying to conserve energy or anything; indeed, he'd run a marathon once. No, he was trying to not overtake his comrades - Diana given her small stature and Janna given the amount of metal she was lugging around.

Amidst the low, rhythmic thump of Brock's weight resonating through the floor and the clanging of his partner's armor, he gave listened to his teammates before joining the conversation himself. "Sounds sweet. It'd give us an advantage. Some combos unique to us or somethin', on top of individual skills."
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Vision

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2017, 03:05:14 PM »
As they were jogging Diana looked back at the others. She was always amazed that Janna could move around at any speed with all that metal on her. As for Brock, she had no doubt that he could outrun her with his absurd leg span. Then again being almost a third his weight did come with some advantages, she was certainly the agilest of the three.

Diana slowed down a bit so that she was next to Janna "Good idea." She paused a bit before continuing "Uhm.. I'm best suited on the backline, so to speak, so the combo is probably between you two. I can maybe help with some dust or something."

Sorry for the delay, on a bit of a health hiatus but will do my best to keep up

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2017, 10:29:31 AM »
Janna looked to the side for a moment, thinking. She then turned her head to face Brock. "Well, Diana's our support, and I'm the damage sponge. You're our hard hitter, Brock! Do you have any ideas?" she asked the large fella. To be quite honest, Janna herself was used to fighting alone. Her main goal was to protect those around her, which mostly meant having to rely on her own strength. And, well, she was hardly a master tactician. Not a lot of thinking involved in 'Stand in front of everyone and hit things'.

My good ole AMA

Flooberoid

• Personal Text
    Who, memu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2017, 05:05:55 PM »
Having awoken from a pleasantly long nap, Hagane yawned and tried standing up. He was frankly quite pleased with how rapidly he was now recovering. Yesterday, he was still vomiting and could barely stand on his feet for more than a couple seconds without getting light headed; Today, walking around was basically effortless. Despite the continued congestion and occasional coughing fit, Hagane felt fantastic when compared to the other day. Tossing together his combat gear, he headed to the training site. At the very least, he was fit enough to give instructions to the team!

Arriving only shortly after the rest of his teammates, Hagane overheard them talking and decided it would be rude to interrupt. He set Ichimonji and its scabbard aside and did some simple stretches while they spoke. Once he realized what they were talking about, he began to wish he'd brought a notebook rather than a weapon. Quietly stepping away to a safe distance, Hagane decided to let them have their time to practice without their leader while observing their behavior.
1st Year Beacon Students: ShowHide
Hagane Inaba- Can melt steel beams. Leader of team HTDG
Mint Fresch- A chipper gale.
Persimmon Burhan- A douche.
Carnation Prescott- Get it, CAREa? Sorry.
Lissa Lime- Beacon's spinning top
Jacob Stillwater- Nailed it

Literally everyone else: ShowHide
Patchouli Breschi- First year at Shade. Don't let her penetrate you.
Diamante Solar- Third Year at Beacon. Feel the Light of the Holy Noodle!
Dannum Sohrab- Professor of practical combat skills at Shade. Or at least that's his excuse to blow things up.
Crystal Evermore- Aura professor at Beacon Academy.

Now introducing my AMCA, complete with apathy!

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2017, 07:20:52 PM »
"Mmmmmmm.", Brock ruminated like so many buffalos. He wasn't exactly the smartest one around. "I usually just aim and hit as hard as I can, really. Use m'strength to its full potential and stuff. Actually, I'm pretty much a massive wad of buff on legs. Both of Uloe's forms are geared towards making use o' that. Don't have any Dust rounds handy, though." Fun thing with having such a deep voice was that you didn't need to speak up much for the sound to travel far.

That's right - the giant hammer form was something akin to a low low tech amplifier for his already large strength, while the minigun form was to give him a ranged option. The sheer mass and recoil of the thing - especially on the Kinetic setting - sorta made it a requirement to be strong and heavy.

Brock snapped out of his train of thought somewhat rapidly, remembering that there were other people around and that bumping into someone without Aura was probably enough to break a bone or two on their end.
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Vision

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2017, 05:17:41 AM »
Jogging slowly wasn't exactly all that taxing, leaving her mind to wander. She briefly wondered if she should call Hagane, not only was he their leader but he had a mind for battle strategy. She decided against it however, she knew it was best for him to get as much sleep as possible. She could check in on him after their training, that way she wouldn't wake him if he was still sleeping.

"Well I'm a pretty decent shot, if you hold Uloe up I can probably encase it in ice, fire or something. However, I'm not really sure how much that would help." frowning slightly she opening a small case on her hip to check what rounds she had with her.

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2018, 07:07:46 AM »
"I guess not having Hagane around really does make things a bit  more difficult," Janna said with a light chuckle, continuing her jog. "But that's a pretty good idea, Diana! My weapons... Well, they're pretty much just what you see. The shields are shields, the swords are swords, hand cannons are hand cannons. Not much you can do with them... Huh. Y'know, my shields can take a lot of punishment and deflect quite a bit of force... Brock, I may have an idea for a move, but I'm afraid it might leave me a bit sore afterwards."

What she was about to suggest would be somewhat dangerous for her. Her aura was tough, but if she messed up, then she could still go through a whole lot of pain. And yet, if they could figure out this move... It'd be kind of badass.

My good ole AMA

Flooberoid

• Personal Text
    Who, memu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2018, 06:42:07 PM »
Hagane winced at hearing the ideas his team had come up with for team attacks, seeing that they were basically just turning Janna herself into a weapon. Still, with the amount of metal she was wearing, that wasn't necessarily a bad idea. He glanced at Diana's gun... knowing that thing, it probably wasn't going to hurt Janna if what they wanted didn't work out. Brock on the other hand... Well, if they did what Hagane was thinking they would do, she might be more than just sore afterwards.

Hagane hesitated for a second before casually walking out as though he had just arrived. Trying to make his voice sound as normal as possible despite coming off of an illness, he spoke up. "Hello, everyone. What are we working on?"
1st Year Beacon Students: ShowHide
Hagane Inaba- Can melt steel beams. Leader of team HTDG
Mint Fresch- A chipper gale.
Persimmon Burhan- A douche.
Carnation Prescott- Get it, CAREa? Sorry.
Lissa Lime- Beacon's spinning top
Jacob Stillwater- Nailed it

Literally everyone else: ShowHide
Patchouli Breschi- First year at Shade. Don't let her penetrate you.
Diamante Solar- Third Year at Beacon. Feel the Light of the Holy Noodle!
Dannum Sohrab- Professor of practical combat skills at Shade. Or at least that's his excuse to blow things up.
Crystal Evermore- Aura professor at Beacon Academy.

Now introducing my AMCA, complete with apathy!

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2018, 03:58:50 PM »
Brock kept on truckin' as he listened to his teammates' suggestions and mulled them over a bit. "Guess encasing Uloe in ice would, uh, make it heavier?

Ja -
" was all he had time to say about his partner's proposition before, lo and behold, Hagane himself spoke up. Cracking a large smile, he bellowed "Well look who's risen from the grave!", coming to a halt near his leader - unless his teammates kept jogging, 'f course. Or maybe he'd put him on his shoulders or something, the possibility wasn't null.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 08:49:51 PM by nathan67003 »
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"