Author Topic: A Lunch Side Chat [HTDG]  (Read 4756 times)

Vision

• Personal Text
    The Unofficial Official Keeper of Statistics
    • View Profile
A Lunch Side Chat [HTDG]
« on: August 04, 2017, 05:52:57 PM »
Typically the student sparring matches at Beacon are run as one vs one, sometimes with the option to tag in other team mates. The one on one format is done as it's easier to instruct two combatants over eight and it takes less space so they're run indoors. However for the huntsmen and huntresses in training it is essential to practice team coordination, so there are occasional four on four matches held outdoors. After one such event several of the first year students at Beacon could be seen in the grounds slowly making their way back to indoors for lunch. 

One of the first to arrive in the hall was Diana. Duels between student always made her a bit uncomfortable so she had left as soon as their fight was over, whilst most everyone else stayed to watch the other teams fight. Walking with a slight limp she examined the food laid out on the table, piles of bacon, toast, doughnuts, even whole cream pies. However not one with much appetite she simply grabbed an apple and headed over to a table, figuring the others would join her when they got in.

The fight against team Brandy (BRND) had been rough. It started off well enough, the boys were kicking all kinds of ass and she had been able to block off their ranged opponents with some ice. But it left her too distracted to notice that Nyx girl pop out of nowhere, it earned Diana a sprained ankle and it would have been a lot worse had Janna not saved her.

Sitting cross-legged in her chair and absentmindedly rubbing her sore ankle she stoped the play-by-play of the fight in her mind and looked around the hall to see if any of the others had made it in yet

First off if anyone would like to change the setup, by all means, let me know and ill do it. Haven't really setup a thread for a team before, and since it's just for the team to chat I don't think we need to bring in any NPCs.

Also Didn't mean for this to be Diana centric just telling the setup from her perspective, if we want to discuss some strategy it might be good for each of you to include how they perceived the fight.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 06:00:54 PM by Vision »

Diana Levone - Beacon First year - Leader and Medic of team Digital (DGTL)
[color= #839CA5]""[/ color]
Bastet Nin - Haven First year - Blinking Glaive Skirmisher of team Rewind (RWND)
[color= #F2B233]""[/ color]

Flooberoid

• Personal Text
    Who, memu?
    • View Profile
Re: A Lunch Side Chat [HTDG]
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 11:38:03 PM »
Hagane headed to the dining hall as soon as he was done taking stock of the resources he had used on the previous fight. Besides a little bit of steel used to reinforce his blade and some ice dust, he hadn't used much. The fight could have been won with ease had he made use of more, but Hagane had no desire to seriously injure his fellow students.

Taking naught more than a slice of toast and bacon, Hagane swiftly made his way to where Diana was seated. "Ah, hello Diana. How is your ankle?" he asked, noticing her rubbing the injury. "I apologize for my lack of foresight... a leader should always be aware of his surroundings and his team." He closed his eyes, looked down and frowned before calmly reaching for a butter knife. With his semblance, he was able to liquefy the hardened butter with ease and then solidify it again along the surface of his toast with one clean stroke.
1st Year Beacon Students: ShowHide
Hagane Inaba- Can melt steel beams. Leader of team HTDG
Mint Fresch- A chipper gale.
Persimmon Burhan- A douche.
Carnation Prescott- Get it, CAREa? Sorry.
Lissa Lime- Beacon's spinning top
Jacob Stillwater- Nailed it

Literally everyone else: ShowHide
Patchouli Breschi- First year at Shade. Don't let her penetrate you.
Diamante Solar- Third Year at Beacon. Feel the Light of the Holy Noodle!
Dannum Sohrab- Professor of practical combat skills at Shade. Or at least that's his excuse to blow things up.
Crystal Evermore- Aura professor at Beacon Academy.

Now introducing my AMCA, complete with apathy!

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    (´・ω・`) | I feel down the stairs and ravioli on me
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 07:44:15 AM »
Janna comes in a bit late, as she has had to take off her armor. She was tired after that match, for sure, but it was also a valuable learning experience for the entire team. All of them needed to learn to work better as a team and watch each others' backs more. She felt most upset that she couldn't keep Diana from getting hit, something that should've been her entire job on the field, essentially. Still, she was pleased with her teammates' skills out there. She firmly believed that their opponents just happened to be better organized than them.

And so, she made her way into the cafeteria, dressed in a pair of denim shorts, cropped tank top and sandals, stretching her arms out above her head, glad to be out of her armor. Even if she was used to it, letting her skin breathe was much preferred.

Unlike her teammates, Janna decided to get a hefty meal - the girl had to keep up her strength! Lots of bacon, several slices of toast, a salad and slice of pie. She had plans to go to the gym later today, so she didn't feel guilty about all the fatty foods. The shield maiden spotted her teammates, waving to them as she headed over with her tray.

"Yo, Diana, Hagane," she greeted her comrades as she took her seat, "sorry about not taking that Nyx chick out sooner, Dee. Is your ankle alright?"

Razzmatazz Gele - 2nd Year warrior of happiness of Team ____. "Oh, I also like ____! Let's be friends!"

Janna Tarmac - 1st Year tank lady of Team DGTL. "Our job is to protect the innocent, and that's what I do."

Reginald Royale - 1st year snotty brat of team RBLS. "I'm telling father about this!"

Rufus Chocla - 2nd year freestyle rapper of team APRC. "Rap comes from the Soul, don't mess with the Flow, if you can't take no more, don't wait for Encore!"

Anza Burgundy - 1st Year archer of team CRSA. "War eagle, feller!"

Silica Methiviola - Assistant to the Royale Family/Reginald. "Suck my metaphorical dick, nerd."

Coconut Cream - 1st Year pervert of team CASA. "B-before we fight could you just like... nyah once for me?"

Tiber Rostrum - 1st year Bea(k)on student. "*Unintelligible, birdlike gibberish*"

My good ole AMA

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    Infinite ADHD Asperger's physicist monkeys
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2017, 10:22:22 AM »
Damn, that fight had been bad in the end. Things had started off great, but somewhere between the start and the end, Brock had more or less lost sight of what wasn't in front of him as he attempted to make the opponent eat his hammer - which he had succeeded in doing, but left the team vulnerable because of it. Ugh, he still had lots to learn.

But now was the time for food. Beautiful, glorious food. Taking three large plates, he succeeded in filling them with a varied mix of meat, vegetables and various cereals, such as rice and couscous. Proud of himself for managing to fill them so much, he took a quick glance at the tables before spotting his team, then hauled his load over to them, taking a seat besides them.

Choosing to not interrupt the ongoing conversation, he started eating, taking a large amount of steamed carrots in the first bite.
Characters: ShowHide
Nathan Eau, De Facto Jetpack Guy and Leader of Team INKK
Camelia Sol, Miss Magnetic Personality and Leader of Team CAST
Anna Fall, Insightful Visionary of Team ASTC
Brock Greenwood, Human Titan of Team DGTL
Helena Chlophyll, Ray of Sunshine of Team CHES
Scarlett/Corinth,Korynn,etc. Briggart/Topaz (In the works)
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Maena Nadir, Coherent Beam of Team SSMR
Europa/Encela(dus)/Io/Callisto/Calypso (In the works)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"Some goddamn bullshit, Invictus Omega"
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"I swear it's not my fault"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Vision

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2017, 06:49:09 PM »
Looking around she finally spotted Hagane approaching and gave him a little wave. She quickly tried to reassure him once he asked about her injury "It's nothing really, just stings a bit, but don't worry about it". Seeing him frown and look away she let go of her foot and responded in a more serious tone."Hagane.. Leaders aren't omniscient, we had no way to know she could move around like that. I mean we fought her and I still don't get what her semblance does. Anyway Janna got to me before anything really happened, I'll get an ice pack from the infirmary and this will heal within a few hours."

Her voice trailed off towards the end as she seemed to get an idea, deciding on it she pulled off her boot and sock. Reaching into her pouch she pulled out a dust round and started to unscrew it, when opened she poured a few small crystals into her sock which she then folded and using the round casing as a pestle she crushed a crystal, causing her sock to freeze solid. "There, dust powered ice pack" she said looking rather pleased with herself.

"Hiya Janna, yeah it'll be fine in a few hours, I've even made myself an ice pack. No real harm done thanks to you!" she tried her best to seem nonchalant about it as she really didn't want her to feel worried or be upset, and she felt the need to seem a bit more hardcore like Janna to deserve being called 'Dee' (admittedly she usually failed miserably at this).

As Brock joined them Diana could do nothing but marvel at the amount of food he had brought, for lunch he had three plates each of which could easily feed her for an entire day, though hardly surprising seeing as he was over three times her weight and a foot and a half taller.

Bastet Nin - Haven First year - Blinking Glaive Skirmisher of team Rewind (RWND)

Flooberoid

• Personal Text
    Who, memu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2017, 08:23:29 PM »
Hagane shrugged. "Regardless, we must plan more appropriately to protect our members. Janna, you were quick to act in the moment but we need to start planning in advance. Our formation was sloppy and our coordination sloppier." Already starting to brainstorm, Hagane realized it was not difficult to grasp the strengths of their team, especially after seeing them fight in the forest. For Brock, his heavy hammer and strong individual blows; for Janna, her impenetrable defense of armor and shields that could protect not just her but also her comrades; for himself, his keen eye and talent for adapting to his opponents. Unfortunately, not having seen her fight in the forest Diana was an unknown element for him, and even after this battle he found it hard to plan for her safety and effectiveness in combat. Regardless, it was not something to talk about over lunch. Despite the mishap with Nyx, team HTDG was still declared decisively the winner of the sparring match; they should celebrate with a pleasant meal for now.

With a look at Brock and Janna's meals, Hagane remarked, "Well, I suppose we are team Hotdog for a reason. Meaty meals for a meaty team."

Dannum Sohrab- Professor of practical combat skills at Shade. Or at least that's his excuse to blow things up.

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2017, 04:33:07 AM »
Janna greeted Brock with a short wave, a slice of bacon in her mouth. She nodded at Hagane's assessment. "Right. We got lucky. If we face those guys again, I'm afraid that we'd lose with the way we fight now." She then took a bite out of her toast.

"But, hey, we won this time. That's pretty damn good, I would say. I don't think that fox guy will even be able to walk after that hit you got on him, Brock." She smirked slightly, downing some OJ along with her meal. The team's strength so far seemed to lie in their composition. If they worked together better, they could be unstoppable - with herself blocking damage with her shields, Brock and Hagane at the front lines doing damage, and Diana supporting the guys from behind, they could likely beat most other first year teams at Beacon. Still, a flanking enemy could destroy them as they were now. While she didn't really want to think about this stuff as she ate, she couldn't really help it. They had to get better - it's what they were here for.
Razzmatazz Gele - 2nd Year warrior of happiness of Team ____. "Oh, I also like ____! Let's be friends!"

Janna Tarmac - 1st Year tank lady of Team DGTL. "Our job is to protect the innocent, and that's what I do."

Reginald Royale - 1st year snotty brat of team RBLS. "I'm telling father about this!"

Rufus Chocla - 2nd year freestyle rapper of team APRC. "Rap comes from the Soul, don't mess with the Flow, if you can't take no more, don't wait for Encore!"

Silica Methiviola - Assistant to the Royale Family/Reginald. "Suck my metaphorical dick, nerd."

Coconut Cream - 1st Year pervert of team CASA. "B-before we fight could you just like... nyah once for me?"

Tiber Rostrum - 1st year Bea(k)on student. "*Unintelligible, birdlike gibberish*"

My good ole AMA

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2017, 04:00:20 PM »
Brock nearly had the opportunity to experience the feeling of mashed potatoes coming out of his nose when Hagane commented on some members' carnivorous tendencies. After catching his breath, swallowing his food and making sure he wasn't going to choke, he said to Hagane with a slightly stuffed voice "Hey, we need our protein."

He nodded at Janna's (and, in retrospect, Hagane's) affirmation(s) of the need for better teamwork and general coordination, taking a bite out of the quintuple cheeseburger his left hand was currently holding. He then proceeded to defend himself from nearly killing one of the opponents, as Janna had put - in a nicer fashion, though. "Hey, I didn't know the guy had a weak Aura. Plus, he almost threw himself in front of me when I was still charging forward. I had a reflex and next thing I knew, he was flyin'."

And next, a bit of french toast. Nom.
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Vision

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2017, 03:51:40 AM »
Spoiler: ShowHide
Really sorry for the delay, suddenly a lot of extra patients so I've had to take on several extra shifts and have just been exhausted after that.

Sinking a bit into the bench Diana got rather quiet as the conversation turned to the fight and their strategies, she pretended to adjust the ice pack just to avoid eye contact. She couldn't shake the feeling that she was the weak link, if the others had gotten a stronger fighter than her this would have been easy. Nibbling on her apple she got a bit annoyed with herself, she might not be the strongest fighter but that doesn't make her useless, admittedly she was at a combat academy so maybe it did.

Sighing to herself she finally spoke up "Well. I'm not sure that these fights matter much, I mean we're here to fight grimm right? Not people, I don't think they're as strategic."

Flooberoid

• Personal Text
    Who, memu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2017, 03:54:39 PM »
"I hope you're right that we'll never have to fight people," Hagane addressed Diana, "but we would be better off being prepared for anything. We cannot assume that Grimm will always act the way we expect them to, or that we always know their numbers. We have to be ready." Hagane took any injury to his team very personally, and would surely resign from leadership if any of them were severely injured or killed on his watch. A true leader must take every fault in his squad upon himself and gracefully work to overcome them. In his mind, failure is not an option and no fate is inevitable with proper planning and preparation... all of which fell onto his shoulders.

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2017, 11:51:28 AM »
"Huntsmen have to deal with people, too. There are criminals out there that regular police can't deal with on their own." Janna said between bites. "It might not be pleasant, but it is something we all need to prepare for either way."

My good ole AMA

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2017, 04:03:55 PM »
Brock took the time to finish chewing and swallowed before picking up a large chocolate muffin and saying, whilst nodding, "Agreed. People are definitely something you have to contend with. Some make the best strategies, like the oldest Grimm around would. Not only that, but outer villages and such outside a Kingdom's sphere of influence can fall prey to roaming bandits.

And that's without counting what the Wild Fang's been up to more recently.
", he finished with a lower tone. He took a slightly frustrated bite out of the muffin, nearly leaving it in half.
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Vision

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2017, 11:19:48 AM »
"You guys are right.. I just don't like fighting people, I mean students here at Beacon have gotten seriously hurt just training." At Brock's words of the white fang and bandits she put down her practically untouched apple and responded, though her voice had become just a taf more monotone. "I'm sorry, Ill get over it. We should have a strategy for any opponent"

Flooberoid

• Personal Text
    Who, memu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2018, 07:35:51 PM »
"Well, lucky for us, our forte seems to be in our versatility. I may have an idea that can allow us to adapt our formation to match the opponent." The gears in Hagane's head were now turning at full efficiency, and the team were in for quite the rundown. "The way I see it, we should start together, back to back, and then fan out in pairs once I call out groupings. Never go solo unless I specifically say so. Brock is an offensive powerhouse. Janna is a defensive wall. And I, with my natural agility and ability to deflect strikes with Ichimonji, can do a little bit of both. This means that Brock should always be forward, Diana should always be back, and the only remaining factor is who Janna and I decide to go with. We're more offensively oriented if I go forward with Brock and leave Janna to protect Diana, and if I stay behind with Diana we're more defensive since the front line will push the enemy back." Realizing he had only so far talked about Diana in terms of who was going to protect her, Hagane suddenly wondered how the girl would take that. He decided to take a shot in the dark about her talents, hoping he could find a role for her that wouldn't offend too much. "Um, Diana, during the sparring match today, I saw you using several different types of Dust. I'm willing to bet you're a support-type marksman, and I can probably trust you to keep a keen eye on the battlefield. Cut off enemy escape routes, interrupt attacks coming our way, cover our front line's retreat if need be. Ultimately, I may count on your eyes to call the shots in my stead if I decide to engage. Can you do that?"

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2018, 10:09:57 AM »
"I can also act as a distraction if needed and soak up some damage on the front lines. It'd only work for as long as they'd be willing to hit me specifically, though." Janna suggested and took another sip of her juice. "Brock's a hard hitter, but he ain't the fastest guy in the world. We might make a good combo for one solid hit, but we wouldn't be much use against faster opponents.

Janna set her cup down and placed a hand on her chin, leaning back in her seat. "I'm entirely close range, too. If I'm sticking in the back, I'd be pure support. Could help you guys out with my semblence, though."

My good ole AMA