Author Topic: It's raining bullets [Shoko-La vs Amane - Practice Match]  (Read 2805 times)

SerAnad

• Been Around

• View Profile
I had initially found strange and irritating to have to reach Mistral by going all the way to Vale and then from then to the continent of Anima instead or just getting there directly via ship from Vacuo. Reflectin on it though I realized that my client probably didn't want to take any chances and sought to minimize the possibilities of someone noticing my arrival by making me take a detour. As I said: irritating. But a job is a job, and besides, it was all paid. One thing that wasn't paid, and that I felt I quite needed after the long and uneventful travel from Vacuo to Vale, was a good fight. 
So, as is my custom, I reached out for Beacon students and/or Huntsman for a sparring partner. Just to shake off some rust, blow off some steam, and pass some time before resuming my travel towards Mistral.
Unfortunately, the only one to reply in a timely fashion had been a first-year student. Hardly a challenge, considering my experience and ability, but beggars can't be choosers and so here I am, strolling inside an old abandoned factory building and looking around with mild interest. 
What has that to do with anything, you might ask? In short, the answer is that my sparring partner for the day has a sparring ground of her own! That had been a lucky occurrence, that had saved me the trouble of renting a place for the occasion, and reduced the amount of traces I could leave behind. 

"I feel I should thank you again for offering this place as a stage for our little pastime... Amane, was it?"

I said addressing the girl that had accepted my request for a training partner. Of course, I hadn't used my real name and instead presented myself as Amelia Honeydew (I like honeydews, don't judge): a travelling huntress looking for some stress relief.   
I was wearing a pair of tight black but elastic pants, my combat boots, and a black leather jacket. Under it a black tank top and two pairs of holsters for as many guns.

"It's not often I happen to meet first-year students that have their own training ground. You must be quite rich, yes? But I digress... Since this is your place I feel compelled to ask if you have any rules you want me to observe or have any warning regarding the place. Should I pay attention to not shot towards the ceiling, lest it crumbles and falls on our heads or anything similar? Do you want a plain and unobstructed stage or do you want to set some obstacles and covers to spice things up a little?"
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 07:01:18 PM by SerAnad »
Mogan Treehouse - Beacon Student Third Year

Shoko-La Bitter - Mercenary and Hitman

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2018, 12:47:59 AM »
« Last Edit: August 28, 2023, 12:38:11 AM by . »

SerAnad

• Been Around

• View Profile
Re: It's raining bullets [Shoko-La vs Amane - Practice Match]
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2018, 07:04:26 AM »
I regarded the student with a considering glance, evaluating her on my personal threat scale. For starters, it surprised me to see her using just one gun. No aspiring hunter or huntress could possibly use just one plain pistol as the main weapon. Mechashifting pocket-knives that turned into rocket launchers? Sure. Plain old guns, not so much. Against even a regular Grimm, a single gun didn't do enough damage fast enough and became dangerously useless against the bigger ones unless you were able to consistently hit the eyes of the monster.
But maybe she is exceptionally good with a gun, what do I know? She could have a semblance that increases accuracy or let her control the path of her bullets... that would be convenient. Or I'm just annoyed because not only I'm fighting a first-year student, but she is also heavily outgunned. Of course, I won't use my semblance, but maybe I should use only two guns?

"Say, lass, are you really going to fight with just that one pistol?"

I asked while opening my jacket and revealing four double-barreled guns. I grabbed two of them and secured them to the back of my custom-made combat boots. Each one had two magazine equipped: one of propulsion dust and one of elemental dust (the right one with lightning and the other with water).

"Oh well, it's not really my business. If you're confident you'll be able to fight back I can use all four guns, but I've no problem with using just one or two to make this a more interesting training. What do you say?" 

The other two guns twirled in my hands, skillfully handled in a display that would not have been out of place in a cowboy-themed fair. 

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2018, 04:35:28 AM »
« Last Edit: August 28, 2023, 12:25:53 AM by . »

SerAnad

• Been Around

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2018, 08:41:25 AM »
"Really? No answer? I was asking for your benefit but... I guess you're okay with me doing whatever I want, then.   Ah, to be so young again! You're trying to act like the serious huntress all work and no fun, aren't you? Come on! This is a friendly spar! No reason to be so standoffish."

Oh well, if she wanted to fight with a weapon disadvantage then more power to her. For all Shoko knew, her opponent might have had an overpowered semblance that she could rely on.
As things were, though, Shoko's plan was pretty simple: use one of her guns to block or deflect the bullets that she couldn't dodge while using her other gun to punish the disparity in weaponry.
So she began to walk towards the blond girl. There was no rush, and against a gun, she knew better than to charge forward without caution. Sure she could tank some bullets, but why waste aura?
Her intention was to get close enough to make it a hand to hand fight, where her own prowess and a superior number of weapons could grant her the biggest advantage. It wouldn't have been fun to have a sniping contest in such an open space even if the girl had some ace up her sleeve. Shoko doubted it could be anything able to bring her down with one hit and she wasn't so green to fall twice for the same trick.
As for ammunition, the gun in her right hand was equipped with water and propulsion dust, while the left one with propulsion and ice dust. She had, of course, all kinds of dust magazines in various belts, the main one around her waist and one for each thigh.
She didn't think she would need them though. 

She had, of course, stopped spinning her guns since she had started walking. Now the left one was angles sideways before her, parallel to her chest, clearly meant to protect from incoming attacks, while the other was aimed at Amane.

"Since you're not the talkative kind, shall we begin and let our guns speak for us?"

She could barely keep her face straight while delivering such a silly line. No doubt the girl before her wouldn't realize the it was a mockery of her seriousness, but Shoko didn't really care: her humor was for her own amusement, after all.
She stopped at a couple of meters, and with a light smile that only slightly curved her lips, she fired the first shot.
It was such a telegraphed shot that if it managed to hit, Shoko herself would be embarrassed for her opponent. Originally the gun had been aimed at Amane's chest, but just before pulling the trigger, Shoko had lowered the aim in order to fire a water dust ammo at the girl's left thigh.
Contrary to popular belief, water ammo packed quite a punch and could drench the target after causing a nasty bruise on the point of impact.

Shoko-La's Aura: 100%

Combat log:
One water dust ammo shot: I'd say 5% it if its?

OOC: On the topic of ammunition, we should agree on the capacity of the guns. Six shots? Nine? Twelve?

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2018, 02:30:06 PM »
« Last Edit: August 28, 2023, 12:24:16 AM by . »

SerAnad

• Been Around

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2018, 05:52:18 PM »
In the split second that took Shoko-La's brain to register that her bullet had been intercepted mid-air, all she could think was a simple: "Oh. That's some nice skill you have there."
There was no time to marvel at the feat though, because Amane's gun continued to move, and so had to do Shoko if she didn't want to be riddled with bullets. She immediately got on the defensive, slightly bending her knees and moving her hands while following the blonde's aim. The assassin interposed the flank of her right-hand gun to block the first shot, then used the right-hand one to block the second and the third and dodged the shot aimed at her head. Having decided to suddenly move her head that way though caused her next move to be slightly delayed. So when her left hand came up to follow her opponent's gun, Shoko realized she would not manage to defend in time. So her body twisted to the right and backward in an instinctual attempt to dodge.
A frustrated hiss of pain escaped her pursed lips when the bullet impacted her side. A clean hit. She hadn't managed to move enough to dodge it even partially. But at least she hadn't been staggered as she would have been if she had been hit in a stationary position and in a more central point.
A detached recess of her mind pointed out to her that she could have fired a propulsion dust-round to give herself the push needed to dodge in time. She had miscalculated.
As things were she instead continued her current movement: both her guns now aimed at Amane while offering her a smaller target (now she was positioned sideways, her left shoulder towards the girl) and slightly crouched. A position ideal to sprint. 

"Two can play at this game, dear."

And sprint she did, giving herself a powerful push towards the girl while firing simoultaneosly with both guns (she took care not to step on the water on the floor: slipping would have been embarassing). Four shots in total, two water ones, aimed at Amane's right side (just under the ribcage) and then at the right shoulder, and two ice ones the mirrored the first two on the left. Dodging in either direction would probably result in being hit by at least one bullet, but it really didn't matter: Shoko-La's intent wasn't really to land a hit anyway. She wanted to close the distance. Of course, Amane would not permit that so easily, either by backpedaling or by trying to stop her advance by showering her with bullets while standing sideways to dodge all four of her shots at once.
It wouldn't have mattered: she was ready to take advantage of each scenario. She could be way more slippery and agile than most, and no better way to prove it that by dancing around the enemy.

Combat log:
4 out of 5 attacks defended

4 shots fired, 4% each, plus dust effects on hit

Aura: 96%
Stamina: 98%
Ammo:
Right-hand gun 4/6 water - 6/6 propulsion
Left-hand gun 4/6 ice - 6/6 propulsion

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2018, 04:15:36 AM »