Author Topic: Malina's Magnificent Mission! [Closed]  (Read 41872 times)

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    Forgive me for what I must yabba dabba do
    • View Profile
Re: Malina's Magnificent Mission! [Closed]
« Reply #135 on: January 01, 2018, 06:35:53 PM »
The vulpine grin shrunk as Celina made a pitiful expression behind her mask. "Oh, Cobe..." She began as the grin reformed. "I've seen you fight, all of you. Ever since you entered the swamp, I've been able to see you." She began to walk in a circle once more. "I'd be surprised if you even made it out of Beacon. You, Helena, Calen, Theodore, you'll die just like every other "hero" out there." She came to a stop and put Cobe between her and Helena. "I don't owe you an explanation and even if I did, you're not making it out of this room to make a difference." She paused and the grin spread once more, her white tail wagged behind her in anticipation. "I would say I'm sorry but that would be a lie, and you already know how I feel about those."

On cue with her words, an ornate spear rocketed up out of the ground below Cobe and struck him in the gut, not penetrating but knocking him high into the air back toward Helena. As he sailed upward into the air, a wave-like formation fo spears raising and lowered shot out along the ground toward Helena at a breakneck pace.

Boss Theme
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 05:10:19 PM by Dr. Gustave »
Atlas: ShowHide
Mercenary: Kol Augur ~ The Judicator of Atlas
Speaking: #5C5054 Thinking: #EAC117

Mistral: ShowHide
Huntress-in-Training: Aca Roth ~ Member of Team RWND
Speaking: #E05260 Thinking: #EA857F
Huntress-in-Training: Brook Pallas ~ Member of Team CNBR
Speaking: #4863A0 Thinking: #98AFC7
Council Member: Phaedo Katsaros ~ Figurehead for Faunus/Human relations
Speaking: #667C26 Thinking: #B6CC76

Vacuo: ShowHide
40th Vytal Tournament Champion: Zabar Aga ~ Member of Team DAWN
Speaking: #CD7F32 Thinking: #EE9A4D

Vale: ShowHide
Huntress: Malina Nahualli-Roth ~ Leader of Team MCCA
Speaking: #993A64 Thinking: #8B0C44
Beacon Professor: Titania Printemps ~ Assistant Headmistress of Beacon Academy
Speaking: #4AA02C Thinking: #E55B3C
Drop-out: Durian Ghede ~ Former leader of team DFDL
Speaking: #E1BD27 Thinking: #AF8B00

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 02, 2018, 12:30:48 AM »
'Maybe we should have asked for a hand getting down here.' Calen remarked, not exactly a joke but still clearly not taking the situation very seriously. The gaunt boy still made his way the metallic door, strength had never been a strong point of Calen's even before his dietary change and as such channeled his aura into his arms in preparation for the work ahead. A forest green haze started to flow out from his arms and his eyes lit up in half maniacal glee. 'You know it would be really embarrassing if it was one of the other doors. Maybe they swapped them around? That would be really sneaky.' Calen continued, his green glow making his smile appear equal parts fantastical and monstrous. Grasping the wheel lock Calen through all his augmented strength while still providing Teddy space if he wanted to help.

If the door opens Calen will take point moving onward but if brute strength fails Calen will instead turn back to Teddy and ask. 'Prehaps you could combine all your dust together to get through, maybe that way I can get my bribe back from the ruins.' Calen's smile vanished, having to rely on dust truly annoyed him combined with relying on a time meant Calen would lose any and all interest in joking around, at least for the time being.
No criticism is too harsh so hit me with your best shot.

Calen Shrike - ASTC - First Year Beacon.

Saffron de Cortez - SALT - Third Year Atlas.

Amarant Lovis - (formerly of)ACCE - Headmaster of Atlas Academy

Ramalia - RASB - First Year Shade

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    Infinite ADHD Asperger's physicist monkeys
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 02, 2018, 03:52:58 PM »
As Cobe and Celina kept conversing, Helena continued to match the latter's movements, keeping her teammate from slipping out of view and into harm's way. Even given said teammate's... odd recent behavior. First he'd reprimanded her for not wanting to let the potential enemy get the jump on them and now, he was almost siding with the Faunus girl. Seriously, what was even happening anymore.

As Celina started threatening them - at least implicitly, by the looks of it, - and came to a stop, so did Helena, still keeping an angle that prevented the other two occupants of the room from lining up, her bow raising half-way as she did.

First thing that happened is a spear appearing from underneath Cobe and sending him flying up and towards Helena. As fast as her reflexes allowed, she rose her bow to its correct shooting position and let go of the string, sending the nocked arrow barreling right at the now-very-obvious antagonist before jumping and rolling to her own right, planning to let the wave 'crash' harmlessly against the wall.

(Arrows: 9/10 bag, 24/24 quiver
Dust: 1 Kinetic, 1 Ice, 1 Fire used)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 11:37:12 AM by nathan67003 »
Characters: ShowHide
Nathan Eau, De Facto Jetpack Guy and Leader of Team INKK
Camelia Sol, Miss Magnetic Personality and Leader of Team CAST
Anna Fall, Insightful Visionary of Team ASTC
Brock Greenwood, Human Titan of Team DGTL
Helena Chlophyll, Ray of Sunshine of Team CHES
Scarlett/Corinth,Korynn,etc. Briggart/Topaz (In the works)
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Maena Nadir, Coherent Beam of Team SSMR
Europa/Encela(dus)/Io/Callisto/Calypso (In the works)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"Some goddamn bullshit, Invictus Omega"
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"I swear it's not my fault"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 02, 2018, 08:06:43 PM »
Calen and Teddy: ShowHide
Through the combined strength of the two boys, the heavy door slowly opened, stopping at a 90-degree angle. Below the heavy vault-like door was a ladder leading down to a fairly well lit looking cavern. Laid out along the wall were what appeared to be closed crates with several pickaxes leaning against them and hardhats with lights clipped onto the front.

Calen was the first to make his way down, followed shortly Teddy, finding the surrounding area mostly devoid of anything spectacular outside of the crates and objects. A dark tunnel lead away from the ladder, shouldered by what appeared to be burnt out lights.

[spoiler=Cobe and Helena]As the arrow was loosed from Helena's bow, it shot straight and true toward Celina, who stood unmoved from her spot. Just as it was about to find it's mark in her White Fang robes, the arrow shot up into the air and curved around, flying directly back toward Helena's eye with a greater speed than before.

Mikelobmike

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 04, 2018, 01:27:29 AM »
It was about two rungs down when Teddy started to regret bringing such a massive pack with him. Sure, it was certainly helpful for bringing a plethora of stuff with him, but it tended to restrict mobility. He was only stuck on the door for a few seconds, but they were important, panic-filled seconds. Teddy struggled briefly to get himself free from being wedged in before slipping out and falling below.

Landing hard on his heels, Teddy could tell one thing about the area straight away. It was really freaking dark down here. For him it really wasn't an issue. Calen might have a bit more difficulty in navigating the darkness. Setting his pack down, Teddy started digging through the massive pile of crap he brought with him. After a few seconds, he pulled out a flashlight with a rather large bulb in it. The beam that shone out of it covered a wide area in bright white light. "I've got a flashlight! I-If you needed it, anyway." Teddy said, moving back over to Calen.
1st Year Beacon Student Michael Vaktar http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,589.0.html
1st Year Beacon Student Chris "The Tiger" Sebei  http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,601.0.html
1st Year Student Theodore "Teddy" Williams http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,744.0.html
3rd Year Beacon Student Justice Montenegro http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,1081.0.html

SonicCraftX

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    "The best apology is changed behaviour."
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 07, 2018, 11:42:39 AM »
The last thing that expected to happen was that, regardless, he now had to think on his feet. When he landed he saw the wave of spears, and knew what to do, aim for the centre of mass.

He looked to shoot Celina, however, at the last second shot into the centre of the spears, hoping to stop the wave from reforming.

(Aura: 98%)
(1 Gravity Dust used)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 09:31:30 AM by SonicCraftX »
Cobe Sky - "Don't get in my way, or I'll cut you up as fast as these Grimm"
(http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,63.0.html)

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 09, 2018, 05:39:38 AM »
Breathing slightly heavily from opening the door Calen quickly made his way down the darkened passage way. Taking out his scroll to light his way just as Teddy offered a torch gave the gaunt boy the perfect opportunity to simply shoot a silent smug grim back to his companion and continued to walk ahead with his far inferior light source. It seemed like they were getting close to the source of this strife so Calen ensured he was on his toes. Weapon drawn, in sword form and in his right hand while his left held the scroll light. Calen advanced with practiced ease minimising the noise he created while keeping a careful ear/eye out for whatever comes next.

The silence and darkness was oppressive but Calen manged to hold his tounge at least for a little while. They didn't know what could be around each bend and surprise or at least minimising the amount of time whoever or whatever else was down here could lie in wait.

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 09, 2018, 08:00:20 PM »
Calen and Teddy: ShowHide
As the pair silently made their way into the dark tunnel they were stopped a sudden and quiet, "Sorry" from back at the entrance followed by a slam that could only be the door slamming closed. Though Calen's light was still pointed forward, he instinctually looked to Teddy and,
 though he couldn't make out the boy's face, knew he had done the same. Without a word they began making their way further through the tunnels, both wishing they could have gone back and at least tested the door but both knowing that with how much work it was to get open from above, it would be impossible from below.

As they made their way through the dark there were two sounds that were constantly, or rhythmically, sounding off through the tunnel. Behind them, the sound of dripping water despite not having run into any on their way in and ahead of them, the sound of combat.

It wasn't that long, or at the very least it didn't feel like that long before they came to the end of the tunnel. The darkness had given way to dim lighting from four identical light fixtures set around the small room, all serving to lighten the massive metal door ahead of them, the door handle wrapped with chain and lock. Behind the door, the sounds of fighting were louder now, just as the dripping had grown to something more similar to the sound of rain.

Cobe and Helena: ShowHide
The shot from Cobalt Dawn landed straight and true, striking the wave of spears and erupting into a short gravity swell, stopping the wave in its tracks before letting loose and exploding, sending the spearheads careening through the air. While some embedded themselves in the rocky wall or floor, others simply bounced and rolled across it. A brief glance down to Cobe's feet showed the spearheads were blunt at the tips.

Just as he made this realization, he noticed the lattice of spears beginning to shoot up toward him from his feet.

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 10, 2018, 04:20:03 PM »
As Helena was about to finish her roll, something made her head jerk to the sideband hit the wall, putting her entirely off-balance. She managed to regain her footing by leaning on her free hand and rapidly searched her surroundings for whatever had managed to produce such a ludicrously painful hit.

Her eyes fell on the arrow laying right beside her. The same arrow she'd just let go, pretty sure. Not really knowing what happened, she got back up without picking it off the floor, choosing to grab another from her bag - somewhat more cautiously, this time.

She mentally thanked Cobe for disrupting the wave's progression. As she nocked the new arrow and pulled Artemis' string taught, she had a second thought: after all, the previous arrow from her bag had seemingly returned in a spectacular, and mildly terrifying, fashion.

To briefly test it, she brought the string back just far enough for the arrow to bump into her target and aimed slightly to the side before letting go. If there was something funky happening with these arrows, she'd find out pretty soon.

(Arrows: 8/10 bag, 24/24 quiver
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 02:05:11 PM by nathan67003 »
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Mikelobmike

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 17, 2018, 05:56:38 PM »
Teddy tucked the light into his back pocket. One of the perks of being a faunus is that you generally have no need for them. Still, it would have been better for Calen to be able to see more adequately rather than being so damn smug about having his own light. Either way, they managed to make it to what seemed like the end of the tunnel quietly. The sound of combat tended to drown out most of the noise that they made anyway.

As much as it would have been nice to be able to get the door open quietly, there was no chance that they were going to get through both the door and the chain unnoticed. Grabbing the flashlight out of his pocket, Teddy pointed it up at his own face. Looking at Calen, he mouthed the words "Get back." and grabbed his weapon, taking aim at the door.
1st Year Beacon Student Michael Vaktar http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,589.0.html
1st Year Beacon Student Chris "The Tiger" Sebei  http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,601.0.html
1st Year Student Theodore "Teddy" Williams http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,744.0.html
3rd Year Beacon Student Justice Montenegro http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,1081.0.html

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 19, 2018, 07:05:46 AM »
'Only way out is throught.' Calen remarked grandiosely as the door slammed behind them and that quite boyish voice rang out. Inwardly Calen cursed himself for this mistake and the circumstances it put both himself and Teddy in. Going onward seemed like the only option but it was definitely not looking very healthy even if it might be the fastest way out of this mess. Purposely trying to slow down his breathing as Calen kept going forward as the dark walls felt like they gathered closer around the gaunt boy it was almost a relief when they came to the light up door even with the sounds of combat roaring behind it.

Reaching towards the door Calen looked back at Teddy just in time to see his team mate mouth his warning/request. Thinking slightly about the request Calen seemed to back off and walk towards his team mate and gave Teddy a small smile but in reality was only giving himself a run up to the door. The green glow which emanated from Calen was enhanced by the darkness as Calen threw himself at the door with his semblance, augmented further by his aura, Calen slammed hard into the door trying to rocket through into whatever lies beyond.

SonicCraftX

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    "The best apology is changed behaviour."
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 23, 2018, 05:40:27 PM »
As Cobe continued to fly, he grabbed one of the spears that flew his way. Blunt, as I expected. HE thought, before being forced to dodge a ton of blunt spears. He landed, and took cover behind one of the pillars to reload, he managed to send a text via his scroll to Helena.

If you've got a plan, now's the time to use it.
Cobe Sky - "Don't get in my way, or I'll cut you up as fast as these Grimm"
(http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,63.0.html)

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 23, 2018, 06:30:31 PM »
Helena loosed her arrow and it sailed faithfully through the air, barely missing the smug sidestepping Rainfall before curving around her back, barely missing the tree, and sailing back toward Helena once more. It changed course at the last moment before impact, curving slightly to the right and, as Helena's eyes followed it, it sailed toward the now closed door she had come through. Confusion set in for only a moment, displaced by panic as Calen rocketed through the door, sending it off its hinges, and changed straight into the arrow, its tip biting into his bicep before bouncing off of his aura.

"Well, well, well." Rainfall said in the voice that sounded everywhere at once despite how quiet it was. "Look's like the gang's all here." Her eyes flicked between the students behind her mask. The pillar the hid Cobe, Helena out in the open, Calen with one hand on his arm, nursing the pain, and Teddy still standing in the doorway. Her eyes lingered on him for a moment. "She never told me there was a faunus in the group, you know." She said in words that only reached Teddy's ears.

"So what now, hm?" She asked, now with everyone hearing the question, as she turned back to Helena. "You're going to use the power of friendship to beat me?" The vulpine grin that had been plastered on her face settled into a smug smile.

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 23, 2018, 08:49:54 PM »
Helena watched the arrow as it, like expected, turned back towards her. She was about to dodge when it suddenly bifurcated towards the door, the latter deciding to get blown off its hinges at that very moment, revealing an excessively speedy Calen. Who got nailed by the rogue projectile.

Alrighty then. That concluded this. Those arrows that had magically appeared or something had, in fact, probably magically appeared. As the there-but-not-really-if-you-think-about-it arrow impacted, she shifted her attention back to the main antagonist within the room. The aforementioned girl spoke without an identifiable source, seemingly croaking with pleasure at the fact that 80% of the team was reunited, before staring back at Helena. Like she was the leader or something. Hm.

Now, the lack of source could mean one of three things. 1) She was messing with their auditive perception 2) she was also messing with their visual perception and wasn't where she seemed to be 3) there was, in fact, only four people in this room. Provided that Calen and Teddy were real. Tossing aside the lightning quick line of thought for now, she listened to what the woman had to say before reading the message that had made her scroll vibrate.

She put the device back in its place and looked right at the mask blocking the Faunus' features. Helena smiled, a smiled so bright it could probably light up rooms, filled with all of her usual kindness and cheerfulness, barely tainted by the pervasive feeling of conviction that had followed her up until now. She happily said "Why not?"

As quickly as her trained body and her skill with bows allowed, she fetched an arrow from her quiver, nocked it, pulled the string back to its nominal maximum and let fly the weapon right towards Rainfall's left ankle, all in a single rapid, fluid movement.

(Arrows: 8/10 bag, 23/24 quiver
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Mikelobmike

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 27, 2018, 12:24:14 PM »
Teddy had quite a few things running through his mind. By the time he realized what Calen was attempting to do, it was too late to attempt to stop him from charging forward like an idiot. The door burst open with Teddy attempting to reach his hand out to stop the blur that his teammate had become. Shockingly, yet unsurprisingly, Calen almost immediately got shot with an arrow. At least there was no need to try and talk their way through things.

Teddy backed up, hiding behind the doorway in the general hope that he could remain undetected for the time being. Peeking his head around, he heard the white fang member in the room start talking directly to him. Great. Grand. The White Fang showed up. Because this mission hadn't already gone to shit.

"Why did today need to get weirder?" Teddy asked in a desperate tone. He reluctantly moved into the room, keeping his weapon fixated on the creepy girl. While it would be easy to run in guns blazing like his teammate before him, it would be wiser to not engage until more information revealed itself. Or, he was just experiencing sensory overload and freaked out a bit so as not to fire.