Author Topic: Spring in the Park (Open)  (Read 7768 times)

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    There's no accounting for dumbass
    • View Profile
Re: Spring in the Park (Open)
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2018, 05:17:25 AM »
Sandy strode through the park with a grin as Vale finally had some decent weather. It felt so weird to not be thankful for the rain when it came but he was just ecstatic for warmth. It was so warm he was even able to go without his coat. As he walked through the park his attention snapped to a blue light that two people promptly fell through. "what the hell!" Sandy ran over to where the light came from and looked around in a slight panic before he kicked on his semblance and found the two in a tree above him. "damn. that's a cool semblance."
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

DEXES

• Personal Text
    The weirdo
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2018, 07:29:37 AM »
"Thanks, though I wounldn't recomment going through them. Anyway, I'm Kisha! Want to join us up here?"
Kisha, still hanging upside down waved in the direction the newcomer stood. It may could get a bit crowded up in the tree, but there sure was enough room for one more person. She than looked to Celeste and Smokey You're okay with that, right?
Hyperactive weirdo Kisha Miles  - Beacon First Year - Team INKK/Ink
Dragon tamer Mikado Drak - Beacon First Year - Team DASE/Days
Compulsive gamer Dawn Mae - Beacon Second Year - Team ----
Scaredy cat peacock Arcano Blar Baldwin - Beacon First Year - Team ----

Kayla220

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2018, 08:29:40 AM »
"Of course, the more the merrrier," Celeste relied. Looking over at Smokey she said, "Nice of you to join us up here. Now isn't this better than just running around for no reason?" Winking at Smokey, Celeste moved to a comoftable position and looked down at the new arrival, "Come on up! I'm betting coming up on your own is better than going up with Kisha's semblance."

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2018, 08:54:45 AM »
Sandy grinned up at the group. "sure. why not?" he inclined a hand towards the tree trunk and a grappling line fired into it at roughly the height of the other's heads rapidly pulling Sandy up to meet it. Instead of then moving onto the branch Sandy braced his inward foot against the trunk and simply hung facing the group.
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2018, 11:10:06 AM »
"...Wha...?" Smokey sat, stunned, in the tree.  He fell, but he's in a tree.  ...Did he just fall up?  Did gravity glitch?  It wasn't until Kisha jumped through the portal that he understood what actually happened.

'Stupid mobility semblances' grumbled Smokey once again.  Sure, climbing a tree is a cinch when you can just fly or open portals, but isn't that cheating?  What about those of us who don't get the ability to defy gravity, huh? 

And as if on cue, a newcomer walks up, some sort of dog faunus, and proceeds to use a grappling hook to latch himself to the tree with the rest of the group.  "That's cheating, too," Smokey said dejectedly.  He tried to think of a way to shake the three others out of the tree, but he was out of luck.  One can fly, one can just hop through portals, and the other is secured by a mechanical device. 

Left with no options, Smokey crossed his arms and sat in the tree with sour look on his face. 
Smokey Emberstone Beacon 1st Year and the Immovable Gunslinger of Team DASE "I've got more than enough firepower to beat you" "You've only got one bullet!" "Like I said, more than enough"

Aurelia Lumen Beacon 3rd year and the Warhorse of Team (TBD)  "Lay down your weapons, lest you wish to taste my steel!"

Wabul "Toast" Paka Shade 1st year and the Acrobatic Swashbuckler of Team (TBD)  "Hey, I'm gonna go jump off a bridge, who's with me?"

Lucas Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Hermit of Team CLVS  "What's so great about 'bittersweet'?"

Clara Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Blast Magician of Team (TBD) "No one likes just plain ol' bitter"

August Flare Beacon 1st year and the would-be ruler of the world "Join me, and witness the Brightest Future!"

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

DEXES

• Personal Text
    The weirdo
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2018, 11:35:15 AM »
"Oh come on, Mr. Grumpy, just have some fun with us!"
Kisha started to poke around in Smokeys face. While doing so she turned to the dog faunus "So, what's your name? I think I already told you mine,
 but just in case, I'm Kisha Miles!
Kisha, who still hung upside town offered him a hand "Oh, and by the way, you can have some of the chocolates in the box"
She pointet with her free hand at the blue box on Celestes lap "The ones on the right are filled with caramel and the other ones whit a nut cream."
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 11:37:45 AM by DEXES »

Kayla220

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2018, 02:51:16 PM »
"So, you are stuck here with us might as well enjoy it. I mean you are in a tree with two pretty girls on a nice day, why so grumpy?" Celeste says to Smokey while tossing another chocolate in her mouth. Hearing Kisha offer the newcomer chocolate, she leans over and offers the box to Sandy.

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2018, 11:28:43 PM »
Smokey opened his mouth to snap at the girls, but quickly shut his mouth.  He took a long slow breath to collect his composure.  These people aren't trying to provoke him, they're trying to get him to relax.  They're doing terribly, but they're trying.  He took another breath and pinched his brow before finally speaking up.

"Alright, first of all, I told you my name. It's Smokey.  You call me Mr. Grumpy again, I might shoot something," he threatened, gesturing to his revolver.  It was a bluff, he didn't actually have any live ammo on him, instead simulating the weight with a few sand bags under his coat.  Carrying around that much dust and ammunition for mere physical training was pointless and basically just asking to lose it.  But dammit, people should stop calling him grumpy!  It's only gonna make him grumpier. 

He turned his attention to the winged girl who'd been, as far as Smokey was concerned, making fun of him since she laid eyes on him.  "Second, since you've finally got me up in this tree, you mind telling me your name?"  He looked at the other man, who had secured himself to the tree.  "You, too, I guess."
Smokey Emberstone Beacon 1st Year and the Immovable Gunslinger of Team DASE "I've got more than enough firepower to beat you" "You've only got one bullet!" "Like I said, more than enough"

Aurelia Lumen Beacon 3rd year and the Warhorse of Team (TBD)  "Lay down your weapons, lest you wish to taste my steel!"

Wabul "Toast" Paka Shade 1st year and the Acrobatic Swashbuckler of Team (TBD)  "Hey, I'm gonna go jump off a bridge, who's with me?"

Lucas Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Hermit of Team CLVS  "What's so great about 'bittersweet'?"

Clara Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Blast Magician of Team (TBD) "No one likes just plain ol' bitter"

August Flare Beacon 1st year and the would-be ruler of the world "Join me, and witness the Brightest Future!"

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

Kayla220

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2018, 12:09:08 AM »
"Oh sorry about that. My name is Celeste Izusa," Celeste replied popping another chocolate in her mouth. Jumping to another tree branch, she sat down and asked Smokey, "Why are you dressed so heavily and angry?"

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2018, 12:40:07 AM »
At the offer of chocolates Sandy reached out to try and grab one with his other grappling hook. Fortunately the box was moved closer to him before he tried, likely preventing a disaster in the form of the whole box winding up on the ground. "Thanks. my name's Sandy, though I usually just go by Sand." With introductions out of the way sandy threw the chocolate into his mouth. "damn this stuff is great."

DEXES

• Personal Text
    The weirdo
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2018, 08:30:19 AM »
Kisha finally swung up again and looked at the other three from the branch above “So, now that we all know each others name, let's do something together! How about 'a truth, two lies'? It's an easy game, you tell three stories of your live, but only one of them is true. The others have to guess the right story and if they do, they get a ponit.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 10:59:35 AM by DEXES »

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2018, 12:43:39 PM »
"I'm not angry!" Smokey snapped, then he immediately realized he snapped and promptly snapped his mouth shut.  He took another deep breath, before calmly asserting, "I'm not angry.  And as I said before, I was trying to get some conditioning in, hence why I'm wearing all this armor.  Don't you realize how long its been since we've had good weather like this?"

He turned to look at Kisha, who had swung up on another branch and made the suggestion to play a game.  Smokey sighed, it looked like he was stuck here for the time being.  He'll get training in some other time.  "Sure, why not?" he said resignedly as he shifted his weight to a more comfortable position. 

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

Kayla220

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2018, 11:36:44 PM »
"Okay that sounds fun," Celeste said. Looking over at Kisha, "Why don't you start?"

DEXES

• Personal Text
    The weirdo
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2018, 10:18:54 AM »
So, first story happend when I was 8. My grandparents took me to an grimm park. They had some grimm looked up in cages and visitors could look at them. It wasn't a big deal, there where Huntsmen everywhere, so nobody had any worries. However, when we were about to leave, on of the grimm actually escaped. The Huntsmen took him down, but we still was in shook for a few hours and the park was closed the same day.

Oke, second. I was in the kitchen, backing, when I accidentally threw the flour off the counter. I tried to catch it put I somehow created a loob. You know, a loob"
Kisha stopped herself. She created two portals, facing each other and took out an apple, she had in her bag. She threw the apple in the lower portal, only to see it come out the upper on, and falling down into the lower one again. That repeating infinitely. "that's a loob. Now, where was I, Oh yeah, She continuat, not caring about the apple which was still caught in the loob. "The flour I threw of the counter was opend and when it was caught in the loob, it didn't stopped twirling. Flour was everywhere, the walls, door, ceiling. My grandparents came to check out what was wrong and when they opend the door, they were meet with an ton of flour right to the face. You can't imagine how much trouble I was in.

Oke, last one. My friends and I played hide and seek in a really big area. But be didn't know that it was private property. One of our friends was sent home from the owner, but we didn't know that. So we searched, and searched, and searched, but we coulndn*t find her. After hours of searching we just sit there and cried, untill the owner of the property found us and told us that he send our fried away"

And whit that she stopped. "So, which one is true?"

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2018, 01:33:10 PM »
Smokey took a few seconds to contemplate the stories.  He was pretty sure he knew which one was the truth as soon as he heard it, but there wasn't any harm in thinking things through.  Acting on impulse got him in trouble more often than not.

The first story's almost definitely false.  Big, scary monsters bent on the destruction of humanity?  Sure, let's bring them into the city for public viewing, that can't possibly go wrong.  It's not like Huntsmen and Huntresses have anything better to do besides babysit a bunch of gawkers. Smokey mentally crossed that story off the list

That leaves the second and third story.  They're both more realistic than the first one, but the third one had a few inconsistencies. Why did the property owner take so long to find the other kids?  Did any of them have scrolls?  It just felt like if Smokey changed one detail, that story falls apart completely.  And going by that logic, the only option is....

"I'll say the second story," Smokey sighed.

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400