Author Topic: A Dis-ARMing Situation [Closed]  (Read 3724 times)

NotSurprised

• Personal Text
    I never post on time, don't ask why.
    • View Profile
A Dis-ARMing Situation [Closed]
« on: October 01, 2016, 10:14:14 PM »
Iron was furious. It's not obvious on the outside with his cold exterior, but on the inside, there's a fucking firestorm. Originally, he had planned to go into Vale and grab some much needed material for his projects, but after some fools bumped into him, Iron's robotic arm had been malfunctioning. Now, he had to get materials for the arm as well as his other projects.

That's why people would get out of his way when they see his expression of cold fury, as Iron briskly walked around Vale to the stores that held his supplies. Iron's most definitely armed, and that also probably attributed to his aloof-aura that spread to others. His robotic arm also seems to be occasionally sparking.

Iron was about to snap, and the results are not going to be pretty.
White Fang: ShowHide

White Fang 2nd Lieutenant: Artist - "Funny. When blood is spilled, it looks the same doesn't it?"

White Fang Captain: Blacksmith - "To create, is to destroy. It's that simple."

Vale: ShowHide
First Year, Team ALIA: Iron Silvarious - "You know nothing? Then get out of my way."

F̷̢͕͍̦̥̯̻̪̙ị̯̲̺̱r͏̻͉s̗t̛̻̼̣̞͔̤ ̸͘҉̲̠̖̭͕Y͓̣̣̲e̬͖̮̠͎̙̗͚a͙r̴̝͉̫͜,̺̣̕ ͔͎̰̯͓Ṭ̠̥͢͠ͅe̫͖̲̹̻̙͕͔͢a̺̫̼̝͔̕͠ḿ͚͚̙̪̻̗͚̝ͅ ̧͉̻͖̗̮̼͈͎̀͝Z͕͍̫C̵͈͈̖̯͎̖F̧̘̭͈͚̜R͈͚͖̣̝͔̰̘͈:͎̫̟̩̬̫̹ ̷̠̭͈̘͖͚F̠̟͈̜͍̫̠e͖͓͉͍͞n̵̰̗̘͈̹͞i̙̭̱̻x̵̦͠ ̷̙͈͈̠͎͉̮̺C̵͇̪̠e͕̟̟̙̻r̰̮̟͓̜̪̩u̯̞͉̥ͅl̺̪̝̣͢ę̥̲̹̹̜̼̳̘a͈̭͎͘͝ǹ̸̻͉̳͍͉̘̝ ̴̝̣̼͇̀̕ͅ-̡̼͚̪̱̻̪̙̠ ̖̬̠̠̪͎́"̸̜̙̣̠͚̻̲Ṣ̢̰͎̟͖̥̤ͅt̛̻̘̯̝͇ͅà҉̤͉͖ņ̯̘͚̮d̷͙̭͇̹ ̲̳̗̞͠͡b̞̣̲̪̳̖̯̭͡è̷̳̰̻̤̖͈͓̠h̶͕̦̭͚͎̠͎͜i̶̫͎͜n̵͙̙̹̳d̹ ̢̙̰̙̰́m̢̖̼̺̦͉͇̫̣͎e̼̼̞ͅ,̲͇͍̫̱͜ ́͏̲̯̳͎ͅI͈̣̰͙̝͈͚͢͞ ̛͙͙̤͚̬͜w̧͓̩̙͇͝į̭̦̹̜ͅĺ̙l̺͕̖̻̳̭̙͘ ̵̪̝̜͜p̛͉̺̻͢r̮̙̗͕̞̬o̡͝҉̞͉̖̼̪̪t͖͕ȩ̸̩̳c̹̯̘͓t̙̤̠͎͖̦̯͠ ͇̗͕͉̥y̵̷̮͙̮̭͙̱̪̝ͅo̶͉͈͎͓̮͇͈͍̘u̘͙̣͘͘.̲̖̫̬̦̤̤̀͝ͅ"҉̼̬͕͞

Fourth Year: Noir - "To see nothing, is to truly see the world."

Head of White Fang Investigation Team: Eklipsei Gray - "I bring justice to the darkness in this kingdom."

Atlas: ShowHide
Third Year Vigilante: Sovereign LeBlanc - "For my next trick, I'll make your Lien disappear!"

Professor of Survival Training, Combat Tactics, and Miscellaneous Studies: Hunter d'Azur - "Alright kids, today's lesson is hide-and-seek. Try your best to hide!"

Mistral: ShowHide
Fourth Year, Team CNBR: Arian Reaper - "In battle, only skill matters."

Metroidhunter

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
Re: A Dis-ARMing Situation [Closed]
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 09:01:31 AM »
Vivian, on the other hand, was having a fantastic day so far. The recent attachments to her own pair of cybernetic arms were working perfectly; with the power of dust, the bunny now had more destructive potential than ever before! Anyone who dared to stand before her would surely feel her wrath. She had gone to a local gym to test the new functions out, though after an unfortunate incident involving the obliteration of a punching bag and another catching flame, the management of the facility had politely asked her to leave and never return.

Without a reason to be roaming the streets anymore, she had started to walk back to the airships to return to the Academy. While it would probably look like she was still wearing gym clothes to most people, shorts with a tank top and a jacket were her idea of casual clothing as well, so not being able to change before going back to the dorms didn't bother her too much.

After a bit of walking, Vivian's rabbit ears stood up out of curiosity as she noticed an interesting individual making his way down the sidewalk on the opposite side of the street. Putting one hand above her eyes to block out the sunlight, she attempted to get a better look at the guy. He was no ordinary man, as it appeared that he had three arms. The first emotion that hit Vivian at the sight was jealousy, followed shortly by intrigue. 'Oh, wow... I want one!' There was no way she could miss the opportunity to chat with him.

"Hey, you!" Quickly looking both to her left and right, Vivian proceeded to run across the road, starting to walk parallel to him right away. While her sleeves were down, one could easily see the metal that her hands were made of, especially when she lifted one to point a finger at his extra appendage. "You've gotta tell me about that arm of yours!"
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 09:04:19 AM by Metroidhunter »
Ferra Mars - The Iron Trooper
Iris Astria - The All-Seeing Eye
Cloe Zeu - The Cyber Speedster

NotSurprised

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2016, 01:54:00 PM »
"Yes, it's a robot arm, now get out of my- Oh?"

Iron had no time for some simpleton to be in awe of the robo-arm, so when someone started to walk next to him asking about it, he just snapped. Turning to where the voice came from, he started to yell only to cut himself off. After all, Iron just found something very interesting that required all his attention.

Next to him was what seemed to be a girl older than him, with a robotic limb. Iron could tell from the metallic nature that seems to be her hand. Immediately abandoning all sorts of social norms, Iron stopped walking immediately in hope of further knowledge to work with. He quickly, yet gently took Vivian's hand and held it in his as he used the other to roll up Vivian's sleeves to see more of it. Silently focused on the hand grasped within his, Iron attempted to gather more information to use while his third arm seems to be moving in a inquisitive way, albeit sparking occasionally.

"Fascinating." The reverent tone can be heard with that single word as he investigated every angle of the arm. Iron was gentle during his expectations, as he DOES having something that resembles to humane treatment and testing.

It must seem a little awkward for Iron to do that, but fuck the social norms.

White Fang 2nd Lieutenant: Artist - "Funny. When blood is spilled, it looks the same doesn't it?"

First Year, Team ALIA: Iron Silvarious - "You know nothing? Then get out of my way."

F̷̢͕͍̦̥̯̻̪̙ị̯̲̺̱r͏̻͉s̗t̛̻̼̣̞͔̤ ̸͘҉̲̠̖̭͕Y͓̣̣̲e̬͖̮̠͎̙̗͚a͙r̴̝͉̫͜,̺̣̕ ͔͎̰̯͓Ṭ̠̥͢͠ͅe̫͖̲̹̻̙͕͔͢a̺̫̼̝͔̕͠ḿ͚͚̙̪̻̗͚̝ͅ ̧͉̻͖̗̮̼͈͎̀͝Z͕͍̫C̵͈͈̖̯͎̖F̧̘̭͈͚̜R͈͚͖̣̝͔̰̘͈:͎̫̟̩̬̫̹ ̷̠̭͈̘͖͚F̠̟͈̜͍̫̠e͖͓͉͍͞n̵̰̗̘͈̹͞i̙̭̱̻x̵̦͠ ̷̙͈͈̠͎͉̮̺C̵͇̪̠e͕̟̟̙̻r̰̮̟͓̜̪̩u̯̞͉̥ͅl̺̪̝̣͢ę̥̲̹̹̜̼̳̘a͈̭͎͘͝ǹ̸̻͉̳͍͉̘̝ ̴̝̣̼͇̀̕ͅ-̡̼͚̪̱̻̪̙̠ ̖̬̠̠̪͎́"̸̜̙̣̠͚̻̲Ṣ̢̰͎̟͖̥̤ͅt̛̻̘̯̝͇ͅà҉̤͉͖ņ̯̘͚̮d̷͙̭͇̹ ̲̳̗̞͠͡b̞̣̲̪̳̖̯̭͡è̷̳̰̻̤̖͈͓̠h̶͕̦̭͚͎̠͎͜i̶̫͎͜n̵͙̙̹̳d̹ ̢̙̰̙̰́m̢̖̼̺̦͉͇̫̣͎e̼̼̞ͅ,̲͇͍̫̱͜ ́͏̲̯̳͎ͅI͈̣̰͙̝͈͚͢͞ ̛͙͙̤͚̬͜w̧͓̩̙͇͝į̭̦̹̜ͅĺ̙l̺͕̖̻̳̭̙͘ ̵̪̝̜͜p̛͉̺̻͢r̮̙̗͕̞̬o̡͝҉̞͉̖̼̪̪t͖͕ȩ̸̩̳c̹̯̘͓t̙̤̠͎͖̦̯͠ ͇̗͕͉̥y̵̷̮͙̮̭͙̱̪̝ͅo̶͉͈͎͓̮͇͈͍̘u̘͙̣͘͘.̲̖̫̬̦̤̤̀͝ͅ"҉̼̬͕͞

Head of White Fang Investigation Team: Eklipsei Gray - "I bring justice to the darkness in this kingdom."

Third Year Vigilante: Sovereign LeBlanc - "For my next trick, I'll make your Lien disappear!"

Professor of Survival Training, Combat Tactics, and Miscellaneous Studies: Hunter d'Azur - "Alright kids, today's lesson is hide-and-seek. Try your best to hide!"

Metroidhunter

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2016, 02:44:49 PM »
Luckily for Iron, Vivian was not one to be bothered by an individual's lack of social skills. As he took her arm in his hands and began to study it, she simply stood there with a smile on her face, figuring that it would make him more open to sharing information about his own additional appendage. After a few moments, she slowly pulled her arm away before rolling up the rest of her right sleeve. With the entirety of the metal arm revealed, she reached over with her other hand, opening a small panel on the upper part of the limb.

"Hold on. Check this out." With the press of a tiny button that was hidden under the panel, a few clicking noises could be heard, at least until the arm slid out of the sleeve of her jacket. Grabbing it with her other arm, she pulled it the rest of the way out before holding the detached arm up. Without saying anything else, she dropped in down into Iron's arms, letting him get a real look at it.

Meanwhile, nearby citizens walked past, many of them glancing over at the odd display before turning their heads away out of confusion. Vivian didn't seem to mind the attention, still focused on Iron. "Pretty cool, eh?" she remarked, her now empty sleeve hanging loosely while her remaining hand rested on her hip.

NotSurprised

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2016, 05:50:09 PM »
Iron was admiring the arm that Vivian had, only to almost start drooling as he found that the arm was detachable! The sophistication of said machinery boggles his mind as he starts to look at every bits and pieces of it to gather EVERYTHING he could about it. It would require a bit of… experimentation, but the data he can grab from this can allow Iron to improve his own design, and maybe even the design held within his hand!

After noticing his… inappropriate behavior, Iron immediately straightened and cleared his throat. Re-orientating his glasses to be more professional, he holds the arm in a more proper and graceful way as it is still an arm of a person that needs it to actually do things.

”Ah. Apologies. It is not everyday you get to compare a product to that of your own.” Iron scowled as he glance at the malfunctioning arm, even if there were still some things the arm can do in its damaged state. However, Iron grinned in his mind as he pictures all of the possibilities he has using this new variable placed infront of him.

Metroidhunter

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2016, 06:19:03 PM »
While the rabbit faunus was aware of his odd behavior, she obviously didn't mind, grinning out of excitement as he studied the limb with an obvious desire to learn more about it."No worries. I'm just glad I ran into someone that also has an interest in robo-arms." As he glanced at the seemingly broken third limb that he possessed, Vivian frowned a little, turning her head slightly. "Hm... That doesn't look too good." Not yet bothering to ask for her arm back, she took a moment to examine their surroundings, her remaining hand still resting on her hip. An idea had come to her mind, one that was definitely questionable. And yet, she already knew that she had to find out if it would work.

"Hey, I know you don't really know me, but do you have, like, some sort of workshop nearby?" She couldn't exactly think of a way to phrase the question that she had, so after a few moments, she simply said what first came to mind. "I want to see if there is a way we could stick my arm onto you. You know, like, in place of that broken one. Not to keep, of course. But, if it works, I may be able to supply you with a replacement that I have. Then you could experiment with and potentially keep it for yourself. Maaaybe for a price... But we can worry about that later." Looking away from the malfunctioning arm and back at him, she smiled again. "Are you interested?"

NotSurprised

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2016, 06:21:08 PM »
Iron's eyes enlarged in childish delight, but quickly controlled it. He was lucky that his glasses were perfectly angled as to hide his eyes. God knows it would've been embarassing for a sophisticated individual like Iron himself to be seen with such an expression. Iron once again straightened, and with a cough to clear his throat, he stuck his hand out as if they had just a negotiated a deal and agreed with the terms.

"That would be most generous."

Adjusting his glasses, Iron sought out a general plan to enact what they had just discussed. Beacon had all his materials with plans, and he's sure he can secure materials from defunct items. However, his workshop size was questionable and might not be enough for this project. Iron did know an open workshop nearby, but he'd have to purchase entirely new materials and he wasn't sure if he renewed his membership. For probably once in his life, Iron sought out the advice of another.

"Two. Beacon Academy and one nearby."

Metroidhunter

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2016, 07:35:46 AM »
Unlike Iron, Vivian made little effort to contain her joy from his answer. "Yes!" she exclaimed, pumping her fist in the air. "Experimenting on another person... This is going to be... awesome." While she was aware of how that may have sounded, she didn't care much about it. It was the truth, after all. Finding other cybernetic individuals, even more so ones that were willing to let the rabbit girl tamper with their stuff, was definitely a rare occurrence. Luckily for him, it didn't seem to be surgically attached to him, or at least she didn't think that was the case.

"Beacon would probably be easier. That's where all my stuff is too, so, yeah." Vivian raised her remaining arm, wiggling her fingers around a bit to show them off some more. "My second pair of these is back at my dorm. I just upgraded these ones though, so the others are kinda lacking in features. But hey, it's probably better than a broken one. ... No offense." Putting her hand down, she stood still for a moment, thinking to herself before she realized something was missing. Something important. "Hey, could I get my arm back? Then we can get going."

NotSurprised

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2017, 03:13:35 PM »
Iron briefly considered asking Vivian so that he may keep the arm until they make it back to his workshop just so that he may investigate the arm further. However, that might halt their progress back to Beacon and discourage Vivian from working with Iron, so he did the smart thing and returned the arm to Vivian. As Iron returned the arm, he planned to keep an eye on the arm so that he can see how the arm reattached to Vivian.

"Well. Here."