Author Topic: Team SMMR Initiation: Desert Sun  (Read 9606 times)

Ordelis

• View Profile
Re: Team SMMR Initiation: Desert Sun
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2017, 11:52:55 PM »
"Thanks!" Solar said as Miziren thrusted his sun glasses and scarf forcefully towards her. She could tell he was irritated by having to give up his equipment but it wasn't enough to break her naturally happy demeanor. She quickly donned the scarf over her face 'bleh stinks of boy', and put on the aviators'everything looks darker?', and followed Miziren towards the dune he pointed out. Following his advice she parked her bike next to Miziren's so they would act as a barrier against the dunes, and hid behind them with him.
"Gaah! This wind is crazy!" Solar cried out to Miziren, she was glad she had asked him for cover, she could see how dirty Mizirens glasses were getting and couldn't imagine that getting in her eyes.

It felt like hours Miziren and Solar had been hiding behind their bikes, the howling of the wind billowing showing no signs of weakening. 'Please end already' she pleaded to no one in particular, she was already past uncomfortable and was cold from how windy it was. 'wait what's that' she thought, she could see a strange shape moving in the haze of the sand storm, something yellow with a bulbous point hanging down. 'Deathstalkers...'she realized as she noticed multiple glowing stingers wandering around the storm'Judging on the size they're not that big but there's so many...hopefully they don't notice us'
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 10:35:47 AM by Ordelis »
Solar Rasie "What's this thing? What does it do? Can I play with it!?"
https://i.imgur.com/161JzXc.png

Ribeiro Ispecs
"Can I see the color of your blood? Please?"

Poof!

• Been Around

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2017, 11:21:59 AM »
"This storm is a bit unusual. The speed with which it arrived is uncanny." Miziren glazed over the 'stinks of boy' part. Did he stink? Miziren swore he showered earlier in the day...maybe it was because she was faunus? She had horns...did that mean she was able to sniff out scents better? It wasn't until Solar pointed out the Deathstalkers that Miziren snapped out of it, bringing his attention back down to remnant.

They were travelling with the storm, which Miziren found to be no mere coincidence. Maybe what they were searching for was also in the storm? Only one way to find out. Maybe he could also see Solar in action. He'd been wondering if she got in merely by her connections, or if her ability to fight was legitimate. "Solar! This isn't the most ideal situation, but those Deathstalkers are coming towards us. If we just sit here, they'll find us eventually. Prepare yourself!"

Miziren began digging into the sand, thanking his luck that these ones were only the size of beowolves. Once he'd made a small alcove in the side of the dune, he stood in defiance of the wind and sand, moving his arms in wide, practiced arcs. It was a slow and powerful motion, one where his fingers never pointed away from anywhere but his center of mass. Once more, there was a dark glow around his body, with little sparkles of light glimmering across the surface of his aura. In a flash of sudden movement, Miziren dug both of his hands into the side of the dune. For a good ten seconds, it didn't appear like he was doing anything, until a faint black mist began to seep out from near the top of the dune.

Miziren had begun to sweat from the exertion, since it wasn't easy to push his semblance that deep into the sands, but hopefully the resultant explosion would be worth it. He wasn't used to working with another person, so he didn't have it in his mind that he should warn Solar about what he was going to do. With one more push, he ignited the smoke in the sand, causing the Deathstalkers that crested the hill to go flying. The sonic boom was thundering, and the top section of the sand dune was gone in a shower of fire and glass. With that accomplished and a handful of small Deathstalkers disabled or disoriented, Mizi quickly moved to grab his staff.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 11:23:47 AM by Poof! »
Miziren Starminer - 1st year student of Shade Academy and member of Team SMMR - "Strive for betterment in oneself, for in this way, betterment of all may be had."

00Mogar

• Personal Text
    Currently wish brick was a gender option XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2017, 03:32:54 PM »
As Marcus finished setting up the wind started blasting the sand through any opening it could find, besides the wind and sand Marcus heard something else,his ears perked and he  asked "Do you hear that?", his hands drifting to Jekyal and Hyde, a second later he head a vary faint explosion and drew his weapons ready incase anything came through the door.
Characters: ShowHide
BEACON
Kale Bomvu "Ready, set, boom." -Third year explosives expert
Valerie Moriomo "What will it be booze or a mission?"- Owner of the Pink Forest and huntress for hire
Obadia Corcra/A.C.D.C."Never any interesting people.""Obadia... shut up." Third year Mad scientist--
Eddy Midori"You're never ready for me."-- First year Cocky Monk
Alice Kasshoku/Schwarz -- "You just need to chill."-- active huntress

SHADE
Marcus Bomvu-"Is there a forge nearby? I prefer to keep working."-- First year craftsman of team SMMR

Dragolianx

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2017, 01:47:02 PM »
After hearing the explosion Mavi reached for the Bolt Saber and switched it to sword mode. "Yeah, I definitely heard that." Mavi said adding some dust cartridges to his weapon. After a few eerie moments of silence a Deathstalker broke through the door. "Aw nuts." Mavi said as he fired of a round of fire dust and slashed towards the Deathstalker's tail.
Mavi Kobold First Year at Shade Academy

Ordelis

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2017, 04:08:26 PM »

"Solar! This isn't the most ideal situation, but those Deathstalkers are coming towards us. If we just sit here, they'll find us eventually. Prepare yourself!"

Miziren had begun to sweat from the exertion, since it wasn't easy to push his semblance that deep into the sands, but hopefully the resultant explosion would be worth it. He wasn't used to working with another person, so he didn't have it in his mind that he should warn Solar about what he was going to do. With one more push, he ignited the smoke in the sand, causing the Deathstalkers that crested the hill to go flying. The sonic boom was thundering, and the top section of the sand dune was gone in a shower of fire and glass. With that accomplished and a handful of small Deathstalkers disabled or disoriented, Mizi quickly moved to grab his staff.

"Alright,Bring it!" Solar cried out as she readied Red Erik in the two-handed form. She was about to charge into the swarm but stopped as she noticed a faint black mist seeping out of the sand around them. ' ? What's this?' She wondered as she followed the center of where it was coming from and found it to be Miziren in deep concentration with both hands in the sand. "Hey what're you.. Solar started to ask but was cut off as she suddenly found where the black mist used to be was a sudden explosion much closer then she would have liked. Not facing the direction of the shock-wave nor was she warned ahead of time, Solar was completely taken off guard and was thrown into Miziren's direction and completely headbutted him right in the head. Being a ram faunus Solar's head is much denser then the average faunus let alone human and she knew it had to have hurt him more then it hurt her but she didn't care. "OW!? Hey what gives!? You gonna blow me up along with the rest of them!? At least tell me when your gonna do something like that!"
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 10:39:09 AM by Ordelis »

Ribeiro Ispecs

Poof!

• Been Around

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2017, 09:44:49 PM »
Miziren had turned in just the right way to grab his staff that when Solar was knocked into him by the blast, she managed to hit him right in the temple. Instantly Miziren blacked out and rag dolled to the ground. Normally getting knocked out was a bad thing to have happen  in a combat situation, but the conditions made it worse. They were near the top of a massive sand dune, so of course once he hit the ground, Miziren started to roll downhill, unable to do anything to stop himself. Being unconcious wasn't a good look for him.
Miziren Starminer - 1st year student of Shade Academy and member of Team SMMR - "Strive for betterment in oneself, for in this way, betterment of all may be had."

00Mogar

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2017, 03:53:48 PM »
As the Deathstalker came through the door Marcus charged forward and seeing Mavi go for the tail meant that the pincers where probably going to come up to protect itself or counterattack. He wasn't about to let his teammate get hit so  as the pincers came up Marcus jumped above them, which was impressive in of itself considering how much armor he was wearing, then using his weight and both axes came down on both pincers lowering them to the point where its tail was once again exposed.
BEACON
Valerie Moriomo "What will it be booze or a mission?"- Owner of the Pink Forest and huntress for hire
Obadia Corcra/A.C.D.C."Never any interesting people.""Obadia... shut up." Third year Mad scientist--

SHADE
Marcus Bomvu-"Is there a forge nearby? I prefer to keep working."-- First year craftsman of team SMMR

Dragolianx

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2017, 08:30:06 PM »
After Marcus deflected the pincers Mavi then fired a round of fire dust and slashed the stinger off of the deathstalker's tail. Mavi then stabbed the Bolt Saber's blade into the grimms back and jumping off.

Ordelis

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2017, 09:57:07 AM »
"OW!? Hey what gives!? You gonna blow me up along with the rest of them!? At least tell me when your gonna do something like that!" Solar angrily exclaimed to a corpse that was now sliding down the sandy dune. "Oh come on! wait! stop! stop! stop! Nooo! Is my head really that hard or is your head really that weak!?" She cried out to the lifeless body that Solar ran after grabbed and prevented Miziren from falling any further. "Whew..."

Solar breathed a sigh of relief as she took a moment to remember where she was, she quickly looked around and realized while Miziren's blast knocked out a layer of the Deathstalkers, the survivors of the blast and a second wave had begun to surround them. "Come on! Wake up Miz! It's a pain to fight and protect you at the same time! wake up!" She shouted and was slapping Miziren multiple times in the face in an attempt to wake him up. As the Deathstalkers draw even closer Solar made her choice.
"Fine then sleep! I'll take them all on!" Solar roared and leaped into battle in a fury of motion. Solar might have been in the middle of a sand storm, but she was a small storm of her own. She moved with the forced of an unstoppable boulder rolling down a hill, decimating the tails or joints of Deathstalkers with her great battle ax without a pause in between. Nothing could seem to stop her as Solar slaughtered Grimm after Grimm. Slamming her weapon down upon the armored shell of the monsters required strength, but lucky for Solar these were relatively weak Grimm that made up for with numbers. Numbers that didn't seem to dwindle as Solar returned to Miziren's body to ward away any incoming threats,and to take catch her breath as even she was beginning to get tired from the numbers she just slew.

Solar was no stranger to fighting like this, but what was foreign to her was having to protect an unconscious team mate and it was really getting to her that he hadn't woken up to help yet "Will you wake up already!" She gave one more shout as she squeezed her water bladder and sprayed Miziren in the face with water.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 10:00:13 AM by Ordelis »

Ribeiro Ispecs

Poof!

• Been Around

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2017, 08:51:44 PM »
Blackness. That was all there was. One second he was up, and the next he was on his back, his mask having dissolved away some time ago leaving his face bare. His cheeks felt warm, and he had a throbbing headache, unable to figure out where he was or how he got there. It was all really fuzzy and incoherent, and in the distance, Miziren heard the scuttle of Deathstalkers...and something else. There was the sound of metal gliding upon the air and cleaving it apart, followed by numerous thunking noises. It wasn't until water sprayed across his face that he actually came to.

"Uuugh...what?" Fair to say he was still a little groggy, but when he realized that he and solar were surrounded, his mind cleared. Unable to find his staff, which probably rolled all the way to the bottom of the hill, Miziren unsheathed his big knife. "This is not looking as optimistic as I originally thought it would be..." He mumbled to himself, his eyes nearly closed. It wasn't easy to see without some form of protection, so in a split second, one of Miziren’s bracelets cracked and the colour from it drained away. His eyes almost immediately had become covered in an opaque black substance, obscuring the colour of his eyes. Just thin enough to slide under his eyelids, just like contact lenses. Once that was accomplished he windmill ed off the ground and back onto his feet. "I think we should go!"

00Mogar

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2017, 09:44:20 PM »
As Mavi jumped off Marcus connected his axes and spun it around slashing both ends into the Deathstalkers eyes cutting most of them open at once, before using it like a spear and stabbing it in the eyes and prying the shell open like a crab. The instant that one died a bunch more came through and in response Marcus roared at them before charging in a flurry of blows.
BEACON

SHADE

Dragolianx

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2017, 03:47:51 PM »
Mavi dashed forward and picked up the bolt saber and started to slash at the incoming deathstalkers legs. Mavi then stabbed the deathstalker in the head head before turning his atrention towards Marcus. Wanting to help his teammate Mavi switched the bolt saber into pistol mode and fired off a round of lighting dust towards the incoming grimm

Ordelis

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2017, 11:52:38 AM »
"Ruun!" Solar agreed and charged back to where the bikes were parked when Miziren awoke. She hopped onto her bike, started the engine back up and opened up the throttle just as another Deathstalker followed along. Through the storm she could still see Deathstalkers blocking their path but they were small enough and she was going fast enough to get bowled out of the way.

Ribeiro Ispecs