Author Topic: A Pinch of SALT [Closed]  (Read 22813 times)

Kaliot

• View Profile
Re: A Pinch of SALT [Closed]
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2017, 08:52:52 AM »
Avery unlocked his scroll and nodded. The two had eaten their fill, but before Avery could pay, Taylor beat him to the punch. His eyes lingered on the money for an extra second, the cogs in his brain churning as she had previously wondered if they could even afford the place and yet here they were. He waved over their waiter, requesting a receipt before leaving the scene.

A double-tap came from the dorm-room door before it busted open to an "I'm freeeeee!". Avery first glanced at the contraption then at Aurum. He raised his arms up in the air, walked over to Aurum, and placed an arm around his shoulder."Nice thing, bro. What are we going to do with it?" He grinned and gave a wink to Saffron. Avery was unfortunately never good at impersonating his brothers but here he was hoping.
Pyre Persephone Delanto

Formatting

Characters: ShowHide

Sophea Devi Visorith - Beacon Nurse, Gardener, Health Nut, Scholar
Mao Visorith - First-Year Beacon Student, Team SFF[M]
Aurelia Caelius - Beacon Graduate, Huntress, Team [A]URM
Izumi Cremisi - Member of Obsidian Rose, Assassin, Thief, Arcade Enthusiast
Airi Fogden Bicardi - Second-Year Atlas Student, Family Heiress
Avery LeBlanc - Third-Year Atlas Student, Triplet, Duelist, Manipulator, Team SA[L]T | Threads [Team: ]
Yu Mei - Third-Year Haven Student
Suna Arevik - First-Year Shade Student, Scavenger-in-Training, Team S[S]MR
Mara Lev - Mercenary, de facto Leader of Siren

Worldbuilding: ShowHide

Mahava Plains - The bastion of Eastern Sanus
Obsidian Rose - Valish Criminal Organization

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2017, 02:03:57 AM »
Aurum placed a hand to his chin and replied, "Just what any sane genius would do with it! Whipping out the contraption in full form he demonstrated the 'flying bomb fish' dangling in mid-air with nothing but a wire and some sort of beeping light on the fish's belly. "We're going to take this baby out for a ride. The problem is...I don't know where. Saffron doesn't want it in the cafeteria, the dorms are a big no-no.. Beginning to pace he dragged the device along with him while the fish dangled above the heads of his teammates, soulless eyes boring into their souls as it swung to and fro.
Students
Wisteria Lockheart - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Don't make me throw a book at you"
Shiroe Pendragon - 1st Year Student at beacon - "This is my monochrome reality" - Team MARS
Lavender du Lac - 1st Year Student at Haven -  "The harder I try the further things drift away."
Ayaka Miyamoto - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Tsubame Gaeshi!" - Team ALIA
Vermilion Desdemona - 3rd Year Student at Beacon - "Only time you'd be above me is when your head rests on my pike"
Talen de L'eglantine - 3rd Year Student at Beacon
Kei Almas - 4th Year Student at Beacon - "Everything is ripe for the taking!"
Aurum LeBlanc - 3rd Year Student at Atlas - "Lay back, take it easy, and watch the comedy unfold"

Professors
Professor William Nox - "To contain the world in a grain of dust

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2017, 06:44:14 AM »
In the time it took for Topaz and Avery to make their way back to Saffron had settled on her bed as she and Aurum continued to brainstorm ideas. 'Neither of those are terms I would use to describe you Aurum so I think the question still stands.' Saffron taunted playfully, grinning widely as the rest of her team came into the dorm. Her team. Three years and it still didn't feel real ....or deserved. Shaking her head before such negative thoughts could settle she tried to focus on the here and now.

'Ah there you are, did I drag you two away from something?' Saffron asked, tilting her head to one side. 'But yea I don't want it anywhere we frequent but there is no point doing this if no one is going to notice.' Saffron continued as her smile turned mischievous. Taking out her compact mirror Saffron then worked on flattening any stray hairs which been shaken loose in the passion-filled meeting she had come out of half an hour ago.

While correcting herself Saffron kept a watchful eye Avery, she had never got the hang of telling the triplets apart but didn't want to embarrass herself admitting that.
No criticism is too harsh so hit me with your best shot.

Calen Shrike - ASTC - First Year Beacon.

Saffron de Cortez - SALT - Third Year Atlas.

Amarant Lovis - (formerly of)ACCE - Headmaster of Atlas Academy

Ramalia - RASB - First Year Shade

mylies43

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2017, 11:46:21 PM »
Topaz shook her head in response to Saffron's question, "Nah just some lunch, it officially made me broke but the food was worth it." She said flopping onto the bed beginning the long process of digesting her meal. From her vantage point, She watched the others interact while thinking of some other potential spots for their "activity". She closed her eyes mentally mapping potential areas that they could A)use it and B)be able to run away from as quickly as possible, seems meeting both criteria would be difficult.

"What about the main plaza? We could just pretend to be one of the unlucky few nearby."She thought her plan was a genius,'Plus I could get a bird's eye view with Lithium and stay mess free.' was another thought that ran alongside it. Deciding preemptively that her plan was the best she reached under the bed and pulled out Lithium, making sure that he had enough charge and a good enough crystal for a flight.
Serin Avery = 1st Year Beacon Student[Team BSSM]
Topaz(Taylor) Stone = 3rd Year Atlas Student[Team SALT]

Kaliot

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2017, 04:16:10 PM »
Avery released himself from Aurum, going back to his normal self as if nothing had ever happened. "But the problem still remains that it is going to be difficult for you to move this contraption around to any public place with any sort of popularity." He moved himself over to an idle computer and projected it's screen onto a wall-mounted television.  What he brought up was a map of the city. Avery walked up to the television, grabbed what appeared to be a marker, and drew a circle around their dormitory. "So we're here. And the plaza is...here, west and slightly south of our room" He planted an 'X' on the plaza. "There are a few paths that can be taken to get there, the most direct of them passing by the cafeteria, recreational center, and training center." He glanced at his watch. "Moving through this area would be reckless regardless of time. Considering that it's midday, it will be extremely high risk for low reward. So, you some detours. Taking this northern path here will increase the travel time by some significant amount, but because it crosses through an office sector, there will be less eyes to catch you. On the other hand, this southern path bypasses the on-campus obstacles, It's shorter than the other path but does cross through a commercial sector. It's too hard to judge how many people will be around; it's too variable for this time of day." He turned back toward his teammates. "So those are some of the options for you all to take on your way to the plaza."

Avery glanced back at the screen, intending to keep his eyes there for just a second but something caught his attention. "Or...," he erased all the markings he had made, "You ignore the plaza and instead plant yourself here, in this empty lot of the office sector." The flow of his words noticeably shifted to that of sudden realization. He planted an 'X' on the empty lot and drew a few arrows pointing out of the sector. "People will be leaving, or people will be retreating to inner parts of their offices: their cafeterias, their break-rooms, what have you. It doesn't matter what it is exactly. What matters is that less eyes will be along the windows. So less people in the area and less along the edges of the buildings. You could set up here in the lot, wait for everyone to returns to the sector and to their positions, and then, well, do whatever it is you plan on doing with that thing."
Pyre Persephone Delanto

Formatting

Avery LeBlanc - Third-Year Atlas Student, Triplet, Duelist, Manipulator, Team SA[L]T | Threads [Team: ]

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2017, 08:33:12 PM »
As Avery prattled on, Aurum took one glance at the map with its x's and o's and whatever and snuck out the window, creative a slow bubble around the team so he could have a head start. At the very edge, and with Avery too busy with his plan, Aurum lurched through the bubble edge and tossed himself out the window, the sudden change of time speeds dizzying him as he flopped onto a bush down below. Being a bit far from the bubble it started to fade and he sprinted while dispelling it, dangling his new contraption along towards the crowded pala.
Students
Wisteria Lockheart - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Don't make me throw a book at you"
Shiroe Pendragon - 1st Year Student at beacon - "This is my monochrome reality" - Team MARS
Lavender du Lac - 1st Year Student at Haven -  "The harder I try the further things drift away."
Vermilion Desdemona - 3rd Year Student at Beacon - "Only time you'd be above me is when your head rests on my pike"
Aurum LeBlanc - 3rd Year Student at Atlas - "Lay back, take it easy, and watch the comedy unfold"

Professors

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2017, 12:22:15 AM »
OK that's definitely Avery. Saffron thought to herself, using her mirror to hide her smile as her team mate began forming a plan. Collecting herself Saffron felt Aurum move, she had put away her compact mirror and was half on her feet before Aurum's bubble hit her. Keeping the thousand of curses inside herself which instantly came to mind she tried to struggle through the slow field. Almost tripping over herself as the bubble ended Saffron had to bite back another curse, but now shared between Aurum's semblance and her own stupidity. 'Aurum get back here you inbred little shit.' Saffron yelled before looking sympathetically towards Avery after realising her mistake.

Continuing forward Saffron threw herself out of the window after Aurum drawing a hatchet and throwing it towards Aurum in it's boomerang form. If you get me called into the General's offices again I swear, the things I will do to you. Saffron vowed internally.

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2017, 08:35:57 AM »
Aurum looked back at his furious teammate, somehow having caught up to him and activated a speed bubble to give him a slight boost. The hatchet dove into bubble and despite what would have been a perfevt hit, the weapon arched heavily to the side and nearly clipped his fish, exiting the bubble then angling upwards this time. Wondering whether he should ever find out why projectiles did that he shrugged then leapt out his bubblr, the lurching hitting once again but this time he was smiling at Saffron as he made consecutive bubbles, leaping in and out of sped up time to easily gain distance.

"Sorry Saff, but I cant let an opportunity this good pass up!" he shouted, voice voice slurring as he hopped into a bubble for the upteenth time. "Damn this is tiring. I'll need a good doppio to get my energy back after this."
Students

Professors

mylies43

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2017, 02:15:03 PM »
Topaz looked on as Aurum jumped out the window followed closely behind by Saffron yelling obscenities hoping to catch up. "Don't want to miss out on this fun" she said out loud before grabbing Lithium and chucking him out the window before cranking the throttle up to max. Cruising along at battery draining max it wasn't too long before it managed to catch up to Aurum about ten feet above him. I should stop him before he does anything to get us into trouble, but I do want to see that thing go off.She thought calculating plans to get both statements to be true. A grin crept across her face as he realized it may be possible to do both at once. Pulling Lithium ahead of Aurum she dropped the plane to slightly below head level before killing the throttle and opening it up to its max width of 6ft. Hopefully one of the sharp edges would puncture the balloon while the bar would trip Aurum slowing him down enough for Saffron to deal with him assuming his weird time bubble didn't screw it up somehow.

Kaliot

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2017, 08:41:27 PM »
Avery suddenly found himself in an empty room, a slight breeze letting itself known with a soft hum and drawing attention to the window which has just been sealed shut just moments before. His mind quickly clicked into action as Aurum has done this stunt on numerous other occasions.

He turned back to the map, his eyes darting from his location to the two possible targets and the paths that could be taken to them. Settling on the path that would most directly lead to the target plaza, he shut the window and hurried off towards the nearest intersection building: the campus's recreational center.
Pyre Persephone Delanto

Formatting

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2017, 06:37:19 AM »
Aurum thought the coast was clear for a second before some dumb contraption burst the balloon of his exploding floating fish piņata. He spotted the flying piece of crap too late and tripped as well, swearing as he got a the stick tangled up with some string. Grabbing the fish part along with some remaining string he made a bubble around him and quickly used his time to fix the string and stick, but with no spare balloon left.

"Damn it, Topaz." He swore, seeing the pathway to the plaza. "On second thought...maybe this could still work out."

Using his bubble he leapt in and out of sped up time and finally stopped upon seeing a small crowd. Pranking instincts taking over he leapt for what counted as cover in a meager bush speckled with some snow and flung his fish out high above the crowds, the smelly, scaly, dead thing dangling high on a hard light outdoor lamp. To activate it he still needed  to activate the dust laced string, which...lost some of its dust. Now he had to find some other way to activate it. And a way to gather a crowd. Some people stared at the dangling fish, wondering why the heck it was even there in the first place as Aurum snuck out of the bush to find a rock to throw at it.

"A little physical stress should be enough. Just hope my ball arm works as well as it used to,"
Students

Professors

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2017, 07:11:21 PM »
Hitting the ground hard Saffron used her semblance to absorb some of the impact but still had to forced herself to start running as the pain rocketed through her legs  Drawing another hatchet Saffron was now fully armed again and even more furious given Aurum's taunting and the pain in her legs. She trained her shotguns at her fleeing teammate, slug rounds don't have the spread of normal shotgun rounds but still Saffron couldn't line up a clear shot. Except. Saffron thought, an idea quickly forming in her head. From above. Leaping into the air, augmenting her considerable strength with the energy she had stored from the fall Saffron fired a single ice dust slug at the device itself meaning even if the device is thrown the smell and chemical reactions might not activate.

mylies43

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2017, 03:24:46 AM »
"Wooo" Topaz quietly celebrated as she kept running after Aurum, Lithium accomplished his goal but Aurum was still armed with the fish so annoyingly the only thing that changed was the detonating method.She swept down to grab Lithium as she continued chasing after Aurum hoping to stop him before he got the team in trouble. But he had disappeared somewhere into the crowd while simultaneously putting the fish and string on top of a lamp.His skills can be impressive when he actually gets around to doing something she thought while scanning the area for signs of him. More and more people were starting to gather around to investigate the ruckus caused by the people who were already there and gacking at the now frozen fish.

Thinking fast Topaz decided that since she probably wouldn't be able to find Aurum in time to stop him the next best thing would be to get the fish. She ran toward the lamp post jumping at the last minute grabbing onto the slick surface of the pole, she only got a couple more feet off the ground before her clumsiness got the better of her and she slipped off. She tried to recover by reaching up towards the handles that extended right below the light, only to have her fingers fall short and instead she fell to the ground landing in a bush. "Ow, that hurt"

Kaliot

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2017, 02:11:00 PM »
White vapor filled the air in front of his face as Avery managed to find his way onto a rooftop overlooking the plaza. He focused onto the gathered crowd, bringing out his scroll and zooming in to spot Aurum sneaking about and Taylor laid out on her back. Saffron's shot had managed to freeze over the fish without outright destroying it and still swinging in the wind. Still, he wasn't completely convinced that it had been disabled.

He brought his scroll down from his face, exiting the zoom feature and immediately going into his contacts. [Saffron]. He tapped a few icons before starting to speak into the scroll. "If you can, throw the fish onto the roof of D'Lano Pastries to the east, your...left." He sent the voice message off to Saffron, hoping that she wouldn't be too caught up in Aurum's shenanigans to miss it. Avery went on to [Topaz], sending her a text message only containing the word "Killswitch". Lastly, it was Aurum's turn. "Are you trying to cause trouble for the police again?", he wrote and sent. Considering there were no officers in the immediate vicinity of the crowd, Avery hoped that Aurum would get the underlying message.
Pyre Persephone Delanto

Formatting

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2017, 08:27:55 AM »
Cops? Why would he have to worry about cops? It's not like anyone's gonna get injured or something. Besides, who the heck is gonna rat him out? Aurum grinned at Avwry's message but immediately flinched at the sound of ice freezing his prized contraption.

Gasping in shock he scrambled to look for something to thaw it out, or perhaps something strong enough to break the ice AND the fish at the same time. Time was running out and it seemd that saffron was closing in while topaz laid flat on the ground after a failed retreival attempt. Scratching his head Aurum knew that using his semblance would.be a dead giveaway to onlookers and his weapon was stuck in the dorm. Racking his brain he suddenly remembered where exactly he placed the fish. A dust powered lamp. if he could somehow overload the lamp, a blast of heat or electricity would be more than enough to trigger the explosion!

Getting giddy with excitement he rushed over to a random passerby and asked for a vial of lightninf dust, which he unfortunately couldnt get. Scratching his head once again he decised to just manually trigger the overload by sneaking towards the lamp and tampering with the surge control. He had a spare jacknife in his pockwt so he started making his way through the crowd and towards the lamp's base, skipping over Topaz while whistlinf a happy tune.
Students

Professors