Author Topic: The Lonely Road [Shard INC] [Closed]  (Read 23998 times)

ecksdeeeXD

• View Profile
Re: The Lonely Road [Shard INC] [Closed]
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2017, 05:32:41 PM »
(Hey! Sorry! I didn't know I was up :< I've been pretty busy too so apologies! I'll post tonight! ^w^)
Zora Akash - The Sunset Scholar - First Year - Team PENDING

Elidyr Vulcan - The Copper Creator - Fourth Year - Team PENDING

Running Brook Sienna - The Purple Pugilist - Fourth Year - Team PENDING

Ashelynne Campbell - The Sapphire Sleeper - First Year - Team PENDING

ecksdeeeXD

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2017, 02:37:16 PM »
(Dee is a terrible person who did not post for a week and feels great shame :<)

"I prefer the more gentle motherly motivation, but to each her own." Brook replied as the fight started to get real. Hearing Juno bark orders on her comms, Brook had to speak up. "Juno, i'm in charge here, remember?" She said, hoping the rest of the team was listening while she slammed her staff against a beowolf's neck, extending the blades to chop off another's leg before ending it with a stab to the back, keeping more at bay with the flamethrower function. "Not a bad idea but not the best. Grimm don't go for material things. Set a firing line around each other. At least four men, " She paused, ducking under a claw swipe, reeling back before giving an uppercut that crushed  a beowolf's chest, pushing it back, "in a circle. Then move towards the center into one group! Revya, help out Michael!"

Mikelobmike

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2017, 11:08:48 PM »
Michael charged forward, the sound of beowolves smacking against the front of his shield hitting a nice rhythm as he went. Slowing down and digging the spike on his shield into the ground, Michael pointed his arm toward the mass of beowolves behind him and unleashed a torrent of fire dust, suddenly lighting up the dark area. "I'm starting to think this whole 'setting up a massive perimeter' plan may have a few holes in it!" he said, hoping the humor would distract from the fact that he was not in a good position and getting encircled quickly. It did not.
1st Year Beacon Student Michael Vaktar http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,589.0.html
1st Year Beacon Student Chris "The Tiger" Sebei  http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,601.0.html
1st Year Student Theodore "Teddy" Williams http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,744.0.html
3rd Year Beacon Student Justice Montenegro http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,1081.0.html

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    There's no accounting for dumbass
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2017, 09:25:28 PM »
The first Beowolf to leap at Revya was met with a blade through it's throat. However as Revya moved his blade back to remove the beast another leaping strike connected and sent Revya sprawling from his bike and to the ground. Fortunately right at Michael's feet meaning he had technically done what he was told.
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

Zwei Not

• "Better than Krillin"

• Personal Text
    The man your man could post like
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2017, 02:08:38 PM »
Juno cringed as Brooke snapped back at him, rolling his eyes as he gunned down a second Beowolf. Taking a moment to glance over at Phi, who had somehow managed to keep a relaxed sitting posture on his shoulder, Juno covered his mic and barked back toward the soldiers around him. "You heard the lady, focus your defenses on each other. Focus down targets for the kill." he advised before releasing his mic and returning to the task at hand, only to get tackled by one of the aforementioned wolves, knocking him to the ground and forcing him to lose his grip on his gun. Juno had few options as the wolf leapt into the air, descending down on him as the young man constructed a disk beneath his left hand... Only for the wolf to decide to pin Juno's arm into the ground and roar in his face, it's rancid breath and spittle prompting Juno to turn his head.

Juno was well aware of his predicament, glaring up at the beast out of the side of his eye as it reared back one of it's powerful clawed hands. Seeing this action, Juno let out an agitated sigh, almost as if he was resigning to his fate... Only for his purple aura to flare, it's presence enveloping him as the claws came down. Juno was struck in the stomach, but the pain was muted, and the young man showed no reaction, save for ramming his head into the beast's skull, prompting it to howl in pain and release him. With this opportunity, Juno rolled back and got to his feet, bringing both hands to his right hip, his left closed in a fist and his right open. As the enraged wolf charged, a cluster of green hexagonal constructs began to form around Juno's hands, forming a hilt where his fist and palm met. When the wolf leapt, Juno swung, the blade of his construct broadsword materializing as his hands separated, cleaving the wolf in half.

With his immediate foe dispatched, Juno glanced back at the soldiers and strode toward his gun, well aware that there was more fighting to be done.
Juno Varia: The Street Punk

Juno Vert: 1st year student of Beacon, Armored leader of Team VCVS

Phi: #007ba7

Nebu Nekhbet: DUAT unit 01: Desegnation RA

Nebu/Rho: #FFD700

Austin Vartra: TBA

Glow

• Personal Text
    Ayo
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2017, 08:14:49 PM »
Following the huntress as she smashed through the nearby Grimm with her staff, Willow took his own pot-shots at any trying to crawl up behind the pair, the bark of his revolver ringing out. "Well, lady, you seem to-" The mercenary paused, jumping back from a too close-for-comfort claw swipe. Cursing quietly, he let out a breath he wasn't aware he was holding as the offending foe was quickly set alight by some mechanism in Brook's weapon. "...have an idea of what to do, so lead the way." He finished, taking the short pause in conflict to reload the chamber of his sidearm. It looked like they'd made a small pathway to the rest, but beowolves were still jumping out of the undergrowth with vigor.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shying away from the swathe of flames, Reyva's rough landing was covered for by Michael as the nearby beasts backed up, growling and slowly trying to surround the two hunters-in-training. They watched the pair intently, waiting for a sudden movement for the fight to re-ignite.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Alright, alright! Calm down, hotshot." A gruff voice replied, the soldier in question and the others joining up and taking the route that would likely have the highest chance of survival; following the person trained specifically in killing the current enemy. Assault rifles letting out brief streams of bullets at the monsters trying to nip at the heels of Juno while he was already fighting an enemy, they slowly moved up behind him as the group tried to reform.

"Few holes? Only thing that needs holes here are these Grimm!" Another replied to Michael, a tint of amusement marring his voice despite their current situation. The group had fought Grimm before; it was an occupational hazard in their line of work, just not one that they particularly favoured. There was a reason that people went through five or so years of training before being officially recognised, after all.

The wave of Grimm seemed neverending at first, but on closer look there were less appearing; it was just the number of them already in the camp making it difficult to see how many new ones were stepping up to the challenge. Behind the latest group, two larger wolves with far more spine-like growths on their backs walked into the camp, nipping at each other with short growls before turning to face the fight itself, heading towards the foes up ahead.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 08:16:59 PM by Glow »
Lynn Aubin, Module-003 'Reaper' of Quartz Industries

Peperian Emem, Legend of Beacon, The God. MEME

ecksdeeeXD

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2017, 02:47:57 AM »
Brook looked around and cleared the area around her, letting her staff slide down through her fingers so she could grip the end of it, as awkward as it was to hold the mace part of her weapon. Holding on tightly, she spun the entire length over her head in a wide swooping arc, clobbering grimm to give herself some breathing room. "I'm a huntress," She replied to her impromptu partner letting him lead the way back closer to the group as she walked backwards, holding her staff close to her body to use it like a flame thrower, spraying fire in a long slow back and forth motion in front of her to burn up the grass as well as any grimm hiding in it. "That's what I'm supposed to do. How are your men doing?" She asked him, glancing at her own team to check on them.

Michael and Revya seemed to be doing ok, for the most part. "Michael, defense. Revya, offense." She said into her comms as she made her way back to the other soldiers along with Willow. "Work together. Block left, slash right." Brook instructed, hoping the two would work well in tandem now that Revya didn't have the bike.

"Dammit!" She cursed under her breath seeing the two alphas show up. Ducking under a claw and spinning to knock the wind (and the ribs) out of a beowolf, she hopped back to stand side by side with Willow. "Get a group of men protected. Have them in the center by the truck and have them give me fire support on the grimm I'm not fighting." She said, putting her finger to her earpiece yet again. "Alpha beowolves. Work your way towards them and help me when you get there." She said, looking out at the sea of grass dotted with wolves, jogging over to Juno. Standing her staff on the ground, the two wing blades on the bottom folded out, she put her heel by the base of the blade that wasn't sharp, extending her hand to him while she aimed the barrel of her staff down into the ground to hopefully propel them towards the two alpha beowolves. "C'mon, I'll give you a lift."

Mikelobmike

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2017, 10:46:03 PM »
Michael stumbled a bit as Revya came to a stop at his feet. After a quick scan of the horde around them, he slammed his shield into the ground on the other side of Revya, covering him as he got back up. Using the implanted shield to flip the lever on his gauntlet, he blindly started firing ice dust in a circle around the duo. "Gotcha covered. Do some damage." Michael said quickly, continuing his torrent of ice.
1st Year Beacon Student Michael Vaktar http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,589.0.html
1st Year Beacon Student Chris "The Tiger" Sebei  http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,601.0.html
1st Year Student Theodore "Teddy" Williams http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,744.0.html
3rd Year Beacon Student Justice Montenegro http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,1081.0.html

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2017, 11:59:30 PM »
Revya responded with a simple nod to Michael before the ice started flying. Crap. I can't cut up the grimm without risking getting hit by my own side. Oh well. Plan B [/b] With that thought in mind Revya raised his sword above his head before reversing his grip so that the blade ran down his back in between his mechanical wings. The wings then clung to the sword and as Revya pulled it away the handle of the blade extended forming a scythe. Instead of swinging the scythe however Revya rammed it into the ground and begun pulling the trigger sending out blasts of kinetic dust into the ground sending shrapnel flying out towards the Grimm.
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

Zwei Not

• "Better than Krillin"

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2017, 10:09:12 PM »
Juno was quick to grab his rifle as the alphas crashed through the underbrush, his rifle trained on the larger beasts as he opened fire. He was well aware that his foe was far more intelligent and powerful than a standard beowolf, and was therefore a threat that should not be taken lightly. Juno's watchful eyes scanned over the alpha beowolves, anticipating their movements as he flicked his wrist, a single disk materializing underneath his hand. Had Brook not launched herself next to him, Juno would have thrown the disk as a test shot, in order to determine how thick the creature's natural armor was. Of course, this was not the case, and he let the weapon disappear into non-existence. Taking a moment to consider her offer, Juno cracked his knuckles, nodding as a green hardlight gauntlet took shape over his arm. After holstering the rifle, the young man nodded, gripping her arm and staring down one of the alphas. "Throw a fastball. At the very least, it should knock it on its ass."

Glow

• Personal Text
    Ayo
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2017, 02:34:42 PM »
"They'll be alright. Been 'n worse situations than this'n." The gruff voice replied, listening to the radio chatter as he let the people who were hired for this do their jobs. Better to save the ammo if they needed it rather than fire a few meaningless shots now. Watching as the nearby beowolves backed off from the flames or were burnt away, he barked through Brook's command to the rest of the men into the comms, before firing another quick volley of shots to cover the woman as she made her way towards the larger Grimm. "Ain't paid enough for this shit..."

The shield blocking a few snapping jaws as some of the less experienced Grimm tried to take advantage of Reyva's downed state, the following blast of ice dust from the tall hunter froze the unlucky monsters up close and forced the others to back off as more were shot down by the icicles and rocks launched by the kinetic attack. A few more tried to break the line, but kept being pushed back by the combined defense, and eventually they backed off to the edges of the confrontation.

Growling and flinching as a volley of bullets hit its armoured back, the two alphas quickly stopped their fighting, jumping to the side and glaring at the origin of the shots. They had a covering of bones going down each of their legs, ending in elongated claws, and a number of spikes mirrored on each side of their spines, though some of the bullets had inflicted light wounds to the side of one where the spikes hadn't covered. Showing more cooperation than most of the other beowolves' mindless leaping, the two rejoined, prowling next to each other in a way that it was almost hard to tell which inky black body part belonged to which.
Lynn Aubin, Module-003 'Reaper' of Quartz Industries

Peperian Emem, Legend of Beacon, The God. MEME

ecksdeeeXD

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2017, 06:52:11 PM »
Brook nodded at Juno's suggestion, tilting her staff towards the two beasts, shifting the tip into jet form, charging up the shot with a low hum that reverberated along the shaft into her and Juno's hands. Waiting for him to step on the dull part of her staff's blade, she watched as Willow fired a volley at the grimm, noting how tough their hide was. At least they could scratch it with bullets but it seemed something heftier would be needed for this job. "Hold on tight and get off when we get close.
 Can't swing this thing if you're standing on it."
She chuckled, reaching over with her foot to tap at his heel, putting it closer to the shaft and away from the bladed edge of the eagle's wing. "Hope you can put weight on that hardlight cause that armor's thick. Watch each other's back, ok? We take em one at a time. Don't split our effort" She nodded at him, finger on the trigger before depressing the button.

SHOOM Brook's staff shook the earth as she and Juno took off, her grip steady on the weapon. Not too tight. Not too loose. Sailing through the air, Brook took note of the battlefield from a bird's eye view. Looks like they were doing a decent job so far. Better not jinx it She thought to herself, rapping a finger against a little wooden bracelet she wore. That counted as knocking on wood, right? Flying through the air, she adjusted their trajectory downwards, gaining speedas they approached the alpha beowolves. "Aim high, Juno! She yelled at him over the wind rushing passed their ears as she shook him off midflight, trusting him to land properly after striking. Falling to the ground flat on two feet, cracking soil and sending clumps up into a spray around her ankles, she used her momentum and swung the weighted end of her staff, hoping to break through the Beowolf's armor at the kneef joint, or at the very least, cripple it for now.

Mikelobmike

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2017, 11:40:10 AM »
Once the horde of beowolves started to back away from the two of them, Michael eased up on his barrage of ice. He pulled his shield from the ground and stood on his guard. "So, I'm figuring you can do a lot more damage than I can,
 so if you don't mind taking point. I'll watch your back."
he said, adjusting the grip on his shield.

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2017, 03:20:10 AM »
Revya gave Michael a nod before re-angling his weapon behind him and pulling the trigger firing himself forward towards the retreating beowolve's firing repeatedly and twisting his scythe around to cut them to ribbons if they got too close.

Zwei Not

• "Better than Krillin"

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2017, 08:39:25 PM »
Juno held on for dear life as he was rocketed into the air, only to be quickly thrown down by Brooke. Had they not planned for this, he would have found himself flat on his ass, and in perfect condition to be served to the beowolves. However, since this was not the case, Juno reangled himself, reared his fist back, and closed his eyes, taking a deep breath as his aura flared about him. With his semblance up, he was immobile for a full second, but that wasn't a concern with his trajectory or time of landing. His second of vulnerability passed, and gravity left him just above one of the Alphas, and quickly closing. A mighty yell ripped its way from his throat as he threw his punch, hoping to drive his fist through the Alpha's skull and crush its body with his own.