Author Topic: Immigration Blues (Open)  (Read 16406 times)

OmegaX123

• View Profile
Immigration Blues (Open)
« on: June 02, 2017, 04:06:58 PM »
Stepping off the transport, Martin and his mother look around in awe at the surroundings, for different reasons - Blaze because she had lived her whole life in the deserts of Vacuo and never imagined a place like this, and Martin because he was excited to be back in Vale, and permanently this time.

"C'mon, Mom, let me show you around," Martin said, practically bouncing on the balls of his feet with excitement. "Well, uh, the parts of the area I got to see at the tournament, anyway." He pulled on his mother's arm, but she didn't budge. Her face was a strange mix of wonder, hope, and dismay.

"I hope I made the right choice coming here..." She pulled a small picture of Cerise out of her pocket, and looked at it with sadness.

"Hey, I've got my friends looking out for her, they're good at what they do so I'm sure it'll be alright." He pulled again, and this time, reluctantly, Blaze followed, putting the picture away. "Hey, you remember that girl I was telling you about after I got home from Vytal? Sakura? She had her main shop somewhere not too-too far from here. Or there's the hills, great view of Beacon from there. Or what about a walk on the docks to catch some of that sea air and relax? Oh, I did find a great place to grab a bite to eat while I was here, if you're hungry."

"My, Martin, you're full of energy today," Blaze laughed. "But I really should be getting to the shop, I have to do a final interview before I've officially got the job."

"Hey, I'll walk you there, and point out the places I remember on the way," Martin enthused. "This place has some pretty cool sights, I think you'll like it here."

((I have no idea if LuckyStar/Sakura is still even here, because it appears their last post was last year at Vytal, hence my decision to not head for the shop just yet :p ))
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 04:14:24 PM by OmegaX123 »
Martin Roja - 1st2nd-year student nosey-pants (see "Chasing Shadows" for details) of ShadeBeacon Academy (see "Under the Vacuan Stars" and "Immigration Blues" for details)

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
Re: Immigration Blues (Open)
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 02:35:23 AM »
It usually took Saffron a few days to get accustomed to being in a new place but Vale had always been different. Remaining a midpoint between the extremes of all the other Kingdoms made it feel like a second home which she never really left. Still this was the first time she would be here as part of the Atlas delegation. Tugging on her uniform nervously Saffron continued wandering around the city looking for a dust shop. She had long learnt that Atlas customs held on to her dust whenever she travelled for weeks at a time and wanted to be fully stocked for whatever training was in store.

Curiosity caused her to poke her head into the local soup kitchens and she how they differed from home. Saffron's Atlas uniform drew a lot of unpleasant stares so she quickly moved on but still caught a glimpse of the man serving; young, pale, extremely thin but serving with a smile and those around seemed appreciative.

Continuing on Saffron finally stumbled on a dust store; giving a sigh relief she walked in, greeted the owner with a wide smile, and started browsing their wares.
No criticism is too harsh so hit me with your best shot.

Calen Shrike - ASTC - First Year Beacon.

Saffron de Cortez - SALT - Third Year Atlas.

Amarant Lovis - (formerly of)ACCE - Headmaster of Atlas Academy

Ramalia - RASB - First Year Shade

OmegaX123

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 10:45:39 AM »
Martin walked into the store, ushering his mother in. "Well, this is the place," he said.

"Thank you, Martin, I'm glad you were around," Blaze replied. "I might have never found my way here on my own, these streets are so confusing.

"Yeah, lucky I was here last year for the tournament, right?" Martin laughed. "Anyway, guess I'd better head off, don't want to miss my first day at BeacOOF!" His statement was cut off as, upon turning to leave, he literally bumped into what one might describe as a brick wall of a woman, with hair almost as red as his own, and nearly falls back onto his behind. "Sorry!" he said sheepishly (sounding very much like a male version of a certain person who does't exist in this worldline).
Martin Roja - 1st2nd-year student nosey-pants (see "Chasing Shadows" for details) of ShadeBeacon Academy (see "Under the Vacuan Stars" and "Immigration Blues" for details)

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 11:00:42 PM »
He has got to see me. Saffron thought to herself as boy slowly but steadily backed into her. She could probably dart out of the way but it would of likely make more of a commotion so instead she place her hand firmly on the boys shoulders and carefully moved past him.

Smiling at his sheepish apology Saffron responded softly as she walked past. 'That's OK young man, best of luck at Beacon. Maybe I'll see you there.' Saffron then collected several vials of wind and fire dust and continued to the counter to pay.

'So what took you two out of Vacuo?' Saffron asked the boy and who she assumed was his mother while she waited to be served. 

OmegaX123

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2017, 03:44:30 PM »
Martin thought about whether it was in his best interest to be completely candid with this (somewhat intimidating) complete stranger, but in the end, decided that between 'seems nice' and 'everyone I met here last time was pretty cool', it probably was a good idea. "My mom got a job offer - right in this very shop, in fact - and I tagged along because I made some friends here last year when I was in for the Vytal Tournament and thought it'd be a chance to see them again," he replied. "Not to mention getting away from a few bad memories." He looked her over, noticing distinctive signs of 'home' (or possibly some other mainly-desert area - Menagerie?) amongst the signs of other, further places. "What about you? Or am I mistaken that there's some Vacuan history in your life?"

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2017, 01:23:24 AM »
'Close.' Saffron smiled. 'I'm originally from Menagerie but I did spend a bit of time in Vacuo when I was young so I might still sound like one. I think it's how I roll my 'r's.' She then slightly stiffened her quills preempting his likely second question. 'But currently I live in Atlas so I understand that sometimes it's time to move on.' Saffron continued gesturing to her uniform.

Paying for her dust Saffron started to load her hatchets. Locking the loading stock back into place she gave a satisfied grin to the boy's mother and her server before turning back to Martin. 'So if you were in the Vytal festival last year I suppose that would make you second year? I've heard a lot of good things about Beacon I'm sure it'ill be a good fit.

OmegaX123

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2017, 09:24:15 AM »
Martin's eyes widened at the mention of Menagerie, and further at the sight of the quills. "That is... awesome!" He grinned. "I mean I've met faunus before, but I mean, usually just like cat, or dog, or monkey, or hare, fox, that kind of thing, common stuff. This is definitely a first." His expression hovered between excitement, embarrassment at his outburst, and a general 'should I ask if I can touch them?' look.

"Yep, second year, though," he smiled slyly, "between you, me, and the people who saw me at the tournament last year, living in the mean streets of Vacuo has given me plenty of out of school field experience, if you get what I mean." He stod as tall as he could, puffed out his chest, and did everything he knew how to make himself look just that little bit tougher than he really was. His mother, meanwhile, laughed faintly from behind the counter, having just finished her final interview and started her job just in time to catch her son's display.

Lixsayla

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    There is more than is what!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2017, 11:14:42 AM »
Lix usually never had much of a chance to explore the town of the Vale colony, being only able to see it from way of there beyond Vale walls of the Reinhardt castle. While it may not be outside of Vale in terms of geographical terms, but being sheltered there most of her life meant she is as new to the land of Vale as a foreign student. Regardless at least Lix knew how to read her copy of 'A traveler's guide to Vale' and it came with a complementary map. Lix sighed as she finally reached her destination, a shop.

Most of the time, Lix never used the powdered version of dust unless it is for her shield, which in it's yellow box form hung and weighed down her belt to a loop side. But interested in seeing prehaps if she could use the tiny particles of crushed up Dust crystals to use the effects of her semblance. Not only will it boost her combat capabilities, it would make her stuff last longer based on her theories. Now it is just a matter of application. Adjusting her belt, packed and loaded with crystal canisters the size of a firecracker, she steps it to find two strangers conversing with the shopkeep happily smiling.

Lix looked around in awe before approaching a glass contained which held sealed vials of dust powder, her left hand glowing a bit thrlugh her dangerous looking glove. Lix then dashed towards what seems to be a glass display of crystals, but was disappointed. Reaching into one of her pockets of her belt, she pulls out a canister and shakes out a crystal, long like the canister itself and then compares it, and hust as she suspected, smaller. Lix reseals her canister before approacbing a dust dispenser and staring at it in awe. Looking around, unsure of who to ask, she looks at the faunus and waves shyly towards her before mouthing with an inquiry on what this machine do.
Lix Reinhardt - The Shield Mage

AMA - if you wanna know stuff.

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2017, 09:45:00 PM »
Saffron raised an eyebrow at Martian's reaction. It wasn't one she was used to, fear or annoyance or grudging acceptance maybe but never something so joyful. 'Well here I am. An Echidna Faunus, in all my glory.' Saffron laughed before turning to the door, her nose twitching as she sensed another person entering the shop. A little girl it seemed, a bit overwhelmed by the store dashing from display to display. There is a charm to their innocence I suppose, I wonder if I would still be like this if I had stayed with my father.

Noticing the girl was having a bit of trouble and the staff seemed busy with other customers Saffron deftly made her way over. 'So is there anything new in Vacuo, I haven't been there in years? I think there still is a bit of a grudge between the two kingdoms.... I'm so sorry where are my manners, my name is Saffron de Cortez. May I ask yours?' Saffron asked Martian as she slipped away towards the girl.

Grabbing another container Saffron mimed out the action of transferring the dust to try to help the little girl out and pointed at the labels on each tube stating their type. Saffron then tossed the container to the girl and gave her a reassuring smile.

OmegaX123

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2017, 01:03:31 AM »
Martin observed the silent exchange between the two, smiling, before answering, "Martin. Martin Roja. And this," he said unslinging the red and black blade from his back, "is Gradus Bellum." He gave the weapon a short practice swing, before he caught his mother shaking her head out of the corner of his eye. "Uh, yeah, guess I should probably be a bit more careful with that," he said, strapping the blade back into place. "I can show you better, if you're interested, somewhere... less likely for things to get broke or people to get hurt," he laughed. This Saffron seemed nice enough, Martin imagined he could trust her.

"As far as Vacuo goes, there's rarely anything new there," he laughed again, a little less cheerfully. "Sand, sun, the academies, bandits, Grimm..." His face darkened somewhat on that last word, but he quickly forced himself to brighten as much as he could. "You know, there's a few things I'll miss, but for the most part, good riddance to that sandy sauna." He wasn't being entirely truthful, but something about his demeanor gave off a vibe of 'I don't want to talk about it'.

Lixsayla

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2017, 02:12:18 AM »
Lix watched as the faunus stepped over to help her. How nice she thought. Lix watched the faunus girl, who clearly looks older and more feminine compared to her lack of curves. Finally understanding how the dispenser works, she formally bows and smiles with words of thanks. Seeing how she was being nice, Lix took a guess that maybe she knew more of Vale then she looks. Then something flashed and it caught her eye. Lix raised an eyebrow, even though she was staring at the direction where Martin is, her lack of male awareness blinded her of his existence. It was then she rubbed her eyes did she see him again. But her interested was not on Martin, but the blade he wielded on his back. Approaching it, forgetting that he was there, she leaned close and stared at the sword. Simply it looks like. Lix reached out to grab the hilt but her hand instead presses against Martin's chest and she jumps back with a small shriek.

Upon realizing her mistake, the Reinhardt girl begins to bow profusely in apology and for once she audibly spoke, "I-I I am so sorry! I am s-so sorry! I-I have this personal p-problem um um...I am sorry I apologize! Upon my pride as a Reinhardt I am one hundred percent at fault for what happen please forgive me!"

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2017, 03:38:06 AM »
'Nice to meet you.' Saffron answered turning back to face Martian. She was apprehensive when he drew his weapon but assumed it was just his nerves playing up because he is in a new city and talking to a stranger. The girl seemed to be getting along fine so Saffron nodded, 'Sure Martian I'd be interested in seeing what you can do. I feel the same way about Menagerie, I miss it maybe in the first and last few seconds of every day but most of the time I’m glad I moved on.' Saffron decided not to press the Vacuo thing, she was still curious but understood there was going to be stuff this Martian wouldn’t tell her right away.

As they walked out Saffron was tapping away on her wrist console so she didn’t notice Lix reaching for Martian’s weapon and was silenced by her overreaction. When Saffron recovered herself she opened her mouth to speak but decided against it, I’m sure Martian has this under control. So instead she just backed away slowly to stand by the door.

OmegaX123

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2017, 09:31:13 AM »
Martin tenses at the sudden contact, completely unexpected as it was, but calms when the girl goes into full flustered apology mode. "No, no, it's alright," he said in his best soothing voice. He still looked confused, and briefly glanced over to where Saffron had been with a 'help me' look on his face, but too late, the faunus was already gone. He called out after her, "Alright, see you around! It was nice meeting you!" Turning back to the smaller girl and the situation at hand, he stuck out his hand to ofer a handshake. "I'm Martin. I'm actually new in town, though I was here briefly last year for the Vytal tournament."

Lixsayla

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2017, 09:46:37 AM »
Lix looked down and fingered her wavy hair apologetically before taking Martin's hand and gave it a firm shake, just like how she was taught. The girl looks up before clearing her throat, her eyes still shifted to the blade but focus quickly back to Martin. The Vytal Festival piqued her interest.

"Ooh! You fought in the Vytal Festival! That's cool! Um... right introductions! My name is Lix Reinhardt! I'm rather new as well to town... Um funny thing js that I'm actually born jn Vale, lives in Vale, but not in Vale as you might think... Ever saw a giant castle in the distance that looks like it makes the peak of a mountain? Yeah... Having a family castle is weird a life..." Her attention then shifts to Safforn and she skips over to her and gave her a hand shake as well and bows. "And thank you Miss? Ma'am? I don't know but thank you! I have never seen such a cool thing in my life! A dust dispenser? It's like learning how to extract crystals like these!"
Lix quickly produces a canister and shakes it a bit to show that there is something inside before stuffing it neatly in her belt pockets.

OmegaX123

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2017, 11:50:13 AM »
"A castle? I can't even imagine," Martin replied in awe. "So either you've got a big family, or a lot of empty rooms, I guess, huh?" He laughed. "Anyway,
 it's nice to meet you, Lix.
"