Author Topic: A Pinch of SALT [Closed]  (Read 22861 times)

Kaliot

• View Profile
Re: A Pinch of SALT [Closed]
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2017, 09:42:36 PM »
"I wouldn't get your hopes up," Avery said, getting comfortable on his bed as he whipped out a book of his own, a mystery novel. "Knowing him, I wouldn't be surprised if he went out to go snag a fish himself, Lord knows where the nearest watering hole is." He chuckled with a tinge of nervousness, unsure of what Aurum was actually doing. For all Avery knew, this all could've been a ploy on himself, not Sovereign. Not too likely, but Aurum was certainly capable.

He knew he should have placed a tracker on his brother when he had the chance.
Pyre Persephone Delanto

Formatting

Characters: ShowHide

Sophea Devi Visorith - Beacon Nurse, Gardener, Health Nut, Scholar
Mao Visorith - First-Year Beacon Student, Team SFF[M]
Aurelia Caelius - Beacon Graduate, Huntress, Team [A]URM
Izumi Cremisi - Member of Obsidian Rose, Assassin, Thief, Arcade Enthusiast
Airi Fogden Bicardi - Second-Year Atlas Student, Family Heiress
Avery LeBlanc - Third-Year Atlas Student, Triplet, Duelist, Manipulator, Team SA[L]T | Threads [Team: ]
Yu Mei - Third-Year Haven Student
Suna Arevik - First-Year Shade Student, Scavenger-in-Training, Team S[S]MR
Mara Lev - Mercenary, de facto Leader of Siren

Worldbuilding: ShowHide

Mahava Plains - The bastion of Eastern Sanus
Obsidian Rose - Valish Criminal Organization

mylies43

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2017, 02:04:50 AM »
Topaz lied on the bed reading her book for half an hour more, occasionally checking the clock to see how long Aurum had been gone. As the clock ticked past the half hour mark she signed getting up and walking over to the window. "He should be back by now if he is actually fishing for some fish he better bring back enough for everyone cause I'm starving."Squitting against the sunlight she scanned the view for Aurum hoping to see him somewhere. "At any rate, I wanna go get some food, wanna come with?" She said gathering her bag and a couple of key essentials.
Serin Avery = 1st Year Beacon Student[Team BSSM]
Topaz(Taylor) Stone = 3rd Year Atlas Student[Team SALT]

Kaliot

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2017, 02:05:14 PM »
"Hm, he did handily ditch us." Avery ahrugged. "Sure, let's go" He shut his book with a nice plop, put on his jacket, and made his way to the door. "Want to try that new restaurant that just opened up?" He opened the door, leaving it open as he stood outside in the hallway. "It's headed by that famous chef, uh." He remained silent for a moment. "I forgot his name."
Pyre Persephone Delanto

Formatting

Avery LeBlanc - Third-Year Atlas Student, Triplet, Duelist, Manipulator, Team SA[L]T | Threads [Team: ]

mylies43

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2017, 03:44:48 AM »
"Elzar Bam? I heard he's pretty good if not a bit arrogant."She said slipping her bag on and walking out the door locking it behind her. Adjusting her hat she exited Beacon and strolled into town with Avery looking for the restaurant and on the side Aurum. Doing her best to navigate she eventually got to the restaurant."Huh, looks fancy. Hope we can afford it, should probably tell Aurum we're here thou."Topaz said pulling her scroll out and sending Aurum a message.

Kaliot

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2017, 11:50:51 AM »
"Nonsense, nonsense. I'm sure he'll be fine." Avery raised up his arms. "Who knows what he could be doing right now. It'd be best not to disturb him." Avery adjusted his jackets, checking the pockets for anything he might've forgotten in it. He pulled of a small pack of mint gum that he'd bought the other day. "Elzar Bam, right. And don't worry, I can cover you!"  Despite saying that, it was only just within his range. Keeping the party light would certainly be preferable.

He made his way toward the building's exit, grabbing a stick of gum and placing it into his mouth. "Would you like a piece?" Avery said as he removed a stick and held it in Taylor's direction.
Pyre Persephone Delanto

Formatting

mylies43

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2017, 07:30:45 PM »
"Nah I'm good, we are about to eat and all."She followed Aurum into the restaurant and plopped down into an empty booth by the window and began looking through the menu. She glanced around the restaurant between items scanning the room for anything interesting or of note. Suddenly someone counts her attention, in the back corner of the restaurant clearly trying to be hidden were two students from an opposing team who appeared to be going out on a date.

Pointing towards the couple Topaz said"Hey, isn't that, er, what's they're a name from team HAJJ and CHEZ? I thought those teams hated each other."She took a picture as stealthy as she could with her scroll."Oh this is gonna be some good blackmail."

Kaliot

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2017, 09:51:59 AM »
Avery took a peek at the table that Taylor had mentioned, and sure enough, there they were. "A modern day Romero and Juliana, huh?" He returned his attention to the menu. "Though I feel like blackmail would be a little less effective here than in the story." Out of the corner of his eye, he saw a waiter approaching and signaled for Taylor to put away her scroll before he arrived.

"Good afternoon, sir, madam. Have you decided on your meals?? He had his small notebook and a shiny, metallic pen readied in anticipation.

"Ah yes, I am ready to order." He turned his attention to Taylor. "How about you?
Pyre Persephone Delanto

Formatting

mylies43

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2017, 10:09:13 PM »
Topaz scowled as she packed she scroll into her bag muttering under her breath how Aurum was ruining the fun, once she looked up the waiter had arrived and was ready to take their order. "Yeah I'm ready. I'll have the chicken alfredo with some water please." She turned back to Aurum and waited for him to finish ordering, once the waiter finally left she began speaking again.

"Its been a while since we've gotten to just chill, not since at least last quarter. Still failing all those classes or did you take my advice and join the nerd side?" She said leaning back into her seat and began absent-mindedly spinning a fork in her hand.

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2017, 12:19:39 AM »
"I RETURN!" Aurum said, his voiced somewhat muffled by a makeshift mask made of several handkerchiefs tied onto his face. In his hands however was a rather fresh looking piece of fish, complete with scales and fins, which more often than not are removed for cooking. With an empty vial of dust in one hand he stuffs the fish into the fridge with a grin so obvious it was seen through his makeshift mask. "Took me a while but I managed to stuff a nice hefty amount of mixed dust into that fat thing, I wonder why people even eat them, and to prevent spoilage till the grand exhibition it'll sit in the fridge for the time being.

Picking up the contraption from the middle of the room, Aurum absently picked up the contraption, strapped on a few hooks to hold the fish onto later, and set it aside, not noticing the add-ons by his partners-in-crime. Taking off his mask he tossed the handkerchiefs into a laundry basket and his rubber gloves into the trash bin.

"Nasty bit of business there if I do say so myself. Trying to gut a fish without actually gutting a fish and stuffing stuff inside is a bit tricky. Though with hands like these I could do anything!"
Students
Wisteria Lockheart - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Don't make me throw a book at you"
Shiroe Pendragon - 1st Year Student at beacon - "This is my monochrome reality" - Team MARS
Lavender du Lac - 1st Year Student at Haven -  "The harder I try the further things drift away."
Ayaka Miyamoto - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Tsubame Gaeshi!" - Team ALIA
Vermilion Desdemona - 3rd Year Student at Beacon - "Only time you'd be above me is when your head rests on my pike"
Talen de L'eglantine - 3rd Year Student at Beacon
Kei Almas - 4th Year Student at Beacon - "Everything is ripe for the taking!"
Aurum LeBlanc - 3rd Year Student at Atlas - "Lay back, take it easy, and watch the comedy unfold"

Professors
Professor William Nox - "To contain the world in a grain of dust

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2017, 11:30:06 PM »
Walking past her dorm, going from a meeting between Faunus Rights activists to her pilot training, Saffron wasn't surprised to hear a loud commotion coming from her team's room. That didn't mean she didn't feel obligated to check it out, at least to make sure her instruments were OK.

'How are you doing, Aurum? Saffron asked cautiously as she scanned room looking for traps and whatnot. 'Not up to anything too damaging I hope.' Saffron managed a small smile, she loved her team but being one of the very few Faunus team leaders made her incredibly embarrassed whenever one of their pranks got linked back to them.

Quickly noticing the 'harness' Aurum was 'working' on Saffron looked like she was going to ask for an explanation but decided at the last second it wasn't worth the hassle. Placing her 12 string guitar on the wall and looking over the instrument for any new nicks Saffron called out to Aurum. 'Do you know where Talyor and Avery are?' Satisfied the instrument would survive another day Saffron turned to face her teammate and awaited his response.
No criticism is too harsh so hit me with your best shot.

Calen Shrike - ASTC - First Year Beacon.

Saffron de Cortez - SALT - Third Year Atlas.

Amarant Lovis - (formerly of)ACCE - Headmaster of Atlas Academy

Ramalia - RASB - First Year Shade

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2017, 09:31:51 AM »
"Oh they're over ther...where the heck are they? Oh well, Saf, mind helping me haul this work of art to a crowdwd area? I've decided to be merciful and use the bass while fresh and not smelling like Avery's week old gym socks."
Students
Wisteria Lockheart - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Don't make me throw a book at you"
Shiroe Pendragon - 1st Year Student at beacon - "This is my monochrome reality" - Team MARS
Lavender du Lac - 1st Year Student at Haven -  "The harder I try the further things drift away."
Vermilion Desdemona - 3rd Year Student at Beacon - "Only time you'd be above me is when your head rests on my pike"
Aurum LeBlanc - 3rd Year Student at Atlas - "Lay back, take it easy, and watch the comedy unfold"

Professors

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2017, 03:02:34 AM »
Saffron tried her best to give a stern glare at Aurum's ridiculous suggestion but understood how fruitless talking him out of this would be. Giving an exaggerated sigh Saffron nodded 'Well I guess there is less chance of you getting caught and myself getting blamed if I help out, ironically.' The Faunus chuckled under her breath at the strangeness of her life. She would never get used to the shifts from activism, military training and travelling the world, all coloured by an endless array of pranks.

'I don't get much use out of my double base anymore, we could use the case to transport your 'work of art' less conspicuously.' Saffron suggested dragging the heavy, leather bound case out of the closet. 

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2017, 08:28:30 AM »
Aurum gave a thousand watt smile and a thumbs up saying something  along the lines of 'you're the best' and 'best partner in crime ever'. Taking the case from Saffron, Aurum begun stuffing the contraption inside after putting the instrument.

"How do you want this to play out? We draw in a crowd ourselves claiming to be buscers in the hallways or secretly plan out an elaborate scheme in the cafeteria? I always hated their caseroles. Needed more macaroni. " Despite his obvious lack of cooking knowledge Aurum gave an audible sound of disgust as he recalled the particular dish. Who the heck doesnt put macaroni on the menu anyways? Maybe he'll swap all the foodnitems next time with the pasta, that would be a good project to invest in after this.
Students

Professors

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2017, 01:00:11 AM »
Saffron couldn't help but grin at Aurum's energetic raving. Off on another adventure, I suppose. Lets hope we don't get into too much trouble. Saffron thought to herself as Aurum took the case.

'Maybe not the cafeteria, we also have meals there and I doubt anyone will be able to get all the fish smell out for a while. Maybe a lecture hall instead? Or at least a wing of the school we don't frequent as much.' Saffron offered, cementing herself as an accomplice. 'I'm not going to contaminate any of my instruments though, so we will have to think of another scheme.'

Taking her scroll out and sends a quick text to Topaz and Avery simply asking where they are and that Aurum has found his fish. She wasn't really worried but still liked know where everyone was, it made it harder for them to sneak up on her when Aurum's pranks turned inevitably inward.

mylies43

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2017, 04:31:56 PM »
Halfway though a very important conversation with Avery about what animal would create the most chaos if you doubled their size her scroll went off with several messages from Saffron. A quick glance at it allowed her to see that Aurum had returned with a fish and was going to go detonate it somewhere, the where being still being decided. "Looks like Aurum and Saffron are back,we should probably head over as well if we want to see this thing go."

Placing money on the table to pay for her meal and walking out the door she sent out a quick text stating that they would be back soon.