Author Topic: Vytal Festival and Tournament Discussion  (Read 8869 times)

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    Forgive me for what I must yabba dabba do
    • View Profile
Vytal Festival and Tournament Discussion
« on: September 11, 2016, 09:17:34 PM »
Ask/discuss/suggest anything about the festival and the tourney here.
Atlas: ShowHide
Mercenary: Kol Augur ~ The Judicator of Atlas
Speaking: #5C5054 Thinking: #EAC117

Mistral: ShowHide
Huntress-in-Training: Aca Roth ~ Member of Team RWND
Speaking: #E05260 Thinking: #EA857F
Huntress-in-Training: Brook Pallas ~ Member of Team CNBR
Speaking: #4863A0 Thinking: #98AFC7
Council Member: Phaedo Katsaros ~ Figurehead for Faunus/Human relations
Speaking: #667C26 Thinking: #B6CC76

Vacuo: ShowHide
40th Vytal Tournament Champion: Zabar Aga ~ Member of Team DAWN
Speaking: #CD7F32 Thinking: #EE9A4D

Vale: ShowHide
Huntress: Malina Nahualli-Roth ~ Leader of Team MCCA
Speaking: #993A64 Thinking: #8B0C44
Beacon Professor: Titania Printemps ~ Assistant Headmistress of Beacon Academy
Speaking: #4AA02C Thinking: #E55B3C
Drop-out: Durian Ghede ~ Former leader of team DFDL
Speaking: #E1BD27 Thinking: #AF8B00

Uncouth T-Rex

• Personal Text
    Unofficial Forum Dad
    • View Profile
Re: Vytal Festival and Tournament Discussion
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 07:16:35 PM »
If there's an opening ceremony, since it's totally in character, would it be alright if I orchestrate a Cheri Chanson performance?

Also, a Grimm Omen "halftime show" would be pretty amusing, but less likely in character and less permissible socially.
Seek Justice, Love Mercy, and walk humbly with your God.

Character List:
Spoiler: ShowHide
Marlon Murk-Leader of Team MRKD (Marked) "The power of the night, the press of the storm, The post of the foe; Where he stands, the Arch Fear in a visible form, Yet the strong man must go..."-Prospice, Robert Browning

Cheri Chanson-Team AFMC (Afirmacion) “The people who were trying to make this world worse are not taking the day off. Why should I?” -Bob Marley

Jack Pettibone-Leader of Team JCRA (Jackrabbit) "In my body, where the shame gland should be, there is a second awesome gland. True story."-Barney Stinson

Cherry Chainsaw "Wake up, I'm a bullet loosed Into the heart of a wretched age, I breathe just to beat and bruise, an evolution of the burnin' rage!"-Miracle of Sound, Hell to Pay

Professor Siobhan Clannad-Personal Finance and Home Economics Professor at Beacon Academy "We can do no great things, only small things with great love."-Unknown, often attributed to Saint Teresa of Calcutta

Professor Feltch Hatterly Criminal and International Law Professor at Beacon Academy "Art, like morality, consists of drawing the line somewhere."-G.K. Chesterton

Professor Scarlet Vandal Weapons Engineering and Design Professor at Beacon Academy "Perfection has one grave defect: It is apt to be dull."-W. Somerset Maugham

Character AMA here, Personal AMA here, Character/Plot Timeline here, Descent into Madness here

If you ever need writing advice, be it for a post, a plot, or a character, don't hesitate to ask, I'm happy to help! PM me if you need someone to DM Grimm or NPCs, or need my Professors in your threads, though my ability to help with that depends on my free time!

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2016, 08:36:04 PM »
A half time show isn't really possible since the tourney will take place over the course of the entire festival. The opening ceremony will likely be more a social thread where all of the combatants interact with each other and get to know each other, try to psych each other out, that sort of thing. It's possible for non-combatants to join, but there could certainly be a musical performance.

Uncouth T-Rex

• Personal Text
    Unofficial Forum Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2016, 09:13:51 PM »
Yeah, I figured a half-time show wouldn't make much sense, given the nature of the event. But since a musical performance is possible, if it occurs, I CALL DIBS.

Character List:
Marlon Murk-Leader of Team MRKD (Marked) "The power of the night, the press of the storm, The post of the foe; Where he stands, the Arch Fear in a visible form, Yet the strong man must go..."-Prospice, Robert Browning

Cheri Chanson-Team AFMC (Afirmacion) “The people who were trying to make this world worse are not taking the day off. Why should I?” -Bob Marley

Jack Pettibone-Leader of Team JCRA (Jackrabbit) "In my body, where the shame gland should be, there is a second awesome gland. True story."-Barney Stinson

Cherry Chainsaw "Wake up, I'm a bullet loosed Into the heart of a wretched age, I breathe just to beat and bruise, an evolution of the burnin' rage!"-Miracle of Sound, Hell to Pay

Professor Siobhan Clannad-Personal Finance and Home Economics Professor at Beacon Academy "We can do no great things, only small things with great love."-Unknown, often attributed to Saint Teresa of Calcutta

Professor Feltch Hatterly Criminal and International Law Professor at Beacon Academy "Art, like morality, consists of drawing the line somewhere."-G.K. Chesterton

Professor Scarlet Vandal Weapons Engineering and Design Professor at Beacon Academy "Perfection has one grave defect: It is apt to be dull."-W. Somerset Maugham

Character AMA here, Personal AMA here, Character/Plot Timeline here, Descent into Madness here

If you ever need writing advice, be it for a post, a plot, or a character, don't hesitate to ask, I'm happy to help! PM me if you need someone to DM Grimm or NPCs, or need my Professors in your threads, though my ability to help with that depends on my free time!

Asterisk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2016, 09:27:05 PM »
Then I call dibs on the food-making.

Uncouth T-Rex

• Personal Text
    Unofficial Forum Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2016, 10:26:35 PM »
Also DJ Snowflower could totes magotes (I'M SO SORRY MYTHIC I HAD TO SAY THE WORDS) just perform with Cheri, it's already canon that she's done a remix of Apogee.

Character List:

Asterisk

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2016, 10:27:22 PM »
Ooh, sure! And it's Asterisk.

Uncouth T-Rex

• Personal Text
    Unofficial Forum Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2016, 10:54:39 PM »
Oh derp, somehow got that confused.

Character List:

LuckyStar

• Personal Text
    Licky Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2016, 12:36:42 AM »
But like any opening ceremony... sadly... There has to be an opening speech by someone, most likely a guest of honor or someone that has been in the Tournament before like a Beacon Graduate.

Also I call dibs on any light show or light effects. I have Uken's butterflies to do that
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 12:39:46 AM by LuckyStar »
I luv my CC: ShowHide
 2nd Year Roaring Tiger Cidrine Laohu

2nd Year Flower Mechanic Sakura Lunciar - Proudly HRMS

3rd Year Aurora Beats Aurelia Hestia

3rd Year Demon Cat Kelly Green - Proudly DVGS(hopefully0

4th Year Butterfly Samurai Uken Takeda -

Fisherman, Florist, Sniper Thurn Gassenwald - "I'm hooked on a feeling!"

Hunter, Doctor, Lawyer, Goddess of Victory Nike Fortunato -"Please stop calling me the Goddess of Victory..."

JupiterMoony

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    Foxes are cute okay?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2016, 01:01:50 AM »
Say can I do the emcee, I got this character coming up and I think it would fit the role nicely
Drab Sage Verdigis - With her, solid fireballs are a thing - Deep Frying HTDG

Leaf Swiftwind - You can't outround an F1 race car, can you? - The really speedy one of CLYS

Venus Magnus - The Voice On Air, the whisper in public

Haley Rich Viola What happens when an aristocrat meets rock

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2016, 01:20:58 AM »
The announcers and all that is gonna be staff played.

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    There's no accounting for dumbass
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2016, 01:53:06 AM »
I was actually just about to ask about that. Does announcers include a commentary team?
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2016, 02:41:46 AM »
Like commentary during the fight?

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    There's no accounting for dumbass
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2016, 04:13:39 AM »
Yeah. Like Port and Oobleck did.
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

JupiterMoony

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    Foxes are cute okay?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2016, 04:46:17 AM »
Like commentary during the fight?
Yeah. Like Port and Oobleck did.
That was somewhere along the lines about what I was thinking
Drab Sage Verdigis - With her, solid fireballs are a thing - Deep Frying HTDG

Leaf Swiftwind - You can't outround an F1 race car, can you? - The really speedy one of CLYS

Venus Magnus - The Voice On Air, the whisper in public

Haley Rich Viola What happens when an aristocrat meets rock