Author Topic: Neither Solid, Liquid, or Gas, So It Must Be Plasma [Team PLSM] [CLOSED]  (Read 5764 times)

jjb2158

• Personal Text
    The Destroyer of Dreams & Expectations
    • View Profile
What started off as a cold morning slowly warmed up as the sun rose over the mountains above Beacon Academy. A gentle breeze blew through the trees, releasing a soft melodious song as the leaves rustled among each other. Intermingled within the soft sound, the buzzing from students could be heard in the distant as many began their day by making their way over to the Cafeteria for breakfast as well as to meet with friends and fellow teammates.

Despite her usual love to be in the Cafeteria meeting new people, Suntalia had other plans for the morning. "Today's the day!" she whispered happily to herself as she skipped through the school, pulling a small metal wagon behind her. Passing many of her friends, she was happily greeted by many of them, the girls waving and smiling at her while most of the guys merely smiled and nodded towards her, almost embarrassed to show too much enthusiasm towards her. Amidst that, she simply smiled and wave back in greetings towards them as she made her way through the Academy and down the cliff to the entrance of the Emerald Forest.

Upon reaching the entrance, Suntalia moved over to the side where a lone tree stood a few paces away from where the forest actually started. Stopping there, she pulled out her Scroll and read the instructions that were sent to her. "Looks like this is the place" she said to no one in particular. Seeing that she had arrived roughly 30 minutes early, she began rummaging through her wagon and pulled out a large picnic blanket. When she found out that she was being placed on a new team and had gotten into contact with the other members, the idea was offered that they should all do a breakfast picnic so that they could officially meet each other as well as do their introductions. That idea sounded like a splendid idea so Suntalia heartily agreed and proceeded by saying that she would provide everything needed for the picnic and that her teammates merely needed to bring an appetite.

Setting the blanket down, she proceeded by pulling the woven basket off the wagon and began setting an assortment of food ranging from a varied array of fruits to a plateful of baked breakfast goods. "And bacon!" she exclaimed happily, setting the plate of bacon down. She wasn't sure the other girls on her team would like to eat a lot of bread and meat for breakfast, but she was sure that the only guy on the team would be happy with that. Setting the scrambled eggs down, she continued to set things up as she happily hummed a simple melody to herself while waiting for the others to show up.
First Year Beacon Student: Rackley Winchester - The Hawkeye Sniper currently Teamless

Second Year Beacon Student: Jett Davenport - The Playful Shadow Knight of Team MLDC (Melodic)

Third Year Beacon Student: Suntalia Lyn Ryker - The Voice of Thunder currently Teamless

Fourth Year Beacon Student: Savas Carnelian - The Quiet Berserker Leader of Team SARK (Stark)

Beacon Professor: Oberon Falcov - The Man With A Plan / Team Strategy Teacher of Beacon

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
"Ooooh, bacon! Good choice! Breakfast is always the most important meal of the day you know!"

The voice comes out of nowhere, seemingly originating from halfway up the tree the picnic is shaded under. There's a rustle in the underbrush after it speaks, before moments later large and slightly-frazzled woman bursts through - a large mace hanging from her belt, a notebook clutched in one hand as she makes a beeline for the blanket. Jima's thoughts to take a morning walk and check those Beowolf claw marks she saw the other week had been interrupted by a reminder on her scroll for the team breakfast, and with her vision cast up into the air for an eagle's eye view, she'd managed to catch sight of her new teammate sitting on the blanket. She crosses the space between the forest and the solitary tree quickly, before sitting down on her knees across the blanket from Suntalia.

"You must be Suntalia, right? I'm Jima, one of your new team members. It's a pleasure to meet you, and I hope I didn't startle you - just thought you'd want to know I was coming before somebody random came out of the forest." Curiously, the voice now seems to be originating from Jima's left shoulder.
Prism Skylark - Beacon First Year, Winged Sharpshooter and Leader of Team CASA (Casanova) #ffffff

Chantou Rou - Beacon First Year, Insect-Eyed Rebel of Team LGGR (Lager) #ff82a4

Albrecht Clodwal - Beacon First Year, White Knight Nice-Guy of Team CNRS (Cinerous) #00a4a4

Azre and Erza Sundown- Shade First Years, Fallen Stars of Team RASB (Raspberry) #fe2d00, #feab00

Jima Purpora - Beacon Third Year, Grimm-Obsessed Scholar of Team PLSM (Plasma) #6e3aa8

Kayla220

• View Profile
Lilly raced through the halls, I'm so excited. I finally get to meet my new team here at Beacon. She danced out the doors listening to her music and hurried to the meeting point. Under her arm she carried a a bag of food for her team. She had been practicing dance and lost track of the time a little bit. I had hoped I would be there early to meet my new team. I mean I am their leader. She thought as she sprinted to the tree. Relieved that there were only 2 of her team mates there, Lilly sat down, took off her headphones and exclaimed loudly, "Hi! My name is Lilly, I am you guys team leader. I am so excited. I brought you guys some food, because, you know, a leader shouldn't make everyone else do all the work. Reaching into her bag, Lilly grabbed a large chocolate cake. Smiling, she looked around at her new team.

SerAnad

• Been Around

• View Profile
To an ordinary observer, Mogan would have given the impression of a normal student reading his books in the library. His face was relaxed and focused on the pages, but every minute or so his eyes darted to the scroll he was keeping beside the book. There the digital clock kept telling him that he was already late to the first meeting with his new team. It's not like he was reading something of the utmost importance, but Mogan just kept wasting time in an effort to calm himself. Sure arriving late wasn't going to give a good impression, but in his opinion, a bad first impression was almost always better than a good one. If you give a bad first impression then no one will expect much of you and then you can prove them wrong or just keep a low profile, while a good first impression leads to expectations and standards.
"Why am I so nervous anyway?"
He thought finally closing the book with a sigh and standing up.
"They are just other students, and it's not like I have to like them or they have to like me to work together. So even if nothing "clicks" it's no big deal."
Mogan collected his scroll and his black suitcase and put the book on the correct shelf before leaving the library at a fast pace.
"What if they ask me why I arrived late? The truth is out of the question... How about "I overslept"? No that's stupid. And so Is the bathroom excuse. A call from home? Yeah, that could work. But then again why should a call be a good reason to arrive late, unless it's about something important? Mhm... that could lead to uncomfortable questions, however. I can't say I forgot the meeting... But I can say I was halfway there then remembered I  forgot something and I had to go back to Beacon to get it. The suitcase could work, but I could have used the lockers. I'm not bringing any food or drinks and I can't say I forgot my scroll. Oh! I know! I slipped while I was going down the cliff to the Emerald Forest, landed on my butt and my clothes got ripped in a couple of embarrassing places. So I had to go back to change! Yes, this is it! It's believable and starts the conversation with a funny story that makes me look like a wimp. Perfect."
Mogan reached this conclusion just in time because he could already see the picnic set just outside of the emerald forest, with three ladies sat on the blanket under the shade of a tree.
There was a variety of food, from fruits to eggs and bacon, but Mogan's eyes zeroed on the chocolate cake that seemed to shine in his vision.
"I would probably have chosen an apple, just to make me look like even more of an assh...cough! Cough! Ahem, I mean in order to have a healthy breakfast... but the sugar calls to me! So thumbs up to whoever brought the cake."
Mogan said while approached his new teammates.           
"Sorry for the delay, I tripped on my way here and some of my clothes got ripped in a couple of embarrassing places, so I had to go back and change."
He explained while sitting cross-legged on a corner of the blanket, his suitcase put beside him.   
"I took the freedom of searching some information about you when I received the communication for the composition of this new team. So... you must be Lilly Meier, the appointed leader. Congratulations, by the way!"
Mogan explained with a practical tone, taking in some details about his new leader. A cat faunus with red hairs and green eyes. His eyes fell on the headphones, and he couldn't help but wonder what pair of ears she put them on. Probably not the cat ones, but that was something to investigate!
"Then we have Suntalia, who is well known and well-liked in Beacon, from what I've gathered. And Jima, about whom I don't know anything besides that some people say that you are obsessed with the creatures of Grimm."
Mogan nodded politely to each girl and then, finally introduced himself.
"I am Mogan, nice to meet you! I transferred from Shade, so I'm still pretty new at Beacon."   
Mogan Treehouse - Beacon Student Third Year

Shoko-La Bitter - Mercenary and Hitman

jjb2158

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Suntalia was visibly startled when a voice out of nowhere spoke to her about the bacon from the tree. Searching the tree and then around, it took a moment before she spotted someone walking up to the picnic site. Waving happily at her so as to hide her surprise earlier, she found that the person who walked up was also the person who had apparently spoke to her from the tree. Maybe it's her semblance? she thought as she gave a beaming smile to her as she spoke to her again.

However, before she could even speak, another person came rushing over to where Suntalia and Jima were seated. Waving at her, she heard her introduce herself as their team captain. However, much of Suntalia's attention was turned to what their leader had brought. Cake.... she thought, half drooling before she caught herself. "Hey!" she exclaimed happily. "My name is Cake and I love Suntalia!" she said before catching herself. "Errr, that didn't come out right. I meant to say is that my name is Suntalia and I love cake!" Laughing slightly to herself, she continued to bring out the dishes and silverware as well as some cups. "I'm looking forward to being on the same team as you two." Looking first at Lilly and then at Jima, Suntalia gave Jima a big smile. "I'm looking forward to working with you Jima. When I heard that you were going to be put on a new team, I was hoping above all hopes that we would be on the same team!" Pulling the orange juice out, she put it near the side before she turned back to Jima. "Speaking of, why did yo..."

However, before she could finish her sentence, Suntalia was interrupted by their fourth member, the only guy on the team. Listening to Mogan give his introduction as well as how he had done his homework on the other members of the team, Suntalia simply smiled and listened to him. "You're from Vacuo?" she inquired, giving Mogan an arched eyebrow before cutting all restraints. "OH MY GOSH!!! SO AM I!!!!" she exclaimed happily, before moving quickly over to sit next to Mogan. "What part in Vacuo did you grow up in? Did you have fun at Shade? Did you have a lot of friends there? Why did you come to Beacon? Can we be friends?" Looking over at the other two girls, she flashed them a huge grin and pointed at Mogan. "Can you believe it? He's from Vacuo! It's like we can be Vacuo buddies!" It was then that another thought crossed her mind. "Wait, wait wait!" she proclaimed, looking at Lilly for a moment. "You're a transfer student also, right? What school did you transfer from?" Grabbing a piece of bacon, she began to chew on it before realizing that no one else had started eating. "Oh! I guess we can start eating, right?" Laughing lightly, she continued to chew on it while listening to the others.
First Year Beacon Student: Rackley Winchester - The Hawkeye Sniper currently Teamless

Second Year Beacon Student: Jett Davenport - The Playful Shadow Knight of Team MLDC (Melodic)

Third Year Beacon Student: Suntalia Lyn Ryker - The Voice of Thunder currently Teamless

Fourth Year Beacon Student: Savas Carnelian - The Quiet Berserker Leader of Team SARK (Stark)

Beacon Professor: Oberon Falcov - The Man With A Plan / Team Strategy Teacher of Beacon

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
"It's a pleasure to meet you Lily! Congrats on being assigned leader, and thanks for the cake..."Jima's sentance trails off though, watching from above as Morgan descends the hill. Suntalia's slight ramble regarding their state as a team is only nodded to somewhat dumbly, before Morgon's mention of Jima's favorite subject and the sudden eruption of Suntalia upon learning he's a transfer student as well gets a hearty laugh out of the woman.

"Being Vacuo buddies sounds like an excellent idea, though don't forget about the rest of us! Being friends is something that I hope will come to us all as well, we're going to be working together for next year if nothing goes awry." Jima states before casting a grin to Lily. Reaching towards the bacon and the eggs, the taller woman begins to construct a breakfast sandwich before continuing before taking a bite and her voice continues on, unobstructed."And I can confirm that's true Morgon, the study of the creatures of Grimm is something of a... very intense lifetime hobby-mission of mine. They're the greatest threat to humanity on earth yet we know so little about them, so how could you not be fascinated frankly? Regardless, what was your question Lily?"
Prism Skylark - Beacon First Year, Winged Sharpshooter and Leader of Team CASA (Casanova) #ffffff

Albrecht Clodwal - Beacon First Year, White Knight Nice-Guy of Team CNRS (Cinerous) #00a4a4

Azre and Erza Sundown- Shade First Years, Fallen Stars of Team RASB (Raspberry) #fe2d00, #feab00

Jima Purpora - Beacon Third Year, Grimm-Obsessed Scholar of Team PLSM (Plasma) #6e3aa8

Kayla220

• View Profile
"Oh, I am from Shade as well. I transferred over to Beacon because I got an offer to dance at one of the best schools part time here." Lilly replied smiling. Cutting a slice of cake she said, "And yes, lets eat." Looking around at her new team, Lilly grinned. "So... What are you guys semblances and combat styles? And favorite musics? And one favorite past time? I am a fast paced fighter who uses her semblance to summon a dance partner who fights in tandem with me. I love most any music but anything I can dance to is best especially pop. I love dancing and partying! Your turn Suntalia."

SerAnad

• Been Around

• View Profile
Mogan's first impression of Suntalia was that she was part of that vast category of cheerful and talkative people that were easy to have around, but in its experience often such quality went hand in hand with a certain sincere and sometimes too naive fickleness.
But that would require more observation to verify, so for the time being Mogan just decided to take his role as new candidate for Talia's friend list with a grain of salt. She was apparently from Vacuo too, and that was fine, but also brought the question of why she had felt the need to attend Beacon instead of Shade, but Mogan was in no rush: after all, they would have years to get to know each other.
"Oh I grew up in the residential district, we had a big mansion thanks to the family business."
Mogan started to answer, a small smile on his face, speaking calmly in sharp contrast with the fast-paced Suntalia.
"The first year in Shade was actually a lot of fun, the second not so much, hence my decision of moving to Vale to attend Beacon. As for us becoming friends..."
Here his expression turned very serious.
"...that depends entirely on if you are willing to give up the "Vacuo buddies" thing."
A brief pause for added effect before dropping the act.
"Or not. I don't really care so long as we get along."

Up to this point, the first impressions weren't bad, but that changed when both Suntalia and Jima started eating bacon for breakfast... No, even worse Jima was eating a sandwich of eggs and beacon and kept talking with her... mouth... full... 
Something wasn't right.
While Jima kept talking and eating, forgetting his name in the meantime. Mogan couldn't help but stare at that strange phenomenon.
"Actually, Jima, my name is Mogan, not Morgon. And I can see why you are fascinated by Grimm and in fact, I share your interest, but that's not important right now: I have to know how are you doing that trick that lets you speak so clearly while you're eating. Are you some kind of ventriloquist?"    

In the meantime, Lilly had cut a slice of cake but was too busy speaking to take it and eat it, so Mogan took the opportunity and seized the slice of cake for himself.
His expression while biting on the soft chocolate was nothing short of beatific and not at all sorry for the theft. The early nevermore takes the prey, after all. 

jjb2158

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Laughing at Mogan's seriousness with being Vacuo buddies, Suntalia poked Mogan in his cheek while he enjoyed a bite from the cake before slapping his shoulder playfully. "You're funny Mogan! I think we're going to get along just fine" she remarked, giving him a mischievous smile before turning her attention to Lilly. "If Moggie doesn't want to be Vacuo buddies, then I guess it'll just be the two of us. Or..." glancing over at Jima and then back at Lilly. "...maybe we can be all become girl friends and have Moggie sleep in the corner." Looking at Mogan again with a slight twinkle in her eyes, she beam a smile at him. "We will have to figure out how we're going to set up our room since there's three girls and one guy. Maybe he can sleep in the closet?" laughing lightly, she slapped Mogan's arm again a couple times before turning back to Lilly. "Going back to your question, Lilly. I'm also a fast-paced fighter who specializes in making a variety of dust concoctions to be used with my weapons." Pointing to Dynami and Areti that were holstered on her belt first before pointing at Firestorm that was resting against the tree.

Taking another bite from the bacon, Suntalia reveled in the flavor of the food before swallowing it so that she could continue. "As for my semblance..." she remarked, activating her semblance briefly before deactivating it. "I'll let your imagination run for just a moment." That said, she moved as if to poke Mogan again, but instead sent a small shock of electricity that traveled from her finger to hit him in his arm. Laughing lightly at Mogan, Suntalia gave him an innocent smile before turning her attention away. "Hope that helps with your imagination" she replied, smiling at Lilly and then at Jima. "What about you Jima?" she inquired. She was rather curious as to whether her assumption about Jima's semblance was true or not.

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
"Jeeze, everyone here is from Shade! I guess I'm the only one who grew up in Vale then?" . Jima finished her bite of the sandwich, swallowing before she sat up a little straighter in response to everyone's questions.

"Okay, that's a lot to talk about, so we'll start from the beginning. Lily, I'm a fan of metal and metallic covers - they work especially well when training. My combat style is mostly close-range, Goliath here," Affectionately patting at the mace hanging from her belt "Has an inbuilt shotgun as well, alongside a few other tricks. There's also the Grab n' Go, but that's an entire other story. And hobbies... my biggest is probably sketching and designing, if you can include that." There's a brief pause as Jima puts down the sandwich to unclip a worn notebook from a loop on their belt, flipping open to a section in the middle - revealing a detailed and realistic sketch of a nevermore, to the point individual feathers are visible.

At Mogon's question however, Jima pauses briefly, before smiling. "I was wondering when someone was going to pick up on that! And sorry about mixing up your name - I can be a bit airheaded at times. Anyways, my semblance is essentially roving senses - they aren't confined to my head. I can essentially send my eyesight, hearing, taste of sense and touch - and well, as you've seen, my voice, anywhere within a fifty meter radius. Anything beyond that fuzzes out. Explains why I'm able to keep speaking clearly with my mouth full. Creepier part admittedly is I can't seem to get any of my senses back into my head - touch is the only one I can willingly actually return to my body. Funny thing is it activated when I hit my head as a kid, so guess it shook everything loose a little?" She finishes off the story with another vacant smile and a thousand-yard stare, apparently looking at nothing in particular. Throughout the explanation, her voice is seemingly circling the group at the picnic - demonstrating her ability to send it anywhere she'd like.

Kayla220

• View Profile
"So Morgan your turn," Lilly says cutting herself another piece of cake which she quickly starts eating. Looking around at everyone she smiled thinking this team looks good.

SerAnad

• Been Around

• View Profile
When Suntalia poked him on the cheek while he was eating and slapped him on the shoulder, Mogan just mumbled with a bit of annoyance. When Suntalia referred to him with the nickname "Moggie" and suggested he could sleep in a corner like a dog he glared at her and started to plot his revenge. When she slapped his arm again before answering Lily's question, he activated his semblance, in order to prepare and give to Suntalia what she deserved. Unfortunately for him, he needed ten seconds before the semblance could actually be used, so he couldn't help but have a spasm when Suntalia suddenly electrocuted him. Said spasm resulted in Mogan dropping what remained of his cake on the grass. His eyebrow twitched, but still, he said nothing. 
Whit deliberate placidness, he took one of the cardboard plates that were on the picnic blanket and slapped it on the underside in annoyance and started counting in his mind, before using it to pick up the cake that had fallen on the grass.
In the meantime, Jima explained her absurd semblance, around which he couldn't quite wrap his head around.

"So... how does that work exactly? I mean... Is it like some kind of portal between two points? You create a portal between, say, your throat and your shoulder and the sound comes out from the shoulder? But if that were the case then you wouldn't be able to articulate, because you still need tongue, teeth, and lips to form words...and you can't do that while eating... So the portal, it that is how it works, must be just outside the mouth, but the problem still remains, am I wrong? I can comprehend the other senses with the portal analogy, but the voice isn't really a sense and the theory crumbles... And does that mean you can potentially sense "through" walls? Because if that is the case I'm going to have to ask you to stay at least fifty meters away from our room when I take a shower or at least take me out to dinner first if you intend to peek!"

And then, just a moment after Lilly finished her last phrase, the cardboard plate with the cake on it, still on the palm of his hand and slightly angled towards Suntalia, without any warning or movement on Mogan's part, jumped from his hand with sudden surprising speed and landed with an oh so satisfying wet noise on the harassing girl's face.

"What goes around comes around, Suntalia. How does karma tastes like? And for the last time, my name is Mogan. M-O-G-A-N! Not Morgon, like some evil character from a fantasy novel, not Morgan like some cheesy character from a romance novel and certainly not Moggie like some unfortunate dog named by a child with a very poor taste for names. Mogan! Look at it like an abbreviation from Mahogany."

Finished with his outburst, he helped himself to another slice of cake, since he had only taken one bite from the first, and kept talking between morsels (obviously swallowing before talking).

"So... there isn't much to say about me. I love reading, playing games and cooking, but most of all I like sleeping, eating and lazing in general. I fight by hitting stuff with that suitcase over there and with the things inside it, so close range here too. I'm more than proficient in hand to hand combat and have both a very solid defense and offense. I prefer not to use my semblance if I can help it because it is stupidly complicated, with a lot hard to handle set of rules and it can backfire very badly. Still, I'll have to explain it in some details to you all before we get sent on a mission, preferably during a spar or an encounter with a very unfortunate lonely ursa, in order not to get myself or any of you killed by it."

He took another bite of cake, licking his lips.

"I used said semblance for that trick with the cake, but it's not telekinesis or something awesome like that. It requires a bit more... planning."          

jjb2158

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Listening to Jima explain her semblance, Suntalia couldn't help but be intrigued by it immensely. "Wow! I've nev...." Before she could finish her sentence, Suntalia found herself splattered with cake in her face and listening to Mogan lose his composure and rant on about karma as well as the pronunciation of his name.

Opening up one of her eyes, Suntalia reached over and grabbed a napkin and proceeded to wipe the cake off her face while Mogan continued to speak. Having wiped off majority of the cake, she turned and smiled at Mogan when he finished speaking. "I think karma tastes a lot like chocolate cake." Laughing lightly, she turned to take another piece of bacon as well as a lightly sugared pastry and took a bite. "Sorry if I took it too far with you, Mogan. I tend to get excited with meeting new friends." Raking her fingers through her hair, she found that there was still some cake in her hair so she grabbed another napkin and begun wiping the cake out of her hair when the thought hit her. "Speaking of missions or sparring, how about we take a little trip into the Emerald Forest after we finish eating?" she asked excitedly. "That would give us all a chance to see each other's fighting style, right? Right? Right?" Looking over at Mogan, she gave him a thumbs up and a big dimpled smile before turning her attention to Lilly in hopes that her team leader would approve of this idea.

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
As Mogan rants about on about her semblance, Jima can't first help cracking a smile, and then breaking into a strong belly laugh, the actions of her body at least matching what her voice is projecting now. "I'm not that indecent Mahogany, no worries. Secondly, think of my senses, and by extension my voice, as limbs that can be flexed in whatever direction I choose. They're separate entities, instead of a passive way of taking in information. To be fair there are limits - my senses need to stay within 'eyesight' to be used, so they can't just go through walls or whatever. Furthermore, if my ability to see is elsewhere, I can't see out of my eyes, so I'm effectively left blind to the area around my body if I'm not looking at it. If you can't wrap your head around it, well - you know how in video games you can see in the third person? Imagine that, but for all senses."

Jima's laughter dies down, but comes back as a quick violent snort as Mogan's revenge hits home. She's known her team for a total of barely fifteen moments, but Suntalia's already been hit in the face with cake, Lilly's perfectly chill, and Mogan is genuinely one of the most funny people she's ever met, intentional or not - they're going to get along perfectly. She puts down the paper plate, before going to clip her sketchbook back onto her belt, and finally swinging herself to her feet at Suntalia's suggestion. "I gotta agree with Suntalia, a mission into the Emerald Forest sounds like a great idea. There's been signs of Grimm in the area anyways - it's a perfect chance to check them out. Mahogany, want to explain your semblance on the way?"
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 02:32:34 PM by Moth »

Kayla220

• View Profile
Devouring the last of her cake, Lilly jumped up. "That sounds like an awesome idea. We should totally do that. Grab some food for on the way team Plasma. To the forest!" Dancing towards the forest, she slides her headphones over one ear and pulls out her two spears, Sunrise and Sunset. Twirling them around the others can see a light shadowy figure dancing near her.