Author Topic: New Buds [Closed]  (Read 32821 times)

MTNew

• View Profile
Re: New Buds [Closed]
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2017, 02:50:15 PM »
Russell can tell that neither he or Nathan were the overly-talkative type. But at least Nathan tried to break the ice, which is more than he could say for most of the people he's come across.

Traveling to Beacon wasn't the most peaceful journeys, especially when others stare at you. But he shook this thought off, focusing back on his troubled teammate.

"Ahh, it's no big deal. I'm kinda the same way sometimes," Russell replies. He was interested to see what came Nathan was playing. He loved the video games that Atlas provided in the common area, but he knew they weren't his so he never grew attached to them. But his size made each step he took was like a stomp. A stomp he feared would frighten his new teammate.

He walked slowly toward Nathan. "Hey, I'm a bit of a gamer too. What game is that?," Russell asked, curious and hoping to get a response.
Russell "Rusty" Omhiaba, 1st Year Beacon Transfer Student on Team ROSE: "If you mess with those I care about, don't be surprised if my rage comes out."

The Mythic Scribe

• Personal Text
    What sanity?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2017, 09:26:24 AM »
Mauve complied quietly with Ismael's request to sit, producing an internal sigh of relief when Ismael agreed to talk instead of simply continuing on his not-so-merry way or something of the sort. She had to hesitate when Ismael asked her first though, Mauve usually asked other people first so that she knew how to craft her answer to best fit the wishes of the person she was conversing with, in this case, Ismael. But she knew that sometimes, everything didn't have to be so structured and planned. Sometimes just doing stuff from the heart was the best option.

"Alright," Mauve started warily, trying to think of what to say. "Well, you know that Fortuna and I had grown fairly close in the time that she was a part of this team. She was-and is-a very good friend. Fortuna's dependable and personable, and she was always a shoulder to lean on, your own personal cheerleader." Mauve let out a sigh as she thought more about what she was saying, finding it to be more true than she realized. Fortuna would've been great in such a situation, she was always the more friendly one. "She was like the glue in our team, hmm? I cannot say that I wasn't hurt by her leaving though. Or the fact that she hid her background from us. I kind of... kind of thought that maybe we'd become close enough that secrets like that wouldn't have to exist between us anymore." She stared down at her hands in disappointment. A part of her blamed herself for being... well... her. Rich and sophisticated, it couldn't have been easy to try confessing with someone like her to remind Fortuna of what she wanted to be. And really, what she was. Fortuna was every bit as classy as Mauve, that was a given.

"It's still no excuse to not accept Russell though," she started anew, changing her tone of voice ever so slightly. "Like it or not he will be-no, is, our new teammate. And he deserves just as much respect as Fortuna. Could you imagine being in his shoes?" she asked, gesturing in the general direction of their dorm room. "In a new environment, with no previous friends, in a team that already knows each other. It can't be easy, now can it?" Mauve raised an arm to rub Ismael's shoulder consolingly. "Mr. Omhiaba will not be replacing Fortuna. Do not think of it as replacing her. He's simply a new member in the group. I'm not sure what I'll do without Fortuna. How can you direct a vehicle that has nothing holding it together? But the thing is, there has to be something holding it together. Us. We all have to work to become the new glue in our team. To hold ourselves together during these turbulent times."

She smiled gently, lowering her hand. "But I've already talked more than my fair share. What I wanted was to hear what you felt, Ismael. How do you feel about Fortuna leaving us?"
Mauve Roux(1st year leader of team ROSE):“Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.”  -Simone Weil

Bianca Li(1st year member of team CBLT):"When you're the victim of the behavior, it's black and white; when you're the perpetrator, there are a million shades of gray." -Laura Schlessinger

Primrose Aster(1st year member of team BTRA):“To weep is to make less the depth of grief.”  -William Shakespeare

Cerise Carnelian(1st year member of team VCVS):"Be as you wish to seem." -Socrates

Lien Li(2nd year member of team MLDC): "To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders." -Lao Tzu

Aurora Hesperid(1st year leader of team ATLA)

Th3King0fChaos

• Personal Text
    The Official Harem King.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2017, 10:34:17 AM »
Ismael moved around a little to become more comfortable and then started by saying, "How I feel? Angry, sad, confused, depressed, underwhelmed, overwhelmed, understanding, and down right stressed. I know none of us got off on the right foot, I know that, I created a big scene at the start of the year, and you all got over that fast. So to me you all became like family and so when someone leaves it hits hard, and when someone tries to come in, to me it's like salt in the wound. Look I will give the new guy a shot, however, I am not trusting him from the color of his shoelaces". Ismael then laughed as he thought how funny that statement was, shoelaces? Well whatever time to become more serious, "But still, I am gonna give him a shot, however, I'm still not gonna trust him with what I got, he doesn't get that for free". Ismael then stands up and stretches as he finally states with his black lightning hoping around him, "You know a life like this is more deadly than a plague? Why do we pursue it in the first place? To find hope? Redemption? Or just because it's a trend?". Ismael then starts walking away realizing that he was able to hear the voices, and damn do they sound philosophical right now.
Ismael Skhaos
The Weird Armory of team INKK (Active)

Cherry Rockwell
The lightning Ace of Team ---- (Not in use for now)

Carmine Rodwell - #960018
The Lone Tiger (Not in use for now)

Farco Lione
The Prince of team ---- (Not in use for now)

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    Infinite ADHD Asperger's physicist monkeys
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2017, 12:06:24 PM »
Nathan glanced at his computer before turning back. "Oh, that? It's actually a 3D modeling software I'm trying to ease into, but I think I'll wait 'til I have actual use for it. I've been reading the manual for 3 days straight and am still nowhere close to a quarter of the way done."

A small smile - the one he had when being friendly, which is slightly different than when... never mind - found its way onto his face. "I am, however, also a gamer. Mind telling me what genres you're into? I might have something. Or not. Which is the point of me asking."
Characters: ShowHide
Nathan Eau, De Facto Jetpack Guy and Leader of Team INKK
Camelia Sol, Miss Magnetic Personality and Leader of Team CAST
Anna Fall, Insightful Visionary of Team ASTC
Brock Greenwood, Human Titan of Team DGTL
Helena Chlophyll, Ray of Sunshine of Team CHES
Scarlett/Corinth,Korynn,etc. Briggart/Topaz (In the works)
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Maena Nadir, Coherent Beam of Team SSMR
Europa/Encela(dus)/Io/Callisto/Calypso (In the works)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"Some goddamn bullshit, Invictus Omega"
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"I swear it's not my fault"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

MTNew

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2017, 01:09:44 PM »
Russell thought that was amazing. He was used to modeling and shaping with his hands, but a computer is a different story. He never even got to use his father's computer. This memory was briefly somber, but Russell feigned happiness to not remind himself of that night.

"Oh that sounds really cool," Rusty replied, becoming more interested by the second. He wanted to play, but he didn't know how to ask.

"Hmm, I like just about anything," Rusty said, hoping he could figure out how to talk to Nathan. "I never had a game of my own before so I didn't know much about video games. If I miss anything from Atlas right now, it'd be the fact that all the systems at Atlas ran any game we wanted. I got really good at this war simulator. I added some protruding spikes to my shield for it. But RPGs and FPS are really fun too. Sorry for the rambling. I didn't think I'd meet another gamer here."
Russell "Rusty" Omhiaba, 1st Year Beacon Transfer Student on Team ROSE: "If you mess with those I care about, don't be surprised if my rage comes out."

The Mythic Scribe

• Personal Text
    What sanity?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2017, 10:51:43 PM »
Mauve listened sympathetically as Ismael started to share his own feelings, her hand making its way to her teammate’s shoulder again, rubbing it to express that no hard feelings about the incident at the beginning of the year remained. She could very much see where all of this was coming from, and she actually shared a lot of those feelings with him. Then as he stood, Mauve readied herself to chase after him again, until… his last question. She couldn’t help but hesitate at it, to try finding an answer even though it was very much rhetorical. Mauve knew why she was training to be a huntress. Right? To… to protect others, to do her good with the world, because it was the right thing to do. And she admitted that a part of her did this to prove that she deserved to have a part in the world, to prove that she was as great as her brother was, that he would never die. Success is the best revenge.

The pause bought Ismael enough time to get a considerable distance away from her though. Seeing this, Mauve stood and turned in the direction he was heading, calling out, “I’m going to head back,” in an almost-shout. Ladies should not yell. “If you would prefer to join me back and welcome our new teammate then I invite you to do so. I do however, understand that you may need your own personal space at the moment. And if this personal space is your wish then I will not stand in the way of it.” Not waiting for an answer, no matter how impolite it could seem, Mauve swiveled to head back into the dorm room.

She knocked softly on the door before entering, twisting the doorknob slowly and softly, so as to give them time to refuse her entry if they wished. Meeting no opposing actions, Mauve pushed the door open wider to find the two boys talking near Nathan’s computer. Smiling in a quite motherly way, she asked “Well, what would you two be up to at the moment? Team bonding I would hope, though I do understand that men are always up to no good.” Aiming another kind look at Nathan, Mauve proceeded to act like the leader she was. “Would any of you like tea? Perhaps some coffee? The mini-fridge is stocked with all sorts of food. There’s fruit if you’d like any. Apples, oranges, strawberries, and my personal favorite… pomegranates!” The last fruit she said while pulling one of the said fruit out, turning the red fruit around in her hands before cutting around and twisting it into two halves, one of which she set down on the table. The other she held in one of her hands, using the other to pick some of the red seeds out.
Mauve Roux(1st year leader of team ROSE):“Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.”  -Simone Weil

Bianca Li(1st year member of team CBLT):"When you're the victim of the behavior, it's black and white; when you're the perpetrator, there are a million shades of gray." -Laura Schlessinger

Primrose Aster(1st year member of team BTRA):“To weep is to make less the depth of grief.”  -William Shakespeare

Cerise Carnelian(1st year member of team VCVS):"Be as you wish to seem." -Socrates

Lien Li(2nd year member of team MLDC): "To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders." -Lao Tzu

Th3King0fChaos

• Personal Text
    The Official Harem King.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2017, 05:29:49 PM »
Ismael slowly walks over to the nearest tree and sits down to start and try to meditate. He gives a small audible sigh as he closes his eyes and tries to empty his mind letting the voices sound more clearly. He hasn't done this in a long while and he found it tough at first, but after a bit of time it came to him and he started an inaudible conversation with them to discuss anything or everything.
Ismael Skhaos

Cherry Rockwell

Farco Lione

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2017, 05:57:10 AM »
"Ehh, rambling's fine. So RPGs and FPS, hm? Well, I might have a few FPS in stock, lemme set up an appropriate gaming environment. This puppy can run literally anything on max settings." On that note, Nathan moved to his bedside table and produced two rolls of... transluscent film? alongside a pair of DoubleClash 3 controllers, the 4 items unceremoniously deposited on the bed. He then proceeded to rummage through his physical games - which were really all already in his computer, but it's just simpler that way.

Mauve came in at that moment, enquiring on their current activities - shortly followed by another question, concerning refreshments & snacks. Nathan glanced at the small frame and replied with "[color#00d219]Discussing video games. And tea, please, if it's not too much trouble.[/color]", finishing his sentence while simultaneously sending a warm smile in Mauve's direction.

"Right. So in the FPS category, I'm pretty poor, seeing as I usually go for simulators, 4X, sandbox and action. Still, I have Surreal Championship III, which is probably my favourite due to the vehicles, and also Catastrophe 2. I've also got a relic in the form of Galactic Battle: Warfront 2."
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

MTNew

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2017, 07:52:08 PM »
Russell was baffled by all of the games Nathan owned. He had only dreamed about owning all of these games. He only got to play in the common areas back at Atlas. He thought maybe if he could earn enough money that he could live comfortably. No, he wanted to make sure his mom had a better life first. Then he could worry about himself.

"Oh I've heard of Catastrophe 2. Never played though. But I've been known to school some Atlas jokers in Surreal Championship III. Maybe we can get Ishmael back in here so we can all play together."

Russell grabs one of the controllers and sits down next to his new teammate, but can't help wonder about his mom and then Ishmael. He hoped he wasn't the cause!

The Mythic Scribe

• Personal Text
    What sanity?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2017, 10:19:11 AM »
"Alright then, tea it is," said Mauve, smiling back at Nathan before frowning slightly at Russell, who had again ignored her. A little rude of him. Perhaps a result of his humble upbringing? Mauve internally reprimanded herself for even thinking that, reminding herself that humble roots or not, he was as good as she was. Sometimes you just couldn't shake a certain mindset. He seemed quite intrigued by the video games though, and knowing boys and such... Well, she could let it pass for now, she had to make some tea. Making sure to set her pomegranate down on the end table near where she planned to sit later, Mauve did just that.

Teacup and saucer in hand, Mauve steadily made her way to her teammates sitting on Nathan's bed. She set the tea down on the end table belonging to said bed, trailing her fingers along Nathan's shoulders as she passed. "Enjoy your tea Nathan." Mauve then hurried across the room to grab her own cup of tea, because it was sloppy to carry two at once. During the time that she used to walk back and sit down adjacent to the boys, she took the time to talk further concerning the tea. "I hope you find it to your tasting. I always advocate not adding much to tea, oolong is always best alone for instance though sencha goes well with lemon and chai already has a good amount of milk, but anywho I left the tea very much plain in order for its flavor to be highlighted. Longjing, a tea I will always swear by if it's authentic. This is only second grade Longjing though, shame it isn't first or superior grade, but I like it all the same." By then she'd sat down and started taking sips of the tea she was praising so highly. "Mmm... Are you sure you don't need anything Russel?"

Th3King0fChaos

• Personal Text
    The Official Harem King.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2017, 11:17:12 AM »
Ismael stays still in pure silence, allowing him to listen clearly and fully to what is being said in his mind.
Ismael Skhaos

Cherry Rockwell

Farco Lione

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2017, 11:02:25 AM »
"Alright, SC3 it is." Nathan took the leftover controller along with one of the translucent rolls. He plugged the wire crammed within the roll into the back of his computer, causing the roll to unfold within a second, producing a decent-sized UHD screen, complete with a small stand. "Just do the same.", he said as he put the screen on his end table.

"Thanks, Mauve.", he responded with a warm smile as she set the tea on the same piece of furniture. As for the slight trailing touch on his shoulder, he replied in a similarly subtle fashion along the girl's back. He then used the screen that had just turned on to start the game after 2-3 touches.

With one hand, keeping the controller in the other, he took a sip of tea while listening to Mauve's extensive opinion on how to properly serve tea. "It tastes great. Best tea I've had in a long while." He then started creating a multiplayer game, pausing at the mode selection screen to let Russell answer Mauve's question.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 09:46:05 AM by nathan67003 »
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2017, 09:38:55 PM »
(MT? Hulloooh?)
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Th3King0fChaos

• Personal Text
    The Official Harem King.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2017, 10:00:30 PM »
(Boop)
Ismael Skhaos

Cherry Rockwell

Farco Lione

MTNew

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2017, 08:37:38 AM »
(Sorry I haven't been posting in while. Honestly had slipped my mind on account that I had a lot of stuff to deal with at once this past week... ugh. I promise to get better at posting more frequently)

Russell looked up to Mauve, handing Nathan a cup of tea. He briefly flashbacked to his mother. She often made him tea whenever he was sick. Like only whenever he was sick, but he didn't want to make Mauve sad so he humbly said,"Thank you, madam. I'll take some tea as well." Russell knows he has infrequently said that word before, but based on Maeve's speech pattern, he hoped that she'd appreciate it.

Nathan takes a sip of the tea and is immediately astonished the tea's aroma. It smelled just like the tea his mother made whenever he was sick. His mom did work for the rich and well-off, so it wouldn't be a stretch to think...

Naw, he didn't want to think about that now. First he had to beat Nathan in this SC3 game. "Okay! Let's do this! You're going down!"
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 08:46:28 AM by MTNew »