Author Topic: First Year 1v1 Preliminary Match: Martin V Razzmatazz [Limited: 3/8]  (Read 20086 times)

OmegaX123

• View Profile
Re: First Year 1v1 Preliminary Match: Martin V Razzmatazz [Limited: 3/8]
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2016, 07:11:04 PM »
Martin dove for his weapon, just as Razz was launching his own attack. His hand wrapped around the haft as the slash connected, the weapon shifted back to sword form as the impact registered. He felt himself tense and then go limp, dropping to the ground to avoid a potential follow-up strike, he rolled and brought his own blade to bear, thrusting up towards his opponent with force.

(5% depletion)

(38% aura)
Martin Roja - 1st2nd-year student nosey-pants (see "Chasing Shadows" for details) of ShadeBeacon Academy (see "Under the Vacuan Stars" and "Immigration Blues" for details)

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    (´・ω・`) | I feel down the stairs and ravioli on me
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2016, 03:02:30 AM »
Razz was thrust into, not having dodged or blocked the attack at all. At this point, he went for a full offensive. The pink-clad boy retaliated with a wide swing, but, rather than going for a single strike, he spun his body around twice. The first attack was a slash directed at his opponent's chest, and the second strike was a leg sweep.

(Slash is 6% depletion, leg sweep is 2% with knockdown.)

(Aura at 50%)
Razzmatazz Gele - 2nd Year warrior of happiness of Team ____. "Oh, I also like ____! Let's be friends!"

Janna Tarmac - 1st Year tank lady of Team DGTL. "Our job is to protect the innocent, and that's what I do."

Reginald Royale - 1st year snotty brat of team RBLS. "I'm telling father about this!"

Rufus Chocla - 2nd year freestyle rapper of team APRC. "Rap comes from the Soul, don't mess with the Flow, if you can't take no more, don't wait for Encore!"

Anza Burgundy - 1st Year archer of team CRSA. "War eagle, feller!"

Silica Methiviola - Assistant to the Royale Family/Reginald. "Suck my metaphorical dick, nerd."

Coconut Cream - 1st Year pervert of team CASA. "B-before we fight could you just like... nyah once for me?"

Tiber Rostrum - 1st year Bea(k)on student. "*Unintelligible, birdlike gibberish*"

My good ole AMA

OmegaX123

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2016, 11:48:11 AM »
The immediate retaliation caught Martin by surprise, and he took the full force of both attacks. He tucked into a roll, and upon standing back up, shifted his weapon to polearm form with a spin and flourish. "This is the hardest I've had to work for a win in a while," he called to his opponent. "However this thing goes, gotta say thanks for the workout!" With those last few words, he sprinted forwards, spear outstretched, using his Semblance to create a pair of decoys hoping to distract Razz and drive his thrusting attack home.

(10% depletion)

(30% aura)
Martin Roja - 1st2nd-year student nosey-pants (see "Chasing Shadows" for details) of ShadeBeacon Academy (see "Under the Vacuan Stars" and "Immigration Blues" for details)

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2016, 12:11:52 PM »
Razz nodded enthusiastically. "Yeah! This was a lot of fun! Thanks!" He said with a huge grin plastered on his face. The attack which ensued connected quite well, Razz momentarily confused as he attempted to block one of the fake Martin's. The spear struck him in the gut, and he had to momentarily grab his opponent's weapon to keep himself from being knocked back. Razz then twirled around the weapon, using the opportunity as it was still in spear form. The pink-clad boy wend for another slash, followed by a whack to Martin's arms with the hilt.

(Aura at 40%)

(Slash is 6%, whack is 3%, potentially disarming.)
Razzmatazz Gele - 2nd Year warrior of happiness of Team ____. "Oh, I also like ____! Let's be friends!"

Janna Tarmac - 1st Year tank lady of Team DGTL. "Our job is to protect the innocent, and that's what I do."

Reginald Royale - 1st year snotty brat of team RBLS. "I'm telling father about this!"

Rufus Chocla - 2nd year freestyle rapper of team APRC. "Rap comes from the Soul, don't mess with the Flow, if you can't take no more, don't wait for Encore!"

Silica Methiviola - Assistant to the Royale Family/Reginald. "Suck my metaphorical dick, nerd."

Coconut Cream - 1st Year pervert of team CASA. "B-before we fight could you just like... nyah once for me?"

Tiber Rostrum - 1st year Bea(k)on student. "*Unintelligible, birdlike gibberish*"

My good ole AMA

OmegaX123

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2016, 02:07:41 AM »
The blade struck true, making Martin wince. He knew his aura reserves were running low, but he had a feeling his opponent couldn't be too far behind. Desperate, Martin released his grip on his weapon just as Razz's hilt came towards his hands, and he touched another of the charms on his necklace. Suddenly, a raging inferno billowed up around the fighters. It was technically an illusion - so the audience members in the back rows may be a little confused as to what's going on - but the fire Dust he had triggered infused it with a heat that was very real. He reached down and fished his discarded shirt out of the water, throwing it on and letting the dampness and the ice Dust woven into it cool him off, then grabbed for his weapon again, rushing closer and shifting it back to sword form. As he burst through a wall of illusory flame between them, he slashed downwards, allowing gravity to add to the force of his swing.

(8% depletion, potential disorientation either from the illusion itself or from the heat it's generating)

(24% aura)

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2016, 07:07:36 AM »
Razz saw his opponent reach for one of the charms, and expected another set of clones to appear. To his surprise, instead of clones he got a facefull of heat and flame.  Razz took a step back, shielding his face with one hand, Rozhe held in the other. He wasn't able to bring his weapon up in time as his opponent struck, and his hand was knocked downwards.

Razzy's response, however, was almost reflexive. As his arm moved out of the way, he moved his other one for a stab at his opponent's midsection.

(8% depletion)

(Aura at 32%)

My good ole AMA

OmegaX123

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2016, 12:59:39 AM »
Martin attempted to sidestep the attack, but was just a bit too late. The blade hit, but barely. He staggered, as for the first time in a while his aura was nearly depleted. Still, it was a hell of a fun match, and his face showed it through the determination plastered on it.The illusory flames died down as Martin shifted his focus from maintaining his Semblance to strategizing for the battle at hand. He stuck the blade of his sword into the ground, shifting it back to spear form and letting it lift him, and he used the muscle control that he learned surviving in Vacuo to swing himself around the haft in a wide arc, letting the spear use him as a weapon for a change, his feet flying towards the side of Razz's face.

(4% depletion)

(aura at 16%)

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2016, 10:03:14 AM »
Razz was struck in the face with two feet, and recoiled back from the strike. He felt his aura get pretty low, but he knew his opponent was worse off. It as time to finish things off!

Razzy pulled his blade back, but instead of going for a regular slash, lunge or stab, the boy flung the weapon at his opponent's legs. Then, as his weapon flew through the air, the pink-clad boy hopped forward, spinning on one leg. He brought his other leg upwards, going for a kick to the side of Martin's head. At least his opponent wasn't much taller than him. That would have been awkward.

(Both throw and kick are 4% depletion.)

(Aura at 28%)

My good ole AMA

OmegaX123

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2016, 01:41:53 AM »
Martin jumped as the weapon came dangerously close to his legs, only to come back down and find a foot in his face. He recoiled from the impact, and the buzzer sounded signaling the end of the match. Martin was defeated... and yet the look on his face could only be described as 'invigorated'. "You know I'll be coming for a rematch," he said as he gave his opponent a thumbs-up.

(12% aura, end of match)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 11:53:23 AM by OmegaX123 »

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    Forgive me for what I must yabba dabba do
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2016, 02:55:22 AM »
Matches end at 15%, wrap it up.
Atlas: ShowHide
Mercenary: Kol Augur ~ The Judicator of Atlas
Speaking: #5C5054 Thinking: #EAC117

Mistral: ShowHide
Huntress-in-Training: Aca Roth ~ Member of Team RWND
Speaking: #E05260 Thinking: #EA857F
Huntress-in-Training: Brook Pallas ~ Member of Team CNBR
Speaking: #4863A0 Thinking: #98AFC7
Council Member: Phaedo Katsaros ~ Figurehead for Faunus/Human relations
Speaking: #667C26 Thinking: #B6CC76

Vacuo: ShowHide
40th Vytal Tournament Champion: Zabar Aga ~ Member of Team DAWN
Speaking: #CD7F32 Thinking: #EE9A4D

Vale: ShowHide
Huntress: Malina Nahualli-Roth ~ Leader of Team MCCA
Speaking: #993A64 Thinking: #8B0C44
Beacon Professor: Titania Printemps ~ Assistant Headmistress of Beacon Academy
Speaking: #4AA02C Thinking: #E55B3C
Drop-out: Durian Ghede ~ Former leader of team DFDL
Speaking: #E1BD27 Thinking: #AF8B00

OmegaX123

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2016, 11:54:00 AM »
(Last post edited for the end of match)

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2016, 01:32:14 PM »
Razz blinked. He had just won. He had actually won a fight in the tourney. He couldn't describe the happiness he felt. Instead, he just smiled widely, and ran forward to give his opponent a hug. "I'll be waiting for that rematch for sure!" The pink-clad boy said full of glee. He'd then have to get back to get recuperated for his next fight, though. Also blow his nose. He was definitely catching a cold after this one.

My good ole AMA