Author Topic: Roinnt Punt Faoi Cabáiste [Team KABS initiation]  (Read 3450 times)

TENKESH

• Personal Text
    Well Then...
    • View Profile
Roinnt Punt Faoi Cabáiste [Team KABS initiation]
« on: November 21, 2016, 01:34:48 AM »
The crowd around the starting positions quiets as a small spher-like robot hovers just to the edge of the cliff, a small opening comes from the centre and a screen pops out showing a huntsman, teacher you guess by the fact that there is a crowd of students throwing paper planes and pencils at each other directly behind him, he seems to pay no attention as a spit ball hits him in the back of the head. He gives off a loud sigh and begins to explain whats happening. "Everyone take your positions on the starting platforms and prepare for initiation," a small light starts to glow around the metal plates at the edge of the cliff. Once everybody is standing on one each he begins to speak again, "now, everyone you should all know by now what happens for initiation from either older siblings or horror stories so I wont ramble. There are 8 relics you and a friend which you will have made along the way will pick up one of these relics and return here. You will make this friend very simply; the first person you see, hear or otherwise encounter will be it. No exceptions. Is everyone ready? Too bad, 3. 2. 1. bye bye." the metal plates all fire in unison launch everyone into the air at the same time."well, that's not supposed to happen... Oh well." The robot then hovers its way towards Beacon
Characters:

Matih Mera ...

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    There's no accounting for dumbass
    • View Profile
Re: Roinnt Punt Faoi Cabáiste [Team KABS initiation]
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 01:51:32 AM »
Gray had been sitting on the shade of a tree having given up on looking for anyone he knew from his past couple of days at Beacon when the drone appeared and the plates lit up. jumping to his feet Gray strode over to where the plates were and stood as though there were a rod rammed up his arse due to the nerves. he listened intently and seeing the scene the teacher was in relaxed significantly and when he mentioned how "friends" would be made moved to raise his hand. "Um. excuse me sir what do we do if the person we encounter already has a partner? Or if we find our Relic before a partner and that partner also has a relic?" Is what he was going to say but what actually came out was. "um. Excuse me sir HOLY SHIT!" and with that Gray was spiraling through the air with a shocked yelp. As the forest came closer gray begun thinking of how the hell he was going to survive and came up with a plan. Pulling the two blades of Lamnia from his sides he realised how little time he had as he jammed them together and pulled the bowstring from one and attached it to the other. Raising it outwards Gray held it at an angle where the bowstring would catch on a tree branch once he entered the treetops. Feeling a snag followed by a force that felt like it was going to pull his arm off Gray also felt his momentum slowing significantly. Then with a loud snap Gray felt a lashing across his hand that his aura prevented from cutting his hand as the bowstring snapped and his momentum switched again causing him to backflip and crash straight onto his head at the trunk of a tree. "ooooooowwwwwww. Gray groaned as his feet fell into his view while his upside down frame leaned against the tree trunk.
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

Kiith

• Personal Text
    I don't know what I'm doing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 12:54:44 PM »
For a while now, Xanh had been excitedly peaking over he edge of the of the cliff that seperated the students from their proving ground in the dense Emerald forest. Much of it was actually hidden under fields of bright green tree tops, at least from this point of view, but in spite - or maybe because - of that the girl's imagination had been running wild. How would it look like once they made their way down there? What would they be setting out to find within the realms of the forest today? And most importantly: How the heck would the team stuff that everyone she had conversed with yet was always on about work out now? There of course are always stories going around, and through the years enough students came and went for the inner workings of the inititation to not be quite the big secret it might once have been. But on the hands, the teachers made sure to mix up the details from year to year, and it almost seemed to have become a bit of a tradition for those managed to pass this rite to participate in obscuring what really was going on, only ever sharing vague stories with those yet having to go through it, and sometimes just outright messing with them. And so the only things that where ever really known to people outside the Beacon's student body where to be prepared for everything and go in with a good sense of humor on one side and the constant expectation to encounter something that could maul you within a good three seconds.

So, being armed with not much more than this rather generic advise - and...well, her actual fighting equipment - Xanh was roughly as uncertain about what was going to happen soon as she was eager to finally get on with it and find out. Thus it came to no big surprise that she, upon a teacher making his appearance - even if just remotely - turned her head towards the new appearance, a grin of anticipation having found its way onto her lips. As she strolled towards one of the nearby panels upon teacherbot mentioning their role she had a quick look around among the other students. A few of them seemed to be as excited or even more enthuistatic than her about things finally starting off. With most others though one could see their nervosity, may it be through how they glanced towards the forest or through their heavy breathing that just got worse the closer they came to starting off the initiation.

And then there was of course that one guy who somehow did not even seem to have enough of a clue to be worried. As someone a little to her side began to speak hesitantly Xanh moved her head away from the cliff infront of her to get a view on the source of that voice. It was a rather lean boy talking like he was about to ask some question, the animalistic ears poking out of his black hair looking as if they inconspicuously displayed a mix of curiosity and jumpiness towards the things to come. She coud not help but be amused by the whole appearence of the boy and how he seemed to want to verbalise his concerns. But in reality, there was not much for more than the hint of a chuckle, for as she had turned her attention away from the image of the teacher he seemed to have jumped to the conclusion of his introduction. And as he was done he must have wanted the students to all be done themselves, for in the middle of her laugh Xanh suddenly found herself soaring towards the sky at a speed she certainly was not going at before!

"Oh fuck me sideways!" she exclaimed mid flight from the top of her lungs in a display of surprise, but - maybe as intended by this 'Throw them into the water' attitude - Xanh soon found her survival instincts kicking in. As she zoomed through the air, trying to orient herself in anticipation of a more than rough landin both her hands wandered towards her waist, where luckily enough Nuoc and Gischt still were attached to her belt. Though admittedly struggling a little in the wake of possibly getting smacked into the ground at speeds that would even kill skilled aura users she eventually managed to get them both out of their holsters without dropping them, and soon her attention shifted towards the dense forest below her, coming ever closer. There was mostly a thick sea of light green tree tops, occasionaly broken by large foundlings or a rare clearing. One of these indeed was roughly aligned with her flight path - and it was also decorated by what from up here looked the silhouette of a minor but probably big enough pond.The way she was going right now Xanh would go everywhere but there, not even really passing over it, but with a bit of adjusting the trajectory...

As the seconds passed and she found herself nearing the gorund Xanh eventually came close enough to the trees at the edge of the small clearing that she could feel tiny leaves bash against the soles of her shoes, and she could see the pond she had spotted  earlier, now a good few dozen metres to her left, on the other edge. Now was the time to act. Spotting a more or less fitting tree, with alot of thick branches expanding in different directions, and sticking out a little from the dense forest further to its right Xanh quickly extended her Kama's blades, preparing them to be used as handy grappling tools. As she started to pass through said tree's branches the girl slammed the blades into one of them, causing her to shift into a circular motion. After the few passes it took to get a bearing despite the quick movement, she released her weaons again, causing her to effectively fling herself through a little around the tree and towards another branch. There she did the same, and so she did three or four more times, effectively using the tree to shift her trajectory around, and towards a considerably more safe - if a little wet - landing spot than the bare, hard ground. For a last time she swung around another bough and after a few rotations she finally let go, flinging herself across across the clearing with what she still had left of her initial momentum after abusing that tree for purposes of redirection. For a few more seconds she remained in the air, soaring above the glade, nearing the ground ever further while trying to get on the other side. Until....Splash!

Not long after Xanh entering the up until then quiet pond its surface was once more disturbed as, propelled by a stream of quickly dispersing droplets, she emerged from the water, albeit at a much more moderate pace than at which she had entered. At the very end of her trajectory Xanh finally came to touch the ground, softening her impact once more with a roll. A moment of silence followed as she came to rest on the forest floor, at first only interrupted by a few heavy breaths and the usual noises that filled the woods around this time of day.

„Pff, piece o' cake“, Xanh finally triumphantly exclaimed after somewhat regaining her composure, trying to play off the slightly rough start even though nobody was around. Slowly she rose from the ground and stood up straight, having a quick look at her immediate surroundings. Now it was about time to get into the real business.

Dead_Proxy21

• Personal Text
    All the worlds a stage and we are the actors
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2016, 06:57:45 AM »
Avaline had been dreaming and dreading this day for the entirety of her enrollment here at the school. While her academics were near flawless, she still only had combat expertise when treating wounds. A look of anxiety had been on her face almost the entire time of her being there for the ceremony.

Soon she saw her fellow classmates being launched one after another and her anxiety started getting worse. She nearly broke down as she saw the person next to her being launched, but she couldn't back out now. She was launched into the air and flew for a good while before she hit the ground rolling. Avaline then drew her weapon and proceeded to advance further into the forest.

She didn't even make it 20 yards before she saw someone on the ground who looked like they bit their landing, by the looks of it looked like they tried to grab the tree to stop them, and walked over to them to help them out.

"Need any help?"
Approved:
Tychus Drenelian "I may not feel pain, but you do and I will make sure of it"
Connor Dragovic "Chemical warfare is cheap but it works"
Damien Sokolov "I see you"
Eva Anders "BOOM!!!!!"
Avaline Anders "A medic's job is never finished"
Duncan 'Napalm' Sandoval "If I wanted to see the world burn, I would still be in jail."

Marticus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2016, 01:11:09 PM »
Viridian rolled his neck from where he sat on one of the launch pads, hearing a faint cracking noise that caused the person beside him to shudder in disgust. How amusing. If they were uncomfortable with that, they were in the wrong profession. Not that Viridian himself was becoming a huntsman out of a love for helping others and doing the right thing. It's just that finding jobs when your best talent is stabbing people is rather difficult. Now, he gets to be the hero that some kid might look up to one day. Wasn't that terrifying.

One step at a time though. Viridian couldn't be some kid's "idol" if he didn't get through this first. And that would require making friends and surviving the incredibly obvious cliff dive that was going to follow. Seriously, there was no way this was meant to be a surprise, why else would they bring everyone down to a cliff over a forest.

How tiresome, Viridian couldn't help but think as he stared out over the Emerald Forest. Vienna would expect him to play nice, though, and if there was one thing Viridian knew not to do, it was not to disappoint her. Or any woman, really, but especially that one.

A quick shake of the head led Viridian to stand up as the teacher drew to a close what was probably a delightfully informative speech. And soon will come the........ yup, there it was. The "surprise" air trip the group was being subjected to. Which led to the first issue of the day: landing. Viridian had some idea of what to do, cutting through the tree branches using his semblance so that he'd slow down enough to start hoping between trees, then land from there. Easy as pie.

And that's what Viridian did upon reaching the tree line, his sword drawn in a vertical motion, carving through a branch that would've otherwise taken his head off, and from there, his sword danced, a blue stream that tore apart the beautiful visage of the woodland. Once he'd slowed down enough, Viridian sheathed his blade, caught it between his teeth, and flung his arms out, years of training making it easy to grab a branch, and hold on long enough to flip around the branch and drop down to the dirt below, his sheathed blade appearing in his left hand as his right caught the hilt, Viridian's eyes darting to and fro, checking for any disturbances in the area. Easy

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    There's no accounting for dumbass
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2016, 08:26:32 AM »
Gray saw some cybernetic legs come into view and heard a voice asking if he was alright. "I reckon I will be. Just had a not-so-happy landing." After he said this he brought his arms to the ground and grunted as he pushed himself up the trunk of the tree. he then leaned forward until he begun to topple over. once he toppled he arched his body so that his feet hit the ground first and then his body sprung back into and upright position. He then turned to face the person who had found him. She looked like she had taken even worse beating than he had. The scar on her face suddenly reminded him of his own and he quickly moved a hand to his hair to ensure it was still covering his left eye. Fortunately for him it was and a smile appeared on his face. "well. looks like I have my partner already. That was quick. It's nice to meet you. My name is Gray Saggio." As he introduced himself Gray offered a handshake to the white haired girl who stood in front of him.
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

Dead_Proxy21

• Personal Text
    All the worlds a stage and we are the actors
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2016, 03:14:41 AM »
Avaline took notice of the way that Grey checked his hair and knew what it meant. Living with her sister made any sort of hiding a dead giveaway, but she wanted to respect his privacy. She shook Grey's hand with a "firm" grip as that was she was taught by her father was a way to have people respect you. "I'm Avaline Anders. It's nice to meet someone who isn't a total jerk." She took her bag off and looked at him intently. "Before we set off I need to make sure you are one hundred percent though."
Approved:
Tychus Drenelian "I may not feel pain, but you do and I will make sure of it"
Connor Dragovic "Chemical warfare is cheap but it works"
Damien Sokolov "I see you"
Eva Anders "BOOM!!!!!"
Avaline Anders "A medic's job is never finished"
Duncan 'Napalm' Sandoval "If I wanted to see the world burn, I would still be in jail."

Kiith

• Personal Text
    I don't know what I'm doing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2016, 09:13:14 AM »
Spoiler: ShowHide
I beg you guys' pardon for that shortish and sub quality post, but I've been a little ill lately and never could sit down long enough to come up with a proper way to tackle this thread, but also don't want to keep you all waiting for too long.

For a while now Xanh had been walking through the forest, but since leaving the small clearing and the pond behind she had gotten nowhere really. It might have been a good idea to have had a short break after landing to get some better overview of the area, maybe by climbing a tree and trying to spot anything interesting peeking over the homogenous mass of treetops. But, as always, hindsight was 20/20. And since she could not be bothered to find a suitably big tree to get ontop of amongst the ever denser growing forest, all the girl ended up relying on was the vague image of the area she had gotten while falling towards the ground at an uncomfortably high speed. Which maybe did not make for a great point to base her journey through the woods off. But what else was she going to do?

And so she continued on what could vaguely  be seen as a path across the forest floor - but which really was just a strip of earth slightly less covered in moss or other ground flora if we are being honest - not quite where it would lead to, but positive that it would get her somewhere useful. After all it was said that all roads lead to Mistral...or, well, in this case to the place where the relics were.

Marticus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2016, 10:22:31 AM »
A quick check on the cut down branches behind him gave Viridian the direction of the relics, or the direction that he had been fired in, at least, and now Viridian gently strolled towards his future. One that would require him to take a partner, which really did sound like such a bother. There was no guarantee that this person would be in anyway competent or likeable, though, on that latter point, Viridian himself would probably be the problem. A bored sigh escaped his lips as Viridian rotated his neck slowly, rubbing the back of it with his right hand.

Suddenly dropping to a crouch, Viridian darted behind a tree and poked his head out slowly. He'd noticed movement off to his left, that revealed itself to be not a Grimm, as he'd been hoping, but a girl of average height, with shorter black hair and an entirely blue ensemble. She looked like the sea had gotten bored and went for a stroll. Might as well get this over with. Stepping out from his hiding place, Viridian jogged till he was a few meters behind her and spoke, "Hello there", his voice the embodiment of disinterest.