Author Topic: Tourney Discussion [Combatants only]  (Read 23974 times)

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    Forgive me for what I must yabba dabba do
    • View Profile
Tourney Discussion [Combatants only]
« on: September 25, 2016, 09:54:36 PM »
Feel free to talk with one another here, whatever you'd like, as long as it pertains to the tourney,
Atlas: ShowHide
Mercenary: Kol Augur ~ The Judicator of Atlas
Speaking: #5C5054 Thinking: #EAC117

Mistral: ShowHide
Huntress-in-Training: Aca Roth ~ Member of Team RWND
Speaking: #E05260 Thinking: #EA857F
Huntress-in-Training: Brook Pallas ~ Member of Team CNBR
Speaking: #4863A0 Thinking: #98AFC7
Council Member: Phaedo Katsaros ~ Figurehead for Faunus/Human relations
Speaking: #667C26 Thinking: #B6CC76

Vacuo: ShowHide
40th Vytal Tournament Champion: Zabar Aga ~ Member of Team DAWN
Speaking: #CD7F32 Thinking: #EE9A4D

Vale: ShowHide
Huntress: Malina Nahualli-Roth ~ Leader of Team MCCA
Speaking: #993A64 Thinking: #8B0C44
Beacon Professor: Titania Printemps ~ Assistant Headmistress of Beacon Academy
Speaking: #4AA02C Thinking: #E55B3C
Drop-out: Durian Ghede ~ Former leader of team DFDL
Speaking: #E1BD27 Thinking: #AF8B00

Asterisk

• View Profile
Re: Tourney Discussion [Combatants only]
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 03:42:51 AM »
Would it be reasonable to make characters slightly more epic due to everyone training hard prior to the Vytal Festival? I know all my characters either started training themselves or others two months before.

Also, Camellia was supposed to be at the Vytal Festival, but something happened in Atlas and she was held back so now she's disqualified. Perhaps there was supposed to be one more extra bracket,
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 03:52:53 AM by Asterisk »

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    Forgive me for what I must yabba dabba do
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 12:43:55 PM »
Your characters are going to be as strong as they are in every other thread.
Mercenary: Kol Augur ~ The Judicator of Atlas
Speaking: #5C5054 Thinking: #EAC117

Huntress-in-Training: Aca Roth ~ Member of Team RWND
Speaking: #E05260 Thinking: #EA857F
Huntress-in-Training: Brook Pallas ~ Member of Team CNBR
Speaking: #4863A0 Thinking: #98AFC7
Council Member: Phaedo Katsaros ~ Figurehead for Faunus/Human relations
Speaking: #667C26 Thinking: #B6CC76

Vacuo: ShowHide
40th Vytal Tournament Champion: Zabar Aga ~ Member of Team DAWN
Speaking: #CD7F32 Thinking: #EE9A4D

Huntress: Malina Nahualli-Roth ~ Leader of Team MCCA
Speaking: #993A64 Thinking: #8B0C44
Beacon Professor: Titania Printemps ~ Assistant Headmistress of Beacon Academy
Speaking: #4AA02C Thinking: #E55B3C
Drop-out: Durian Ghede ~ Former leader of team DFDL
Speaking: #E1BD27 Thinking: #AF8B00

NotSurprised

• Personal Text
    I never post on time, don't ask why.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 07:56:05 PM »
Asterisk, I'm going to be asking you a few things.

First, how does Strelka's glass bullets do splash damage? Easy to explain, such as aiming at feet or something.

Second, how does her gun actually work? Bullets gaining velocity from propulsion dust providing the kick, I can see.
But the glass dust? Bullets do not simply gain mass midair quite simply, and the size you provided is quite absurd. It wouldn't even properly amass during the travel time to reach baseball size. The bullet would be moving too fast for that.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 08:10:25 PM by NotSurprised »
White Fang: ShowHide

White Fang 2nd Lieutenant: Artist - "Funny. When blood is spilled, it looks the same doesn't it?"

White Fang Captain: Blacksmith - "To create, is to destroy. It's that simple."

First Year, Team ALIA: Iron Silvarious - "You know nothing? Then get out of my way."

F̷̢͕͍̦̥̯̻̪̙ị̯̲̺̱r͏̻͉s̗t̛̻̼̣̞͔̤ ̸͘҉̲̠̖̭͕Y͓̣̣̲e̬͖̮̠͎̙̗͚a͙r̴̝͉̫͜,̺̣̕ ͔͎̰̯͓Ṭ̠̥͢͠ͅe̫͖̲̹̻̙͕͔͢a̺̫̼̝͔̕͠ḿ͚͚̙̪̻̗͚̝ͅ ̧͉̻͖̗̮̼͈͎̀͝Z͕͍̫C̵͈͈̖̯͎̖F̧̘̭͈͚̜R͈͚͖̣̝͔̰̘͈:͎̫̟̩̬̫̹ ̷̠̭͈̘͖͚F̠̟͈̜͍̫̠e͖͓͉͍͞n̵̰̗̘͈̹͞i̙̭̱̻x̵̦͠ ̷̙͈͈̠͎͉̮̺C̵͇̪̠e͕̟̟̙̻r̰̮̟͓̜̪̩u̯̞͉̥ͅl̺̪̝̣͢ę̥̲̹̹̜̼̳̘a͈̭͎͘͝ǹ̸̻͉̳͍͉̘̝ ̴̝̣̼͇̀̕ͅ-̡̼͚̪̱̻̪̙̠ ̖̬̠̠̪͎́"̸̜̙̣̠͚̻̲Ṣ̢̰͎̟͖̥̤ͅt̛̻̘̯̝͇ͅà҉̤͉͖ņ̯̘͚̮d̷͙̭͇̹ ̲̳̗̞͠͡b̞̣̲̪̳̖̯̭͡è̷̳̰̻̤̖͈͓̠h̶͕̦̭͚͎̠͎͜i̶̫͎͜n̵͙̙̹̳d̹ ̢̙̰̙̰́m̢̖̼̺̦͉͇̫̣͎e̼̼̞ͅ,̲͇͍̫̱͜ ́͏̲̯̳͎ͅI͈̣̰͙̝͈͚͢͞ ̛͙͙̤͚̬͜w̧͓̩̙͇͝į̭̦̹̜ͅĺ̙l̺͕̖̻̳̭̙͘ ̵̪̝̜͜p̛͉̺̻͢r̮̙̗͕̞̬o̡͝҉̞͉̖̼̪̪t͖͕ȩ̸̩̳c̹̯̘͓t̙̤̠͎͖̦̯͠ ͇̗͕͉̥y̵̷̮͙̮̭͙̱̪̝ͅo̶͉͈͎͓̮͇͈͍̘u̘͙̣͘͘.̲̖̫̬̦̤̤̀͝ͅ"҉̼̬͕͞

Fourth Year: Noir - "To see nothing, is to truly see the world."

Head of White Fang Investigation Team: Eklipsei Gray - "I bring justice to the darkness in this kingdom."

Third Year Vigilante: Sovereign LeBlanc - "For my next trick, I'll make your Lien disappear!"

Professor of Survival Training, Combat Tactics, and Miscellaneous Studies: Hunter d'Azur - "Alright kids, today's lesson is hide-and-seek. Try your best to hide!"

Fourth Year, Team CNBR: Arian Reaper - "In battle, only skill matters."

Asterisk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 08:15:06 PM »
Would the glass fragmentation be a feasible answer?

As for how her gun works, the bullets don't actually fly that fast, probably about as fast as the rounds from Roman's cane except without a fiery explosion. Perhaps I should make them explode in the future.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 08:18:52 PM by Asterisk »

NotSurprised

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2016, 08:19:53 PM »
Glass Fragmentation would be a possible answer if it wasn't a direct hit considering there's nothing behind Sovereign for it to shatter against. Unless the bullet shattered midair, but there's nothing to create that effect since it's isolated basically.

Second, I'm going to need one extra bit of information: Is she firing glass dust or another dust type? Just incase since the weapon description was a little confusing.

White Fang 2nd Lieutenant: Artist - "Funny. When blood is spilled, it looks the same doesn't it?"

First Year, Team ALIA: Iron Silvarious - "You know nothing? Then get out of my way."

F̷̢͕͍̦̥̯̻̪̙ị̯̲̺̱r͏̻͉s̗t̛̻̼̣̞͔̤ ̸͘҉̲̠̖̭͕Y͓̣̣̲e̬͖̮̠͎̙̗͚a͙r̴̝͉̫͜,̺̣̕ ͔͎̰̯͓Ṭ̠̥͢͠ͅe̫͖̲̹̻̙͕͔͢a̺̫̼̝͔̕͠ḿ͚͚̙̪̻̗͚̝ͅ ̧͉̻͖̗̮̼͈͎̀͝Z͕͍̫C̵͈͈̖̯͎̖F̧̘̭͈͚̜R͈͚͖̣̝͔̰̘͈:͎̫̟̩̬̫̹ ̷̠̭͈̘͖͚F̠̟͈̜͍̫̠e͖͓͉͍͞n̵̰̗̘͈̹͞i̙̭̱̻x̵̦͠ ̷̙͈͈̠͎͉̮̺C̵͇̪̠e͕̟̟̙̻r̰̮̟͓̜̪̩u̯̞͉̥ͅl̺̪̝̣͢ę̥̲̹̹̜̼̳̘a͈̭͎͘͝ǹ̸̻͉̳͍͉̘̝ ̴̝̣̼͇̀̕ͅ-̡̼͚̪̱̻̪̙̠ ̖̬̠̠̪͎́"̸̜̙̣̠͚̻̲Ṣ̢̰͎̟͖̥̤ͅt̛̻̘̯̝͇ͅà҉̤͉͖ņ̯̘͚̮d̷͙̭͇̹ ̲̳̗̞͠͡b̞̣̲̪̳̖̯̭͡è̷̳̰̻̤̖͈͓̠h̶͕̦̭͚͎̠͎͜i̶̫͎͜n̵͙̙̹̳d̹ ̢̙̰̙̰́m̢̖̼̺̦͉͇̫̣͎e̼̼̞ͅ,̲͇͍̫̱͜ ́͏̲̯̳͎ͅI͈̣̰͙̝͈͚͢͞ ̛͙͙̤͚̬͜w̧͓̩̙͇͝į̭̦̹̜ͅĺ̙l̺͕̖̻̳̭̙͘ ̵̪̝̜͜p̛͉̺̻͢r̮̙̗͕̞̬o̡͝҉̞͉̖̼̪̪t͖͕ȩ̸̩̳c̹̯̘͓t̙̤̠͎͖̦̯͠ ͇̗͕͉̥y̵̷̮͙̮̭͙̱̪̝ͅo̶͉͈͎͓̮͇͈͍̘u̘͙̣͘͘.̲̖̫̬̦̤̤̀͝ͅ"҉̼̬͕͞

Head of White Fang Investigation Team: Eklipsei Gray - "I bring justice to the darkness in this kingdom."

Third Year Vigilante: Sovereign LeBlanc - "For my next trick, I'll make your Lien disappear!"

Professor of Survival Training, Combat Tactics, and Miscellaneous Studies: Hunter d'Azur - "Alright kids, today's lesson is hide-and-seek. Try your best to hide!"

Asterisk

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2016, 08:25:06 PM »
Right. React accordingly to the glass dust as you see fit.

The bullet uses kinetic dust for propulsion and glass dust is contained in them for damage.

NotSurprised

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2016, 08:52:40 PM »
Alright, the problem I'm seeing is that when the glass dust is activated, it would stay at the same size. It could only expand by increasing the bullet's volume, which is by heating the glass to a certain point. Even then, that's volume, not mass. It wouldn't do more damage, instead it'll be weaker.

Of course, I'm intending for Sovereign to block the bullets, but I'm nipping this future problem in the bud, as well as offer a few advice. Other dust would function a lot better considering the elements they provide. Glass... is just glass, and would probably only serve to be a poorman's shotgun blast for any other weapon.

I honestly don't care as to whether or not this advice is heeded in the tournament, so the match is still going to go on, unless you say otherwise.

Now that I'm done bringing this to your notice, I'm off to post in other things before checking for your answer.

Asterisk

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2016, 08:57:29 PM »
Even though I heeded the advice, would I be able to change it? I'd feel like I were cheating if I didn't go by the character sheet even though I screwed up on it.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 08:59:14 PM by Asterisk »

NotSurprised

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2016, 09:01:42 PM »
I wouldn't feel that way and I know a few people who feel the same way, but if it makes you uncomfortable, it can be changed later then.

Really, it's all up to you.

Other than that, I'm off to post in our fight thread! GLHF!

The Fox Without

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2016, 08:48:28 PM »
I do try not to be petty when i get into fight threads, giving leeway due to the ambiguous that writing this out can give. But i will need you to clarify how he is actually avoiding being dragged by Tenne's chains by simply jumping back. The best this would do is make the chain go taut even sooner, causing him to be pulled all the sooner by the chain she was planning on spinning, especially since she has already been stated to have braced her stance in the previous post. Thanks ahead of time for the clarification.
Fortuna Altin-First year student: The Wannabe Princess of Team FIRE

Fluores Verdelia -First Year Tinkerer of Team MRSF

Tenne Byzant- First Year Recovering Thug of Team CBLT

Rima Tempest - First Year Snow Bitch of Team TBA
#55C8DA

Th3King0fChaos

• Personal Text
    The Official Harem King.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2016, 09:07:53 PM »
Sorry I reread it now and saw I didn't put in the part with kinetic dust, my bad.
Ismael Skhaos
The Weird Armory of team INKK (Active)

Cherry Rockwell
The lightning Ace of Team ---- (Not in use for now)

Carmine Rodwell - #960018
The Lone Tiger (Not in use for now)

Farco Lione
The Prince of team ---- (Not in use for now)

The Fox Without

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2016, 09:12:20 PM »
I didn't realize he could do that with his armor, none of the stuff in his profile say his armor is made to channel dust.

#55C8DA

Th3King0fChaos

• Personal Text
    The Official Harem King.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2016, 09:13:01 PM »
Not in his armor his boots. His boots can either fortify his kicks dealing more knock back or propel him.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 09:16:59 PM by Th3King0fChaos »
Ismael Skhaos
The Weird Armory of team INKK (Active)

Cherry Rockwell
The lightning Ace of Team ---- (Not in use for now)

Carmine Rodwell - #960018
The Lone Tiger (Not in use for now)

Farco Lione
The Prince of team ---- (Not in use for now)

The Fox Without

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2016, 09:23:56 PM »
Aight, that makes a bit more sense then. Though it's unlikely that he's unhooking his arm with the chain taut at the moment, I don't know if you ever tried to pull hooked straps off, but without some slack, unless he breaks his arm to get it unwrapped or willingly comes back to Tenne, he's not taking it off at the moment.

That is all, I'll try and get a post up soon

#55C8DA