Author Topic: Nice and Easy Does It [Open]  (Read 13070 times)

Smile Junky

• View Profile
Re: Nice and Easy Does It [Open]
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2017, 03:56:27 PM »
“Still not a worry, Diana. I’m not expectin’ any of ye to be some kind of perfect socialite or anything’. We’re only human; we can mess up a bit. Just gotta make sure to learn from it when we do.” The Atlesian girl really seemed to be worrying about everything when she talked to them. She really didn’t have to. Just a bunch of fellow students hanging out, didn’t have to be all formal and everything. He wasn’t a social master by any definition of the word either, so it was probably what fueled his easygoingness about the whole thing.

The talk of shared room seemed to catch Glas’ attention as well, and he tilted his hooded head slightly as he took the information in. “Huh… alright. It’d be the first time that I’d have to deal with livin’ like that, but no reason to worry about it. Might be interestin’ to have some other folks bein’ around. Won’t be able to avoid that once I get a partner anyway, right?” Glas said with a hint of amusement. It was actually one of the few new experiences he was looking forward to when coming to Beacon. Only time would tell how much he’d appreciate it in the future, though.

“Personal projects? That sorta thing’s out of my league, Calen. I usually don’t plan anythin’ too far ahead or the like. Kinda makes it hard to ruin somethin’ that doesn’t exist,  y’know?” All he had planned for himself was whatever his teachers gave him to work on, and that was it. His meditating and such was all just done when he felt like it, planning to do it just wouldn’t have the same effect on him. “It’s worked out pretty well for me so far, so I reckon I’ll just keep goin’ with it.” He wouldn’t even know how to even begin planning ahead for something for himself. Too many factors that could go wrong or change without him knowing, who could really plan anything accurately?
Characters: Glas Mossberg

Vision

• Personal Text
    The Unofficial Official Keeper of Statistics
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2017, 07:46:27 PM »
Spoiler: ShowHide
Sorry for not replying in ages. I've gotten rather sick and its exam period so it'll probably be the same for the next weeks, I'll be free proper by mid may. Sorry again

"Thanks, and believe it or not how I am now is better than I used to be. So I am learning, albeit stupidly slowly." she gave a slightly exaggerated smile to make it clear that she was mostly joking. Not necessarily able to pull it off she still tended to go for rather self deprecating humor, thinking that it would be better if she made the critisim as a joke rather than them thinking it later.

Diana was visibly surprised at the news of a blind student but couldn't think of a way to ask how she fights without sounding insensitive, so she thought better of it. "We're an even split so at least I am not the only girl, can't say I'm a big fan of sharing a room. I miss having somewhere more private to go, you know."

She giggled a bit at Glas' response saying "You really have a remarkably relaxed attitude, it's honestly rather refreshing.".

"As for me. Umm, no can't say I really have much in the way of projects. I mean we've already talked a bit about my drawing. Only other thing I've been working is my rifle, making slight adjustments now that I don't have to deal with the cold Atlas climate." She had always liked hearing about other people's hobbies, though right now she just felt that she was failing to be interesting.

Diana Levone - Beacon First year - Leader and Medic of team Digital (DGTL)
[color= #839CA5]""[/ color]
Bastet Nin - Haven First year - Blinking Glaive Skirmisher of team Rewind (RWND)
[color= #F2B233]""[/ color]

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2017, 03:28:27 AM »
A beeping prompted Calen to take his scroll out with a small gesture of apology he stepped out of their triangle and read the message. 'It's been lovely talking with you Miss Farran and Glas but I really must be going' Calen announced sadly as he started to pack up the remaining slices slices.

'Thank you for all your help and answering my questions. If you ever want to talk again please don't hesitate to call' Calen continued before giving an elaborate bow and launching himself away with his semblance clearly heading away from the school grounds.

Please don't worry about it Vision.

I'm not very good at small talk irl so I can't really think of much else for Calen to talk about without knowing pop culture of the RWBYverse. But if Glas and Diana have more to say to each other please do
No criticism is too harsh so hit me with your best shot.

Calen Shrike - ASTC - First Year Beacon.

Saffron de Cortez - SALT - Third Year Atlas.

Amarant Lovis - (formerly of)ACCE - Headmaster of Atlas Academy

Ramalia - RASB - First Year Shade

Smile Junky

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2017, 06:20:40 PM »
It's fine! I know that life has its way of getting in the way of things we'd rather be doing, but you don't need to worry about it. Just glad to see you back!

Glas chuckled softly. "That's the ticket. Just don't go 'round talkin' down yer talents and you'll keep gettin' better at it all. Not like I got to be this good at nappin' by lyin' around, after all." He'd pause for a little bit. "Actually... don't think about that one too hard. Point is: you don't need to be hard on yerself all the time. If a hobby's not fun for you anymore, it kinda beats the purpose of havin' one, doesn't it?" Climbing was also something Glas found to be pretty enjoyable too, but he'd be sure to drop it if it ever became less than enjoyable for him.

"A quiet place is definitely good to have, yeah. It's where climbin' really comes in handy every once in a while. No quiet places around? Make one. Bound to be a tree or small hill or somethin' to get on top of for some R&R. I can give you some pointers on it if you ever need 'em." She could probably even give him a few pointers on how to deal with being part of a team as well. Glas sure as heck didn't know the first thing about that. "But y'know, a few other people in my life would say I was a bit too relaxed. Can you believe that? I don't think there's such a thing."

Calen was apparently making his exit from their little chat, and Glas nodded at him with his hands still firmly planted in his jacket pockets. "Be seein' you around, Calen. You just might need to nudge me a bit if I don't respond or something'. I'll most likely be... Well y'know." Which then left Glas to carry on his conversation with Diana. Kind of like how their whole conversation began in the first place. He had to chuckle a little bit at that.

Vision

• Personal Text
    The Unofficial Official Keeper of Statistics
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2017, 09:43:07 PM »
 Thanks :D Should hopefully start getting better soon, though this gap hardly helps that point.

With a bit of a teasing tone Diana responded. "Hey, there are people struggling to sleep that wish they were as good at nappin' as you." That... had seemed a lot funnier in her head. Trying to get away from her bad quip she continued in a more sincere tone."The drawing is for myself though I do like the idea of making portraits and such for people, I'm just not there yet. It's one of the reasons I come out here to do my drawing, the shared team bedrooms don't exactly lend themselves to privacy." Afraid that he might think she missed his point she quickly added "And yes, I will try to not be as hard on myself. Force of habit I'm afraid."

"Can't say I've done much climbing in general, and certainly not trees. Don't see a lot of significant growth outside of caves in Mantle." She had a bit of a troubled expression at the comment about being too relaxed, something she had just complimented him for. "That's not a nice thing to say about someone. Being relaxed isn't the same as being apathetic, and considering how nice you've been to a stranger you certainly aren't that. Does that sort of thing come up often?"

"Oh. Umm, well it really has been a pleasure Calen. Thank you again for the sweets and the tips for shopping and ingredients. Feel free to send a message if there's anything you want to talk about some other time." She turned back to Glas but hesitated a bit unsure of if he wanted to continue the conversation or not, after all this had started by her interrupting his meditation.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 09:50:55 PM by Vision »

Diana Levone - Beacon First year - Leader and Medic of team Digital (DGTL)
[color= #839CA5]""[/ color]
Bastet Nin - Haven First year - Blinking Glaive Skirmisher of team Rewind (RWND)
[color= #F2B233]""[/ color]

Smile Junky

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2017, 06:53:23 PM »
“That’s just somethin’ I can’t figure out, personally” Glas said with a tiny shrug. “Sleepin’ should be something’ pretty easy for anyone to do. Kinda hard to teach on top of all of that. Although maybe I could give it a shot, at least get an extra nap in durin’ the day, eh?” A grin peeked out from under his obscuring hood, directed at Diana for her little jest. Glas was sure that if put up a bunch of fliers around Beacon advertising ‘Sleeping Lessons’ that he’d get a few bites. On the other hand… It wounded like it was a bit too much work for something that was supposed to be relaxing. A sort of relaxation paradox.

Diana at least was starting to show she had a pretty level head about her drawing at the very least. “Good, you don’t want to rush yourself with somethin’ like that. Take it at yer own pace, and sooner or later it’ll be as natural as breathin’. Tryin’ to force somethin’ like that would just make you end up hatin’ it in the end.” The young man nodded slightly to emphasize his solidarity with the situation. Being a little self-conscious about one’s art would certainly make trying to practice it surrounded by other people a difficult task. I mean, unless Diana here goes on lockin’ herself in the closet or something’ to try and draw in peace. Heh… It certainly give her roommates something to talk about, at any point.

“I feel ya. Some habits are pretty hard to go and break, but they break eventually. Not sayin’ that you’ll turn into a master artist or somethin’, but you’ll at least be comfortable with it all. Best state of mind to be in, if you ask me.” The young man slumped forward slightly as he felt another good nap rearing its head, but he fought back against it slightly so he could keep his conversation going with Diana for the time being. Even if she didn’t have too much practice climbing, it didn’t mean the end of their talk either. Especially since something he said seemed to catch her attention.

“Eh, some of my teachers don’t take too kindly to fallin’ asleep durin’ their lessons. Take it as some kinda sign that I don’t care about my lessons or somethin’. May have fallen asleep once or twice while someone was talkin’ to me as well, so it’s not like I can’t blame ‘em for getting’ mad for no reason. Just wish they could see it wasn’t a reason to be mad in the first place, y’know?”