Author Topic: Second Year 4v4 Match - Final Round: Team HRMS V Team BURN[Limited: 8/12]  (Read 6265 times)

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    Forgive me for what I must yabba dabba do
    • View Profile
"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!" A Booming and energetic voice explodes through the speakers set up around the enormous stadium. A deep and gravely voice, like someone who spent too much time smoking and decided now would be a good time to start screaming for their entire life. "WELCOME TO THE VYTAL FESTIVAL'S FINAL ROUND OF THE TEAM MATCHES!" The crowd erupted into a ceremonious cheer, whoops and hollers came from all corners of Remnant as people tuned into the match from home. "I AM YOUR ANNOUNCER, VULCO DENTRES, AND I AM DEFINITELY HAPPY TO BE HERE AND I LOVE VALE MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE AND THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THOSE F ҉   ҉ KERS-" A loud, annoying BEEEP filled the arena. Of course, this of all events was kid friendly. "-WHO ARE PAYING FOR THIS. WOW, THESE TEAM MATCHES HAVE BEEN GOD DAMN OUTSTANDING SO FAR! I'VE SEEN STUFF I'VE NEVER SEEN BEFORE, I PITY THOSE WHO MISSED THE INSTANT CLASSIC MATCH BETWEEN TEAM EDGE AND TEAM CAKE. I CAN BARELY IMAGINE WHAT THESE TWO TEAMS COULD DO TO OUTCLASS WHAT'S COME BEFORE! BUT ONTO THE COMBAT! PREPARE YOURSELVES, IN THIS FINAL ROUND, WE'VE GOT A TEAM FROM BEACON AND A TEAM FROM HAVEN- AND IT'S ABOUT TIME THERE WAS A TEAM FROM HAVEN. FOR OUR FIRST TEAM IS TEAM HRMS! THE TEAM CONSISTS OF REVYA VERMILLION,MIRABELLE LOIRE, AND SAKURA LUNCIAR ALONG WITH THEIR LEADER, FRANCIS HALDSTROM!" The crowd erupted into applause. Streamers shoot out of fake horns, confetti is thrown, air horns are blown. "THE OTHER TEAM COMPETING IS TEAM BURN, CONSISTING OF UNDINE CRAVEN, RILAN VANX, AND NARIA SARKON, ALONG WITH THEIR LEADER, BARCALOW DASEN! LET'S GO TO THE ENVIRONMENTAL SPINNER! DEREK! PULL THE LEVER!" The crowd let out immense screams of entertainment as the lever was pulled.

A large holographic image of a lottery machine appears on all sides of the arena, with four spinners. The spinners spun quickly, making it nearly impossible to make out the passing words. It ticked through the options slower and slower until it finally stopped on Geyser, Dust Field, Vertical, and Mountain.

"TAHT'S A WHOLE LOTTA HEIGHT ADVANTAGE!"

The floor of the arena lowered and, in its place, arose four new floors. The quarter that Francis and Revya would be starting in rose up to be a craggy landscape full of geysers shooting out steam at random intervals. The quarter that Mirabelle and Sakura would be starting in rose up to be a rocky landscape full of dust crystals of every type imaginable littered around, stuck into the ground or boulders. The quarter that Barcalow and Undine would be starting in rose up to become a large mountain, with trees populating it's sides and base. The quarter that Rilen and Naria would be starting in rose up to become a arrangement of floating platforms, floating at different heights and sizes. The highest one was almost as high as the mountain. (Barcalow and Undine will start at the top of the mountain)

Just then, the doors on each side of the arena opened and, from them, out strolled the combatants.

(A coin flip decided Team BURN get the first posts. The arena size is that of the 2v2 arena in the show, and features scaled down biomes. Good luck, contestants.)
Atlas: ShowHide
Mercenary: Kol Augur ~ The Judicator of Atlas
Speaking: #5C5054 Thinking: #EAC117

Mistral: ShowHide
Huntress-in-Training: Aca Roth ~ Member of Team RWND
Speaking: #E05260 Thinking: #EA857F
Huntress-in-Training: Brook Pallas ~ Member of Team CNBR
Speaking: #4863A0 Thinking: #98AFC7
Council Member: Phaedo Katsaros ~ Figurehead for Faunus/Human relations
Speaking: #667C26 Thinking: #B6CC76

Vacuo: ShowHide
40th Vytal Tournament Champion: Zabar Aga ~ Member of Team DAWN
Speaking: #CD7F32 Thinking: #EE9A4D

Vale: ShowHide
Huntress: Malina Nahualli-Roth ~ Leader of Team MCCA
Speaking: #993A64 Thinking: #8B0C44
Beacon Professor: Titania Printemps ~ Assistant Headmistress of Beacon Academy
Speaking: #4AA02C Thinking: #E55B3C
Drop-out: Durian Ghede ~ Former leader of team DFDL
Speaking: #E1BD27 Thinking: #AF8B00

Seig

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    I actually post now.
    • View Profile
Re: Second Year 4v4 Match - Final Round: Team HRMS V Team BURN[Limited: 8/12]
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 08:10:54 PM »
Barcalow stared down far below him. "Well shit. This is pretty high up Undine. Though I'm guessing you don't really care do you?" He didn't even have time for an answer before the fight started. Taking the massive ring blade off of his body, he nodded at his partner as he charged the great hoop with his semblance, giving it a light blue glow. "Undine. You know what to do. Rilan and Naria know the plan." Barcalow took a breath as he studied the arena down below him. As his eyes settled on his target, the one named Revya, he uttered a single word to himself. "Gotcha" With a grunt he whipped around as threw his massive weapon with all his might, the ring blade flying through the air like a demented frisbee, heading straight at Revya.

Undine nodded at her leader before drawing her duel swallow and jumping down the side of the mountain. occasionally catching a tree to slow her descent.

Meanwhile on the other quarter of the arena. Rilan crouched down and motioned to his friend. "Let's get you up there. I need you to lay down some suppressing fire."The large hunter knelt down and placed his tower shield above his head, motioning for his teammate to jump on. Naria cracked her neck as she ran towards Rilan at ful speed, ""Just try not to miss Rilan. You have a track record." Rialn grunt3ed in response as she landed on his shield. As soon as she had her full weight on top of him, she was sent flying upwards by her partner's great strength. "Do it now!!" Rilan tosses his shield into the ground and looked up at his teammate before bringing his hands together hard. As soon as they connected a resounding BOOM echoed through the arena as a shockwave was sent up towards Nadia. "H-Hey!! You miiised!" She yelled as she was sent careening through the air. Luckily she managed to grab the ledge of a platform floating 30 feet off the ground. "Learn to aim dumbass!" Rilan grunted and took his position in front of the tower of platforms, wielding his massive shield and warhammer. "You made it didn't you?" Naria didn't respond as the miniguns attached to her arms whirred to life. "I'm saving more real bullets for now. I can afford to spend some aura" The girl crossed her arms in an X and let loose, her miniguns belching hundreds of glowing aura bullets towards the dust field. Her aura counter slowly trickled down as her semblance continually fed her weapons. She slowly uncrssed her arms, spraying bullets in a wide arc, aiming for the crystals instead of the combatants. After a few seconds she stopped firing, the barrage having dropped her aura to 95%

« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 03:14:01 PM by Seig »
Mithra Ragvos The 4th Year Giantess of Beacon

Mira Ragvos 4th Year Weaponsmith

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    There's no accounting for dumbass
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 10:46:15 PM »
Revya strode out onto the battlefield and couldn't help but sigh at the environments. "well that is going to be difficult." it was at that point that a large ring blade flew straight at him. Raising his claymore Revya blocked the throw sending the weapon into one of the Geysers.
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

LuckyStar

• Personal Text
    Licky Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 11:10:25 PM »
Sakura looked at her environment, this place is basically Heaven for her Semblance Flow. She took her place next to Mirabelle and gave her a harmless shield butt before pointing it towards their enemies, lance pointing high towards the sky in an angle. She heard the whirl of miniguns and could see a giant ring blade fly towards Revya. She looks up to see bullets coming in a wide spray.

Minigun highly inaccurate but excellent spray there Sakura immediately thought to herself as she used her shield to block some of the bullets and protect Mirabelle, cutting the wave of bullets by a large chunk, preventing any dust crystals behind her in a cone stay untouched. She could hear dust explosions happen from all sides.
"Great this scenario.." Sakura looked at Mirabelle. "You okay Mira?"
I luv my CC: ShowHide
 2nd Year Roaring Tiger Cidrine Laohu

2nd Year Flower Mechanic Sakura Lunciar - Proudly HRMS

3rd Year Aurora Beats Aurelia Hestia

3rd Year Demon Cat Kelly Green - Proudly DVGS(hopefully0

4th Year Butterfly Samurai Uken Takeda -

Fisherman, Florist, Sniper Thurn Gassenwald - "I'm hooked on a feeling!"

Hunter, Doctor, Lawyer, Goddess of Victory Nike Fortunato -"Please stop calling me the Goddess of Victory..."

Marticus

• View Profile
Mirabelle squeaked and ducked behind Sakura as the dust field they were standing on erupted into elemental chaos. "Yeah, I'm good. I think. Just got distracted by the crowds, is all". Mirabelle clasped her hands together and closed her eyes, activating her semblance. Her body began to glow lilac, which flowed off of her, fading into a grey fog that began to encompass the arena.

Sesh

• Been Around

• Fails Basic Reading Comprehension

• Personal Text
    Every RPG worth a damn has stats.
    • View Profile
((I'll have my post up soon, but I'd appreciate it if you guys could post your character sheets since you're doing everything in one post. I'm on my phone and it's hell trying to navigate through 10 pages of approved characters to find them))
We can't have three different signatures anymore? Fuck the new board that's it I'm out.

Note for anyone who actually reads my character profiles: They're all jokes. Like...seriously. Anything that seems dumb is probably intentional, and even if it isn't I'll say it is to avoid admitting that I'm anything less than perfection.

Cael DeWitt

Francis Haldstrom

Hyacacinth Makal

William Staniforth Donahue

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    Forgive me for what I must yabba dabba do
    • View Profile
1) They have the characters they're using listed in their signatures.

2) List your characters in your signature, this has been a rule since day 1.

3) Autohit on Sesh's character enabled.
Atlas: ShowHide
Mercenary: Kol Augur ~ The Judicator of Atlas
Speaking: #5C5054 Thinking: #EAC117

Mistral: ShowHide
Huntress-in-Training: Aca Roth ~ Member of Team RWND
Speaking: #E05260 Thinking: #EA857F
Huntress-in-Training: Brook Pallas ~ Member of Team CNBR
Speaking: #4863A0 Thinking: #98AFC7
Council Member: Phaedo Katsaros ~ Figurehead for Faunus/Human relations
Speaking: #667C26 Thinking: #B6CC76

Vacuo: ShowHide
40th Vytal Tournament Champion: Zabar Aga ~ Member of Team DAWN
Speaking: #CD7F32 Thinking: #EE9A4D

Vale: ShowHide
Huntress: Malina Nahualli-Roth ~ Leader of Team MCCA
Speaking: #993A64 Thinking: #8B0C44
Beacon Professor: Titania Printemps ~ Assistant Headmistress of Beacon Academy
Speaking: #4AA02C Thinking: #E55B3C
Drop-out: Durian Ghede ~ Former leader of team DFDL
Speaking: #E1BD27 Thinking: #AF8B00

Sesh

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
1)I meant the character's team HRMS is fighting against, I didn't know that they were an npc team.

2)yeah my bad I'll fix it.

3) with the amount of bullshit on here recently, I thought it already was.
We can't have three different signatures anymore? Fuck the new board that's it I'm out.

Note for anyone who actually reads my character profiles: They're all jokes. Like...seriously. Anything that seems dumb is probably intentional, and even if it isn't I'll say it is to avoid admitting that I'm anything less than perfection.

Cael DeWitt

Francis Haldstrom

Hyacacinth Makal

Seig

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    I actually post now.
    • View Profile
Naria watched her bullets be deflected through the scope on her left weapon. What did catch her eye however was the second girl changing color and releasing some sort of mist. It was easy to make the connection. "Looks like we have ourselves a problem child," she said as she attached the barrel extensions to her weapons. "Shall we discipline them?"

On top of his mountain, Barcalow smirked as the massive ringblade glew brighter and began to return to him. "Undine, get ready. We are using the bum rush maneuver." The radio crackled as Undine began charging a ball of aura in her left hand, preparing the weapon in her other as well. "Give me 5 seconds." From the other end came Naria's voice as she drew up Mirabelle in her sights. "Think you can make the shot Barcalow?" THe team leader grinned as he stared at Mirabelle, who had thickened the fog around her. "Long as she doesn't move this will hit. I'm not like Rilan." The tank of the group nearly shouted into the microphone as he began charging full speed towards where Mirabelle was, attempting to run her down with his shield. "You try aiming a damn shockwave jackasses!"

As the fog grew thicker UNdine threw her ball of aura at the two standing in the geyser area. "5. 4." As she hit three she pointed her spear towards the two and shot a torrent of flame in their direction. It didn't reach anywhere near them, but it didn't have to. All she needed was to look at her direction. "3." Barcalow's blade returned to his hand as he charged it with his semblance, spinning with the motion of the blade to release it again a second later. The blade glowed once more and was sent out in a large arc, aimed at Mirabellle's back. "2." The barrels of Naria's newly extended miniguns whirred to life once more. "1." Rilan's massive shield opened several slots to reveal a massive speaker system. As he pulled the trigger it released a debilitating shriek of sound. As powerful as a handgun blast going off in your ear. It was only a short burst and would last 2 seconds. "NOW! LIGHT BALL" Undine closed her hand and the aura ball flying towards the Geysers exploded into a massive light source, blinding anyone who looked at it for a few seconds. Naria's miniguns belched fire as she uses her real fire dust ammo, aiming her barrage right at the center of the fog. At the same time Barcalow's blade looped around and headed for it's target from behind.

Seig

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    I actually post now.
    • View Profile
((As a side note from me. Try having a team discussion over PMs or a chat. Fights like this are great for other people as you can all work off of eachother and pull of crazy stuff like team BURN just did. I bet if you tried you could come up with some pretty damn cool ideas.))

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2016, 06:16:02 AM »
Revya turned to see the assault aimed at Mirabelle and Sakura and had been about to respond when suddenly a bright flash of light and loud bang blinded and deafened him "WHAT THE HELL!" Yelled Revya who flailed with his claymore and started moving his wings in case someone was attacking him while he was blinded.
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

Marticus

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2016, 01:08:27 PM »
The blast from Rilan's speakers was Mirabelle's only clue that something was amiss. Letting instinct take over, she threw herself back into a set of back springs that, fortunately for her, resulted in Barcalow's ringblade to sail right under her. Unfortunately, a few of Naria's minigun rounds connected with Mirabelle mid flip and caused to land flat on her face. "Ow! Could someone please deal with those two with the ranged nonsense, thanks!", Mirabelle groaned into her com as she got to her feet, "I'll see what I can do about distracting the big guy".

Mirabelle slunk through the fog as quietly as she could, using her ears to locate Rilan, and taking off into a sprint when she found him. She began to perform hand springs to increase her forward momentum, and exploded into a double front flip when she was close enough, throwing her feet out and trying to springboard off of Rilan's face, and use a combination of his forward momentum and her kick to knock him down, while she leapt back into the fog.

Spoiler: ShowHide
Aura=92%

LuckyStar

• Personal Text
    Licky Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2016, 03:01:45 AM »
"Aye Aye!" Sakura burst out of the fog, her lance beautifully pointed at Barcalow, her shield at ready to protect herself. But she would not be hitting with the lance, oh no, instead as she got closer, the lance bloomed and the trigger was pull, four small missiles filled with Fire Dust came out near Barcalow, Sakura would be fine, her shield would protect her from the blast, she would be sent flying upwards diagonally back into the fog.

A good chunk of 25% of aura would be cut if the missile connect. Sakura would now need to reload.
I luv my CC: ShowHide
 2nd Year Roaring Tiger Cidrine Laohu

2nd Year Flower Mechanic Sakura Lunciar - Proudly HRMS

3rd Year Aurora Beats Aurelia Hestia

3rd Year Demon Cat Kelly Green - Proudly DVGS(hopefully0

4th Year Butterfly Samurai Uken Takeda -

Fisherman, Florist, Sniper Thurn Gassenwald - "I'm hooked on a feeling!"

Hunter, Doctor, Lawyer, Goddess of Victory Nike Fortunato -"Please stop calling me the Goddess of Victory..."

Sesh

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2016, 12:56:42 PM »
((Honestly, I can't find the motivation to participate in this thread since the other team isn't real and is just full of some grade A bullshit. I know it'll be screwing over my team, sorry guys, but at least it doesn't actually matter. Let's just say Frank sat this one out due to a last minute case of food poisoning or something like that. Sorry again))

Cael DeWitt

Francis Haldstrom

Hyacacinth Makal

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2016, 06:58:53 AM »
(Sooo. Is this match still happening?)